New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Wallrunners (4e)

Okay. So in the adventurer's vault, there's a feet-slot magic item called Wallrunners, that let you walk on walls and ceilings, so long as you end your move on the ground.

It's a level 4 magic item. My question is, is there an 'improved' version of this anywhere?

There's epic-level magic boots that let you fly forever, teleport at-will, and all other sort of nonsense, but why can't I tell gravity to shut up and sit down?
    Currently DMing: Final Fantasy RPG 3e, Pokémon Tabletop United

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Post Re: Wallrunners (4e)

Wallwalkers are a level 10 item, not level 4, and by RAW only allow you to move on walls (ceilings are not mentioned in the item description). AV p. 131, for those who care.

Boots of Teleportation do some of what you want, giving you an at-will teleport with distance equal to your speed. You just have to deal with that pesky falling damage each turn you end in the air. But that's a level 28 item. Asking for hovering in place instead of falling... well, exactly which variety of cheese would you like with your shiny new boots, Sir?
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Squish View Post
    Appropriately masculine beards are like masterwork tools, but they work for every check EVER.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Wallrunners (4e)

Oh, critical derp. I somehow got the entries for Wallwalkers and Wildrunners mixed up. You're right, they're level 10.

And I don't care much about cheesiness. Mostly, the idea of a character that can just walk wherever, or even just bob around upside down, amuses me to no end.
    Currently DMing: Final Fantasy RPG 3e, Pokémon Tabletop United

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Wallrunners (4e)

Airstriders are probably as close as you're going to get... you'll still fall, but at least you won't take damage from doing so.
    Melusine-esque Avatar made by the awesome Akrim.elf!
    Genderbender Week Yuan-ti Avatar by Bisected8.

Xe/xyr are my favourite pronouns, so feel free to refer to me as such instead of she/her.