New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Banned

Default If you could be any non-human D&D monster, what would you be? (3.5/PF)

...and why?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: If you could be any non-human D&D monster, what would you be? (3.5/PF)

What constitutes a "monster"? Any creature or only non-player creatures?
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: If you could be any non-human D&D monster, what would you be? (3.5/PF)

Corpsecrafted Spellstitched Necropolitan. I used to be human, but now I live forever, have strength and nimbleness that I never possessed while still a living breathing meatbag, and, oh, best of all, shoot frickin' laser beams out of my eyes. (SLAs have no components, so I figure this is absolutely within the realms of RAI.)

... what?
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put tomato in fruit salad. Charisma is convincing someone it's a good idea anyways.

I am a 12/13/13/17/15/17 True Neutral Sorcerer2.

Tainted Bonds, a newly-created Touhou x D&D 3.5 CYOA. Just read these before posting anywhere. Talk about it here.

Awesome remastered ballista avatar by Savannah!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

{Scrubbed}
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2010-05-03 at 10:29 AM.
    Me: I'd get the paladin to help, but we might end up with a kid that believes in fairy tales.
    DM: aye, and it's not like she's been saved by a mysterious little girl and a band of real live puppets from a bad man and worse step-sister to go live with the faries in the happy land.
    Me: Yeah, a knight in shining armour might just bring her over the edge.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Half-Celestial Gold Dragon. I don't think this needs explaining.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

For power?

The Evolved Undead Ghost of a Great Wyrm Gold Dragon (would go with Prismatic, but I'd prefer to be able to blend when I want to).

Immortality? Check. Difficult to temporarily kill? Check. Able to take down small nations? Check. Able to live as a human if desired? Check.

What's not to like?
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

Being an illithid has great drama potential.

All the other kids laugh at me and ridicule me for my horrific appearance but I keep being nice to them until by the end of the movie, I win their trust and they all learn a valuable lesson about not judging others on appearances.

...And then I eat all of their brains.
    It's like an old steam train, but powered on insanity and pain.

Uncle Fong avatar by Elagune

My Homebrewed Creatures:

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Warforged greater deity. Then I would go around performing miracles just so people go "Wait did that robot just walk on water?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by druid91 View Post
    Warforged greater deity. Then I would go around performing miracles just so people go "Wait did that robot just walk on water?"
    And you have a legion of fanatical robots to do your bidding, and Lord of Blades isn't a bad title either.

10. - Top - End - #10

For all the benefits of being an Uber fiend (immortality/DR/spell resistance/respawning) without actually having to live in the lower planes.
    Combine the powers of a doppleganger with a high level sorcerer and evil cleric which you don't have to actually work for and you got the Ak'chazar Rakshasa.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Firbolg in the Playground

Definitely some kind of templated monstrosity.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Colossus in the Playground

I guess, considering all creatures, Half-Silver Dragon Planetar would be pretty awesome. Half-Silver Dragon Ghaele Eladrin would be real nice too. Alternatively, obviously Half-Celestial Silver Dragon but yeah.

Either way, mixing the noblest of Dragons with the most graceful and beautiful Celestials results in a rather incredible being.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

13. - Top - End - #13

I would be Asmodeus. That guy is just amazing.

If we have to be generic, then I would be a kobold, so I could become Pun-Pun.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Banned

Yuan-ti half-blood.

I like snakes.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Gold Dragon. Definitely. I really need nothing else. Live for thousands of years as one of the most potent creatures in the universe, able to change my form and cast the spells that make the people fall down? Yes please.

-X
    Chris Bennett
    Author and Lead Developer of Path of War
    Freelancer

My credits:
    Path of War and Path of War Expanded: An OGL Tome of Battle for the Pathfinder game system, for Dreamscarred Press.
    Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warrior and Psionics Augmented: Soulknife for Dreamscarred Press.

My extended homebrew signature!

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by volthawk View Post
    Definitely some kind of templated monstrosity.
    You mean like this?
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by druid91 View Post
    Gods get counted as monsters?

I would like to change my answer.

Half-Celestial Great Wyrm Gold Dragon Greater Diety of Life and Death.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

Ulitharid alhoon. Think dire illithid lich. Immortal, manifests as a 12th level psion (dominate, anybody?) and major style points.
    Well, that's if we're being reasonable. If I could be any D&D monster, definitely a templated monstrosity- Jack_Smith's got it pretty much down, but you could certainly throw on the paragon template there. Plus maybe another few dozen CR worth.
    Oh, and also make that an advanced dragon, with enough feats so that I can buy every spell in the game on my sorceror spell list.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

19. - Top - End - #19

Goblin

Xvart.

Obviously

20. - Top - End - #20

Astral deva (or some templated version of it) is tempting.

21. - Top - End - #21

Yeah let's ban any unique outsiders (gods/feind lords) otherwise this gets just too easy.

22. - Top - End - #22

Here was a monstrosity I was going to play using the Races of War method (ECL=CR+1)

Voidmind Stony Lolth-Touched Chimeric Horrid Multi-Headed Dire Wolf

23. - Top - End - #23

Pandorym, for all of you who want to be deities, I`ll kill you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Or if it is not allowed, a generic god killer monstrosity.
    Or a monster me and my friends created. A 30 headed 300 million year old shadow dragon dracolitch that gives 30000 negative levels with each breath weapon.
    Or mabye a paragon tarrasque with other templates. (Lol, it is a genius)
    Last edited by demidracolich; 2010-05-02 at 09:05 PM.
    Really really really awesome avatar thanks to neoseph7

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Geiger Counter View Post
    Yeah let's ban any unique outsiders (gods/feind lords) otherwise this gets just too easy.
    Well in that case mind-flayer, then I would gain power slay my elder brain establish control over my fellows and establish the emerald legion. then I would sally forth from the underground and crush all who oppose me.

Starting to question Removing gods now aren't you.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Halfling in the Playground

MonkGuy

Kobold or Illithid
    Kobolds are awesome, and ego erraticating to lose to.
    SQUIDFACE!

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

succubus

and played like nightcrawler on xtc
    "Quick Draw. It grants the ability to turn any boring non-combat scenario into combat as a FREE ACTION."-Deleted User

Handy links:

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

More info. Is this in the real world or in a generic D&D world? Would I be the only one? My answer would definitely be different depending on the situation.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Pixie in the Playground

Beholder

Half-Dragon Centaur

Half man, half horse, half dragon.

29. - Top - End - #29

NecromancerGuy

Half-Fey Copper Dragon.

EDIT: Why? Because it's a DRAGON. It also gets phenomenal social skills.
    Last edited by Amphetryon; 2010-05-03 at 04:46 AM.
    Iron Chef in the Playground veteran since Round IV. Play as me!

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Halfling in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Flind, i get to be a badass hyena person who uses nunchucks to beat people senseless