New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Banned

Default Turn Resistance Boosts

Had a request on my monster advancement thread for an undead build that is almost wholly turn resistance. Realized as I was thinking it over I can think of a dozen ways to boost turning, but even after research I can find very little that actual undead may take.

Anyone know of any special combinations to ramp up that resistance to turning?

If not I may just need to make a homebrew to fill in this deplorable gap.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Banned

Default Re: Turn Resistance Boosts

Isn't there a feat (Superior Undead Resistance, or somesuch) that makes you flat-out immune to turning?

Also, life ward, from the Spell Compendium, blocks positive energy effects, I believe.
    Last edited by Lycanthromancer; 2010-04-21 at 09:50 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthromancer View Post
    Isn't there a feat (Superior Undead Resistance, or somesuch) that makes you flat-out immune to turning?
    If there is I haven't found it and I've scrolled through pretty much every 3.5 feat.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

There's the Improved Turn Resistance feat. (I assume you've seen it, VT, since you say you've browsed through all those feats, but someone else might not.) Can't be taken more than once by RAW, but if that is waived...

Have the creator of the undead have the Bolster Resistance feat.

Have the undead be controlled by someone with the Necromantic Presence feat.

And the plain Cloak of Turn Resistance.

This is all in Libris Mortis, each grants a +4 bonus. Only the first and last actually helps an undead operating on it own, but at least they're something.

EDIT: The Lifebond feat in LM too. Make the undead keep its pet hamster in its pocket.
    Last edited by Ernir; 2010-04-21 at 10:26 AM.
    Halfling healer avatar by Akrim.elf.

My sarcasm is never blue.

Personal stuff: The Diablo 2 game (DMing), BBCode syntax highlighter for KDE
    CharOp: Lists of Necessary Magic Items
    Homebrew: My proudest achievement, a translation of vancian spellcasting to psionic mechanics. Other brew can be found in my Homebrewer's Extended Signature.

5. - Top - End - #5

There are actually very few methods to be immune to turning/rebuking (meaning you can't be destroyed or commanded). My last count was three. I have them if you want them, but there is no such feat. None of them are optimal.

Outside of being undead, I know of no way to be immune to turning. Warforged beware :)