New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default [d20 Modern] Base classes

Does any body have, or know where to find, alternate base classes for d20 Modern? One that are a bit more... D&D, like a medic class, a soldier class and so on. Thanks in advance.
    Majestic avatar by the wonderful yldenfrei
    I have one , which is good, because I like him.
    Won't you join me in Fallen London?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [d20 Modern] Base classes

Well, there are the advanced classes, which you can get into way earlier than the D&D prestige classes.

You should be able to get into the Soldier or Field Medic class after 3rd level.

Otherwise, you're looking at converting from one of the d20 modern derived games, like the d20 Star Wars revised (i.e. 3.5 derived) classes.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leeham View Post
    Does any body have, or know where to find, alternate base classes for d20 Modern? One that are a bit more... D&D, like a medic class, a soldier class and so on. Thanks in advance.
    There aren't any alternate base classes for d20 Modern, sometimes though there are alternate talents for them. The base classes are mostly used to define your character BEFORE getting into an advanced class which most of them fill the roles you were thinking of.

Medic? Field Medic. Soldier?...er...Soldier. Etc. And if you take the right base class (and the advanced class usually stats the fastest route into them) then you can enter the advanced class at level 3. If you want to run d20 modern though, do NOT think of it as D&D. Only pain will follow. For you and the players.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

[QUOTE=Altair_the_Vexed;8464941]Well, there are the advanced classes, which you can get into way earlier than the D&D prestige classes.

You should be able to get into the Soldier or Field Medic class after 3rd level.QUOTE]

This is why every d20 modern game I've played in started at at least lvl 4. with the lack of spells and other impressive stuff your character's will feel tough but won't feel like mid level D&D characters.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hand_of_Vecna
    This is why every d20 modern game I've played in started at at least lvl 4. with the lack of spells and other impressive stuff your character's will feel tough but won't feel like mid level D&D characters.
    4th level characters don't feel like mid-level D&D characters in D&D, either.

Because they're not mid-level yet.
    Last edited by Yuki Akuma; 2010-05-10 at 05:05 PM.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hand_of_Vecna View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Altair_the_Vexed View Post
    Well, there are the advanced classes, which you can get into way earlier than the D&D prestige classes.

You should be able to get into the Soldier or Field Medic class after 3rd level.
    Yeah..Mid-level would be like level...10. And at that point characters are able to go into FX classes if they are available or prestige classes.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

RangerGuy

Here ya go:

Strong=Fighter
    Fast=Rogue
    Tough=Barbarian
    Smart=Nerd
    Dedicated=Priest
    Charismatic=Face

Now double the class tables to make them go to 20. Done.

Or you could use SWSE's base classes, that might be what you're looking for.

Or leave them the way they are, because they're fine that way.
    Last edited by raitalin; 2010-05-10 at 03:42 PM.