Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1481
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Behind Every Monster Is a Person in a Cute Costume: Let's Play Moemon Leafgreen!

At last! My keyboard is fixed. I don't know when the next chapter will be, since school's started; I'll figure out a schedule.

Trainathalon, Day 3
    Spoiler
    Show

"You're really starting with me today?"
    "That's right."

And that she'll do well is no surprise for anyone. I still miss her, a little. Steady, reliable, a good singer... She was a nice part of the team.

"Reminiscing?"
    "A little."
    "I miss those early days, with everyone...Hm..."

"Oh, that'll go great with your singing."
    I admit, a dance with feathers... Not exactly what I'm imagining goes well with Phoebe, but then I’m picturing something best done in skimpier clothes.
    "Yes?"
    "Remember my resolution to be...More noticable?"
    "Yeah, I do. You evolved then."
    "Why do you think it didn't work?"
    We think in silence for a while, taking a momentary pause from training, even.
    I watch a group of pidgeys flying in a distant sky, black flecks on blue. They could really be anything, and to try and answer the question by not thinking about it, I think about what they could be for a moment. A bunch of small superheroes. A flight of dragonaire. Ho-oh, flying on bright air currents with her children before, eventually, passing on.
    "I guess because you never fully decided what about you was noticable. "
    "What do you mean?"
    "I mean... People notice Spike because he's a dude,"
    "Discrimination!"
    "and Terra because she's snarky and mysterious, and Mellow because she's an insane fungus planning on ruling us all. You want to be noticed, but the first step is to be noticable."
    "I see... So I need to find something noticable about me?"
    "Yup."
    "But I can't think of anything..."
    "Then cultivate something. Figure it out. If it's what you want, you can't hold back."
    "Ok! Even if it's hopeless, even if it's hard... That's what I'll have to do until it's done!"
    I watch as, before she even realizes, the light siezes her.

Now that's a form for dancing.
    "An 'impossible' dream... There's a song for that, isn't there?"
    "That's right. To dream... the impossible dream... To fight the unbeatable foe... To bear with unbearable sorrow... To run where the brave will not go... To right the unrightable wrong..."
    As she starts to sing, and the song lifts us up and carries us into that blue sky for a moment, I realize how applicable it all is. To her quest (nearer, I think, than she thinks) and to mine. Even if we all fail... I've tried. I'm reaching for my star -- all the stars on the map. The world is better for that.

"Ready to battle some fish, Mellow?"
    "Yes. Fish make excellent nutrient deposits."
    Not this again...
    You're on your last legs, Mellow. Don't think I've forgotten my plan.
    But...

"Mellow. Have you ever considered being happy without global domination? Or eating the minds and taking over the bodies of pokemon?"
    "No. Why would I? Dominating the world will ensure it is safe for my kind. It will be dominated, and we will be dominators."

"That is sort of what world domination means... But aren't there other ways?"
    "Ways that rely on the kindness of meat. Meat that has never been kind."
    I can't argue there.

"What about enemies? You'll make a lot in this plot."
    "I will be able to conquer them, thanks to your training. Thank you for your marvelous aid in our revolution of fungi. You may, at any point, take a special hat as thanks."
    "...No thanks."
    Nice job breaking, hero.

I guess I have to, then. She can't be persuaded, but...A monster's a monster.
    I am sorry. I'd have liked things to all be OK.

"Well, ready for some training, Marumari?"
    "...What's that beautiful round thing in the water?"
    "That's the lure."
    She reaches out to grab it, and falls in.
    "Don't. It's for the fish pokemon!"
    "I'm a fish pokemon."
    "No, you're not."
    I try and lift her out of the water, and get a shock for my troubles.
    "That could have given me a heart attack!'
    "Us fish are crafty and dangerous creatures."
    "Fish may be, but you're not!"
    "Fine. What would fish do with it?"
    "What would you?"
    This shocks her into silence, and I pull her out successfully this time. Without any further protests, we begin training.

Darn right she doesn't! I'm no scientist, suicidal with my pokemon!

Well, at least that earlier shock didn't paralyze me...
    "Marumari, I'm sorry I snapped. Are you OK?"
    "I love them... But you're right. I don't have a use."\
    "You could always come up with one."
    "Yeah!"
    She thinks for a while.
    "Like what?"
    "Well, maybe there are other pokemon," heaven forbid, "Who love round things as much as you. Maybe you should make them happy."
    "You mean...Like a display? Yeah! I'll make a display, and a little sign telling everyone about the round things, and why they are round, and everyone will see it!"
    "Like a museum?"
    "Is that what humans call it? Then yes!"
    I am sure the people of Pewter city will be thrilled.
    "I am so excited! I've never had a purpose before!"

She glows. Shoot! Is she exploding? Have I made her so happy she'll blow up?

Nope, guess not.
    "Well, how about I give you a spare pokeball for your museum if we finish your training?"
    "Yeah! I like that plan!"

That makes training nice and easy until we finish up.

"Ready, Lilah?"
    "Ready, M-miss Seed."
    "You know, it's ok to call me Seed."
    I never actually asked them to call me anything else. They just decided to.
    But Lilah's a little nervy, and I think letting her know that isn't a bad plan.
    "Ok, S-Seed..."

Confusion is pretty useful here, even if she doesn't have the full power for it.

"Sorry I haven't been catching too many pokemon the normal way."
    "It's ok. I do miss meeting new pokemon, though. W-well...I mean, seeing them. First, before the rest of the reserves."
    "Do you guys hang out, or something?"
    "That's right. We're just energy, so we can mingle in the boxes. O-or, because of your rules, we can go out t-to play. But I stay put."

I remember, back then, how happy she was to be able to fly. I was pretty stressed out...And very uncertain. But I remember that.
    "You really can. I bet you'd like flying out here. And look at the flowers!"
    "They're very pretty..."
    "Then go and see them when you want to. I won't mind. In fact... I want you to. I trust you, after all."

"Umm....About flowers... C-Can we buy a flowerpot next time we're in Celadon? We'll find someplace safe to get it, but I think a few of the girls and I would really like that, too!"
    Well, that's a surprise.
    "Sure. How about Zinnias? They're very bright."
    "O-ok, Seed!"

"I must say: this is quite a crew you have. Have you tasted that dragonaire's little --"
    "Her teacakes? Yes. They're so good."
    "I wonder if she'd be willing to swap recipes?"
    "Probably. But training first, food second!"
    "Your ideas are strange to me."
    "Yeah, yeah, I know..."

"Hey, Steph... I get that it's the heart of a snorlax, eating and sleeping... But where'd you get interested in cooking?"
    "Like most of a pokemon's loves, a human taught me. I was just waking up, and hungry, and I met a man in white outside a building full of tasty smells. He was eating something, and when he saw me coming, he offered me some. It wasn't anything fancy; a half-bowl of shrimp and cheese grits... And it was the most beautiful thing I had ever tasted. I wanted to cry."

"And that's it?"
    "No, of course not. I waited for him the next day, and there he was. He offered me what he had again...This one was a panini with fennel-roasted pork and caramelized onions..."
    "And let me guess; you looked for him again the next day?"
    "Yes. But he wasn't there. I eventually tracked him down to a farmer's market. I was still hungry, so I wanted to take some of the vegetables there. And he said to me 'Friendly pokemon! Don't eat this food! It belongs to other people. Come with me, pick out what you like, and I will make you a better meal.' So I did. I picked some tomatoes, some basil...Whatever smelled nice. He took me back to his home, and he made me a soup.
    I will never forget watching him make that soup. At first, it made no sense. It looked like he was destroying everything. And maybe he did. But... He made those things, which were lovely, into something big and warm and 100% times lovlier. You humans have an idea of alchemy, yes? That lead can be turned into gold, which you think is valuable. And pokemon have ascension -- that the weak may transform into something purer. But he -- in so little time -- did those things. It was magic. And, as I ate his soup, I knew: I would know no magic, not of sleeping or using my body's force or anything else, until I knew his magic."

She looks at me with bright-hot passion in her eyes. I suddenly want to buy a cookbook.
    "Well, you should tell that story to Ala. I bet she'd give you her recipes for free, then."

"I'll do that. I do, though, have a tea blend I'd like to share with her; I bet it'd make her happy."
    Remind me to file that 'like most pokemon's love' thing for future reference.

"Ready to train, master thief?"
    "Of course, Boss."

"Well, it's some. I still haven't perfected my theft technique."
    "It's fine."

As we train, she keeps using payday to get me money, but she looks a little emberassed.
    "I regret not being able to do more for you, boss. I liked your little surprised face, your poking inquisitions..."
    "You hated when I asked you that."
    "I loved hating it."
    "If you say so."
    "I mean, I don't regret it... I just miss doing things the old way. It's frustrating, a little..."

Primal scream therapy, I wonder?

"Where are you getting the money, anyway?"
    "Oh, boss... Why worry your pretty little head about that?"
    She smiles. Some things never change.

"Hey there, Mistress! Ready to train me yet?"
    "Yeah, Dusk. I am."
    "You're supposed to be surprised!"
    "I am?"
    "Yes! I used my 'Sneak up on you' technique!"
    "You mean the one where you walked very loudly behind me and shouted?"
    "Fine. Train me, then."
    Excellent.

This is taking a while.

But it works eventually.

"By the way, you met Koga, right? What was he like?"
    ...Here comes the bit where I explain that there is no Santa because the Easter Bunny killed him before becoming nonexistant himself.
    "umm...Uh..."
    She looks at me with her big red eyes.
    I can't lie.
    So I tell her what happened. Her face falls, slow and grand as the collapse of any empire.
    "It wasn't really him."
    "It was."
    "You're wrong, OK? Ninjas are disguise masters."
    "Sometimes our heroes...let us down. But we can still love what we thought they were."
    "Shut up!"
    Ok, the platitudes won't work here.
    What do I do...
    "Koga sucked."
    "No! Ninjas don't suck!"
    "Then prove it. You thought Koga was such a great ninja? Be Koga. The one you believe in."
    "Fine! Maybe I will! And then I'll show you!"

Well, that worked better than expected.
    Of course, I'm not sure why her "best ninja ever" outfit is a prissy dress, but it's cute.
    "See? I ascended because of the awesome might of ninjas! Be--"
    "If you say 'Believe it,' you will get hurt."
    "Yes ma'am."

Her new form isn't a bad fighter; better than Lila, though not by much...
    "You're well on your way, little ninja."
    "You know it!"

Well, just one more of my bunch... I'll save Chun-Li for FISTICUFFS to deal with.

"So…umm…That whole evolution thing…”
    "I realized that the only thing the world is good for is a puzzle to be solved!"
    "...What about Terra?"
    "She's another puzzle. A beautiful puzzle, an alluring puzzle...And she wants to trick me, because the pieces don't fit, well I'll slam them into place! If she won't wear my ring, then I'll grab some lube and shove it on!"
    Oh snap. The already-broken has finally snapped. Badly.

Then she pulls herself together and smiles normally, like she's not insane.
    "I mean... You know. I'm still making my case, and she still lets me eat her dreams... I'm sure what we have is better."

Pity. She could use it.
    "well, let's just...train a while." And not be scary.

"Seriously, though... You shouldn't worry too much about other people. I mean, if you love her, I wouldn't get, oh say, so worked up that you lose your mind, just because of stuff."
    "Yes, you may be right. He's just a fool, after all. There's no way he can hold her heart."
    If you say so.
    ...He?
    Oh, she means Spike. I guess we have some love squares or...
    What shape is that, now?

"All I need to do now is prove I'm better... Prove I'm better...And solve that puzzle. And of course, it's possible for Erika the hypno..."

Suuure it is. Running away now.

The two are in town. Having apparently trained for a while on a dummy, they've broken for lunch.

And, in the process of trying to get sushi, have found pokemon to fight.

"GOOD. YOU ARE NO LONGER HOLDING BACK."
    "A monarch's power is meant to be a deterrant."
    "THE OTHER GOLDEENS ARE NOW DETERRED."
    She has a point...

Or she would, if they didn't keep getting pokemon to fight. But they seem happy enough.

"A LITTLE RISK IS GOOD."

"And is rewarded. I will use it again."
    "RISK IS ALSO RISKY."

But for a while, it works out.

"Ugh."
    FISTICUFFS rushes in and beats up the fish. She didn't have to, but she did anyway.
    "LET ME SEE."
    She holds up the wounded foot as if it were made of glass, flexing it with the fingers beneath her perpetual gloves.
    "YOU WILL BE FINE. A POTION WILL HELP."
    She applies a superpotion to Chun Li's wounded foot and examines it again, and lets Chun Li stop balancing on one leg.
    "THERE. YOU ARE LEARNING A LOT."
    "How can you say that, when I got hurt in such a foolish way?"
    Now that she's been hurt, she's all humility and repentance.
    "YOU ARE LEARNING. SOMETIMES, TRYING IS REWARDABLE. YOU KNOW HOW TO PREVENT IT, NEXT TIME."
    "Watch my opponent’s body language?"
    "YES."

Not a bad combo, you two.
    But, from my hidey-hole, I don't say that... FISTICUFF'S eyes do.
    "Thank you, Teacher."
    "...W-WE SHALL CONTINUE YOUR TRAINING."

"Of course, Teacher. You are doing very well."
    Well, this...I gotta see.
    Last edited by Deme; 2011-01-12 at 05:15 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Halfling in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Behind Every Monster Is a Person in a Cute Costume: Let's Play Moemon Leafgreen!

...Wow...zolidkgfhmknhmiz'r

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Belkar certainly lacked empathy, but the best ranger alive couldn't control a paladin's mount.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZZ7oFKsKzY
    http://youtu.be/fR7EAdPUqvQ

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Titan in the Playground

well written and all but too many of the characters I ignore in one big post. Of course that's just my personal prefrence and they need training anyways.

EDIT: Actrually nevermind. I like this chapter because it fleshs out some of the characters you don't see as often.
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2011-01-12 at 05:38 PM.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Titan in the Playground

I suggest taking out that line about the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, and the religious figure. It could easily offend a large amount of people. Just put in Santa Claus, the Easter bunny, or both.
    Avatar by the wonderful BeckyPages. My OC Curtain Call.

My Twitter account, where I will mainly post images of minis I've painted.

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    I suggest taking out that line about the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, and the religious figure. It could easily offend a large amount of people. Just put in Santa Claus, the Easter bunny, or both.
    Probably a good idea. Thanks.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

A good chapter as many are. BELEIVE IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Titan in the Playground

I liked the reference to Tenga Toppa Gurren Lagann.

Mellow has become extremely freaky. Is she simply incapable of feeling empathy or does she not know how to right now?

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I liked the reference to Tenga Toppa Gurren Lagann.
    TTGL? Try again.

Hear me now, O thou bleak and unbearable world!
    Thou art base and debauched as can be!
    But now a knight with his banner so bravely unfurl-ed,
    Hurls down is gauntlet to thee!

I am I, Don Quixote!
    The Lord of La Mancha!
    My destiny calls and I go!
    And the wild winds of fortune
    Will carry me onward,
    Whither so ever they blow.
    Whither so ever they blow...
    Onward to glory I go!
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2011-01-12 at 05:57 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Troll in the Playground

Mellow has become extremely freaky. Is she simply incapable of feeling empathy or does she not know how to right now?
    Little of collumn A, little of Collumn B. She's not made for it -- much of her functioning intelligence is a mushroom, after all. Mushrooms are not known for empathy. So it's not natural to her, and thus, she scorns the idea of empathy. It's for meat, and the conquerable.
    Last edited by Deme; 2011-01-12 at 06:05 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    TTGL? Try again.
    Was thinking it was the lyrics to "Row row row Fight the Powah!" for some reason. My mistake.

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    Probably a good idea. Thanks.
    Yeah, that one bugged me a bit. I'm glad it's gone.

..Poor Erika...

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Orc in the Playground

This LP has such intelligent and humorous dialogue. I love it. :3
    Fluttershy in the Playground. I'm okay with this.

Oh yeah, also: Follow me in my current Screenshot LP of Pokémon Liquid Crystal! (Now probably a lost cause, since the original thread is over six months old, if not longer!)

It's Pants, the Musical Superstar!

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    TTGL? Try again.

Hear me now, O thou bleak and unbearable world!
    Thou art base and debauched as can be!
    But now a knight with his banner so bravely unfurl-ed,
    Hurls down is gauntlet to thee!

I am I, Don Quixote!
    The Lord of La Mancha!
    My destiny calls and I go!
    And the wild winds of fortune
    Will carry me onward,
    Whither so ever they blow.
    Whither so ever they blow...
    Onward to glory I go!
    Or my personal favorite version from Man of La Mancha. (1972, Directed by Arthur Hiller)
    There is no 'overkill.' There is only 'open fire' and 'time to reload.'
    Schlock Mercenaries

14. - Top - End - #1094

MindFlayer

Can you add a link to my moemon-character thread in the 1st post plz Deme.
    Last edited by Squiggly-Thing; 2011-01-13 at 03:50 PM.

Belkar certainly lacked empathy, but the best ranger alive couldn't control a paladin's mount.

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Archive binging. Act 1 and Beau's chapter finished.

I'm loving everything so far, the cute characters (and the angsty but not wangsty protagonist, and the socially awkward rival/love interest), the cute writing (and the dark writing), and the awesome reason for why the pokemon are moemon. What I've seen so far makes me so happy that I made this hack. I hope you enjoy playing it at least as much as I'm enjoying reading your take on it.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    You deserve something special. Alas, I have nothing to offer but praise.
    I guess I should step up to the plate then. You've reinspired me to get back to work on this hack (after a year+ of procrastination). I will fix the bug at Cinnabar that you haven't run into yet. Also, if you'd like me to add something to the game, please, feel free to tell me, I'll see what I can do about it. Lastly, this is so much better than my idea for a "storyline." I use storyline loosely because my storyline was a string of progressively worse inappropriate comments. I think you can see why that idea was scrapped.

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by fizzmaister View Post
    Archive binging. Act 1 and Beau's chapter finished.

I'm loving everything so far, the cute characters (and the angsty but not wangsty protagonist, and the socially awkward rival/love interest), the cute writing (and the dark writing), and the awesome reason for why the pokemon are moemon. What I've seen so far makes me so happy that I made this hack. I hope you enjoy playing it at least as much as I'm enjoying reading your take on it.

I guess I should step up to the plate then. You've reinspired me to get back to work on this hack (after a year+ of procrastination). I will fix the bug at Cinnabar that you haven't run into yet. Also, if you'd like me to add something to the game, please, feel free to tell me, I'll see what I can do about it. Lastly, this is so much better than my idea for a "storyline." I use storyline loosely because my storyline was a string of progressively worse inappropriate comments. I think you can see why that idea was scrapped.
    Thank you; that's mighty high praise... What bug at cinnibar is that?
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    Thank you; that's mighty high praise... What bug at cinnibar is that?
    The game was programmed to prevent people from getting Kabuto and Omanyte. So after you restore one of them, the other is blocked from being restored.

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by fizzmaister View Post
    The game was programmed to prevent people from getting Kabuto and Omanyte. So after you restore one of them, the other is blocked from being restored.
    This is getting overwritten, then? That's good to know.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

It's not a bug, it's a feature.

The Cinnabar Lab also can't restore the Hoenn fossils. I've tried.

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Ettin in the Playground

After binging from the beginning to now, I must say this is a pretty damn good LP, especially as your first. I applaud you for that.

The thing that's always bothered me about Pokemon is the very weak story holding the series together, which made me turn towards Digimon with its developed characters who have worries, goals, strengths and weaknesses that makes them real. If the Pokemon writers had put half the thought into creating the interactions between characters that you have, I probably would have stayed with the franchise longer than I did.

The rule your following for the LP also probably would have helped with keeping my interest, as I'm a bit of a completionist and got largely overwhelmed between catching and leveling pokemon every time I played any of the games that I'd find it more work than fun and turn to something else. I may return to the series again, after I buy a Pokemon game, as after the last time I gave up, I sold all my games off for a tidy profit at the time.

So, consider me an avid fan and reader and I look forward to continuing the journey forward.
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Troll in the Playground

Thanks, everyone!

Anyway, the next chapter is taking longer than expected... I'm just having a bit of trouble writing it. I guess it's because I've used all of these pokemon recently, so the ideas I've had for their developement have been used, and I have to work on this...I dunno. It's in-progress, though.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

22. - Top - End - #1102
    Troll in the Playground

Chapter 49 -- Final Part: Trainathalon day 4
    Spoiler
    Show
    We opened today's training with Ala's tea and teacakes; apparently, Stephanie had given her the mix for a tea blend she liked. It was a nice, peaceful way to start the day. And tasty.

We started with Ala, since she had prepared the tea.
    "Miss Seed... I was thinking of a...little troubling matter."
    "Oh? Something I can help with?"
    She looks away, anxiously. A worried smile crossed her face, and she laughed.
    "It's nothing like that, I'm afraid... Just a small...personal concern."
    She goes quiet for a while, then turns away to get back to work.

Hm. I'll have to remember that bit of danger...

It doesn't look that useful, no...
    "Have you ever wondered 'why me, and not someone else'"
    ...I want to say 'every day.' I want to, but the words don't really come out. As usual. She didn't mean it like that, anyway. No one knows about that here, so... She really doesn't want that answer.
    "Why you what?"
    "Why I was chosen, instead of any of my sisters and cousins."
    "Because you were nicer."
    "But why were you the one who came in? What happened to them all, now that the rockets aren't running the corner?"
    That's a complicated set of questions.
    Luckily, Ala -- particularly when she's distractable like this -- takes a while to train, so I have the time to untangle it.
    It's half what she said, but that gap between... It takes me a while to suss out -- why isn't it me, being with everyone else?

I hand her a full heal after the fight is done, and try and say something.
    "I don't believe in fate. I really don't. There isn't a 'reason,' in my opinion. Things just happened."
    "Hm. That's an interesting perspective, Miss Seed... I am not sure it is satisfying, but I am glad things happened that way."
    "I'm glad, too. I bet anyone else who came in would have snatched you up anyway, and I'd be left with one of those snobs!"
    I try and laugh it off, and she tries, too. All pokemon have elusive ages to me -- the look of innocent worry on her face, playing with her smile, made me realize that she was younger than her manners bely -- or is that her sort of 'rich girl' feel, a shelteredness?
    Well, everyone has to learn about worry sometime.

We were doing well enough in training -- nice and quiet about it.

"That's a terrible impression! Stop looking so sneaky."\
    ... I'm not touching it. I'm gonna go get a 10-foot pole just to not touch this with it. Mind you, this is an adventure; I should have had one all along.
    "Ok, maybe I'm a little sneaky... But I wear it better. Mine's an elegant sneakiness, not a..."
    "Boss, you can start helping me at any time."
    "No, I can't."

"Well, I guess I need to work on that, then. A thief's no good if she wears that she's thief on her sleeve... Not that I ever let my victims see me, of course."
    "When was the last time you stole something, though?"
    "...Weeeeeeeell...." She pulls out a bright red... Hey!
    "That's my pokedex!"
    "I just wanted to be prepared for this."
    She hands it back.
    "No stealing from me! That's the rules!"
    "I wasn't stealing; I just let you know and gave it back. That's 'borrowing.'"
    "No 'borrowing,' then. Unless you ask *first*"
    "Arright, boss, arright... I just wanted to show you I'm still working on it for you."
    "... That's kinda sweet, in a sneaky way."

“But can we do more ‘sweet’ and less ‘sneaky’?”

Today, I have a mission. It's more than just levelling her up.
    I want to get Aquamarine to talk to people about stuff.

"...Oh. It's not useful..."
    "Ice beam's just stronger as a technique."
    "I see... I had hoped... It would be good enough..."
    She looks away, her face unchanged.
    "You did?"
    "I modeled it... off the sky...In winter."
    'aurora beam'..."So, like the northern lights?"
    "Yes."

"Any reason?"
    She's opening up a little, so I guess this is progress...
    "...My home...Had a window... A little rectangle..."
    I don't recall it, but I don't pay attention to every room I'm in...
    "And I could see the sky... At night... There were stars."
    That is what happens at night, yes.
    "You like the stars?"
    She doesn't seem to know what to say, and just nods a little.
    "They're very quiet...and pretty...And they make pictures with you."
    "Constellations? That's an interesting way of looking at it.”

”They used to be… all the companionship I needed… or had.”
    “And now you have us… Are we better or worse than stars?”
    ”…You’re noisier.”
    “Hey, I can make pictures! A little!”
    A little smile cracks its way onto her frozen face.
    Success!

"Had a good time with Nuriko the other day, huh?"
    "Of course! He's got some interesting aesthetics and a fabulous sense of design!"
    'fabulous' is an oddly appropriate word, I think...

"So, he helped you with your quest?"
    "Not exactly. Beauty is an 'eye of the beholder' thing. Only I can decide what's beautiful!"

"...So why don't you just tell yourself you've done well enough?"
    "That's no good; I can say whatever I want, but until I achieve true beauty, that thing that people have idolized since the dawn of time, the very definition of sacred..."
    Now, somehow, her speech summons up a wind of rosepetals, lodging themselves in the surrounding bushes, her hair, and mine. Stupid magic. It'll take forever to get these things out...
    "Then no matter what I say, I won't be fooled! The eye that believes in beauty can't be deceived!"
    She poses and blinks when she sees I've started brushing my hair, and am too busy to be impressed.
    "Hey! Marvel at my beauty!"
    "When my hair isn't full of dead plants, sure."
    "Don't mock my rose petals! They're essential... for beauty!"
    Darnit, now there's just more rose petals.

One lengthy hair-brushing session later...
    "Mmm...She dreamt last night of being Zeno's tortoise, who must move an inifinite space to avoid capture be someone drawing infinitely closer... Exquisite. She clearly wants to avoid the pursuit of --"
    "Or maybe she thinks the problem is interesting."
    "Shut up! My idea is much better!"
    "For you, maybe. But people's feelings --"
    "Oh, who cares about that?"
    You do, since you just crafted a theory to match your feelings?

As we trained, it turned out this area was really quite good for her.

"And, anyway, aren't you the one pursuing her?"
    "Hardly! I have everything I want -- an infinite puzzle to solve, a beautiful dream to eat... Hm."
    "So, you're not pursuing her... But she's something you enjoy the chase of -- she's the solution to your puzzle, right?"
    "Shut up! You wouldn't understand!"

Well, at least she sounds a little more sane than before...

Like last time, I saved checking up on Chun Li and FISTICUFFS for last.

They use their usual combo.
    "Hey, mind if I supervise?"
    "OF COURSE NOT, MISTRESS. IT IS ONLY TO BE EXPECTED."
    "...I guess... I mean, you are our trainer..."
    And yet, she looks uneasy.
    Poor little thing.
    "Ok, let's see now..."
    I mainly let them do what they were doing, but toss in my own opinions.

"I'd rather wait to see if you can branch out some."
    And after that, we switch to fishing.
    "FISTICUFFS, how about you show her how it's done?"
    "GLADLY, MISTRESS!"

And it's done like that.

"Your abilities are really enviable, Teacher..." She applauded with her thin hands, a little blush creeping above her high collar.
    "T-THANK YOU... I TRY VERY HARD."

"DO NOT GET FRIGHTENED. YOU ARE A MAGNIFICENT ENGINE OF DESTRUCTION; YOU HAVE NOTHING TO FEAR THEM. I PROMISE."
    "If you say so, teacher... I trust you."
    The battle goes on for a while, until eventually...

She lands a final blow.

"Thank you, teacher."
    "I-IT WAS NOTHING...JUST TRUTH."
    I push them out of the ensuing blushing silence.

Through violence, as they like it.

"GOOD. YOUR TRAINING IS COMPLETE."
    "Umm...Teacher? I wanted to say... I was the royal battle queen of my dojo. And you have bested me, wholeheartedly...And in your victory, you were good enough to train me... You are very strong. I- I admire your strength...And I'd like to keep training with you, and one day, when I'm needed, fighting by your side. That is what I wish."
    The world holds its breath for a moment; looking on, I can't help but feel uneasy. She's blushing like she's confessing love -- and, come to that, I'm pretty sure she is. FISTICUFFS, always stoic...
    Cracks into a small smile, her scowl gone for a moment. She's almost pretty, something I never thought I'd say. The smile relaxes her brow and makes her squat face a little longer, her eyes a little warmer.
    "I WOULD LIKE THAT VERY MUCH."
    She bows. Chun Li bows back. I feel like the most monumental third wheel since the invention of the tricycle.

"Enjoyed your break, guys?"
    "I am eager to return to work."
    "I got a tan! That's important, since we'll be island-hopping for a while!"
    Oh, yeah...I guess we are. Onward to that, then.

And now we're on the road again! Yaaay us!... Only a week behind my desired schedule. Oh, well. Updates will be a little wierd until I find the best timing for it this semester; the weekend may be good, but Wed. has some promise...
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Titan in the Playground

Nice. When you get to choose between the fossils get Kabuto.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

I thought of something the other day. The Tyrogue/Hitmon line is all male in the normal games. Of course, the hack is nowhere near true to gender, but still... Now I really want to know what a Tauros looks like.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    Now I really want to know what a Tauros looks like.
    Spoiler
    Show

3rd bottom row, second from right.
    Hoc Dictum Videtur Esse Melius In Latine.
    This Motto Sounds Better In Latin.
    Cadimus Concordia.
    United We Fall.
    Nolite Hamena Machinae Timere, Nam Iusta Erunt.
    Do Not Fear The Reign Of Machines, For They Shall Be Just.

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by HypoSoc View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

3rd bottom row, second from right.
    Not necessarily, a fair amount of them in this hack look different from what's shown here. Anyway, I was thinking more "what gender did they make it.."

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Barbarian in the Playground

Male if I recall
    Hoc Dictum Videtur Esse Melius In Latine.
    This Motto Sounds Better In Latin.
    Cadimus Concordia.
    United We Fall.
    Nolite Hamena Machinae Timere, Nam Iusta Erunt.
    Do Not Fear The Reign Of Machines, For They Shall Be Just.

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Troll in the Playground

I thought of something the other day. The Tyrogue/Hitmon line is all male in the normal games. Of course, the hack is nowhere near true to gender, but still... Now I really want to know what a Tauros looks like.
    I'll see if I can't hunt one down; I didn't see it wandering around thje Safari Zone, but I'll do my best. If I can't fit it into the LP, I'll tell you here.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Now I really want to know what a Tauros looks like.
    If you don't mind being spoiled, you can take a look here

It does so happen that the Tauros is the same as the one in that spritesheet. Also, they're all male.

30. - Top - End - #1110

MindFlayer

All Milktank are female too, it's like the Nidoran thing.