New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Does nobody like Tome of Magic?(3.5)

So I'll admit: I'm frustrated just a tad. I've sampled a couple char generators by now--one's that are the best from what I understand. I tried heroforge and have now tried etools: neither of which seem to have ToM support--no Binders, or Anima Mages. Just nothin'. Seeing as I'm running an anima mage right now, it's quite the let down.

So, am I missing something? Anybody know of a program/program add on so I can stat out characters that use classes I use?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancalagon View Post
    Wow. You must be at least... 5000 years old. Probably even more! ;)

Do you like reading? Then check out my personal site dedicated to my fiction writing! The more interest/comments I get, the more writings I'll put on there! Thanks
    https://sites.google.com/site/writingsofanauthor/

Did you participate in my psyc research? PM me any questions you have and I'll try to answer them!
    Results

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Does nobody like Tome of Magic?(3.5)

Hm.... Can't say I've seen anyone support ToM classes either.
    Last edited by Prodan; 2010-04-29 at 07:31 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

*shrugs* I don't get it. I mean, Binders have nice flavor and I think the Anima Mage itself is pretty sweet also. Nice flavor and a some decent dual-progression.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancalagon View Post
    Wow. You must be at least... 5000 years old. Probably even more! ;)

Do you like reading? Then check out my personal site dedicated to my fiction writing! The more interest/comments I get, the more writings I'll put on there! Thanks
    https://sites.google.com/site/writingsofanauthor/

Did you participate in my psyc research? PM me any questions you have and I'll try to answer them!
    Results

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

Binders are really hard to set up that way, and Shadowcasters and Truenamers are pretty unpopular. Plus, ToM isn't one of the major books. I think you're out of luck.

Zeal's Tier System for PrC's
    Zeal's Expanded Alignment System
    Zeal's "Creative" Build Requests
    Bubs the Commoner
    Zeal's "Minimum-Intervention" balance fix
    Feat Point System fix (in progress)

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JadePhoenix View Post
    sonofzeal, you're like a megazord of awesome and win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    SonOfZeal, it is a great joy to see that your Kung-Fu remains undiminished in this, the twilight of an age. May the Great Wheel be kind to you, planeswalker.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Colossus in the Playground

This is why I stat up everything manually anyways; it's hard to find support for the Late 3.5 Sources. But Binders are well-liked and are even expanded with new Vestiges in various releases (Dragon Magic, few online articles, etc.), so you'd think someone would've added them to their Char Gen. That said...yeah, do it manually and you're fine.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

A lot of people here like the systems in the TOM. But they aren’t as powerful as the core spellcasting classes and I think a lot of other people get hung up on that.

honestly, I think the TOM classes are about as powerful as the core spellcasters ought to be.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Banned

As others have said, Binders are a bit complicated to toss into a char builder. Shadowcasters are somewhat weak, and complicated as well. Truenamers... yeah.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheThan View Post
    honestly, I think the TOM classes are about as powerful as the core spellcasters ought to be.
    Binders? Sure.

Shadowcasters? Maybe.

Truenamers? WTF?!?

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Look around Homebrew; folks there love ToM. Heck, even truenaming got enough hugs and kisses to get a makeover or two. As for why it's not on any character gen, I can only guess that folks aren't up for statting programming three new systems of magic from one book. Might also be an age thing; ToM came out relatively late.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft