New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Lesser Planar Ally

Does anyone know of a list of creatures callable with this spell? It looked like someone made a guide on gleemax but now it is gone. Did anyone rescue it or make a similar guide?

I am trying to decide if my Dread Necro should take Arcane Devotee (Lust) (my choices are Evil, Luck, Charm, Domination, Lust, Mind, or Illusion) so I am trying to weigh Lesser Planar Ally vs. the other 3-5th level spells from those domains.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Lesser Planar Ally

Lesser Planar ally is pretty limited. Typically you can use it to call only a single type of being or a very narrow range. So depending on what your DM decides, it's either useful or it ain't.

Lesser Planar Binding is more useful. You can use it to call up things that can cast spells you're not capable of casting or that are not on your list. A Hollyphant, for example, can Raise Dead.
    Ding, You've Got Trophies!
    Spoiler
    Show

Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist but you have ceased to live. - Samuel Clemens

Oh, and DFTBA.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGuy

I can't dispute that. Unfortunately, my choices are limited, and planar binding isn't one of them.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Actually, as a Dread Necromancer, you should have Lesser Planar Binding on your spell list already. The Evil domain has the Magic Circle against Good spell, which will allow you to actually use Lesser Planar Binding.