Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: Let's Play Touhoumon - Gotta Graze 'Em All!

...Everything I know is a lie...
    So what types is he using?

..And I still support use of Shinku and China-Li.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Troll in the Playground

I vote for Miyazaki, Poppins, Rangiku, Souseiseki, Magic Mary, and Tachikoma. For no particular reason.

3. - Top - End - #573
    Pixie in the Playground

EMokou? Well, I'm okay with that, but somehow I was expecting AMokou for some Magcargo-styled awesomeness (there's also the fact that you haven't used any Advent Touhou so far).

Well, whatever, I'm being a bit too selfish. I can pretend she's a lava snail on my own run. I'm looking forward to things are going to turn out in the E4, and I wish you luck a bit too early. Possibly.

4. - Top - End - #574
    Orc in the Playground

I read in the forum where this hack can be obtained at that Chibi Rikas are found in the Lost Cave on Five Island. Whether that's true or not is beyond me, I haven't gotten that far yet. :V Irrelevant, I know, but I just wanted to say it regardless. 3:

However, I'm a teeny bit disappointed that the next Touhoumon was already picked. I was gonna vote for Chiyuri despite the fact that all the votes were going towards Mokou and my favorite idiot. xD
    Last edited by FantasyFoxMan; 2010-06-29 at 10:18 PM.
    Fluttershy in the Playground. I'm okay with this.

Oh yeah, also: Follow me in my current Screenshot LP of Pokémon Liquid Crystal! (Now probably a lost cause, since the original thread is over six months old, if not longer!)

It's Pants, the Musical Superstar!

5. - Top - End - #575
    Bugbear in the Playground

You know, after the RAGE that was the Sevii Islands, Viridian Gym is sort of anti-climactic by comparison. Oh well...at least chapter 9 promises to deliver.

Let's Play Touhoumon - Chapter 8-5

Spoiler
    Show
    With the hellish deathtrap that was the Sevii Islands now behind me, I could finally relax a bit back on the mainland. Well, if by relax you mean the last gym challenge, then sure. But honestly now, this is relatively relaxing compared to what I've just been through.

Viridian Gym was closed down when I first passed by, way back at the beginning of my journey. Now that I've finally returned, I feel like a completely different person compared to what I was like before. At first, I was headstrong, naive, and reckless. Now, I'm...well, I'm still all those things, I guess. But I've got a much stronger arsenal by my side to justify things!

It's odd how people here don't seem to even know who their own gym leader is. It's like if someone in Japan doesn't know who the current Prime Minister is. You'd think his identity wouldn't be a heavily guarded state secret, right?

The trainers here in the gym don't really help shed any light on the matter. They don't even seem to have a decisive theme regarding the types of their Touhoumon. Maybe someone forgot to tell them Rule #4 in the Touhoumon Gym Member's Handbook? "Always use only a single type of Touhoumon. If your opponent exploits your weakness, just throw more of the same type at them, and they'll eventually given in somehow."

The trainers don't even fit one particular theme. I see karate masters, cooltrainers, and...this creepy guy who's really into BDSM. He's got the whip and rope and...is that a lollipop? They don't let children into this gym, do they? For heaven's sake, this is no place for kids!

It's like as if the trainers were all in unanimous agreement that they'll keep their gym's identity a secret. They can't even decide on the same type to use! I see all sorts of different kinds of Touhoumon. What kind of game are they playing here?

Looks like all I can do is steel myself for whatever surprises may be in store. It's okay, I'm confident in my success. I haven't spent who-knows-how-long in this logic-forsaken world for nothing, you know.

This is the last gym leader, eh? With my luck it's probably going to b-

Oh. It's you.

"Welcome, Maribel. I did say this wasn't over yet, didn't I?"

"What, no mind control gimmicks, no Team Rocket henchmen, just you alone?"

"Precisely. You still wear the red pin, do you not? Haven't you wondered why you never succumbed to our control?"

I remained silent. Best let him do the talking, and reveal as much as I can get from him.

"I know who you are now. You're not from this world. In fact, that's not the only thing that's unique about you. Of course, I'm not the only one who knows. They know as well. The Conductor of this world has been using you this whole time for his plan, thwarting me at every turn, and you've blissfully followed along. But I can't let them win. My original plan may have failed, but I still have one last chance. I can still eliminate you!"

He seemed even more serious now than ever before. I've faced him at the climax of his plan, when he was surrounded by his goons, but now that he's alone, he somehow felt more threatening, more cunning, and more desperate.

"I owe you no more explanations! Only destruction!"

All right, so here's what's going down: since I've completed the Sevii Islands sidequest already, the Elite 4 will already be on Round 2 mode when I reach them. Unfortunately, Round 2 mode for this version of Touhoumon is like ~20-30 levels higher than Round 2 for the original game. Since I don't feel like getting everyone up to level 80 or so, I'll only go for it with a select group of 6. But since I'll still eventually be facing down a full team of lvl 100 characters at lvl 80ish, I'd like at least some balance for the party, so here's what I'll do. I'll divvy up everyone into two categories: sweepers and supporters. I'll be taking the top 3 voted choices from each group, for a full team of 6. Here's your choices, including any new moves they'll get:

Sweepers:

Spoiler
    Show
    Marisa (Magical Mary)
    Electric/Fire
    > Blazing Star
    > Dragon Meteo/Fire Blast
    > Master Spark
    > Mana Charge

Comments: Even with a severe level disadvantage, Mana Charge and Speed Boost will raise her special attack and speed enough to easily sweep lots of higher-level foes. The only hard part is surviving long enough to charge up. Fire Blast is technically better than Dragon Meteo, but I kind of like the idea of having her attacks named after her actual spellcards.

Alice (Shinku)
    Water/Ice
    > Surf
    > Ice Beam
    > Psychic
    > Mana Charge

Comments: Basically Marisa with a different type spread and Water Absorb instead of Speed Boost. Speed Boost is still better, but Alice gets better type coverage. Same pros and cons still apply.

Ran (Believe it!)
    Ground/Psychic
    > Earthquake
    > Shadow Ball
    > Steel Fist
    > Bulk Up

Comments: Bulk Up isn't quite as good as Mana Charge or Mind's Eye, but it gets the job done. Same strategy applies: find some time to pump yourself up, then attempt a sweep. Good type coverage as well, although Steel Fist is a bit inaccurate, and she only gets one STAB.

Aya (Asakura)
    Flying/Fighting
    > Aeroblast
    > Cross Chop
    > Extreme Speed
    > Mind's Eye

Comments: Basically a physical version of Marisa/Alice, but with better speed and worse attack, although Mind's Eye helps out with the latter. Her biggest problem is the relatively low PP on her admittedly very strong attacks, leaving her prone to run out on the latter battles. Oh, and I guess the less than perfect accuracy on Cross Chop and Aeroblast.

Patchouli (Mukyue)
    Psychic/Dark
    > Five Elements
    > Ice Beam
    > Flamethrower/Fire Blast
    > Morning Sun

Comments: Hits 11 types for supereffective damage. Fire Blast should be there unless Marisa needs the TM. By far the slowest of our sweepers, so she'll need some Quick Claw hax to help out. Good thing she's bulky.

Youmu (Miyazaki)
    Ghost/Steel
    > Shadow Ball
    > Petal Storm
    > Razor Wind
    > Mind's Eye

comments: Another physical version of MAlice, except with slightly worse speed. Immunity to normal and fighting moves is good for switching in. Note that Steel is not resistant to Ghost or Psychic in this game, though.

Orange (Apple)
    Normal
    > Double-Edge
    > Brick Break
    > Counter
    > Bride Study

Comments: With pure power, she actually has the highest attack or special attack out of our entire team before stat boosts are used. In other words, she doesn't need to set up to hit hard. Counter is also potentially awesome against high-level opponents. Unfortunately, she has poor type coverage, and can't do a thing to ghost types, so she'll have to sit out completely against Agatha.

Support

Spoiler
    Show
    Wriggle (Souseiseki)
    Bug/Grass
    > Signal Beam
    > Sing
    > Heal Bell
    > Bride Study

Comments: Statistically, she's arguably the worst member of our team, but she does have one valuable gem going for her: Sing. With a lucky sleep hax, she can potentially buy enough time to let someone else set up with their stat-boosting moves for a sweep. She's got decent durability, but not as high as dedicated tanks, and a ton of weaknesses to boot.

Yamame (Tachikoma)
    Bug/Ground
    > Earthquake
    > Toxic
    > Rest
    > Spider Web

Comments: She needs no introduction. The Elite 4 may be packing Full Restores and Full Heals, but they'll still run out eventually, and Toxic gets the job done then. Spider Web is sort of useless in game, but I just can't bring myself to get rid of it for flavor reasons.

Meiling (China-Li)
    Fighting/Dragon
    > Brick Break
    > Rock Tomb
    > Roar
    > Slack Off

Comments: She's arguably the best physical wall we've got, but her special defense is lackluster. She doesn't do much damage, but if you've got some residual damage effect on the opponent, like poison or burn, she could potentially stall them down until they expire.

Kogasa (Poppins)
    Ghost/Flying
    > Surf
    > Shadow Ball
    > Yawn
    > Recover

Comments: Yawn puts things to sleep, which buys you time to set up for a sweep. She's also a great all-round tank if you need to stall, but on her own her damage output is worse than Meiling's.

Komachi (Rangiku)
    Water/Ghost
    > Shadow Ball
    > Confuse Ray
    > Life Counter
    > Slack Off

Comments: She's hoping for some confusion hax here. She also does have great attack power, and Life Counter will always make a difference by halving your opponent's HP regardless of how strong they are. If confusion hax favors you, Slack Off lets her stay in the game.

Mokou (Mustang)
    Fire/Fighting
    > Revenge
    > Fujiyama Volcano
    > Will-o-wisp
    > Recover

Comments: She's actually capable of doing quite a bit of damage, but Will-o-wisp will at times be just as valuable as her attacks, neutering physically-inclined foes and causing residual damage. Revenge and Fujiyama Volcano both have the potential to hit extremely hard, but they take some cooperation on your opponent's part and good prediction on mine.

There you have it. Voting will continue for a while, since I still have to get past Victory Road first.
    Check out my Let's Plays: Sengoku Gensokyo (Complete!), Touhoumon (Complete!), and Labyrinth of Touhou
    Jade Curtiss avatar by Teutonic Knight

6. - Top - End - #576
    Firbolg in the Playground

Sweepers; Magical Mary (Marisa), Mukyue (Patchouli), and Shinku (Alice).

Support; Mustang (Mokou), Rangiku (Komachi), and Tachikoma (Yamame).

Also, Mokou got really lucky in the video.
    Last edited by memnarch; 2010-06-30 at 12:35 AM.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

7. - Top - End - #577
    Ogre in the Playground

I vote Magical Mary, Shinku, Apple, Tachikoma, Poppins, Rangiku.

Mostly because a) they're my favourite Touhou characters in the list and b) I love water types. Balance? What balance?
    I write a gaming blog. It also hosts my gaming downloads:

Fatescape - FATE-based D&D emulator, for when you want D&D flavour but not D&D complexity.
    Exalted Mass Combat Rules - Because the ones in the core book suck.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Ogre in the Playground

Sweepers: Magic Mary, Shinku, and Mukyue.
    Support: Mustang, China-Li, and Tachikoma.

The continual damage should help, but relying on confusion will not be that helpful.

9. - Top - End - #579
    Banned

Okay time to choose then, based solely on personal preference and none of this silly balance or playability stuff. Except for adding Tachikoma over Rangiku i guess.

Sweepers: Mukyue, Magic Mary and Believe It!
    Support: China-Li, Mustang and Tachikoma

10. - Top - End - #580
    Dwarf in the Playground

Difficult. I'm inclined to agree on Shinku, Magic Mary, and Mukyue for sweepers, but then we'd have exclusively special sweepers. I'm worried you'd get owned by a special wall. But these three are my favourites of the bunch, hands down, so I'm finding it hard to peg one to be replaced by Apple or Myazaki. However, perhaps my support choices will help balance this.

Support-wise, I'm going to go with Tachikoma, Rangiku, and Mustang. As she impressively showed in Giovanni's gym battle, Mustang can hit pretty hard with Revenge even without being hit herself first. Tachikoma has just performed awesomely and is our primary source of Toxic. Finally, Komachi is just a personal favorite of mine.
    Last edited by Jm2c; 2010-06-30 at 12:21 PM.

11. - Top - End - #581
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

All right, I guess I'll go for Magic Mary, Shinku, and Miyazaki. I would vote Mukyue, but I'd like to see some variety as far as Special/Physical.
    For support, I'd like to see Tachikoma, Mustang, and Poppins.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

12. - Top - End - #582
    Barbarian in the Playground

Youmu and Meiling. I don't care about the rest.

13. - Top - End - #583
    Troll in the Playground

Magical Mary has to be on the team. I'm not a good pokemon strategist, and I know basically nothing about Tohou, but she's your starter. You start a story with her, you finish a story with her.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

14. - Top - End - #584
    Orc in the Playground

Special sweepers are always a must, so my votes go for Marisa, B.Alice and F.Patchy. As for Support characters, definitely Kogasa and Yamame, two of my personal favorites. :3 And also Mokou just because.
    Last edited by FantasyFoxMan; 2010-07-01 at 07:31 AM.
    Fluttershy in the Playground. I'm okay with this.

Oh yeah, also: Follow me in my current Screenshot LP of Pokémon Liquid Crystal! (Now probably a lost cause, since the original thread is over six months old, if not longer!)

It's Pants, the Musical Superstar!

15. - Top - End - #585
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Let's see, current voting holds Sweepers at
    Magic Mary-9
    Shinku-6
    Mukyue-6
    Miyazaki-3
    Apple-1
    Believe it-1

And for Support
    Tachikoma-8
    Mustang-7
    China-Li-4
    Poppins-3
    Rangiku-3

Okay, now it's current. Very much wants Poppins...
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2010-07-01 at 10:53 PM.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

16. - Top - End - #586

Eh, it looks like only Magic Mary is really secure in the position.

Unless you are talking about the 3-way tie, in which case we might have a runoff vote.

17. - Top - End - #587

I'll vote:
    - Magical Mary, Mukyue, and Miyazaki
    - Tachikoma, Mustang, and China-Li.

18. - Top - End - #588

Wow, thanks for tallying it up, Penguinator! That makes things a little easier for me.

Let's Play Touhoumon - Chapter 9-1

Spoiler
    Show
    The final gym leader stood defeated before me. He reluctantly handed over the Earth Badge, obviously distraught over the whole ordeal, but his dignity did not allow him to beg for mercy or ignore the rules of his position as gym leader. A loss was a loss, and he bore it with honor.

(If this is how we're starting the chapter, something tells me this last chapter won't be as humorous as our previous escapades. Lousy plotlines that need to be resolved. I blame Cerebus.)

What's this? Now that the villain has lost, he still seeks to spread strife between friends? Come on, I'm genre savvy enough to know not to trust what the villain says. Regardless, it's time I take my leave and head for my final destination: the Indigo Plateau.

It was only a short walk west of Viridian City before I ran into the very person I was just thinking about: Renko Usami. Even though we've been apart for most of this trip, it feels like we still knew a bit of what each other has gone through. And even now, when we both stood poised to enter the final area of our journey, we still greeted each other the way only close friends could do: with a battle.

Renko has grown much stronger since we've last met, but then again, so have I. As always, she lead off with her EX Aya, but I showed her that my own forgotten character still packed a meaner punch. She retaliated with a familiar face, thinking she has the upper hand. And who could blame her? A strong Dynamic Punch coming from her EX Meiling is quite effective on poor little Apple, who could only stand there and take the beating.

Heh...psych!

A crushing Counter threw the punch back at double the strength, resulting in a savage one-hit KO. At this point, Renko got the message and decided not to play around anymore, unleashing her most powerful Touhoumon that I've seen: EX Sakuya. With Mind's Eye doubling her attack power and her deadly signature spellcard, Soul Sculpture, she made quick work of poor Apple. It was only by the skin of our teeth that Asakura was able to take down Sakuya in return.

The battle continued in a vicious cycle, with my being forced to switch out due to low health each time Renko used a new Touhoumon, only to take a crushing attack and be forced to switch out again when the next foe came along.

It just occured to me how similar our teams really were. I suppose good friends think alike?

With that exercise completed, Renko beckoned me to continue on to the Indigo Plateau, where she was sure we'd be able to see each other again. It looked to be the perfect final challenge to close out our trip. Some vacation this turned out to be, eh?

According to Renko, the path to the Indigo Plateau was guarded by one last obstacle for aspiring champions. Entrance into the dungeon is permitted only to trainers that have proven their mettle against the regional gyms, which of course I have passed with flying colors. In excitement and trepidation, I entered the infamous Victory Road.

Victory Road was an eclectic mix of both puzzles and strong trainers. The puzzles were not much of a challenge to a college student, in all honesty; why, I bet even a ten-year-old could solve them! China-Li ended up doing all the heavy lifting anyway.

The trainers, on the other hand, were the real amazing point about the place. Now, granted they weren't as overboard level hax as the few I met on the Sevii Islands (I'll never live that down), but they still surprised me with the sheer quantity and variety of their teams. For the first time ever, I saw some marvelous EX forms of Touhoumon that really did impress me. I was almost too distracted by the eye candy to pay attention to beating them.

Some of them came from other regions that I had never heard of. Some of them had badges that I had never seen (that explains how Viridian City could get away with being closed). But all had one thing in common: they were training here to challenge the most powerful trainers in the world: the Elite Four. And from the looks of it, it seems like none of them even got close to winning.

Hearing them talk about the Elite Four made me realize just how little I knew about them. I didn't even know their names or anything! From the way it sounds, it seems like they're still way out of even my league. And no wonder! I have to admit, I think I've been a bit too arrogant this whole time. Here I am, a relative newcomer to this world, blasting my way through the ranks when all this time there have been people quietly honing their skills here for ages. Perhaps they're right, and I'm not ready yet. Perhaps there's still much more for me to learn and do.

Admittedly, it's been fun this whole time, but now it looks like I'll have to buckle up and press my limits. Even if I can already defeat many of these trainers as I am, there are still things that I could learn from experienced veterans like them. They knew the challenge that awaited them at the Indigo Plateau, and knew that they were not yet ready to face it. Two such trainers were kind enough to tell it to me straight.

Despite successfully fighting my way through Victory Road, I somehow felt weaker and less confident as I left than I did when I first arrived. As I stood at the threshold of Indigo Plateau, I was hesitant to open its doors. Indeed, there was still much work to be done before I could undertake this challenge. I knew what I had to do.

Turning back, I returned to Victory Road, now more humble than ever before. For all the snark and ridicule that I've heaped on the inhabitants of this world, I still held some measure of respect for their ability to have survived in this insane environment. And now, it was time for me to partake of it with them.

"Excuse me...I was wondering if you'd be willing to help me train?"

I love Victory Road. So many cool new EX Touhoumon to see. In the interest of saving space, I probably didn't even screenshot half of the trainers I met here.

So, it looks like our sweepers are fairly set, and our supporters are almost getting there. The 3rd spot for the latter is the one that seems most in contention, but it looks like Meiling's in the lead for that position. You guys can keep voting if you'd like, I'll start by training the ones that for sure will be making it into our final team.

Also, one more question: I've still got that one Fire Blast TM. Who should get it: Marisa or Patchouli?
    Check out my Let's Plays: Sengoku Gensokyo (Complete!), Touhoumon (Complete!), and Labyrinth of Touhou

19. - Top - End - #589
    Dwarf in the Playground

Pretty sweet, yes. I'd say give Fire Blast to Marisa. She seems more the kind to blast away at full power with no regard for accuracy.

Did you ever get the Old Amber from the museum in Pewter? I'm kind of curious as to what comes out of that. The fossils provide pretty good hints, but that one just says it's 'clear with a reddish tint' - if I recall correctly, exactly the same blurb as in the original.
    Last edited by Jm2c; 2010-07-01 at 08:14 PM.

20. - Top - End - #590

Quote Originally Posted by Associate View Post
    Did you ever get the Old Amber from the museum in Pewter? I'm kind of curious as to what comes out of that. The fossils provide pretty good hints, but that one just says it's 'clear with a reddish tint' - if I recall correctly, exactly the same blurb as in the original.
    Old Amber yields Dolls, which will evolve into either Shanghai or Hourai. I included them in the vote when we got to Cinnabar Island, including their pictures.

21. - Top - End - #591

What would replace the slot for Fire Blast if it doesn't go to one character? (Marisa gets what if Patchy get Fire Blast?)

22. - Top - End - #592

Quote Originally Posted by memnarch View Post
    What would replace the slot for Fire Blast if it doesn't go to one character? (Marisa gets what if Patchy get Fire Blast?)
    Either Flamethrower (both can get it) or Dragon Meteo (for Marisa).

Dragon Meteo is slightly worse than Flamethrower, but it's in-theme for Marisa. Come on, she gets 3 attacks named after her actual spellcards!

23. - Top - End - #593

Give it to Patchy; I like the idea of Marisa having spell card attacks.

24. - Top - End - #594
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Okay, now the list is current.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

25. - Top - End - #595
    Banned

I concur. Marisa should get to keep her actual spell cards.

26. - Top - End - #596
    Pixie in the Playground

I vote Patchouli, as Draco Meteo(r?) is too awesome of a name to be skipped.
    Although, given my usual bad luck at critical times, I'd rather use Flamethrower instead (for some added 236B/Cness).

27. - Top - End - #597

Quote Originally Posted by Randfeon View Post
    I vote Patchouli, as Draco Meteo(r?) is too awesome of a name to be skipped.
    Although, given my usual bad luck at critical times, I'd rather use Flamethrower instead (for some added 236B/Cness).
    You know, I thought it was "Draco Meteor" at first too. But this is 3rd generation, and it's "Dragon Meteo", named after one of Marisa's player spellcards from Scarlet Weather Rhapsody. It's basically similar to Flamethrower, but not quite as accurate, yet gains a flinch chance instead.

I personally prefer Fire Blast for sweepers, as mathematically I believe the extra 25 base power is worth losing that 15% accuracy. Patchy could also use a 120-base special attack, anyway.

I think I'll use Black Wind in place of Morning Sun (i.e. Energy Ball), since Patchy gets STAB on that, and I the different type coverage might be worth it.

28. - Top - End - #598
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
    You know, I thought it was "Draco Meteor" at first too. But this is 3rd generation, and it's "Dragon Meteo", named after one of Marisa's player spellcards from Scarlet Weather Rhapsody. It's basically similar to Flamethrower, but not quite as accurate, yet gains a flinch chance instead.

I personally prefer Fire Blast for sweepers, as mathematically I believe the extra 25 base power is worth losing that 15% accuracy. Patchy could also use a 120-base special attack, anyway.
    Mathematically, yes, it's worth it, if barely - Flamethrower hits for 95 base damage all the time, whereas Fire Blast hits for 120 85% of the time, resulting in a weighted average of 102 base damage a round. However, practically I'm of the firm opinion that the AI is a cheating bastard, so I prefer accuracy in order to deny it even the faintest excuse.
    Last edited by Jm2c; 2010-07-03 at 06:33 AM.

29. - Top - End - #599

It's time. I'm ready.

Here's the team that will be representing us:

Just a few points of interest for the upcoming battles:

* The Elite 4 each have 5 Touhoumon, with the final trainer with 6. The average level of each trainer's team will increase by about 4-5 levels for the next successive trainer.
    * With our team, I'm expecting Lorelei to not be too hard, since her levels are only in the mid-80's. Also with our team, Bruno will probably just fold to awesome special sweepers like Alice and Patchy. Then again, I never really liked him anyway. After that, though, things will likely start getting scary.
    * Each trainer will use at least one Final style and one Last Word style Touhoumon. Both styles have 600+ base stats (basically equivalent to lower legendaries), with the former concentrating on tanking and the latter on sweeping. The exception is Lance, who ignores tanking in favor of multiple Last Word sweepers.
    * Each trainer has 2 Full Restores, I believe. I'm still playing with no in-battle items and Set battle style, but I'll be healing in between fights.
    * The last trainer's team will differ depending on who you chose as your starter, of course. I think only her first character remains the same regardless of your starter, but I'm not sure. And if I may say so myself, I think choosing Marisa as your starter gives you the most epic batch of Round 2 opponents for this last battle.

All right, I think that's it. I'll begin recording soon, but it takes a while to load the videos, so I might not have them up until tomorrow. I'm excited to do this, and I hope it'll be enjoyable for you all!
    Last edited by Mirrinus; 2010-07-05 at 04:55 AM.

30. - Top - End - #600

Patchy looks a little shaky there with a bunch of 5 PP moves.