New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

I hear Water Orcs talked about quite a bit around here. Where can I find them and why are they awesome?

Also, I'm familiar with the wonders of Loredrake Dragonwrought Kobolds, but I see the phrase White Dragonspawn attached to it quite frequently. What is this, and where can I find it?
    Last edited by Yorrin; 2010-05-22 at 05:30 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Water Orc and/or White Dragonspawn [3.5]

Quote Originally Posted by Yorrin View Post
    I hear Water Orcs talked about quite a bit around here. Where can I find them and why are they awesome?
    Unearthed Arcana or SRD, and +2 Con is sweet on brawler chassis. Make 'em Dragonborn for +2 more, and losing Light Sensitivity and gaining goodies (maintaining Swim-speed too); one of the best Dragonborn chassises ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorrin View Post
    Also, I'm familiar with the wonders of Loredrake Dragonwrought Kobolds, but I see the phrase White Dragonspawn attached to it quite frequently. What is this, and where can I find it?
    It's in a Dragonlance book; +1 Template where you are a thrall of a White (+3 for freedom but that's not convenient for optimization purposes). Gives you 1 level of Sorcerer-casting; on Dragonwrought Kobold with Greater Draconic Rite of Passage, Loredrake and level adjustment buyoff, this leads to truly ludicrous amounts of Sorc-casting on top of your levels (+4).
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Water Orc and/or White Dragonspawn [3.5]

Much thanks! I knew I had seen Water Orc in one of my manuals. And the Dragonlance books are some of the few I don't have (yet). Too bad my group doesn't believe in LA buyoff...
    Last edited by Yorrin; 2010-05-22 at 05:29 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: Water Orc and/or White Dragonspawn [3.5] QUESTION ANSWERED!

The White Dragonspawn template is pretty damn good.

+1LA for 1 sorc lvl, +4 stat boost, Natural armor, fly speed, yada-yada

It's a supercharged Sorc lvl.

And did you know? Dragonwrought makes you count for dragon (take white heritage). The white dragon you're a thrall to? It could be yourself.