New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: This isn't your Dad's Childhood! This is Let's Play: Pokemon: Shiny Gold: Hard Mo

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    Your hilarious paraphrasing is no match for Sir Misery's awesome-sauce-ness.

That's a real word and I don't care what you say.
    I won't say anything then... *bludgeons with every dictionary on the planet- twice*
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: This isn't your Dad's Childhood! This is Let's Play: Pokemon: Shiny Gold: Hard Mo

The awesome story of Jannick has inspired me to try this challenge myself.

I can post my own let's play here, but I don't want to be a total copycat. Is there a different pokemon game you'd like to see tried out with this challenge?

3. - Top - End - #123
    Troll in the Playground

It's been a while since I've updated, so I'm just going to give a little summary of the next update as I upload and organize. It's a halfchapter that features Sir Misery doing what he does best. Kick. Ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Question!
    What happens if an HM carrier faints and you can't find a new one? Is the game over?

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SKarious View Post
    Question!
    What happens if an HM carrier faints and you can't find a new one? Is the game over?
    Pretty much. Though that would be a sucky way to end this awesome story.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Pretty much. Though that would be a sucky way to end this awesome story.
    I'm pretty sure that's only a major risk if you wind up without a Water pokemon, as Surf/Whirlpool/Waterfall are the only HMs that are both necessary and can't be learned by more than half the 'mons in the game (seriously, practically anything can learn Cut and Strength.) It'd thoroughly destroy Ripper's moveset, but with the rules modification that the starter can still be used even if it gets fainted the game could continue- Totodile can learn all the necessary HMs on its own.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

Just make sure you stay away from a waterway then, just in case your watermon dies. Then you have an emergency supply of them.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry, just a quick question here. I'm sure the rules of this "Hard mode" is fairly difficult as opposed to the vanilla game, but what keeps you from grinding the hell out of the wilderness until your mons are simply undefeatable?

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cespenar View Post
    Sorry, just a quick question here. I'm sure the rules of this "Hard mode" is fairly difficult as opposed to the vanilla game, but what keeps you from grinding the hell out of the wilderness until your mons are simply undefeatable?
    Boredom? Pride? Insanity?

Technically though, nothing.

All that I say applies only to myself. You author your own actions and choices. I cannot and will not be responsible for you, nor are you for me, regardless of situation or circumstance.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cespenar View Post
    Nothing except the spirit of the rules/the risk that you'll be critted and lose a precious commodity.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

Nothing except the spirit of the rules and nothing else
    Fixed that for you. With Ripper immune to the usual hard mode rules, you can grind to your hearts content as soon as you get the Exp. Share (thus enabling you to level the other mons without putting them at any risk whatsoever).
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Troll in the Playground

...Alright. This is the third time I've attempted to write this damn half chapter, except Photobucket keeps crashing my $%^&ing computer and causing me to lose my progress. Therefore I will be making edits to this post in an attempt to make headway without losing stuff. Expect the full half chapter in twenty minutes or so.

Edit: I'm moving to Flickr. I cannot take this crap anymore. It is literally crashing my internet within 5 minutes of opening the page.
    Last edited by Raistlin1040; 2010-05-25 at 09:49 PM.
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground

Chapter 4.5
    Spoiler
    Show

You may have forgotten me. In my phantasmal form, it may be easy to, as I am not much of a physical creature. I warn you, to underestimate me is a grave mistake, one you may not be able to afford to make. Indeed, for I, the warlock Sir Misery, am a beast of revenge and power, able to destroy those who anger me with a single thought. I will see my revenge come to realization, even if I must humor this useless trainer for a while. Janick's incompetance is only a minor setback, however, and I

Ah! A rat! Flee!
    *ahem*
    My apologies. My magic doesn't work on certain creatures, otherwise so banal and dull. My natural instinct to things I cannot kill is to flee.

Though I am loathe to admit it, my energy has drained in my time spent in this form, and I am not as mighty as I once was. Luckily, Janick is a violent young man, a trait I can explot.

His defense against me is a pathetic weed. It's a shame that it's so weak. Killing it would be almost ungentlemanly. Ah well, it's good that I'm no gentleman.

Sleep, little plant. Your death will be as swift as the night, and merciful, like a deathly nightmare.

No child, Sage, but a Warlock. Take heed of my name, for the aura of Sir Misery will haunt you for the rest of your shattered days.

Cling to your false faith if you must, Sage, but no light of yours stands a chance against my unyielding darkness.

Another under-fed flower. Such an unsatisfying victory.

Yes...My power is returning. Slowly, yes, but at least I will again one day command the gods of Shadow themselves.

I have no retort to such idiocy.

Ugh. Who is this red-haired boy? His spirit disgusts me.

Challenge him, Janick, so that I may devour his spirit!

Dammit! You let him escape!

I suppose there are others to defeat, though their souls are not nearly so white.

Damn. Another creature I cannot fight.

At least I can rely on Janick to keep me supplied with stupid Pokemon willing to take my hits for me.

Sage, surrender your Hidden Machine! Grovel quickly, and I might spare your soul the torture I intend to inflict.

...I said silence!

Idiot.

At least I may yet destroy this ancient fool.

Your Pokemon are weak, Li, and have not the strength to war with me!

Damn.

It's times like these that make me grateful for stupid, moving rocks.

Power over Light, hm? Though not my usual area of expertise, what is shadow but the absence of light?

So you hold but half the secret? You are useless, Li. I hope that the great lords of death decide to carry your decayed body from this world soon.

Such technology this time has. Instant teleportation.

I suppose you heard the sage, you idiot. To the gym we must go.

I have the oddest feeling like someone's been talking to me for a while now. Maybe these earbuds weren't the best investment. Ah well, battling to heavy metal kicks ass.

*sigh* I hate technology.
    Last edited by Raistlin1040; 2010-05-25 at 10:31 PM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Firbolg in the Playground

Though I cannot see the pictures, I can say that this latest chapter is awesome. I can just imagine Sir Misery's reign of terror.

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

15. - Top - End - #135
    Troll in the Playground

Sorry, I got messed up by Flickr. Pictures are there now.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Troll in the Playground

Heh. I love Sir Misery.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"Sir Misery learned SPITE." Masterful.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

That rocked. I'm looking forward to Sir Mis evolving

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

Yup, Sir Misery appears to be worth following... So whose Point of view do we get next? Ripper? Stoney? Maybe even that Janick bloke if we really must...
    Part of YugiohITP

20. - Top - End - #140
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mercenary Pen View Post
    Yup, Sir Misery appears to be worth following... So whose Point of view do we get next? Ripper? Stoney? Maybe even that Janick bloke if we really must...
    That Janick guy is such an unimportant character. Why's he in this LP anyways?
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

21. - Top - End - #141

RogueGuy

I demand more Bella!
    R.I.P. Wrecan, he was a true organizer and a gentleman.

22. - Top - End - #142

Quote Originally Posted by Mercenary Pen View Post
    Chapter 4.75
    Spoiler
    Show

Rip! Rip rip rip rip, rip rip rip. Rip rip rip rip! Rip rip rip rip? Rip! Rip rip rip rip. Rip rip rip rip rip. Rip rip. Rip! Rip rip? Rip!

Avatar and sig-banner by Mr_Saturn.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Troll in the Playground

Stoooooooooooooone.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

It's a shame Sir Misery can't fight Hoothoots. Because, clearly the next Pokémon fought, Misery would just have to say...
    "Your doom shall be swift and silent...Like the Hoothoot..."
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

25. - Top - End - #145
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vespe Ratavo View Post
    Chapter 4.75
    Spoiler
    Show

Rip! Rip rip rip rip, rip rip rip. Rip rip rip rip! Rip rip rip rip? Rip! Rip rip rip rip. Rip rip rip rip rip. Rip rip. Rip! Rip rip? Rip!

Well at least in a few dozen levels this will be replaced by the overwhelming desire to destroy Tokyo.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

26. - Top - End - #146
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vespe Ratavo View Post
    Chapter 4.75
    Spoiler
    Show

Part of YugiohITP

27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground

Chapter 5
    Spoiler
    Show

Alright, so I'm off to the gym to go kick some ass and get a badge. This is going to be a piece of cake.

Just a kiss for good luck first.
    Or not.

Wait, who are you?

No seriously, who the hell are you? Have we met?

You can't be my rival, because my rival would have some sort of personality.

No Sir Mis, let Stoney handle this one.

There we are.

Yeah, you're also not good enough to be my rival.

Case in point.

Oh! I remember you now. You're the guy whose I destroyed back in New Bark Town!

I guess if you're gunning for a repeat of last time...

...Nice.

Are you sure you don't want to just give up? I mean, I am crushing you pretty easily.

...Dammit.

There we go.

Okay, so you do have a personality. Your personality is "idiot". Good to know.

If you say so. I guess if you have nothing better to do than run around and challenge me to battles, and then lose, that's fine.

No thanks, I'm good.

I actually said no thanks, but obviously you're a moron.

Are you even listening to what I'm saying to you?

I knew this. I also have no grass types. Thank you for being useless.

And we're back at the Pokemon Center. I think I'm going to try and train up Bela before going back to the Gym. He's lacking.

This Pidgey nearly killed Bela. *sigh*

Since Bela apparently can't handle anything that's not a scrawny bug or a weed, run away is Plan A.

...KILL IT!
    Oh. Right. You suck Bela. You will get your ass handed to you. Fine.

And we're running...

And we're running...

And we're done here. Sorry Bela. I know it sucks to be the worst Pokemon on my team, but hey, you're used to it, right?

Alright, let's try this for real now.

Did you not see me beat the guy with the blue turtle thing like, a half hour ago?

I would like to point out that your haircut is stupid.

Yeah, this isn't going to be very hard.

This would probably be more useful if we actually carried around extra rocks.

Do not make me throw this rock at your face, sir.

You're running around with one really crappy Pokemon. What do you expect?

Yes. Your Pokemon's. On the floor.

And how's that working out for you?

You are such a waste of time.

...Where did he get those rocks from?

I take it you're the Gym Leader?

That's what I just asked.

You know what I found out works just as well? A bigass rock thrown at their head.

They suck.

I'm going to be honest. Your bird fetish is kind of creeping me out.

I ask this because I'm curious. Does your mother still dress you?

Right. Because this was going to be a hard battle.

Maybe he like, breaks off part of his arm or something...

As long as it takes out the other guy, I guess.

Huh. This one looks kind of badass, actually.

Never judge a Pokemon by its awesome hair.

So wait. You're telling me you didn't even catch these Pokemon yourself? Who thought making you Gym Leader was a good idea?

I would feel like I accomplished something if you weren't such a terrible trainer.

Sounds pretty cool.

And instantly not.

I know what it does. You used it on me.

I can't stand to be in a room with you anymore. I'm leaving.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

Destiny Red in effect. I like it.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground

Destiny Red?

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin1040 View Post
    Destiny Red?
    Spam Forever.