Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Soulbound Weapon Question.

At level 1 you pick the weapon. Can you later change your selection to a different weapon of the same type? (Say, a plain mace now, to a masterwork, dwarven craft or Alchemical Silver mace)
    Last edited by Vizzerdrix; 2010-05-07 at 02:47 AM.
    ,,,,^..^,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Haldir View Post
    Edit- I understand it now, Fighters are like a status symbol. If you're well off enough to own a living Fighter, you must be pretty well off!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Soulbound Weapon Question.

Anyone? Yes, no?
    ,,,,^..^,,,,

Edit- I understand it now, Fighters are like a status symbol. If you're well off enough to own a living Fighter, you must be pretty well off!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Colossus in the Playground

I assume you're talking about Soulbound Weaponry. It says "This is a specific weapon every time you summon it..." making me believe you're stuck with the same. Also, Call Weaponry power doesn't seem to support creating anything but normal versions of the weapon. That said, it should be simple enough to figure powers for bypassing Drs and you'll have enough enhancement that sunder-type stuff or enhancement bonus to hit (from Mw.) won't be a problem and as such, this does not seem very relevant.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Shoot. I was planning on going with one of those special crystals for the material. I think I saw one that does a little exrta damage if you feed it a few PP.

Edit: Deep Crystal. 2pp for 2d6.

Anyways, thanks for the confirmation. Maybe I can pull it off with retraining shenanigans.

Hmm... Maybe starting with a busted Deep Crystal weapon
    Last edited by Vizzerdrix; 2010-05-08 at 07:02 AM.
    ,,,,^..^,,,,

5. - Top - End - #5
    Banned

With Soulbound Weapon, start with the weapon you want to end up with. Even if you can't wield it yet (being Exotic for example,) you can still use Call Weaponry normally until you have the proficiency required for your soulbound weapon.

Since you can't change it but it continues to scale with your level, it will just wait in the wings.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Optimystik View Post
    With Soulbound Weapon, start with the weapon you want to end up with. Even if you can't wield it yet (being Exotic for example,) you can still use Call Weaponry normally until you have the proficiency required for your soulbound weapon.

Since you can't change it but it continues to scale with your level, it will just wait in the wings.

So... Select a weapon I don't own? Proficiency isn't the issue. The issue is obtaining a weapon made from an expensive material with the class feature, be it for mechanical or flavor reasons.
    ,,,,^..^,,,,