Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Ancient Warriors [3.5 feat, PEACH]

Ancient Warrior [Fighter]
    Where some wither with age, you are like a fine wine, improving with the years.
    Prerequisites: Middle-Aged or older, Fighter level 4
    Benefits: Select Strength, Dexterity or Constitution. You no longer take aging penalties to this ability score. Instead, you gain a bonus to this ability score equal to half the aging penalty that you would take to it without this feat.
    Special: When you select this feat, choose Intelligence, Wisdom or Charisma. You no longer gain a bonus to this ability score from aging.
    Last edited by Fortuna; 2010-04-26 at 11:56 PM.
    If I creep into your house in the dead of night and strangle you while you sleep, you probably messed up your grammar.

I'm always extremely careful to hedge myself against absolute statements.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Banned

Default Re: Ancient Warriors [3.5 feat, PEACH]

Can this feat be taken multiple times for multiple abilities?
    Last edited by Milskidasith; 2010-04-27 at 12:05 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Random_person View Post
    Ancient Warrior [Fighter]
    Where some wither with age, you are like a fine wine, improving with the years.
    Prerequisites: Middle-Aged or older, Fighter level 4
    Benefits: Select Strength, Dexterity or Constitution. You no longer take aging penalties to this ability score. Instead, you gain a bonus to this ability score equal to half the aging penalty that you would take to it without this feat.
    Special: When you select this feat, choose Intelligence, Wisdom or Charisma. You no longer gain a bonus to this ability score from aging.
    Heck yes. I just posted about this.
    Base Class Contest XXXXVII - Time is on Our Side (Yes it is)
    Chat Thread
    Contest Closes May 24th

Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Milskidasith View Post
    Can this feat be taken multiple times for multiple abilities?

No. If you think it needs it, I could put that in, but the assumption is it can't be.
    If I creep into your house in the dead of night and strangle you while you sleep, you probably messed up your grammar.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground

No. If you think it needs it, I could put that in, but the assumption is it can't be.
    Darn. That would be sweet to have a really old guy with higher Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution than he had when he was young.

Oh well. If I use this in a game, I'm allowing multiple takings.

Although, I might make it a generic feat instead of a fighter feat if I use it.
    Last edited by Temotei; 2010-04-27 at 12:20 AM.
    Base Class Contest XXXXVII - Time is on Our Side (Yes it is)
    Chat Thread
    Contest Closes May 24th

Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

How about an upgrade, then?

Sempitern Champion [Fighter]
    Every blow you strike, every movement you make, has the force and cunning of ages behind it. Truly, there is no sight more fearsome than ancient courage overwhelming newfound valour.
    Prerequisites: Ancient Warrior, Old age or older, Fighter level 10th
    Benefits: The physical ability score that you chose when you took the Ancient Warrior feat now receives double its previous aging bonus. Your other physical ability scores take only half the normal aging penalty. Finally, you no longer die of old age.
    Special: You no longer gain aging bonuses to Intelligence, Wisdom or Charisma.

Now, I realize that it steps on the toes of an epic feat, but that feat sucked. The not dieing of old age is really just a fluff thing. The only thing that worries me is that there may not be enough of a drawback involved in these feats anymore: in total, you start with three -6 scores and three +3 scores and spend two feats to go to a +6 score and two +3 scores, all of which are useful to you.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

I love this

How about an upgrade, then?

Sempitern Champion [Fighter]
    Every blow you strike, every movement you make, has the force and cunning of ages behind it. Truly, there is no sight more fearsome than ancient courage overwhelming newfound valour.
    Prerequisites: Ancient Warrior, Old age or older, Fighter level 10th
    Benefits: The physical ability score that you chose when you took the Ancient Warrior feat now receives double its previous aging bonus. Your other physical ability scores take only half the normal aging penalty. Finally, you no longer die of old age.
    Special: You no longer gain aging bonuses to Intelligence, Wisdom or Charisma.

Now, I realize that it steps on the toes of an epic feat, but that feat sucked. The not dieing of old age is really just a fluff thing. The only thing that worries me is that there may not be enough of a drawback involved in these feats anymore: in total, you start with three -6 scores and three +3 scores and spend two feats to go to a +6 score and two +3 scores, all of which are useful to you.
    The upgrade looks good too. I wouldn't worry about the epic feat; they're a terrible baseline to use. As to the upgraded feat itself, I don't think there's any problem with them, and I sure know I'd debate trading aging bonuses to mental stats for effective immortality.