New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Let's Play Touhoumon - Gotta Graze 'Em All!

No love for Yuuka ;_;?

Yuuka and Wriggle must be in one team at least once in this game. If only cirno's also in there, my top three favourite characters would be together.
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

2. - Top - End - #332
    Banned

I'd have voted for her if not for Yuyuko and Youmu.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Troll in the Playground

Youmu, and nickname her either "Dana" or "Zuul", preferably a combination of the two, like "Dana-Zuul", or "Dana/Zuul".

4. - Top - End - #334

But there is no Dana.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Pixie in the Playground

Voting for Yuyuko because fans, and her description seemed interesting.
    I love Youmu (a lot), but I believe we should try something new every now and then.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Bugbear in the Playground

Would it change anything if I said that this is one of Yuyuko's potential final forms?

Spoiler
    Show

Advent Yuyuko. Guess which character from FF VII she's suppose to represent...

No, I'm not trying to sway the vote in the slightest. Youmu's a fine character too, Shadowball and Petal Storm offer amazing type coverage for a sweeper.

Anyway, as I was saying earlier, you guys can also vote on where to go next: Fuchsia or Saffron City. Details were in my previous update.
    Check out my Let's Plays: Sengoku Gensokyo (Complete!), Touhoumon (Complete!), and Labyrinth of Touhou
    Jade Curtiss avatar by Teutonic Knight

7. - Top - End - #337
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post

Spoiler
    Show

Advent Yuyuko. Guess which character from FF VII she's suppose to represent...
    At a guess?

Barret.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

8. - Top - End - #338
    Orc in the Playground

I vote Youmu. For nickname, I suggest M.Miyazaki, due to her tendency to jump to conclusions and dismember people with a katana.

And I'm just as glad to see VIVIT on a later list, when she doesn't have to compete with several fan favorites.
    Patchouli Knowledge avatar courtesy of the skillful Prime32.

"Everyone feels benevolent if nothing happens to be annoying him at the moment."
    --C. S. Lewis

"The first person to prove that cow's milk is drinkable was very, very thirsty."

9. - Top - End - #339
    Banned

Since i am not actually fond of the character whose role she takes it wouldn't make me change my vote to her even if i had voted for someone else first. I stick to my vote for Yuyuko though and propose we name her Y. Takara after Miyuki's mom.
    Last edited by Terraoblivion; 2010-06-02 at 03:25 PM.

10. - Top - End - #340

I'm gonna vote Youmu and let's go to Fuchsia.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kamikasei View Post
    But there is no Dana.
    Well, I was voted "Most Foolish Mortal" and "Most Likely to Inform When Questioned That He Is Not, In Fact, A God" by my high-school class, so maybe that can explain my mistake.

My vote remains unchanged, and in fact may be slightly reinforced. Youmu with a "Zuul" nickname.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ogre in the Playground

For choosing where to go, I say go to Saffron so that Mary can master spark the incident. We don't want to risk those pins causing problems in Fuchsia.

13. - Top - End - #343

Since yuuka will be outvoted baring a miracle (like if the youkai moe kill everyone that vote against her), I guess I must vote for Zuul. Not youmu mind you. Zuul.
    Last edited by Fri; 2010-06-03 at 12:00 AM.
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

14. - Top - End - #344

Due to very few replies regarding where to go next, I just went ahead and reached Fuchsia City, mostly because the Safari Zone is awesome. Thing is, the Safari Zone in this game has TOO MANY characters to choose from. Nearly every single PC-98 character and everyone from UFO can be found there. So, I'm still working out how exactly to do this.

I'm thinking maybe we should hold two separate votes. The first vote will be just between the UFO characters (and Rin Satsuki, lol). Then, at a later time, we'll hold a vote among all the PC-98 characters (It's a large group, but realistically, I'm only expecting Mima, Shinki, or maybe Yumemi to stand a chance of winning. Prove me wrong!). What do you guys think about this plan?

(Oh, and as a head's up, I went and got Youmu. Her nickname is Miyazaki, because with a Naive nature, I just couldn't resist. Only Rash would have been funnier.)
    Check out my Let's Plays: Sengoku Gensokyo (Complete!), Touhoumon (Complete!), and Labyrinth of Touhou

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ogre in the Playground

So many PC-98 characters. I assume Reimu, Marisa, Alice, Genji, and Yuka are exempt from the vote. Same with Nazrin regarding the UFO characters.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Banned

Admittedly, I do not know a lot about PC-98 characters. So let's go with... Rika. Because seriously. Tank.

For UFO characters, I have an important question - Ichirin, or Ichirin+Brofist?

EDIT: KOGASA!
    Last edited by Cubey; 2010-06-04 at 12:24 PM.

17. - Top - End - #347

Let's Play Touhoumon - Chapter 5-2

Spoiler
    Show
    Bidding Mr. Fuji farewell, I ventured once more into Graze Tower, to see if the situation had improved. It hadn't. The mikos were still zombies, and even my attempts to remove their red pins were thwarted, as they stubbornly refused to part with them. Seeing that there was little else for me to do, I let them be for now.

Instead, I turned my attention to the many new species of Ghost Touhoumon that lurked in the tower. Renko showed off her new Youmu earlier, and I figured what's good enough for her is good enough for me as well (hey, I also had Aya and Patchy, didn't I?).

To round out my Ayanote, I recorded the remaining ghosts as well. You know, for a group of undead spirits haunting a graveyard, they sure are cute. Really, really cute. But I guess that's just par for course with this world.

A swift training session later, and Miyazaki was caught up with the rest of my team. She seems remarkably eager to slay the forces of evil, so why wait? On with our adventure!

To the west of Celadon City lay yet another giant sleeping turtle. I suppose now would be as good a time as any to try out the gift Mr. Fuji left me with.

You know, if people had seen me attack a large sleeping turtle back in the real world, I'd probably be arrested for poaching an endangered species or something. And this thing is definitely endangered, because there's only like two in the whole world, or so I've been told. But then I remember that this is really no worse than capturing cute little girls and making them battle each other, so I ought to just shut up and roll with it for now.

The turtle showed some stunning tenacity, constantly resting to recover back its health. It was even prepared to wake itself up with a held item! After a long and grueling battle, I was forced to break out the more expensive Touhou Orbs to capture it.

This thing was totally not worth it. It's not even a cute little girl!

Inside the guardtower that loomed just beyond where the sleeping turtle lay, I had a chance to run into another one of Professor Oak's aides. This would be the first one to have actually given me something practical and useful: an ante chip for demanding higher stakes and payouts when betting on Touhoumon battles. See? Gambling totally pays off in this world when you're good. Just make sure the house doesn't control the slots, and you can watch the dough roll right in.

Lo and behold! A great opportunity to try out this trinket!

I exited the guardtower onto Cycling Road, which was crawling with rude gangsters on bikes. Not a single normal cyclist in sight, I was but a poor defenseless girl surrounded by gangs of hulking brutes demanding tribute.

Wait, did I say "defenseless"? Ooh, my bad.

I must say, this vacation is doing wonders for my self-confidence. Miyazaki wasted no time as she cut down anyone standing in her way. I wonder where she gets it from?

It's amazing how safe I felt as I ran the gauntlet of nasty bikers. Truly, this world has been kind to me. I'll repay the favor by taking the lunch money from these ruffians. That's considered a good deed, right?

I realize that lately I've been spending less and less time discussing the specifics of these generic battles, and more and more time waxing philosophic on whatever happens to cross my mind. I suppose it's because battles are becoming second nature to me now, and already I'm acting as though these amateurs are not worth my words. Justified arrogance or not?

You'd think they'd have learned their lesson from watching their friends kneel and grovel before me, but I suppose their IQ isn't quite high enough to make the connection. Instead, they just reveled in their obesity as they charged one after another into the gaping maw that is my Touhoumon team.

But really now, all credit should go to my worthy partners, who have displayed such immense strength and ability. They are the great equalizers of this world.

Although, if Touhoumon really are the heart and soul of conflict resolution in this world, then such a power can be easily abused, can it not? I guess Team Rocket is already an example, but even these trainers wishing to pick a fight with me might be in a similar boat. (Hey, they challenged me, not the other way around!)

Maybe I can do more during my trip. Maybe I can make a difference in this world, by taking a stand against the abuse and misuse of these wonderful creatures. Maybe I ought to make that a greater priority.

Or maybe I'm just a delusional idealist who doesn't know a thing about this world and is destined to crash and burn. Curse you, Philosophy 131A. Will I never escape your dark shadow?

At last I made it to the bottom of Cycling Road, and managed to venture forth to Fuchsia City. Prior to arriving, though, I stopped by in a grassy patch to chat with the locals.

Unfortunately, it seems the locals are certified cloudcuckoolanders, so that was rather a waste of time. If I wanted to see people shout gibberish at me, I might as well just head back to the university.

But Fuchsia City itself was great! Never before have I seen so many species of Touhoumon all found in a single place. A few could be seen around town...

...but most lived in the Safari Zone. I suppose one can question the ethical nature of such a place, but the wardens assure me that this is akin to a reservation, except it allows a controlled form of adoption (careful not to use the word "poaching"). It's no worse than the wild regarding random people coming to beat them up and capture them, that's for sure.

And what amazing variety was available! I spent what felt like hours here, yet I'm sure I still haven't yet seen all that this place has to offer. More trips are probably in order.

While I'm impressed with the place, I got to say: I'm not pleased with the competency of the staff here. Littering runs rampant, as I found all sorts of junk just lying around on the ground. The nerve of some people! It's like the park wardens aren't even trying! Posting a sign asking for a lost object, when the object in question was lying two feet away in plain sight? Looks like the warden is missing his glasses as well as his teeth.

I wonder how much I could sell these for?

And then there was the promotional giveaway being offered at the secret house...

Are we really to believe that no one has ever found this place before? It's like as if this park were a monument to incompetency. It's now my working theory that the entire population of Fuchsia is born with poor eyesight.

Thankfully, I happen to have a pair of perfectly functioning eyes. Which means I can take in the full glory of the variety of Touhoumon present in the Safari Zone.

With so many choices, it's obviously quite hard to decide. Although, I have no idea who most of these girls are. I think they were before my time.

Out of time already? Oh, poo. Looks like this place will be getting plenty of my money as I make more trips here in the foreseeable future.

Aye, lots of choices here. Let's just start simple by dividing up the new characters between PC-98 and Windows. We'll begin with the Windows characters (I could say UFO characters, but I'm gonna cram Rin Satsuki here lol).

A. Kogasa Tatara (Ghost/Flying, tank)
    B. Ichirin Kumoi and Unzan (Normal/Fighting, mixed sweeper)
    C. Murasa Minamitsu (Ghost/Water, special sweeper)
    D. Shou Toramaru (Electric/Ground, physical or mixed sweeper)
    E. Byakuren Hijiri (Psychic/Fighting, physical, special, or mixed sweeper)
    F. Nue Houjou (Dark/Flying, annoyer, of course)
    G. Rin Satsuki (Grass/Flying, special sweeper)

Voting for the PC-98 characters will probably come next chapter, after I deal with Koga.

(For those of you playing along at home, you may have trouble finding Kogasa and Murasa, because both are missing from Aqua's list of Touhoumon locations. Murasa can be fished up in Area 1, Kogasa likewise is fished up in Area 2.)

(Yes, I'm still missing a few pictures because I haven't yet encountered everything in the Safari Zone. I think I'm missing Elly and Yuki. I'm not sure if Rika is even found here, though...I think she might be in Altering Cave)
    Last edited by Mirrinus; 2010-06-04 at 02:06 PM.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Banned

Well, you already know my answer.

And here's some additional motivation to back up my vote. Warning, extremely HNNNGH-inducing (banners on the site are probably NSFW).

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ogre in the Playground

Who do I vote for? Dummied out code or one of the UFO crew? I say Kogasa because she would be a pleasant surprise. On a side note, you're also missing Chiyuri.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Orc in the Playground

Allow me to join the Kogasa cheer squad. She should be named "Poppins". Spit spot!

(Incidentally, if that does happen, I will expect a screenshot of a doubles fight with Marisa and her. "Go, Magic Mary Poppins!")
    Patchouli Knowledge avatar courtesy of the skillful Prime32.

"Everyone feels benevolent if nothing happens to be annoying him at the moment."
    --C. S. Lewis

"The first person to prove that cow's milk is drinkable was very, very thirsty."

21. - Top - End - #351

Kogasa, Kogasa.
    Last edited by memnarch; 2010-06-04 at 05:37 PM.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

22. - Top - End - #352

Quote Originally Posted by Cubey View Post
    And here's some additional motivation to back up my vote.
    Well, I knew what that was going to be. And I was right.

I agree.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Ogre in the Playground

Also, Kogasa.
    I write a gaming blog. It also hosts my gaming downloads:

Fatescape - FATE-based D&D emulator, for when you want D&D flavour but not D&D complexity.
    Exalted Mass Combat Rules - Because the ones in the core book suck.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kamikasei View Post
    I've read the whole comic. Now I have diabetes. Thanks.

25. - Top - End - #355

I aim to disrupt metabolisms please.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Banned

This one is actually hard. Not torment inducing like Meiling/Cirno/Suika but still hard. Speaking of which, is it just me or do some of your Touhoumon get more screentime than others?

It does seem like Kogasa's victory is a done deal, so let us get some variety in here with a vote for Byakuren. Even Youkai Jesus wants your love!

27. - Top - End - #357

Quote Originally Posted by Terraoblivion View Post
    This one is actually hard. Not torment inducing like Meiling/Cirno/Suika but still hard. Speaking of which, is it just me or do some of your Touhoumon get more screentime than others?
    Believe it or not, I have actually been EV training this whole time. Which ones get more screentime depends on which EVs are provided by the opponent. Until I finish their EV training, at which point their use will even out more.

I'll still let you guys vote on who to use for major things like gym leaders and stuff.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Pixie in the Playground

Voting Murasa because:
    1. CAPTAIN MURASA
    2. DUUH NUH NUHNUH
    DUUUUH NUH NUHNUH
    DUUUUH NUH NUHNUH
    DUNUNUH NUH NUHNUH
    3. ANCHORS EVERYWHERE

Although yeah, that's quite a cruel decision. Damn Aquamentis, why did you put all those awesome characters at the same place? Now we have to choose only one of them in this LP!

29. - Top - End - #359
    Troll in the Playground

Well, I have to vote Byakuren, because, you know, second favorite character ever and all. Plus Kogasa's really the least interesting character in UFO (still nice, mind, because being the lesser of the cool is still cool, but she's just several leagues behind the awesome that is Byaku, or the cuteness that is Shou). I know I'm voting a lost cause, but still, some things need to be said .
    Last edited by Drascin; 2010-06-05 at 02:27 AM.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Titan in the Playground

I'm split between Kogasa and Byakuren, and since the former already has enough support, I'll vote for Byakuren. Namusan! It gives you BYAKURENERGY!

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show