New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: This isn't your Dad's Childhood! This is Let's Play: Pokemon: Shiny Gold: Hard Mo

Because its forced down the throats of every pokemon fan. Give us a new protagonist without a pikachu in the anime, drop it from all the mercandising and then maybe we'll talk.

Personally, I like the idea of a Aipom being a replacement if they ever do so. They wont though.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: This isn't your Dad's Childhood! This is Let's Play: Pokemon: Shiny Gold: Hard Mo

True that. My old manga teacher once had this as a class discussion. "Drop Ash, etc." We ended up with an aged Ash, married to Misty, a married Jessie and James and children for both couples. Ash passed down the Pikachu, and it was finally stolen by the competent Rocket children. He sent his son to retrieve Pikachu, being old. (Like Professor Oak, in a way.) I don't think we discussed what happened to Meowth.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Titan in the Playground

You had a manga teacher?

I like the idea that they should have replaced him every generation like in Pokemon Adventures, letting him make cameo's every now and again.

Instead we now have protaganists they have to dumb down and no-one cares about. They have villains they have to shoehorn in, dumb down and no one cares about. And they have to conceive insane ways for Ash to lose so there's still a challenge, rather than him God-moding with Pikachu.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Orc in the Playground

We also have 20-some odd year old protagonists. Who look and act like 15 year olds. I stopped watching the Anime after Johto. Because Johto has always been the best.
    All thanks to Domochevsky for the epic avatar

My Creed
    Spoiler
    Show
    Illic est haud affectus, illic est hunger.
    There est haud ignarus, illic est hunger.
    There est haud perturbatio, illic est hunger.
    There est haud chaos, illic est hunger.
    There est haud nex, illic est Hive.

Δεν υπάρχει συναίσθημα, υπάρχει πείνα.
    Δεν υπάρχει άγνοια, υπάρχει πείνα.
    Δεν υπάρχει πάθος, υπάρχει πείνα.
    Δεν υπάρχει χάος, υπάρχει πείνα.
    Δεν υπάρχει θάνατος, υπάρχει το Καταφύγιο.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Troll in the Playground

I only watched the anime for Team Rocket. Every episode, I hoped they would win.
    Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin1040 View Post
    I only watched the anime for Team Rocket. Every episode, I hoped they would win.
    True. Every episode, you hope for a Team Rocket victory, and... maybe you hope for Brock to finally woo a girl. Yeah, I haven't watched since the Orange Islands.

And yes, I did indeed have a manga teacher. (Not at school)
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2010-07-13 at 06:55 PM.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin1040 View Post
    I didn't except for their first appearence. That's why I loved the first 2 episodes. The first had no Team Rocket and I loved it. The second had them being competent; they tore down an entire Pokemon Centre with a single, presumably low level (considering they were just 2 peons babysitting the boss's old pet) Ekans and Koffing, and it was a fluke super-chu that defeated them.

Now they're idiots. This is what should have happened 2 series ago.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew

8. - Top - End - #308
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NecroticPunch View Post
    We also have 20-some odd year old protagonists. Who look and act like 15 year olds.
    Isn't that something almost every anime/manga out there does?

9. - Top - End - #309
    Titan in the Playground

How old Ash is supposed to be now? Isn't every league about a year or so? Dawn is 10 I believe...
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Orc in the Playground

Oh no, it's because in (most) manga/anime time actually passes.

My Creed
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #311
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Yeah, they don't want Brock to hit 30 and still be hitting on teenage girls.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Orc in the Playground

Isn't Brock already 30? I always thought that he was 30...

My Creed
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #313
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NecroticPunch View Post
    Isn't Brock already 30? I always thought that he was 30...
    At the start it was Ash: 10, Misty 11, Brock 12.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Titan in the Playground

No, Brok isn't 30, he is a teenager apparently. In the double tourney Ash had where he joined with Paul, Brock was competing with some woman that he tried to hit on as always, but she rejected him for being too young.

There are few age categories in the pokeworld. Youngling, youngster, 10-year old, teen, young adult, adult, great wyrm old.
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Troll in the Playground

This chapter is brought to you by the letter D. As in "Don't let shmucks with guitars try to play Led Zeppelin, because if they do, they will snap their strings and end up with bloody fingers". This chapter also brought to you by Band-Aids. Very helpful when you need to type and have bloody fingers.

Chapter 13
    Spoiler
    Show
    So, now I had a lot more Pokemon than I'd ever imagined. I needed to decide who to keep and who to stuff in the box, never to be taken out again.

I decided to give Ripper another chance to prove himself, so he was back on. I needed Stoney, Murderface, and Sir Misery. Murderface was my hardest hitter, Stoney was my toughest tank, and I think if I tried to box him, Sir Misery would try to possess me or something. I'd heard somewhere that Pikachu was a pretty popular Pokemon, so he must be pretty good, so I kept him on. The last spot was tough. I considered taking Ivy2 or Billy Idol, but in the end, I gambled on Poseidon.

The next order of business was to give Pikachu a nickname. He couldn't go around saying "Pika! Pikapi! CHUUUU!" forever. That just seems like the kind of thing that would drive me nuts.

After many seconds of deep thought, I named him Algernon. Now with my new team set, I decided to go train Poseidon and Algernon up for the gym match. We got as far as the edge of town before I noticed something odd. Invincible was following me. She's a Slowpoke, so she's not exactly quick, but she was running as fast as he could after us. I remembered a computer in the Day Care, so I went there and boxed him again. The box rejected her Pokeball and spat it back out.

What the hell. I was about to just leave it, when the Day Care Lady suggested I leave Invincible with her. I wasn't in the mood to hear her creepy obsession with breeding, so I just went outside and handed Invincible to the old man. I went back in to pay the old lady, and then I went out to check on De Sade.

Fantastic.

Must be only room for one pinkish blob thing in this world. Ah well. Nothing to worry about.
    I went out to train some more, but Poseidon and Algernon were both big letdowns. Poseidon didn't do anything more than just flop around, and Algernon barely got one attack off before a Rattata nearly killed him. Stoney stepped in to save them. No way we were going to continue this. To the gym!

Alright Carlos, let's get this over with. If you want to lie down on the ground and pretend you just got your ass kicked, we could make this much faster.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that someone else beat you. Still, it's a bit of a shock to think that a Gym Leader might be halfway competant.

I'm looking at your failure, stupid.

You mean I missed someone else doing it? Damn. Need to get here faster next time.

Okay champ. Whatever helps you get through the day.

Yeah, whatever. Move aside, peon.

...Oh gawd. I feel like I've been hit with twenty tons of raw estrogen. What the hell is this place?

I wouldn't mind being taken down by you, beautiful.

Then why do we have to battle? Trust me, I'm a far better kisser than Pokemon trainer.

I can only think of one situation where I'd like to push you over.

...I can't figure out how to make this an innuendo-laden pickup line.

Alright. Whitney, I'm here to chal-

...I know who you are.

How old are you? No, it's not what you think, this isn't a perverted question, I'm just wondering how I'm supposed to take a 16 year old girl seriously.

Well, you beat Carlos, so I suppose you can't be a total moron.

The fact that you dress like a Catholic schoolgirl only makes this more awkward.

(Refer to Bonus Chapter 3)

Um...

What.

...I'm sorry? How am I supposed to respond to this? I want my damn badge!

I repeat. How am I supposed to take this seriously?

Well, actually...YES!

Gawd, this is absurd.

That was stupid and a waste of my time.

At least some things don't ever change. Isn't that right, Ripper?
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Bugbear in the Playground

In order, I told you about Stairways, bro, Algernon is the best nickname for a Pikachu I've ever heard, if Carlos ends up becoming the Elite Four Champion I fear I may cry, and "I can tell you something else that's strong and cute."

Avatar and sig-banner by Mr_Saturn.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Troll in the Playground

Bonus Chapter 3
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ha. Like, you laugh now, but I'll show you what being a Pokemon Trainer, like, really means.
    I don't know if that sentence could've been any dumber. Just shut up and battle me. Stoney, let's do this!
    Fine with me. Go Clefairy!
    ---Pokemon Speech---
    I'm going to beat you down.
    If you say so. I don't think you stand a chance against little ole' me though.
    MAGNITUDE! HUAH!
    Oh...ouch...that was a mean attack! Pokemon battles shouldn't be mean. Here, listen to my song!
    Huh? What, no I..zzz
    ---Pokemon Speech---
    ...Uh...I...Murderface, get in there and show that Clefairy how it's done.
    ---Pokemon Speech---
    I'm going to MURDER you! I'm going to rip your flesh apart with my powerful jaws, and drink your blood until nothing is left!
    Ah ah ah! That's not very nice.
    Ah...What are you doing? Where did this snow come from? Wait, how did y-
    Murderface was frozen solid!
    ---Pokemon Speech---
    LOL! So funny! I bet you like, totally didn't see that coming, did you?
    Ugh, you're all embarrassments. Ripper, go show them how you fight.
    ---Pokemon Speech---
    Alright! I'm here to fight!
    Hm. Well aren't you a cutie?
    I...ah...I shouldn't be talking to you! I'm a fighter! Feel my claws!
    Ow...That hurt, you brute! I think I'm about to cry...
    Ah...no, don't do that. I'm sorry, it's just a battle, you know? I mean, I...
    Foe Clefairy's Cute Charm made Ripper fall in love with Clefairy!
    Ah...What should I do? I need to win, for Janick, but...I can't hurt Clefairy...she's so frail...
    Yes Ripper...just listen to my song.
    I...ugh...zzzz
    Ha! Doubleslap! Doubleslap! Doubleslap!
    Ugh...my head is killing me...
    Oh sweetie...you're up...
    What's going on? What happened?
    Oh nothing. You know darling, you don't have to fight for that nasty boy of yours. You could give up right now, and come stay with Whitney. She's a lovely trainer. She never makes us work hard, or run around, or wallow in the dirty.
    I...I don't think I should. Janick is my friend. He's my trainer. I need to be with him...
    But he doesn't treat you very nicely. Come with us, darling, it's so much nicer.
    No. No, I won't. I'm loyal to Janick!
    I see...Then I'm afraid I'll have to beat you. Doubleslap!
    My claws are more powerful than your palms!
    Critical Hit!
    Foe Clefairy fainted!
    ---Pokemon Speech---
    Ha! What do you think of that, Whitney?
    Hmph. I think you're like, still going to lose. Miltank, go!
    ---Pokemon Speech---
    So, you're the next challenger, huh?
    Yes I am! Water Gun!
    Listen to me, dear, I've been around a lot longer than you, and that's not going to do anything to me. Stomp!
    Ugh...I...
    Ripper fainted!
    ---Pokemon Speech---
    Dammit Ripper. Stoney, you'd better wake up soon!
    ---Pokemon Speech---
    Zzzzzz
    Stomp! Stomp! Stomp!
    Ugh...I feel hungover...Oh, a new battler. Magnitude!
    Ouch. Why are we fighting? Come on, really? I mean, look at yourself, and look at me. You're so handsome, and I'm so beautiful...We could go great together. You don't really want to fight me, do you?
    Uh...um...I guess not...
    Foe Miltank's Attract caused Stoney to fall in love!
    That's a good boy. I like a little kink with my boys now and again, so just try to ignore the pain, alright? Stomp!
    It doesn't hurt that bad, really...
    ---Pokemon Speech---
    For the love of gawd Stoney, you're about to die! Stop sitting there like an idiot and fight!
    Hahahaha. Your Pokemon just can't seem to resist my team's feminine charm.
    You know, for a sixteen year old, you know a lot about being a slut, you know that? Stoney, take this potion!
    ---Pokemon Speech---
    Oh look at that. Your trainer healed you up so you could stay with me a little longer. Wasn't that nice of him? Stomp!
    Yeah, it was.
    Let's keep going, alright? Stomp! Stomp! Stomp!
    ---Pokemon Speech---
    My...Stoney, seriously, attack her! Take this potion! For gawd's sakes!
    ---Pokemon Speech---
    Stomp! Stomp! Stomp! Stomp!
    Ugh...keep...it...coming...
    ---Pokemon Speech---
    Well that was a waste of 2 Super Potions. Stoney, return. Go, Sir Misery!
    ---Pokemon Speech---
    Stomp! Agh, how did I miss? He was sitting right there?
    I'm afraid Stoney has been recalled. I'm your enemy now. Don't try that Attract nonsense on me, I'm immune to such petty mortal attachments. Your Stomp won't do anything to me either, so I advise you not to try it again.
    Oh yeah? Rollout!
    Mm, yes, you can cause me harm. Not anywhere near the amount of harm myself and my companion are about to inflict upon you, however?
    What do...you mean...zzz
    My powers of sorcery should never be discounted in battle, you stupid cow. I'll watch eagerly as my ally rips your flesh.
    Ugh...So...cold...
    Murderface, you sociopathic cretin, attack that sleeping heifer with your Hyper Fang!
    Sh-sh-sure thing b-boss! H-hyper f-f-fang!
    Foe Miltank fainted!
    ---Pokemon Speech---
    Ha! What do you think about me now, Whitney!?

18. - Top - End - #318
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I still maintain that your Slowpoke should be named Zetta.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

19. - Top - End - #319
    Troll in the Playground

Which reminds me. Cast of Characters is semi-updated.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Bugbear in the Playground

'You know for being a sixteen year old, you sure do know alot about being a slut

You've made my day. Well, he and Sir Misery, as always.
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Vespe Ratavo View Post
    Algernon is the best nickname for a Pikachu I've ever heard.
    The story it comes from is kind of depressing, though.
    The distant future:
    "Algernon fainted!"
    "...Somebody, please lay some flowers on Algernon's grave..."
    But I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be his trainer who says that.
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2010-07-15 at 07:23 AM.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    The story it comes from is kind of depressing, though.
    The distant future:
    "Algernon fainted!"
    "...Somebody, please lay some flowers on Algernon's grave..."
    But I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be his trainer who says that.
    Oh yeah? Well I'm going to prove you...probably correct, really.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

I had a thought. How "incomplete" is this hack?

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Troll in the Playground

It doesn't go all the way through the Gold/Silver/Crystal storyline, but my story endpoint is before where it ends.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

So, (I'm guessing) through the Pokemon League, but doesn't send you through Kanto?

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Troll in the Playground

I think the hack actually goes 3 or 4 badges into Kanto.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Barbarian in the Playground

I think you can get like, 5 badges, since these are the places you can't go:
    Pewter
    Pallet
    Viridian
    Cinnabar Island

Edit: Oh, and btw, awesome LP is awesome, give us MOAR of it :D
    Last edited by XiaoTie; 2010-07-15 at 07:41 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Much lulz avatar made by Fayt, and Echowind made the, awesome, always angry William. And the awesome thelizard made the not-right-in-the-head Argile

Giantitp (Unofficial) IRC. Join now !

28. - Top - End - #328
    Troll in the Playground

A walkthrough I read listed you as able to fight Surge, Sabrina, and Misty, but it could be outdated/I could be wrong.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Barbarian in the Playground

Maybe =/
    I just recently (after being inspired by this very LP) played a Hard Mode run of Shinny Gold, and I was able to get the Soul and Rainbow badges as well
    Spoiler
    Show

Much lulz avatar made by Fayt, and Echowind made the, awesome, always angry William. And the awesome thelizard made the not-right-in-the-head Argile

Giantitp (Unofficial) IRC. Join now !

30. - Top - End - #330
    Orc in the Playground

thog demand moar funny story !!
    Last edited by NecroticPunch; 2010-07-15 at 08:25 AM.

My Creed
    Spoiler
    Show