Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Let's Play Touhoumon - Gotta Graze 'Em All!

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    You know what this needs? Pictures of the characters to be voted on. Let them present themselves!
    There's fan art of the characters on the Touhou Character sheet on TV Tropes. Or do you mean the character sprites?

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin89 View Post
    There's fan art of the characters on the Touhou Character sheet on TV Tropes. Or do you mean the character sprites?
    The actual sprites as presented by the game. I presume you already have caught them all in a previous game?
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

3. - Top - End - #393
    Bugbear in the Playground

The actual sprites as presented by the game. I presume you already have caught them all in a previous game?
    Who would you like to see? And at which stage of evolution? (I'm assuming the last one?)
    Check out my Let's Plays: Sengoku Gensokyo (Complete!), Touhoumon (Complete!), and Labyrinth of Touhou
    Jade Curtiss avatar by Teutonic Knight

4. - Top - End - #394
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
    Who would you like to see? And at which stage of evolution? (I'm assuming the last one?)
    Last stages please. Then I can go by something other than a die roll.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

5. - Top - End - #395

Quote Originally Posted by memnarch View Post
    Last stages please. Then I can go by something other than a die roll.
    I haven't caught them all, but I've seen most of them on my other file. The few I didn't, I ended up catching.

Spoiler
    Show

Note: Shinki doesn't have an EX form. Her stage 2 evolution is comparable in strength to other characters' EX forms.

Hope that helps.
    Check out my Let's Plays: Sengoku Gensokyo (Complete!), Touhoumon (Complete!), and Labyrinth of Touhou

6. - Top - End - #396
    Orc in the Playground

Huh. I kinda understand Shinki not having an EX form. If she did she'd probably be massively overpowered. :V

Also, I'm tempted to swap out one (or a few) characters on my current team with one (or a few) of the PC-98 characters- preferably Mima, Elly and Shinki. :3
    Fluttershy in the Playground. I'm okay with this.

Oh yeah, also: Follow me in my current Screenshot LP of Pokémon Liquid Crystal! (Now probably a lost cause, since the original thread is over six months old, if not longer!)

It's Pants, the Musical Superstar!

7. - Top - End - #397
    Firbolg in the Playground

Yup. I like Rikako best. I'll change my vote to her.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ettin in the Playground

Interesting... Sara gets my vote for this. FISTS OF FURY! o/
    Last edited by Domochevsky; 2010-06-11 at 11:26 AM.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

9. - Top - End - #399
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Knowing a lot about Pokemon and very little about Touhou, I'd say Yuki, because I like her EX form sprite.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Orc in the Playground

What bothers me somewhat is that even though it's supposed to be an all-female cast (after all, it is Touhou :V), you can still find Touhoumon that have a male insignia. I mean, I can understand if it's something that they missed during production/updates and whatnot, but that still kinda irks me nonetheless.

This is unimportant, but I had to get rid of the only Shinki that I was actually able to catch in the Safari Zone because it was male instead of female. (plus I needed the Ayanote data ) Don't ask me why I did it when I could have just raised it normally, I'm just crazy like that. :I

Oh yeah, also: Follow me in my current Screenshot LP of Pokémon Liquid Crystal! (Now probably a lost cause, since the original thread is over six months old, if not longer!)

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyFoxMan View Post
    What bothers me somewhat is that even though it's supposed to be an all-female cast (after all, it is Touhou :V), you can still find Touhoumon that have a male insignia. I mean, I can understand if it's something that they missed during production/updates and whatnot, but that still kinda irks me nonetheless.

This is unimportant, but I had to get rid of the only Shinki that I was actually able to catch in the Safari Zone because it was male instead of female. (plus I needed the Ayanote data ) Don't ask me why I did it when I could have just raised it normally, I'm just crazy like that. :I
    Want an explanation for the male insignia? Pick one:
    • Magic
    • Eirin's Shady new drug
    • Yukari's fooling around again
    • It's a Moriya Shrine conspiracy

Alternatively, it is meant to allow Touhoumon breeding without Rinnosuke.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Pixie in the Playground

Yumemi has a cape and crosses. I won't change my vote.
    Interesting... Sara gets my vote for this. FISTS OF FURY! o/
    Curious fact: Sara, just like Meiling, is a gate keeper (although not for a mansion, but to Hell, I could say). TEAM GATE KEEPER would be awesome, but I don't know if it would be very practical...

I like to imagine the male ones are futanari. I suggest not looking for what's that if you don't know already. Just a warning: it's NSFW.
    It makes things a bit more interesting... I think. well it doesn't change anything actually but at least it makes some sense

13. - Top - End - #403
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin89 View Post
    Want an explanation for the male insignia? Pick one:
    • Magic
    • Eirin's Shady new drug
    • Yukari's fooling around again
    • It's a Moriya Shrine conspiracy
    If Eirin's shady new drug has that as a side effect, methinks the Gensokyo equivalent of the FDA needs to have a talk with her.

p.s. Templates like that are forbidden.
    Patchouli Knowledge avatar courtesy of the skillful Prime32.

"Everyone feels benevolent if nothing happens to be annoying him at the moment."
    --C. S. Lewis

"The first person to prove that cow's milk is drinkable was very, very thirsty."

14. - Top - End - #404
    Orc in the Playground

Yep, it's definitely obvious.

Looks like Yukari's at it again.

15. - Top - End - #405

Pretty diverse voting going on here (more than I expected, for sure), but the initial assault was never toppled.

I stared at Orange for the longest time, struggling to figure out how to best use her. She's just a Blissey with worse stats and none of the supporting moves, I reasoned. Then I finally noticed her ability. Oh, OK, I could definitely use this.

Let's Play Touhoumon - Chapter 6-1

Spoiler
    Show
    During one of my trips to the Safari Zone, I picked up a cute little girl who reminded me a lot of China-Li.

And of course, like China-Li, I can't seem to remember her actual name. What was it again? Peach? Mango? Apricot?

Well, I sure hope that's all right. I know it was some type of fruit. Eh, I'm probably not too far off.

Anyway, according to my map, I still haven't been to the heart of the region: Saffron City. Originally, I had to take several detours due to those unreasonable guards who won't let anyone through. Why, I ought to head over there now and give them a piece of my-

Huh. That was easy. What'd that old lady put in this tea? Hard liquor? Good thing I didn't drink it, I guess.

Upon entering Saffron City, I see now why this place had to be closed off: it was crawling with math nerds!

They blockaded almost every building in town! All that was left was the Fighting Dojo. I wonder why that was left alone?

Oh well. I know when I'm being herded in a specific direction by the will of the plot, so I'll just take the bait.

Too bad it looks like I'm not welcome here. Actually, come to think of it, I wasn't really ever welcome at any of these gyms, now was I?

Let's see: if the Celadon Gym showcased the worst stereotypes the female gender had to offer, then this gym...

Right...you mysogynistic swine. Speaking of which, have you taken a good look at what gender your Touhoumon are?

Well, nothing gets me riled up like an insult directed at my gender (other than one directed at my age), so of course I'm not letting any of you muscle-brained pigs off the hook. Thankfully, it looks like my Touhoumon agree with me.

All right, big boy! Let's see how tough you are after having your butt handed back to you on a platter by this little girl!

All that was left was the leader of this pathetic dojo, and boy did he have some choice words for me!

OK, I've had just about enough with your attitude, mister! Your punishment shall be far worse than what your underlings experienced! I know just what to do with you, oh yes. It's not enough to simply beat you; I must also humiliate you like never before! And I happen to have something in my bag that I've been saving for just such an occasion.

Right now, I don't care about whether this place is Gensokyo or not. Either way, allow me to teach you firsthand about the #1 rule of Gensokyo:

If it's a cute little girl, it WILL be able to obliterate you. No exceptions.

Even without superior physical firepower, the magic of confusion hax is strong enough to overcome even the toughest of foes. True strength comes not from just muscles, but from strategy, tactics, and a little bit of luck. Take this to heart.

You lost because you underestimated your opponent. In Gensokyo, you would do well to never underestimate your challenger. Especially if she's a little girl with a silly hat or hair ornament.

What, you mean after all that, I don't even get a badge? What a ripoff! That's it, I'm not spending one more second in this mysogynistic rathole. This whole trip has been just a waste of time. Why, I bet there's absolutely nothing of value in here!

I repeat: absolutely nothing of value.

I refuse to get the Watatsuki sisters, because 1) they are total Game Breakers, and 2) I just don't like them.

Next time: more math references! Debating on whether or not to do all of Silph Company in one segment or split it into two.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Banned

You won't even pick one up to fill out the Ayanote and then never use her?

Also i have to admit that i'm quite surprised that my motion for Orange got this much success. Though actually there are several of the PC-98 characters that i have only read short descriptions of that seem to be quite fun. Like Something-Hime who is a princess and also a police officer, seemingly just because.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ogre in the Playground

They got the labeling for the Touhoumon wrong. Yorihime is the god mod sue and Toyohime is the spiteful scrappy.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Orc in the Playground

Out of curiosity, is it possible to completely fill the Ayanote in this game? All three starters are catchable in the wild, but if you pick one of these, is the other one Lost Forever?
    Patchouli Knowledge avatar courtesy of the skillful Prime32.

"Everyone feels benevolent if nothing happens to be annoying him at the moment."
    --C. S. Lewis

"The first person to prove that cow's milk is drinkable was very, very thirsty."

19. - Top - End - #409
    Banned

I am pretty sure they got it right actually.

Also...
    "Your Apple evolved into Orange!"

My mind == blown.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cubey View Post
    Also...
    "Your Apple evolved into Orange!"

My mind == blown.
    My sentiment exactly. This is just... wow.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #411
    Halfling in the Playground

This choice is pretty important, you can get one here, but to get the other one, you'll need to get to the top of trainer tower I think.

The only real difference with these two are the stat spread, I think.

Edit: I didn't notice you weren't getting them.
    Last edited by Shiva asori; 2010-06-13 at 01:52 PM.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Pixie in the Playground

But Orange has no cape! Nor crosses! She's clearly inferior!
    ...oh well.

By the way,
    I refuse to get the Watatsuki sisters, because 1) they are total Game Breakers, and 2) I just don't like them.
    Could you please explain that a bit?

23. - Top - End - #413

Quote Originally Posted by Randfeon View Post
    Could you please explain that a bit?
    Just like in Silent Sinner in Blue, the Watatsuki sisters are pretty overpowered. The only move they learn is Sketch, which they learn every 6 levels or so. Sketch lets them permanently copy any one move, so they can potentially learn almost every single move in the game. In the original Pokemon games, only Smeargle could get this move, and it was offset by the fact that Smeargle's stats were terrible (only 250). The Watatsuki sisters, on the other hand, each have a final stat total of 685, which is simply ridiculous. To give you an idea of how high that is, Mewtwo himself only has a stat total of 680. Admittedly, stat totals in Touhoumon are in general a bit better than in normal Pokemon, but the Watatsuki sisters just take it too far.

So in short, they have better stats than Mewtwo and can potentially learn nearly every move in the game. That's why they're broken.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Halfling in the Playground

The newer version makes them a bit weaker, lowering their stat spread to 620, which is still pretty dang good.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
    The Watatsuki sisters, on the other hand, each have a final stat total of 685, which is simply ridiculous. To give you an idea of how high that is, Mewtwo himself only has a stat total of 680. Admittedly, stat totals in Touhoumon are in general a bit better than in normal Pokemon, but the Watatsuki sisters just take it too far.
    The strongest Pokémon ever, Arceus, had a stat total of 720. Arceus is the creator of the universe. And yet, there's a version of Flandre with a stat total of 1000.

Um...
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-06-13 at 05:47 PM.

26. - Top - End - #416

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    The strongest Pokémon ever, Arceus, had a stat total of 720. Arceus is the creator of the universe. And yet, there's a version of Flandre with a stat total of 1000.
    Who, SFlandre? In Aqua's current version, she's been toned down to a mere 605 total. Still very good, but nowhere near godly (she's actually similar to Attack Deoxys).

27. - Top - End - #417
    Orc in the Playground

I'm now finding it hard to decide which Touhoumon to use in one team. I may have to re-do the Elite Four all over again with different combinations just for the hell of it. :3

Also, does Aqua's version have the Johto addition, or is it normal Kanto & Sevii Islands?

28. - Top - End - #418

I'm now finding it hard to decide which Touhoumon to use in one team. I may have to re-do the Elite Four all over again with different combinations just for the hell of it. :3

Also, does Aqua's version have the Johto addition, or is it normal Kanto & Sevii Islands?
    Just normal Kanto and Sevii islands. The Johto addition is Japanese only, as far as I know.

There's also an English version of Touhoumon Emerald currently in the works.

29. - Top - End - #419

154 screenshots used...definitely the longest section yet. Ah well, it was fun.

Let's Play Touhoumon - Chapter 6-2

Spoiler
    Show
    Team Rocket's activity in Saffron City seems to be centered around Silph Co., the towering building at the heart of the city. If I'm to ever get into the Gym, I'd need some way to break their stranglehold on the city. But how could I break in to their base of operations?

Wait, I know! I've still got that red pin from earlier. If our earlier hunches are correct regarding Team Rocket and these pins, then maybe this'll work. I'll just wear it prominently and start pretending I'm a mindless zombie or something.

How did it go again?

"To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this, uh, flashlight of true redemption..."

Heh heh heh...sucker!

I don't really think this flimsy cover is going to hold for much longer once I'm inside, though. Might as well switch to the classic Plan B: beat up everyone in sight!

Unfortunately, unlike most examples from the past, brute force alone won't get me through this ordeal. Silph Co. is practically a maze of locked rooms and ravenous employees. It's like an actual office building, except without the helpful directory map. What lousy customer service!

But the question I really want to know is why this place has teleportation pads that lead to random places installed? I didn't even realize such technology was available yet!

To avoid disorienting myself even further, I decided to refrain from using any teleportation pads for now, and just make my way up the building by the stairs.

As expected, each floor was crawling with more aggressive math nerds. You know, I really don't remember them being this cutthroat in real life. Well, except in regards to the grade curve in Calculus class.

But for some reason, Team Rocket weren't the only enemy trainers present here. There were a few disgruntled Silph Co. scientists, disguised as docile employees, who seemed to have it in for me. Then there was this guy.

...What? What's a clown doing here? Nevermind, I don't want to know.

Anyway, by the time I had fought my way up to the 5th floor, I realized this wasn't really getting me anywhere. Much of each floor remained inaccessible due to the locked electronic doors, and I can imagined it'd only get worse as I go further up. If I'm to successfully navigate this place, I'm going to need a way to get past them. Rather than search every nook and cranny for who-knows-what, I decided to try for the more direct approach: finding a rat to squeal for me.

It's amazing what just the threat of torture can accomplish. You don't even need to get your hands dirty!

The wayward scientist told me everything I needed to know to get the key for myself. All I had to do was take out the few Rockets guarding the hall where it was hidden...

...and soon I had unlimited access against this building's security. It's a good thing they didn't try for multiple levels of security clearance!

(Way to cut back on your security budget, Silph Co.!)

As I had expected, several of the employees here have already become mindless zombies, sporting those fashionable red pins.

On floor 6, I freed a bunch of employees from the Rockets guarding the conference room, but that didn't really help much, given that they were a bit too brainless to escape in their current condition. I couldn't really expect any different, considering how the door was already open and all. It might be wiser to just go for the source of this incident at this point. My gut tells me it's at the top of this building. (Isn't it always?)

So upwards I continued, laying waste to any Rockets that crossed my path. It eventually became clear to me that not all employees of Silph Co. had been captured and converted by the Rockets. Some were able to hide or lock themselves in and attempt to wait out the situation. It makes me shudder to think just what they planned on doing if this siege were to last for days or even weeks.

Actually, come to think of it, if I ever see any so-called "employee" standing out in the open and not locked in a room or hiding behind a potted plant, they're probably an enemy.

I found one group of desperate survivors locked inside a small meeting room. After disposing of the Team Rocket grunt trying to break in, I was able to glean some useful information from the Silph employees. They informed me that Team Rocket was after their broadcasting equipment. As the tallest building in the region, they needed Silph Co. to broadcast the signal to activate the red pins that they've been passing out. Graze Tower had just been a test; Silph Co. was the real plan.

Armed with this new piece of information, I fought my way up floors 8 and 9, thinking that my goal was in sight. Little did I know, this building still had more surprises in store for me.

Thankfully, I found a kind Silph employee who gave my Touhoumon and I a place to rest for a moment. This whole ordeal has been rather long and arduous thus far, and I must still humbly ask my companions to press on and endure.

Oh! But I just realized that I'm leaving these security doors open, allowing even the Team Rocket members to come in after I've left. Ooh, I guess I'm putting these poor people in a grave situation, aren't I? How stupid of me.

I'm going to have to step it up and end their occupation as fast as I can, to bring an end to this at once.

At last, I made it to the 11th and final floor! But something wasn't right: this was just a dead end with a lone grunt to keep me busy. It seems the stairs alone weren't enough; I'll need the teleportation pads to get to where I need to be.

After a frantic sweep of the building, I finally located the sole teleporter that took me to a new location. However, I certainly did not expect the person who greeted me upon my arrival.

What was Renko doing here? She certainly doesn't sound like she's brainwashed. And even though she suggested a battle, I didn't get the feeling that she was hostile either. But that still doesn't answer my question. Maybe I'll get some answers after sparing a few moments to defeat her again.

As always, she started off with her Aya, only now she had evolved into her EX form. She was actually faring rather well, too, but Renko opted to switch out in order to challenge me and Miko Miyazaki to a mirror match. I think she's a bit too fond of mirror matches.

It was a poor choice on her part, though, as that allowed Miyazaki to sweep through both her Youmu and Patchouli with the ever-useful Shadow Ball. Our sweeping spree was stopped cold by the arrival of EX Sakuya, though, who quickly turned the tables on us.

Luckily, China-Li was there to pick up where Miyazaki left off, and continued to sweep the rest of Renko's team. A quick victory when I'm already admittedly pressed for time.

Renko wouldn't tell me much even after I had won, though. She just told me she'd leave Team Rocket to me and that she'd be heading to the Indigo Plateau. Hmm, I guess everyone important that I meet seem to have a penchant for that place. I don't think I've mentioned the Plateau to her before, have I?

I wonder just what she has to do with the Elite Four? Come to think of it, she was the first person to tell me about the 8 gym badges and the Elite Four, at the very beginning of our journey. Hey, how'd she even know about that anyway? I feel like for the first time ever, I'm not quite sure what to make of my old friend.

One last Rocket stood between me and their boss, who was currently stationed in the Silph Co. President's office. Once he was taken care of, I had just one more task to accomplish: defeating Giovanni.

As usual, he had to announce his presence with such pomp. This time, though, it seemed like he was in a more talkative mood.

I was tempted to make an emo joke at his villain rant, but I realized that now probably wasn't a good time. His plan to brainwash the people of this world was to...create peace and eliminate evil? Wait, what? Maybe I should have paid more attention to what those zombie folk are saying.

There was no time for me to wax philosophic with him, though. It was clear that he wasn't interested in what I had to say, so there was only one way to answer him.

Playing for keeps, eh? Then I guess that means I'd better not hold back either.

I've been waiting for an opportunity to do this.

Now, boss, we play for keeps!

With her final evolution, Mukyue was statistically superior to Giovanni's Dark Rumia. Through her evolution, Mukyue traded in some of her offensive strength for a massive boost to her defenses, channeling her immense raw magic into a powerful protective aura. Knowing this, the Dark Rumia immediately sacrificed herself to cause some notable damage, even despite Mukyue's magical resistances.

And while she may be a bulwark of magic, Mukyue still woefully lacks in speed, letting pretty much anyone run circles around her. But for all their speed, it did them little good.

Giovanni's last Touhoumon was different, though. Rather than sacrificing herself to do some damage, his EX Suika spent ample time bolstering her evasion by shrinking her size over and over again. I think I lost count of the number of times our attacks missed. Eventually, the EX Suika turned to offense, and we were forced to beat a hasty retreat.

At this point, I was cursing myself for not healing up my team after the bout with Renko, as Miyazaki's Aerial Ace would be really nice right about now. Renko, what was that for?

Believe it! tried in vain to break through Giovanni's strategy, and it all came down to a single timely attack from Shinku to end this surprisingly difficult final fight.

Giovanni seemed quite displeased, to say the least. With his entire team defeated and himself now hanging his head in shame, he was furious at me for not understanding his vision. I admit, even I began to have some doubts crop up regarding just what was going on here. I feel like I've been herded to this position by some unseen force, without spending the time to question everything that had taken place.

And who is this Conductor fellow? I think that's the second time someone's mentioned him.

An unexpected blackout soon followed, and when the lights came back on, Giovanni and all of his Rocket goons were nowhere to be seen.

The president of Silph Co. commended me, as their hero in their darkest hour, for the defeat of Team Rocket. As a gift, he presented me with the Master Orb, which was guarenteed to catch any Touhoumon without fail. I thanked him for his abundant generosity and-

Hey, if you're so rich, why don't you go beef up the security in this place, especially after an incident such as this? For starters, you could have more levels of security clearance, and a better way of contacting the authorities for help, and-

Oh, wait, I forgot again. Law enforcement is useless in this world.

Whew, that was a long one! OK, next up on our agenda: who shall be the among the lucky 6 to take on Sabrina? I'd like to avoid using Patchy now, as Dark types make it a bit too easy.

To see who's available, just look at the group picture in the first post of this thread (updated at the end of each chapter). Remember that Orange is now part of the team, and that a few characters have evolved since.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ogre in the Playground

I think Poppins, Miyazaki, Souseiseki, Tachikoma, Orange, and Believe it would work well, as Bug type moves and ghost type moves are effective against psychic types. I also anticipate that several of the touhoumon in the gym will have relatively low defenses.