New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default psionic powers and magic weapons

My DM is saying that Psionic powers do not stack with magic weapons like weapon crystals do. I was wondering if this was correct or not and where in the books i would be able to find these rules.
    Last edited by mobdrazhar; 2010-05-10 at 05:13 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Banned

Default Re: psionic powers and magic weapons

Quote Originally Posted by mobdrazhar View Post
    My DM is saying that Psionic powers do not stack with magic weapons like weapon crystals do. I was wondering if this was correct or not and where in the books i would be able to find these rules.
    An enhancement bonus is an enhancement bonus, regardless of source, so magic weapon doesn't stack with metaphysical weapon. However, sources of damage of different bonus types (including untyped bonuses) do stack, if they're from different sources.

Weapon of energy (fire), for instance, would stack with a flaming weapon, as well as the Weapon Afire ability of the pyrokineticist and any desert wind maneuver you'd care to name that adds fire damage to attack, since they'e from different sources. You could even use them on the pyro's fire lash, since it's a valid target. It basically makes the flames MUCH hotter.

If your DM makes a different call, just add a different energy type. Fire + electricity is still nice to have.
    Last edited by Lycanthromancer; 2010-05-10 at 05:28 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: psionic powers and magic weapons

thanks for that. that helps alot