Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Pathfinder Detect Evil Questions

I have a few questions about the Pathfinder version of detect evil that I hope one of you can answer.

My first question is related to its concentration check-based duration. Do you make the concentration check each round? If so, what is the DC for a non-stressed situation and what kind of action is it to maintain concentration?

Secondly, once the spell is cast, what is the action used to determine the presence or absence of evil?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Pathfinder Detect Evil Questions

Concentration duration, just like in 3.5, means that you must focus on maintaining the spell. You need only make a check if something interrupts you, at which point specific DCs come into play. Unlike 3.5, it's not a separate skill (if you have caster levels you can concentrate), but all the information on DCs ishere.

No additional action is required while concentrating on maintaining detect evil: You automatically detect it in the areas you're aware of for the duration of the spell.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Pathfinder Detect Evil Questions

Concentration is a standard action. It doesn't have a DC unless you're being attacked, in which case see casting and concentration rules. You learn the information automatically as part of maintaining the spell for up to three rounds.