Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2009

    Default could a "titanic" creature be a usable cohort?

    Well, There's a cohort I want to make but I don't know if a Titanic creature (template from MM2 page 217) Is ever usable as one. I wanted to make something like the Kyuubi from Naruto and can't think of any other way to get a fox (was going to use a wolf's or Dog's stats) to Gargantuan size. (Or would the Kyuubi be colossal?)

    So, is this possible without extreme cheese or should I just give it up? I don't care either way but I figured I'd ask. I don't really know of any other way to do this.

    (Don't have the MM2 right now. If there's something big I'm missing tell me)
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2010-05-22 at 11:14 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Banned
     
    Lycanthromancer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: could a "titanic" creature be a usable cohort?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    Well, There's a cohort I want to make but I don't know if a Titanic creature (template from MM2 page 217) Is ever usable as one. I wanted to make something like the Kyuubi from Naruto and can't think of any other way to get a fox (was going to use a wolf's or Dog's stats) to Gargantuan size. (Or would the Kyuubi be colossal?)

    So, is this possible without extreme cheese or should I just give it up? I don't care either way but I figured I'd ask. I don't really know of any other way to do this.

    (Don't have the MM2 right now. If there's something big I'm missing tell me)
    Travel around on a ship, have an annoying sidekick for pratfalls, and rig up a button to call your kaiju titanic buddy whenever you need him.

    You'll probably have to be epic to pull this off, since titanic creatures are pretty high CR. Or you could just cast gate.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2009

    Default Re: could a "titanic" creature be a usable cohort?

    Hmm. Actually it might make more sense to be able to turn into one of these.

    Is there any good way to do that pre-epic?

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Pits of Hell
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: could a "titanic" creature be a usable cohort?

    One way is to go druid then momf as they eventually get gargantuan size at like level 8.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2009

    Default Re: could a "titanic" creature be a usable cohort?

    Quote Originally Posted by evil-frosty View Post
    One way is to go druid then momf as they eventually get gargantuan size at like level 8.
    True. However, the problem with this is you still need to have the hit dice of the form you want to change into. I also don't think you can add templates to the form which would kind of be necessary for the Kyuubi. Although this is definitely an option.

    EDIT: Dayum. Those are some easy entry pre-requisites. I can qualify at level one.

    Double Edit: I forgot you don't get wildshape until level 5.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2010-05-23 at 12:32 AM.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Banned
     
    Lycanthromancer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: could a "titanic" creature be a usable cohort?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    True. However, the problem with this is you still need to have the hit dice of the form you want to change into. I also don't think you can add templates to the form which would kind of be necessary for the Kyuubi. Although this is definitely an option.

    EDIT: Dayum. Those are some easy entry pre-requisites. I can qualify at level one.

    Double Edit: I forgot you don't get wildshape until level 5.
    You may just be able to get there via divine minion, since you get wildshape as if you were an 11th level druid. Then you can get there by level 3 (1st HD, +1 LA, MoMF 1). It's not via a class ability, but it's nearly identical otherwise (aside from being a free action).

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2009

    Default Re: could a "titanic" creature be a usable cohort?

    What's divine minion?

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Jack_Simth's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006

    Default Re: could a "titanic" creature be a usable cohort?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    What's divine minion?
    It's a particular template off of www.Wizards.com.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2009

    Default Re: could a "titanic" creature be a usable cohort?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Simth View Post
    Thank you.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: could a "titanic" creature be a usable cohort?

    Purely RAW, I do not think that Divine Minion qualifies you for Master of Many Forms as the Prestige Class requires "Special: Wild shape class feature" in order to qualify. Divine Minion grants "wild shape as an 11th-level druid into one or more animal forms" but since Divine Minion is a template rather than a class, it won't qualify.

    Of course, it is entirely up to the DM and if they are fine with a level 5 turning into a War Troll, have at it

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Ramza00's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location

    Default Re: could a "titanic" creature be a usable cohort?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    Hmm. Actually it might make more sense to be able to turn into one of these.

    Is there any good way to do that pre-epic?
    Depending on which character you are refering to when it makes more sense to turn into the Kyuubi or Summoning him.

    During the battle at the valley of the end Madara Uchiha summoned the Kyuubi and was controlling him when he fought Hashirama Senju (the first Hokage). He was controlling the Kyuubi and still lost. Gate would be a very accurate way of doing such a high level summoning.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground
     
    mikej's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Niagara Falls, Ont
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: could a "titanic" creature be a usable cohort?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    (Or would the Kyuubi be colossal?)
    I do believe the Kyuubi was more closer to Colossal than Gargantuan sized. That's just my view on it.

    You could just homebrew the Kyuubi or request it to be done. Really dependant on the DM though but is a quick easy solution. I did this a few years back but it wasn't very good or balanced

    Sidenote: I like your avatar Kyuubi. Where is it from?
    mikej

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiling Knight View Post
    Just to save time:

    Giacomo: Monks are as strong as wizards with UMD and partially charged wands.

    [Respected forum members]: No they are not.

    Giacomo: Yes they are. You all just abuse the rules.

    [Rfm]: No u

    G: No u

    Repeat until someone challenges G to duel, which then never happens.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2009

    Default Re: could a "titanic" creature be a usable cohort?

    Quote Originally Posted by mikej View Post
    Sidenote: I like your avatar Kyuubi. Where is it from?
    It's a character from a Manga by "Elagune" He posts on here. I'd give him credit but I have too many different avatars to credit everybody.

    I guess I'll just ask for a homebrew version. I don't think there's any other way for me to pull it off.

    And I'd like to do something more like becoming it than summoning it I think.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •