Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Improved Overrun?

i am planning on taking improved overrun at my next level. i was wondering, before i make this final, are there ways to exploit this feat to make it better later on through other feats? for instance, someone who takes improved sunder can later take combat brute.

i plan on using this feat as a way to make charging more fun. one thing that i find gets in the way of charging at the guy who you want to be hitting is by putting mooks in the way.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post

You're just going to start randomly setting things on fire, aren't you?
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post

This entire campaign's going to become nothing but partying in a long forgotten world, isn't it?
    At present I am playing Sir Theo Roost, who rides Ardaionn the Giant Eagle and wields the newly improved Sword of Tariel

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Improved Overrun?

btw, i plan on using this without being mounted
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post

You're just going to start randomly setting things on fire, aren't you?
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post

This entire campaign's going to become nothing but partying in a long forgotten world, isn't it?
    At present I am playing Sir Theo Roost, who rides Ardaionn the Giant Eagle and wields the newly improved Sword of Tariel

3. - Top - End - #3

Dude, edit button. Learn it, love it.

That said, a search on Crystal Keep lists the following feats as having Improved Overrun as a prereq:

Raging Overrun (extra +4 while raging)

and.... that's it. So yeah, doesn't look like it's expanded upon much.
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

If you want to stay in touch, reach out to me on twitter (same username).

The best answer is always to ask your DM.
    Unless you're the DM, in which case you should talk to your players.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

You can't combine charging with overrun (not sure if you meant that, but your post was a little unclear for me).

I personally don't have a very good impression of overrun, finding it too specialized and limited in its use. Maybe in the infrequent scenario where you want to run right past a mook to strike at the BBEG behind, but you are better off relying on teleportation effects for that.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Banned

Talk to your DM, try to get him to make it you so you can run over multiple opponents in a charge (maybe with each counting as two squares or something). That's what I do with it as a DM, so its at least useful.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gallagher View Post
    i am planning on taking improved overrun at my next level. i was wondering, before i make this final, are there ways to exploit this feat to make it better later on through other feats? for instance, someone who takes improved sunder can later take combat brute.

i plan on using this feat as a way to make charging more fun. one thing that i find gets in the way of charging at the guy who you want to be hitting is by putting mooks in the way.
    I'm not sure Overrun is compatible with a charge. Even with Improved Overrun, doesn't it take a standard action to knock an opponent prone? It says you can continue your movement after that, but at that point, I don't think you can continue charging.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

I think there's a tactical feat in the Complete Warrior that improves upon the overrun action, but if I remember correctly it's for mounted characters.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune