New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Planetar

Default Batgirl v. Batgirl?!

Nope, I don't mean the old Barbara Gordon Batgirl versus the new um, what's her name Batgirl. I mean that I'm watching the movie Bats starting Dina Meyer as a professor of zoology specialzing in bats, and remembering that she also stared as Oracle ie Barbara Gordon ie former Batgirl in the short-lived tv show, Birds of Prey. So that's Dina Meyers as two different Batgirls! :D
    Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

The irony is that my favorite colors are black and red, and I almost always play chaotic good characters.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Batgirl v. Batgirl?!

depends if batman interveens.
    I joined the Roy Fan Club and all I got was this lousy smiley.

Spoiler
    Show
    Taruk Dark-Wind, Half-Orc Barbarian/Monk by Tired N' Drowzy
    Spoiler
    Show
    HOMM V Knight by Tomb Raven
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dark Knight done up by Ink

3. - Top - End - #3

Planetar

I must say that this movie is pretty much like every other monsterized-animal/disaster movie that Sci Fi shows on Saturday nights: pretty poor. Not even Dina Meyer and Lou Diamond Philips can save this sad script. :(

The irony is that my favorite colors are black and red, and I almost always play chaotic good characters.

4. - Top - End - #4

Quote Originally Posted by Advanced Tactics
    depends if batman interveens.
    Actually, I think he'd just watch. ;)

"Bat fight!!"
    Awesome avatar by potatocubed.

5. - Top - End - #5

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blinky

Actually, I think he'd just watch. ;)

"Bat fight!!"
    LOL. Actually there's no match. Dina Meyer as Oracle could win even though she's confined to a wheelchair. This Bats movie has four scientists, with three specialized in bats, the movie has run for an hour and 20 minutes and yet not a single one of them has suggested using sound to disorient the bats. (Actually the scientist who created the advanced, intelligent, omnivorous bats has been secretly working against them, but Dina Meyers as Oracle would have figured out the sonic thing in like the first 5 minutes.)

Ok, 90 minutes into the 120-movie, and nobody's thought of using sound, and the bats came and killed their evil scientist creator. I mean he sort of had it coming, but the movie is so weaky written that I can't even get into his having it coming.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Batgirl v. Batgirl

Could we bring in Dr. Kurt Langstrom on this? I mean, as a Chiroptera expert, he's probably have figured out the sonic thing fairly fast, and I've always wanted to see Man-Bat vs. Batgirl. ;D

Kim Possible's biggest fan!

A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do. --Bob Dylan

7. - Top - End - #7

Planetar

Default Re: Batgirl v. Batgirl

Quote Originally Posted by Haggis_McCrablice
    Could we bring in Dr. Kurt Langstrom on this? I mean, as a Chiroptera expert, he's probably have figured out the sonic thing fairly fast, and I've always wanted to see Man-Bat vs. Batgirl. ;D
    Yeah, you know, I was thinking about starting a Batman v. Manbat thread. How about Batgirl v. Manbat indeed?!

8. - Top - End - #8
    DeathQuaker
    Guest in the Playground

(I am discussing Comics Oracle for most of this, though TV Oracle has similar skill set, so...)

Oracle vs. Bat-Scientist: Oracle would win; is probably smarter and has more degrees for one thing. Second of all, probably hacks Bat-Scientist's computer and stealsdeletes Bat-Scientist's groundbreaking research paper, causing Bat-Scientist to crumble into quivering wreck. And if it comes to hand to hand, Bat-Scientist probably has no training, so will find herself pinned to wall by escrima sticks or zotted by the taser fitted into Oracle's chair.

Oracle vs. Batgirl II (Cassandra Cain): In hand to hand, Cass would destroy Barbara, though Barbara might be able to pull together some psychological warfare things that would help. Or she jumps up all her clocktower defenses so Cass can't get to her (but Cass could probably beat those in time).

Oracle (Babs Gordon) vs Batgirl I (Babs Gordon the Younger): Oracle would win because she's wiser and more experienced and Batgirl wouldn't want to fight a woman in a wheelchair anyway. And Oracle is a much better hero anyway.

Batgirl (Babs Gordon) vs Man-Bat: Probably Man-Bat, not sure about that.

Batgirl (Cassie Cain) vs Man-bat: Probably Cassie. She gave Lady Shiva a fair licking; I doubt I psycho with wings will cause her much trouble.

Oracle vs Batman: Likely Batman, though Oracle at least gave him a good dressing down a few issues of the comic ago.

Comics Oracle vs TV Oracle: Comics Oracle proves to TV Oracle she was in an inferior series with poor writing, and demonstrates that she has much cooler and much better allies. Then hacks TV Oracle's batgirl-cyber spine and makes TV Oracle do a little dance.

(Not a fangirl. No not me. ;) )

9. - Top - End - #9

Bats sounds like a cool movie. Channel, time, cinema?
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Chumleigh View Post
    Oh.
    Oh, my.
    You just earned seventeen cool points by my reckoning. And I'm so sigging that.
    Cheers,
    --Count Chumleigh

10. - Top - End - #10

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by DeathQuaker
    (I am discussing Comics Oracle for most of this, though TV Oracle has similar skill set, so...)

Oracle vs. Bat-Scientist: Oracle would win; is probably smarter and has more degrees for one thing. Second of all, probably hacks Bat-Scientist's computer and stealsdeletes Bat-Scientist's groundbreaking research paper, causing Bat-Scientist to crumble into quivering wreck. And if it comes to hand to hand, Bat-Scientist probably has no training, so will find herself pinned to wall by escrima sticks or zotted by the taser fitted into Oracle's chair.

Oracle vs. Batgirl II (Cassandra Cain): In hand to hand, Cass would destroy Barbara, though Barbara might be able to pull together some psychological warfare things that would help. Or she jumps up all her clocktower defenses so Cass can't get to her (but Cass could probably beat those in time).

Oracle (Babs Gordon) vs Batgirl I (Babs Gordon the Younger): Oracle would win because she's wiser and more experienced and Batgirl wouldn't want to fight a woman in a wheelchair anyway. And Oracle is a much better hero anyway.

Batgirl (Babs Gordon) vs Man-Bat: Probably Man-Bat, not sure about that.

Batgirl (Cassie Cain) vs Man-bat: Probably Cassie. She gave Lady Shiva a fair licking; I doubt I psycho with wings will cause her much trouble.

Oracle vs Batman: Likely Batman, though Oracle at least gave him a good dressing down a few issues of the comic ago.

Comics Oracle vs TV Oracle: Comics Oracle proves to TV Oracle she was in an inferior series with poor writing, and demonstrates that she has much cooler and much better allies. Then hacks TV Oracle's batgirl-cyber spine and makes TV Oracle do a little dance.

(Not a fangirl. No not me. ;) )
    Wow, nobody can accuse you of not being thorough!

In defense of the Bat-professor I have to say that she was a very hands-on type, so deleting a research paper certainly wouldn't hurt her. It was still such a bad movie that I didn't even watch the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Were-Sandwich
    Bats sounds like a cool movie. Channel, time, cinema?
    Were-Sandwich, I hardly recognized you with your new avatar. Sci Fi showed Bats last night, and according to Yahoo TV there are no other showings scheduled.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialStick
    This Bats movie has four scientists, with three specialized in bats, the movie has run for an hour and 20 minutes and yet not a single one of them has suggested using sound to disorient the bats. (Actually the scientist who created the advanced, intelligent, omnivorous bats has been secretly working against them, but Dina Meyers as Oracle would have figured out the sonic thing in like the first 5 minutes.)

Ok, 90 minutes into the 120-movie, and nobody's thought of using sound, and the bats came and killed their evil scientist creator. I mean he sort of had it coming, but the movie is so weaky written that I can't even get into his having it coming.
    This reminds me of watching the Daredevil movie.

I kept expecting Daredevil to realize that breaking the lights in the area he was fighting in would put the combatant who didn't need to see at a huge advantage, but no.

12. - Top - End - #12

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Kish

I kept expecting Daredevil to realize that breaking the lights in the area he was fighting in would put the combatant who didn't need to see at a huge advantage, but no.
    ROFLMAO! Good one, Kish! :D

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kish

Daredevil can't see either...can he?

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by King Steward

Daredevil can't see either...can he?

Daredevil can't see and that's the point. Him breaking all the lights would give him a huge advantage.

Some things are better left in the darkest places...
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Steam

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel Kleyvanacavth

Daredevil can't see and that's the point. Him breaking all the lights would give him a huge advantage.
    Oh, I get it now! For a second I thought that the original post was about his opponent.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Pixie in the Playground

lolz fighting is bat, kids.

((This retarded pun was brought to you by your local grumpy monk trying to make some humour))

17. - Top - End - #17

Planetar

Heh. The movie is long gone (ok, three days gone) but the thread lives on! :D