New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: This isn't your Dad's Childhood! This is Let's Play: Pokemon: Shiny Gold: Hard Mo

Murderface, commence killing spree!
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: This isn't your Dad's Childhood! This is Let's Play: Pokemon: Shiny Gold: Hard Mo

Two chapters in one night? I am impress. And Murderface seems to be living up to his name. In that he murders people. With his face.

Avatar and sig-banner by Mr_Saturn.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

Holy pokeballs!! Ripper was so badass he evolved and found a white shirt, just so he could rip it to pieces.

I approve.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Troll in the Playground

Bonus Chapter 2
    Spoiler
    Show
    Come on Bugsy! I'm sick of this town already, so let me take your badge so I can leave.
    Do not underestimate my bugs! They will tear you limb from limb and assimilate you into the Hive!
    That is freaky. Go, Ripper!
    Metapod! Show him what ture strength looks like!

---Pokemon Speech---
    Alright, I'm ready, let's do this.
    Surrender, Totodile, or I will be forced to batter you into unconsciousness!
    I'll never give up! Water Gun!
    Critical Hit!
    String Shot! Your Water Gun is strong...but I know something you don't know...
    What's that?
    LEADER Bugsy used a Super Potion!
    My trainer actually cares about me enough to heal me!
    Janick cares about me too! RAGE!
    Ripper's Rage is Building!
    Hahaha. I've still got some strength left! Tackle!
    If that's your idea of a finishing move, you've got another thing coming. Scratch!
    Critical Hit!
    Tackle!
    Critical Hit!
    You won't beat me! Scratch!
    Metapod fainted.

---Pokemon Speech---

Dammit! Go, Kakuna!
    Good plan Bugsy! Follow a useless shell Pokemon with a useless shell Pokemon. Come on Ripper, you've got this!

---Pokemon Speech---

So, you're my enemy.
    I guess I am.
    There are no friends on the field of battle. I've heard of you, and your trainer.
    How?
    My son killed your comrade. Bug, a Ledyba.
    You...Bug was my friend!
    Then let's stop with the niceties and fight.Water Gun!
    Your attacks can't pierce my thick hide. Harden!I will take you down! For Bug! Rage!
    Poison Sting!
    Water Gun!
    Good...You have won...I submit willingly.
    Kakuna fainted.

---Pokemon Speech---

UGH! Go, Scyther! Finish this battle!
    Hang in there Ripper!

---Pokemon Speech---

I will delight in ripping you in two, little blue worm. Kakuna and Metapod are paltry maggots next to me.
    I'll win this battle, even if it takes everything I have!
    But look at you now. Wounded by Metapod and Kakuna, slowed by strings that trap you. Leer!
    Water Gun! I'm still up and fighting, aren't it?
    For now...But now that your defenses are weakened, perhaps not for much longer. Quick Attack!
    Agh! Scratch!
    It hurts, doesn't it? Wallowing in your own failure? Let this be a lesson to you about fighting. The strongest fighter always wins. Always. Quick Attack!
    Critical Hit!
    Agh! Water Gun!

---Pokemon Speech---

Look at that Janick. Your precious Totodile can't handly my Scyther.
    Can it, Brundlefly. I'm about to kick your ass. Ripper, return! Go, Sir Misery!

---Pokemon Speech---

Quick Attack! What? Where'd he go?
    I'm afraid, my friend, that Ripper has taken a leave of absence, and I've been assigned as his replacement.
    Show yourself! Where are you?!
    I'm right here, my aggressive little arthropod.
    Fury Cutter!
    Hahaha. Your attacks are pathetically weak. Feel true power! Watch, as my spell renders you harmless. Hypnosis!
    Now to attack with my own moves.
    Hm. It seems like my attacks aren't strong against his hard exoskeleton. Janick! Give Ripper a potion!

I feel better. What do you need me to do?
    Finish off that Scyther. He's asleep for now, but he'll wake soon.
    Scratch!
    You foolish alligator! You returned? To fight ME? You were better off hiding behind your trainer while I fought the ghost. Quick Attack!
    Ugh. Sir Misery, I don't know if I can take another hit.
    Harness your power, you insufferable cretin! Focus! Hone your strength and finish him! Collect your anger, channel your hatred, and Win. The. Battle!
    I understand.
    What's the matter? Have I paralyzed you with fear?
    Water Gun!
    Scyther fainted.
    Sir Misery, I feel strange...I don't know what's happening...I...I...AHHHHHH!
    Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin1040 View Post
    Bonus Chapter 2
    Spoiler
    Show
    Come on Bugsy! I'm sick of this town already, so let me take your badge so I can leave.
    Do not underestimate my bugs! They will tear you limb from limb and assimilate you into the Hive!
    That is freaky. Go, Ripper!
    Metapod! Show him what ture strength looks like!

---Pokemon Speech---
    Alright, I'm ready, let's do this.
    Surrender, Totodile, or I will be forced to batter you into unconsciousness!
    I'll never give up! Water Gun!
    Critical Hit!
    String Shot! Your Water Gun is strong...but I know something you don't know...
    What's that?
    LEADER Bugsy used a Super Potion!
    My trainer actually cares about me enough to heal me!
    Janick cares about me too! RAGE!
    Hahaha. I've still got some strength left! Tackle!
    If that's your idea of a finishing move, you've got another thing coming. Scratch!
    Critical Hit!
    Tackle!
    Critical Hit!
    You won't beat me! Scratch!
    Metapod fainted.

---Pokemon Speech---

Dammit! Go, Kakuna!
    Good plan Bugsy! Follow a useless shell Pokemon with a useless shell Pokemon. Come on Ripper, you've got this!

---Pokemon Speech---

So, you're my enemy.
    I guess I am.
    There are no friends on the field of battle. I've heard of you, and your trainer.
    How?
    My son killed your comrade. Bug, a Ledyba.
    You...Bug was my friend!
    Then let's stop with the niceties and fight.Water Gun!
    Your attacks can't pierce my thick hide. Harden!I will take you down! For Bug! Rage!
    Poison Sting!
    Water Gun!
    Good...You have won...I submit willingly.
    Kakuna fainted.

---Pokemon Speech---

UGH! Go, Scyther! Finish this battle!
    Hang in there Ripper!

---Pokemon Speech---

I will delight in ripping you in two, little blue worm. Kakuna and Metapod are paltry maggots next to me.
    I'll win this battle, even if it takes everything I have!
    But look at you now. Wounded by Metapod and Kakuna, slowed by strings that trap you. Leer!
    Water Gun! I'm still up and fighting, aren't it?
    For now...But now that your defenses are weakened, perhaps not for much longer. Quick Attack!
    Agh! Scratch!
    It hurts, doesn't it? Wallowing in your own failure? Let this be a lesson to you about fighting. The strongest fighter always wins. Always. Quick Attack!
    Critical Hit!
    Agh! Water Gun!

---Pokemon Speech---

Look at that Janick. Your precious Totodile can't handly my Scyther.
    Can it, Brundlefly. I'm about to kick your ass. Ripper, return! Go, Sir Misery!

---Pokemon Speech---

Quick Attack! What? Where'd he go?
    I'm afraid, my friend, that Ripper has taken a leave of absence, and I've been assigned as his replacement.
    Show yourself! Where are you?!
    I'm right here, my aggressive little arthropod.
    Fury Cutter!
    Hahaha. Your attacks are pathetically weak. Feel true power! Watch, as my spell renders you harmless. Hypnosis!
    Now to attack with my own moves.
    Hm. It seems like my attacks aren't strong against his hard exoskeleton. Janick! Give Ripper a potion!

I feel better. What do you need me to do?
    Finish off that Scyther. He's asleep for now, but he'll wake soon.
    Scratch!
    You foolish alligator! You returned? To fight ME? You were better off hiding behind your trainer while I fought the ghost. Quick Attack!
    Ugh. Sir Misery, I don't know if I can take another hit.
    Harness your power, you insufferable cretin! Focus! Hone your strength and finish him! Collect your anger, channel your hatred, and Win. The. Battle!
    I understand.
    What's the matter? Have I paralyzed you with fear?
    Water Gun!
    Scyther fainted.
    Sir Misery, I feel strange...I don't know what's happening...I...I...AHHHHHH!
    Just as a note, the Lime Green you used for Scyther's text here doesn't seem to work too well inside a spoiler. Other than that, good job.
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Troll in the Playground

Chapter 11
    Spoiler
    Show

HA! I feel good! Na na na na na na na! I knew that I would, yeah!

Damn. Can you say Buzzkill?

Is it true what they're saying? Team Rocket is back?
    Oh, those guys? Yeah, I took care of them.
    ...What do you mean, took care of them?
    Well I beat them at the Slowpoke Well. There were like, four of them. I'm pretty sure they know not to mess with me now.
    Janick! This is something bigger than you and me! Team Rocket is a serious threat to the world of Pokemon! You can't just leave them to their own devices and beat them when they show up! You need to take the initiative and go after them!
    Hey, look at me, look at me. How many badges to you have?
    Well, two, but-
    That's how many I have. I'm your rival. Team Rocket is a nonissue. Forget about them, and get badges so that you can ultimately beat me or whatever.
    No! I'm not selfish like you! Pokemon are supposed to protect people, and if no one else is going to try and stop Team Rocket, I'll do it myself!
    Alright Adrian. battle me first though, alright? My team is itching for a fight.

Sir Misery, what the hell is this?
    I am not the only Sorcerer of my time to have been cursed, Janick. Fear not, this one cannot stand up to my powers!

Yes...My focus has returned! I can cast one of my old spells again!

Ha! Feel the power of my mighty Night Shade!

Well that's great, but Adrian's Bayleef is going to beat you into nothing, so I'm pulling you. Go, Ripper!

Rip rip!
    Baaaaaayleef!
    Riiiip!
    Ripper, stop consorting with the enemy!

...What the hell is this garbage!? Come on Murderface, take out that plant.

Alright Murderface! Finish it off! Go for...the...throat?
    Adrian, what the hell are you doing? You can't interrupt a Pokemon battle.

Call off your Rattata! I surrender! Just call it off!
    This is how Pokemon battles work, idiot! The strong Pokemon win and the weak Pokemon lose! Look what you did to Murderface! He's all freaked out and confused and...Murderface? MURDERFACE!
    MURDER...FACE!!!
    AGH!
    Murderface! Get off of him! He's not a Pokemon you moron!
    Murder! Murder!
    Murderface, Return! Dammit Adrian, that looks like it hurts! Come on, we'll get you to a doctor.
    No...I'm fine. How's Bayleef?
    Ah...He's alright. You should really get that arm looked at...He bit you really hard...
    No, I'll see you later Janick. Bye.

He grabbed his Bayleef and ran off, flailing in his pockets for Potions. I decided to look at my own team. Adrian is kind of a soft idiot, so he would never let his team kill someone. Ripper was fine.

However, he is in BIG TROUBLE, for failing to beat Bayleef. So for now he's going to sit in the Box and think about what he's done. Or failed to do.

Also I caught a worm. I'm starting to think my "Name them something Awesome, and they'll be awesome" strategy isn't working out so well, considering Ripper is a wuss. Ah well. Maybe if I yell his name on the battlefield, the other trainers will be momentarily confused.

You know, I'm actually pretty hungry...Oh look. A wild Turkey thing.
    What happened next can only be described as a chase scene out of Scooby Doo. After a half hour of running around, I finally caught up with the turkey thing.

...Right when he ran into two other guys. Screw my luck. However, they gave me another HM, so there is that, I suppose.

I taught it to Ivy2, since she doesn't really have any good moves.

Alright, Route 34. On my way to the big city. Nothing's going to stop me now!

Except this guy.

And those people. Alright, now that that's over...

Nothing officer, I'm just a Pokemon Trainer...trying to get to the city...nothing more than that...I swear...

"A Pokemon Trainer? Why, SO AM I! Let's have a battle!"
    ...Sure...

Murderface, I swear, if you attack the Policeman like you attacked Adrian...

Thank you officer. We'll just be on our way now...

"Hey wait! Is that...blood on your Rattata's mouth?"
    Ah...No, um...It's ketchup. We stopped for burgers on the way here...He's a messy eater you see...

Whew. You, Murderface, are going to end up getting me in a lot of trouble.

Not really, kid. Murderface, take care of this.

Huh. Weird. How did he get my number?
    Yeah 'lo. This is Janick.

This is Adrian. I just wanted to check and see if you're still working on getting badges?
    Duh.
    Okay, well I'm going after Team Rocket. Watch out in Goldenrod City. I think they might be planning to take over the Radio Tower or something.
    Riiiiight. How's your arm?
    What...I...It's fine, I got it all bandaged and-Then my conscience is appeased. Later, jerk.
    I hung up.

Alright. Here I am. Goldenrod City.

As a note, I've made another modification to the Hard Mode rules. Mostly because I ran around Route 34 for ten minutes and the ONLY things that came at me were Pidgeys, Ratattas, and Zubats. If I've caught something in-game already, I'm not catching it again, and I will catch the next thing I see that I've not caught. If I can't find anything I haven't caught before, I don't catch anything on the Route. But I am NOT running around with a 2nd Murderface.
    Last edited by Raistlin1040; 2010-06-30 at 02:03 PM.
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

I fear how Jannik will react to Togepi popping out of that egg
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew

8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground

The Egg is still in the box. I left it in when I put in Ripper, so I was running around with 5, hoping to get something in the Forest. As it were, I captured Billy Idol, so that's cool.

9. - Top - End - #219

Is Billy Idol's special ability that no other Pokemon can use moves that end with Dance while he's out?

...shush. I'm trying.

Avatar and sig-banner by Mr_Saturn.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

You should have continued your pokemon blue LP instead... It was hilarious and I'm mad at you, Vespe.
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Poor Ripper. Janick doesn't give a fig for type matchups, does he?

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground

OOC, I had nothing else to use. Stoney would've gone out like THAT, Sir Misery was hurt, Murderface has no Defense at all, and Invincible and Ivy2 aren't leveled enough. I actually hoped I could get a lucky crit and win. Luckily, he only used Leer when Murderface was in.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I thought when Pokémon were given nicknames, they still only say their own species like normal.

Still, Murderface saying "Murder! Murder!" everytime he looks at...Well, anything, is pretty chilling.

Also, the rules for Hard Mode don't exactly disallow Grindan Time. So, being underlevelled isn't an excuse.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2010-06-30 at 08:38 PM.
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

14. - Top - End - #224
    Troll in the Playground

They do. I've always thought the "Only able to say their own name" thing didn't make sense. They understand English, so it's not for lack of knowledge. They can form a Human word perfectly (Their name), but somehow it changes when they evolve (which changes their name). I'm lampshading it by having them say their nickname.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

OOC, I had nothing else to use. Stoney would've gone out like THAT, Sir Misery was hurt, Murderface has no Defense at all, and Invincible and Ivy2 aren't leveled enough. I actually hoped I could get a lucky crit and win. Luckily, he only used Leer when Murderface was in.
    That makes sense. Especially with no Ice Fang in this game.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

Plus Meowth could talk, so they definitely have the ability to speak Humanese is they put their mind to it.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

Please don't him talk if you get a Meowth... He won't learn pay day that way!
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    Plus Meowth could talk, so they definitely have the ability to speak Humanese is they put their mind to it.
    One Meowth can talk. And he's the exception to the rule. And he can't even learn Pay Day.

EDIT: Bulbapedia tells me there are a bunch of Pokémon who can speak. But, they're all pretty extraordinary and/or psychic. Murderface must be one of the special ones.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2010-07-01 at 04:01 AM.
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    One Meowth can talk. And he's the exception to the rule. And he can't even learn Pay Day.
    Well of course, the ability to communicate in Humanese requires you to have a true desire to become Human, something most Pokemon do not have (why would you when you can blow stuff up with your breath after all).

Why doesn't Meowth catch his own Pokemon? It's not like he minds Pokemon being kept in Pokeballs.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Troll in the Playground

If Murderface had opposable thumbs, he could use guns.

Imagine the possibilities.

For the record, guys, Ripper has been saying his name since like, the second chapter.
    Last edited by Raistlin1040; 2010-07-01 at 04:16 AM.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

For the record, guys, Ripper has been saying his name since like, the second chapter.
    *facepalm*

Of course 'Rip! Rip!' just doesn't have the chilling, awesomitude of 'Murder, Murder!'

"Hey, Murderface, how come you can say your own name?"
    "Murder!"
    "Alright, Murderface...I'm backing away. You like the Pokéball? You like the 'ball? Huh?"
    "Murder, Murder."
    "Back, Murderface, get back! Okay, I don't care anymore. Say whatever you want. You don't have to go back in the 'ball just calm down. It's me buddy, remember me?"
    "MURDER!"
    "Aaargh!"
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2010-07-01 at 04:39 AM.
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

22. - Top - End - #232
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

I thought someone had pointed that out a long time ago. I guess not?

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Murderface is one mean and serious ratatta. I didn't know they could be so useful.
    Maybe I should try training one.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SKarious View Post
    Murderface is one mean and serious ratatta. I didn't know they could be so useful.
    Maybe I should try training one.
    If done right they can be useful. There's a reason all the in-game superpowers use them: Team Rocket, Joey, assorted children

Seriously though, they are pretty sweet if you can be patient and not replace them with something fancier.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Troll in the Playground

If done right they can be useful. There's a reason all the in-game superpowers use them: Team Rocket, Joey, assorted children

Seriously though, they are pretty sweet if you can be patient and not replace them with something fancier.
    I thought Team Rocket just had a fetish for purple Pokemon?

Rattata
    Koffing/Weezing
    Ekans/Arbok

etc.
    Mega-tar by AlterForm. Power Up!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyk View Post
    I've always considered breakfast to be evil. Looking at me with it's bacon-smile, and it's sunny-side-up eyes. I know it's plotting something.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    ..thank you, Deth Muncher. My life is richer for being aware of this. And weirder. ("You destroyed my friends! I will have my vengeance! Face the fury of my pelvic thrusts!" "Oh yeah? LAZOR!")
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    You all are a terrible species. I'm going back to my fortress of misanthropy now.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    I thought Team Rocket just had a fetish for purple Pokemon?

Rattata
    Koffing/Weezing
    Ekans/Arbok

etc.
    You missed Zubat/Golbat.

They also use Raticate and Slowpoke though, non-purples.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
    You missed Zubat/Golbat.

They also use Raticate and Slowpoke though, non-purples.
    Eh, they used Raticate because it evolves from a purplemon, and they used Slowpoke because they were stealing their tails (as this LP has detailed for us). I wave my hand at your frippery.
    Mega-tar by AlterForm. Power Up!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyk View Post
    I've always considered breakfast to be evil. Looking at me with it's bacon-smile, and it's sunny-side-up eyes. I know it's plotting something.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    ..thank you, Deth Muncher. My life is richer for being aware of this. And weirder. ("You destroyed my friends! I will have my vengeance! Face the fury of my pelvic thrusts!" "Oh yeah? LAZOR!")
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    You all are a terrible species. I'm going back to my fortress of misanthropy now.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

They use Raticate because they aren't aware that they can press B to cancel evolution. Probably because they can't read all those meta-gamy signs...

Didn't they use slowpokes only in the cave, eating their tails?

Thinking about those signs... What gives? Who is the idiot that put up all those signs anyway? That's all that interests the world? Why do you have to travel everywhere to read it? Can't they just sell a pokemon faq and put up signs that actually mean something? Or advertise...

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    They use Raticate because they aren't aware that they can press B to cancel evolution. Probably because they can't read all those meta-gamy signs...

Didn't they use slowpokes only in the cave, eating their tails?

Thinking about those signs... What gives? Who is the idiot that put up all those signs anyway? That's all that interests the world? Why do you have to travel everywhere to read it? Can't they just sell a pokemon faq and put up signs that actually mean something? Or advertise...
    Advertising implies there is anything to sell other than Pokemart items and food.

Which there isn't.

30. - Top - End - #240

THE F.E.A.R. THE F.E.A.R.! WHY GOD WHY!? I JUST WANT TO BE ABLE TO ATTACK IN PEACE!