New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Questions about the Dracolexi...

I have some questions about the Dracolexi's Draconic Words (Races of the Dragon, page 80).

1. If I have Prolong, do I get Extend Spell applied to all my spells for free? The rules state that each person can only be affected by a Word once per day, but it says nothing about applying Words to spells.

2. Similarly, if I have Burn, does this mean that all of my Fire spells are now Widened or Empowered for free?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Banned

Default Re: Questions about the Dracolexi...

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Silver View Post
    1. If I have Prolong, do I get Extend Spell applied to all my spells for free? The rules state that each person can only be affected by a Word once per day, but it says nothing about applying Words to spells.
    To get the Extend, you have to speak the word during the casting of a spell - therefore, only that particular spell will be extended. Applying the word to yourself gives you the healing. You can only get one of the above effects - note the word "instead" in the ability description.

2. Similarly, if I have Burn, does this mean that all of my Fire spells are now Widened or Empowered for free?
    Again no, this will only apply to the spell being cast. So you can speak the word while casting a fireball to Widen or Empower it, but any further fireballs you cast will be normal.
    Last edited by Optimystik; 2010-04-29 at 02:53 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Questions about the Dracolexi...

The way I interpret it, every individual spell cast counts as a "creature." The word "instead" is in there because you can't heal a spell.

Since every spell counts as a "creature," by my interpretation, yes. But keep in mind that you are restricted to one word/round