Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1481
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: Behind Every Monster Is a Person in a Cute Costume: Let's Play Moemon Leafgreen!

Quote Originally Posted by Squiggly-Thing View Post
    All Miltank are female too, it's like the Nidoran thing.
    Yeah, but the Hitmon line are normally all male, so that was the point of the query.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Behind Every Monster Is a Person in a Cute Costume: Let's Play Moemon Leafgreen!

Chapter 50: Surf's up, dude!
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Ok, you guys, it's time to get on the road again!"
    We've been hanging around enough as it is. Not that it wasn't interesting, but those gyms don't beat themselves.

And by 'exercise,' you mean 'guide your pokemon through physical labor, perhaps while sipping a virgin mojito.' ... Come to that, that may be a great thing to bring along.

Yeah; that wasn't terribly strenuous.

Ooh, now this'll be a fun one.

Or not. I call spammage!

But ChuChu's speed wins out the moment it drops.

Well, if you say so.

I meander down the shore...

What? I was just walking! if I move slower, snails will outrun me!

Besides, I battle fast, and my heart is fine.

We get on the Surf-platform Rya makes, and most of us get out and spread around -- Azula and Chu-Chu, though, stick close to my place in the center.

I pause and look at the sea.
    The water moves in a world of its own, stirring like air, breaking the surface to touch something outside of itself as it, like thought, swirls around and around on its own currents. It crunches up against stones, breaking into foam around them.
    It's lovely, but it really doesn't do much for me.
    "I'm glad it helps you."

Now, level-ups...Those soothe my soul.

I'm glad to just have a safe platform; I'm not really sure I'd want to go diving. I reach over and pat Rya on the head.

Shellders are starting to annoy me.

"There! And stay down!"
    That's the spirit!

I'll try that… Lotsa tentacool here, after all. There’s got to be something more.

ChuChu sort of nervously shuffles over to Spike, who's staring out over the edge, somehow leaning on nothing.
    "I don't like the sea..."
    "Oh? It's not so bad..."
    "F-for you... But what if I fall in and end up shocking myself? It's not very effective, but it hurts! And it won't stop until I'm out, and what if I get too hurt to swim and..."
    He gives her an amused smile and raises a hand.
    "Don't worry about it. If you fall, I'll catch you and bring you right back. It aint like you can shock me. Everything’ll be perfectly safe."
    "Thanks, Spike..." She smiles tenderly up at him, a little flush on her face.
    …I guess it must be the summery atmosphere.

"More world."
    "That's a magnificently open, true, and unhelpful statement. It's almost beautiful."

I can see why she's afraid of her own electric power; it's pretty dangerous to our enemies.

Been swimming lately?
    ...I kid. It's alright; not my favorite thing.

That's sooo cute...

And now it's gone.

"...That's really great."
    The sea makes little helix patterns with the waves and the light undercutting under it. The sea hides rocks that poke up slightly, like the Freudian model of the human mind. Their shapes beneath the water are half-seen monsters, fading into bluer and bluer until it becomes black, staring back into my eyes.
    That does not help.
    I want to be happy for them; they're living my dream, my real dream, the one this dream is just a pale shadow of, the one that's reaching out for me. Instead, my heart feels like it's full of glass.

Well, if I can't be happy, I can at least enjoy a good match, right?

"Ah; they match. How...adorable."
    "Wait, why are you in this match? Seed, is she really the best we have? I wanted to look good in front of Spike, not for her to steal my spotlight..."
    I nod.
    "I suppose I haven't gotten any screentime since that enigmatic little line a few chapters back..."
    "What are you talking about? screentime? chapters?"
    "zzz...zzz..."
    "Hey! No fair pretending to fight while you're really asleeeep!"
    She kicks Terra into a mild state of conciousness.
    "...hmmph... I was dreaming we were all in a serialized --"
    Foe Goldeen: "Umm...the battle? That still happening?"
    "...Or am I dreaming now, and that dream was the truth?"
    "Yeah, or we could kick their butts!"
    "Always an excellent option. After all, some would argue there's no self but our actions, thus, we must act to exist."

Now, see, that's why I picked her.

And I shall run far, far away from this conversation, before I have time to think.

This seems to be the strongest Tentacool in the area. Given how weak everyone else seems to be, I'm impressed. Wish I had Lila along...
    She looks very small -- in many ways, the haughty gravity is the sort possessed by a small child... But she holds herself like a proud warrior.

"Wait! You're the strongest opponent I've ever faced."
    "I can tell."
    "I don't want to lose to you. Instead... Allow me to train with you."
    So, in other words, if you can't beat us, join us?
    "And...one other reason..."
    She looks emberassed.
    "What?"
    "I really want a hat like that! It's so kyuuute!"
    We stare at each other for a minute as she tries to recover her composure.
    "A-anyway, please allow me to accompany you."
    "...Eh. why not?"
    And with that, Medusa joins our party.

Any more basic facts? Is water also wet?
    ]
    Are goldeens easily taken out by thunderbolt?

Are seakings not much better?

There's one guy here, with 3 girls clustered around him. I'm guessing he is a pretty hardcore player.

"Well, then, you don't have to fight me..."

Or not...

Like, only one guy has ever taken me up on that offer...

Such a shame.

"I'm perfectly content with the surfing power of my Gyrados, though."

Funny... Ruto's a little big-boned, but she's not actually much larger than anyone else. But others perceive her as such...I guess maybe her "Surf Platform" would be a different shape from Rya's long one?
    ...All this metaphysical stuff is confusing.

More people talking like pirates?

Maybe I'll give Terra some action next.

That worked out rather well.

Ooohh...Very pretty.

"She's scary..."
    "Absolutely not, chlorine-head!"

The nerve...

I've noticed.

She's adorable! At least these swimmers have some new pokemon, too.

Well, do you count being tired of pointless fights?

"Maybe I have stuff I don't want getting wet? Like a valuable, two-of-a-kind electronic device made by my aging mentor?"
    Swimmer: "That's an oddly specific hypothetical..."

Please have something other than a horsea, please...

Eh, good enough. Interesting-looking.

And now more horseas.

I glance over to it. It's a rock. In the middle of the ocean. Without buildings. I raise an eyebrow.
    Swimmer: "I'm camping."

Ok, may as well switch Chu-Chu back in...

And I step down onto the shores of the seafoam islands.

I see... I guess this would be a great place to catch water pokemon.

"So do I! It's so peaceful!"

Apparently that unheard bond isn't enough to stop a fight.

I think I want a piece of that aquatic variety; may as well fish around and see what there is.

Ooh, formidable-looking...

Anyway, enough lolly-gagging. I want to check out these caves... I better go back for Jewel, too.

Wow... 50 chapters. Now, I know we passed 50 updates a while ago... But man. I've gone farther than expected.

Edit: Oh, yes, votingtime!
    Last edited by Deme; 2011-01-22 at 05:00 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Orc in the Playground

Congraturation! 50 chapters is quite a milestone.
    Fluttershy in the Playground. I'm okay with this.

Oh yeah, also: Follow me in my current Screenshot LP of Pokémon Liquid Crystal! (Now probably a lost cause, since the original thread is over six months old, if not longer!)

It's Pants, the Musical Superstar!

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Bugbear in the Playground

I assume you mean for what to catch? A Krabby is my vote, since you can pick up a Horsea somewhere else (I should think) and I just remembered how well you write evolution scenes (I was about to discount Krabby for Kingler since you've passed all the 'dex milestones you're going to be able to).

'Grats on the fiftieth update, and I'm sure you have some great characters to introduce!

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Titan in the Playground

I like Seadra better. Also congrats on 50 chapters
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I prefer Seadra over Kingler. By far. (Plus, if there's a way of getting it, Kingdra is a good final form...)

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Troll in the Playground

Horsea is adorable, so she gets my vote.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Kingler all the way! (Unless you already have a Krabby.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Halfling in the Playground

i say horsea, mainly because i never paid attention to it in my own playthroughs

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Titan in the Playground

Congrats!!!. now who to choose.... I'll say Horsea cause Seadra looks awesome.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

11. - Top - End - #1121

MindFlayer

Krabby or Horsea is my choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Belkar certainly lacked empathy, but the best ranger alive couldn't control a paladin's mount.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZZ7oFKsKzY
    http://youtu.be/fR7EAdPUqvQ

12. - Top - End - #1122

Horsea, definitely.

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Troll in the Playground

As a side note, do you know what I hate?

I hate it when a small, expository scenen veers wildly out of my control and becomes about 5 times longer, more philosophical, and more plot-critical than it originally was... And, what's worse, that despite giving to me 70% of the scene's new length, Terra still won't talk about her backstory, even though this feels like one of the few prime opportunities to do so. Grrr.... If she didn't do so much of my work for me, I'd really get annoyed by her.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

FYI. you can also get a slowpoke in the spot where you're fishing.

My vote is for horsea.

Edit: After one year of hard work (ok fine most of it was procrastination/ragequit) Cinnabar is fixed! And also not publicly available yet. I'll get on that... soon. Lastly, thanks Deme for getting me back into this, if it weren't for this cute soap opera, this project would have continued to gather digital dust in some small recess of my hard drive.

And before I forget how do you pronounce your screenname? Deem, Dehm, Deh-meh?
    Last edited by fizzmaister; 2011-01-26 at 05:39 AM.

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Troll in the Playground

It's Deh-me. It's a shortened version of "Demeter."

Anyway, I'm glad I could get your enthusiasm going.
    Last edited by Deme; 2011-01-28 at 09:35 AM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Troll in the Playground

Edit: Nevermind. It appears I have once again managed to get the chapter written relatively on-time, so it'll probably be up before I head out tommorow. Probably. I really should stop saying it'll be late; I almost always turn out to be lying.
    Last edited by Deme; 2011-01-28 at 11:25 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Troll in the Playground

Triplepost because of update!

Chapter 51: Aint it text-heavy?
    Spoiler
    Show

Well, time to catch whatever bites... I've managed to get Lila and Jewel with me; Jewel as a sort of "guest," and Lila as a temporary teammate, for catching what I fish up.

"H-hello there... Would you like to come up with us?"
    "Come with you? Why would I want to do that?"
    "Because Seed is really nice, and we do lots of training and there are a lot of nice pokemon and some crazy ones and..."
    "Yeah, yeah... Wake me when you're done talking about love and peace and all that human stuff, ok?"

"Ok! Go ahead and catch her."
    "W-what?"
    "W-well, she said 'yeah,' didn't she?"
    I'm pretty sure that's not what she...
    Lila's eyes have grown saucer-sized.
    "...We'll sort it out later, I guess."

I bring Lila back to the pokemon center, and elect to head onward.
    But when I head back to the islands, everyone's gone. Everyone except one person, a woman with glasses.

Woman: "Ah, you didn't hear my announcement, did you? I'm sorry, but the pokemon here have been disrupted by an unusual presence; the whole area has been declared unsafe for meddling tourists. Until the pokemon league can see to the matter properly, you'll have to go around."
    Around those rocks? I think not.
    "That's ok. I'm not a tourist, I'm a trainer. My own pokemon can keep me safe."
    "I'm afraid you don't understand. While your little team of pidgeys and polywags may be perfectly fine against normal wild pokemon, the disturbance here --"
    "Don't condescend, lady. My raichu can perfectly well handle whatever aquatic menace is lurking."
    "A raichu...? Hm. That is a somewhat terrible haircut..."
    "What's that now about my hair?"
    "Your team wouldn't also happen to contain a charizard, would it?" I notice something has gone strange in her smile. Before it was sort of forced and official-looking. Now it's sort of false and...curious? Or angry? Here and there, like an aurora, her face shifts around.
    "...And if it does?"
    "Then you're that little skank who's been interfering in league business as of late. I told them and told them -- 'Oak, even having given up, wouldn't take an apprentice he didn't think had real potential. We should watch them both, not just the boy.' But did they listen?"
    "I'm guessing no." Her face drops the pretense of a smile.
    "Right. And the whole situation's gone off in a handbasket. Well, you're hear now, so let me pass along a message..."
    Before I could blink, her elbow -- at my throat -- driving my back into the rocky cave entrance. I sputter.
    A red light arcs -- but is that my vision blurring?
    "Get your dirty paws off of her!"
    I spot Azula over her shoulder, her fangs bared. So that... that light...
    The pressure eases, and she smiles officially again. I drop to the ground and cough.
    "Don't worry. I don't intend on hurting her."
    "Grea --" I can't finish before I start coughing again. "...job."
    "This is just a warning. Do not interfere in league business again -- and, for the record, league business includes these islands. We're sorry for the troubles -- have a nice day."
    And she summons a pokemon I don't get to see... and flies off.
    "Mistress! Are you alright?"
    Azula's next to me, patting me on the back. She looks like she's the one who just got assaulted, her eyes bright and panic-stricken. Everyone else comes out and watches, nervously, as I stagger to my feet.
    "I'm ok, Zu-zu, really..."
    "You are certain, then?"
    "WE WILL HAVE TO SEE HER PUNISHED."
    "No, we should take the mistress to see Nurse Joy!"
    "No, we --"
    "We should explore those caverns!"
    "Jewel's right."
    "Excuse me?"
    "That woman thinks she can tell me where not to go... She's got another thing coming. She'll have to see I don't bend to threats."

The temperature just dropped, like, 50 degrees! What the freezing heck?
    "How unusual! This place has its own microclimate! I absolutely must investigate!"
    She burrows into the floor, collapsing her holes behind her to preserve the natural cavern...Or something like that.
    "Darnit, I knew I should have packed warmer clothes!"
    "...It appears this is the 'disturbance' that woman spoke of. We might be in the den... of the spirit of the winged blizzard."
    Ok, let's see if I can't decode that... 'winged,' so a bird, blizzard...
    "W-wait, wait, Articuno?"
    "...I expected to have to translate that."
    "...Well, that's convenient. I'm going to have to fight Articuno anyway, right?"
    "Since the illustrious spirit does center in this region while on this world... Yes."
    "Ok, Zu-Zu. Stick close. Chu-Chu, this cave still has a lot of water types, so take point. FISTICUFFS, be ready to push things. Spike, be ready to pull us out. Terra, back-up against water types."
    "What about me?"
    "Why don't you eat some cake?"
    "Ok...Come on, dark glasses... Everyone else is too busy..."
    "Rya! I was just kidding! We need you to ferry us across wet patches."
    Seems unlikely, given the layer of ice on everything, but it's impossible for some bodies of water to completely freeze, so there you go.

Well, this'll be handy.

We walk through the cave and encounter a wide variety of pokemon -- as I guessed, still mostly water types, with a few darn bats.

"Well, we can't leave a stone un-pushed, right?"
    "I suppose, Mistress..."
    This time, Azula jumps to it before FISTICUFFS could. I guess she's still concerned. But her main duty here is to keep me warm, darnit.

No boulder unturned!

I'm not sure what good this is really doing, but I guess we'll find out.

After a certain point, everyone spreads out a bit – enough that I can ask something on my mind.
    “Spike, there’s something I need to talk to you about.”
    ”Oh, that can’t be good…”
    “No, nothing like that…” I just can’t ask Azula, and I want a straight answer, so I shouldn’t ask Terra. “It’s just…Do you guys have to obey me?”
    Mellow’s said something that implied it, but no one else has said anything either way…
    ”Agh. I see why this is for me, eh…” He pauses and thinks about it for a while.
    ”Yeah, Azula’s head would explode from trying to give you the answer you want while swearing our eternal loyalty… But it’s more complicated than that. What sorta answer do you want?”
    “A true one, duh!”
    ”…So probably both. In practice: Yes. In actuality: No. It’s complicated. We… The hold a first trainer has over that pokemon, particularly, but humans in general, is…”
    He shakes his head.
    In other words, there’s literally no one I can ask this of, eh?

We head down a ladder. I guess all the tourists, right? Or cave-explorers?

”It’s something that humans don’t recognize easily. But Pokemon need humans. Simple fact. And humans need us, right? That relationship is… magic, I guess. But not pokemon magic – human magic. “
    I sense this conversation going increasingly cryptic. My guess is Terra shows up soon.
    ”…And that relationship, ‘specially if it’s your first… You can’t let it down. Everything in you hates the idea. Even if you hate that person, and what they ask of you… You can’t give up on it. It’s too much damage to your pride, at the least.”
    ”It’s like first love.”
    “Right on cue, Terra.”
    She bows.
    ”When it fails, even then, a part of it’s with you… Or you left part of yourself with it. You’ll wonder if you couldn’t have still somehow been with him… Or if, if he came up to you today and said ‘I made a terrible mistake. Come home…’ Part of you would want to go, even if the rest of you knew it’d only end in misery. And at night, the pain of that loss, or the joy of that success, keeps you up. Nothing but the first and the last – those are the only two trainers that will ever matter, just like in love.”
    Terra’s smile bounces off the ice walls, and here and there is twisted by fractures in the crystal, fractures where you can see the inner workings of the stone beneath, where it looks like a grimace or a frown, where the ice crystals look, for just a moment, like tears in her eyes.
    ”I thought you didn’t know anything about love.”
    ”Oh, you remember that?” She shakes her head. ”You can never trust a word I say… Except that. It’s love’s illusions I recall.”
    ”Oh, yeah, like I’d believe someone who tells me to never believe them.”
    They both laugh.
    I shake my head and go on.

This place is pretty good for level grinding for ChuChu…

”AAH. WORK OF THE SOUL.”
    It looks like work of pushing the big rock, but if you say so…

I go down another ladder, and Terra starts up again.
    ”Of course, my metaphor is apt… And perfectly timed, at that.”
    “So you’re pretty proud of it, huh?... But what do you mean by perfectly timed?”
    ”Pokemon like ChuChu, born of parents who have never been to this world… Are rare enough to be almost unheard of. That’s because love – the idea that there exists in this or any world something other than themselves worth valuing, or caring about… Is not something pokemon normally know on their own. That is something we learn by human contact… Because that is the special powers of humans. If we’re clumsy in our passions, it is because they are so precious and so alien to us; it is why Pokemon in this world can ascend, but pokemon in our own world cannot.”
    “The answer to my question, I am not seeing it.”
    I’m waiting for her to admit that it’s just a theory, that she doesn’t believe a word of it… But her face is oddly calm beneath her sly smile.
    ”In our own world we are immortal. Most pokemon who live for long times in this world…Are not. What is the difference? It is love. Love means changing – that is also a fact, like it or not. Particularly when you don’t have it to start with. The true ability to change is something that cannot happen in an immortal being.”
    “So, if none of you had met me, you could have lived forever?”
    ”Hardly. We pick up the basics fast, and real hate’s as good, so it’s something I picked up from my old man.”
    Detecting a little growl there…
    Yeah…
    Subject’s going away for a while…

Whut?

Ford the boulder! Ford it by pushing!
    (Am I getting my objects confused? Must be the cold…)

Yaaay, free stuff.

Ooh, that could still be useful one day.

Down another ladder. I keep thinking about what Terra was saying… I’m not sure if it makes some sense or no sense, but it feels… strange. True. And, to be fair, I’m wondering what it has to do with anything.
    “Ok, so what does that have to do with anything?”
    ”What does what have to do with anything?”
    ”Ah. Our earlier discussion on love… Well, as I was saying… With the exception of the greater spirits, the pokemon humans call ‘legendary’ are, without exception… Pokemon who reach a new form, having lived for over 1000 years.”
    I think I begin to see where this is going.
    “H-how long do pokemon normally live, exactly?”
    ”That is a very impolite question, Mistress, and not one it is appropriate to ask a lady.”
    ”By which we mean, Azula’s an old fogey!”
    ”I am no such thing! ChuChu ducks out of the way of oncoming fireballs. I have years of good work left, Mistress.”
    “But not 1000, right?”
    ”…No, Mistress.”
    So in other words…
    ”Exactly. What lurks in these caverns – the enemies you must conquer… Are beings who have lived for 1000 years without having ever even understood that something besides their own strength matters. “
    A cold wind blows – and I can’t imagine a heart like that. I-I’m no softy, and I won’t say I’m in love, no way, no how… But I’ve never imagined that nothing but me matters.
    What she means is, there’s no holding back. All the stops are pulled out. They probably won’t play by any rules, or hesitate to kill my pokemon or I…
    The wind isn’t what’s rattling around in my bones, but I don’t dare to say it.
    And then she laughs.
    ”Don’t worry too much; it’s just a theory.”
    “WHAT?”
    ”Do not over-excite the Mistress with your stories, Terra!”
    She grins.
    “Why even tell me, then?
    ”Because it’s a theory that, with certainty… Explains the symptoms of this world. That makes it at least worth knowing…And, because, I wanted you to hear it.”
    Stellar. Real encouraging.
    …But I can’t escape that chill.

We move from one puzzle to another, of course.

Push. All. The. Boulders.
    “Push forever!”

Ooh, now that’s a pretty one.

Everyone’s getting in on a little action here…Except for Spike. Ice could do a lot of damage.

I swerve around until I eventually find another boulder – I don’t really want to brave those currents just yet.

Oh, hey. Free stuff.

Actually, the current isn’t so bad.
    “I guess those boulders were useful, after all.”
    ”AND I HELPED.”

And there, on the island, up ahead… Is a figure. Clad in blue, with eyes as red as a sailor’s dawn warning…
    My breath forms clouds in the ice-cold air, and I realize that the creature hovering over that ground, light forming bright colors on her clothing, isn’t breathing.
    Or, maybe, better yet… Her breath, her eyes, even her movements are so cold… That ice crystals seem to be formed in perfect, crystalline spider webs simply by her standing there, and no warmth escapes to form mist.
    She turns her head, and the that holds us all in shatters.
    This merciless foe, who has lived 1000 years without a shred of warmth… It’s time we meet in battle.

So, what should we catch on our way out?

Also, yeah... Sorry if you mind the really wordy chapter. Sometimes my characters just start talking and don't stop.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Troll in the Playground

Seel is adorable. Catch her.

And wordy is fine. In fact, I love wordy chapters. Seriously, it's the writing that's important.
    Last edited by Tome; 2011-01-29 at 09:44 AM.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

19. - Top - End - #1129

I don't have a preference for capture, here.

I agree with Tome, wordy is not bad. At all.

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Ettin in the Playground

You don't have a Zubat yet!? This must be reconciled. A Zubat that trolls everyone for her own sick amusement.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Rules of your game forbid you from catching Legendaries? Catch them anyway.

22. - Top - End - #1132

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Damn right!

Mind Reader into Sheer Cold! On something with good base stats so it won't die during setup! The POWER!! :evillaugh:

Okay, I'm done. Just needed to get that out of my system. Keep up the good work!

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Titan in the Playground

get seel or psyduck. Also wordy chapters are good but now I'm worred about Zuzu.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Orc in the Playground

I love reading wordy chapters. As said already, the writing's always important.

And yeah, go with Seel or Psyduck. I'm leaning more towards Psyduck because of that hat. :3
    Fluttershy in the Playground. I'm okay with this.

Oh yeah, also: Follow me in my current Screenshot LP of Pokémon Liquid Crystal! (Now probably a lost cause, since the original thread is over six months old, if not longer!)

It's Pants, the Musical Superstar!

25. - Top - End - #1135

Psyduck has a nice hat. Clearly this means you need a psyduck.

EDIT: So what if it's wordy? That just means there's more to read.

EDIT2: More to read is a good thing.
    Last edited by Gadora; 2011-01-29 at 04:08 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Sorry, no can do. Besides, the narrative says that Seed has to defeat them all. "Capture" isn't in the cards... Pity. Articuno's my absolute favorite.

...Also, I agree with everyone who likes Psyduck's hat. That is a mighty spiffy hat.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Change-Of-Heart? Save before attacking Articuno, beat it then reload and Capture it. Great screenshots and you get Articuno!
    call me Dragon

I have left this site for a while. I probablt wont be coming back.

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    Sorry, no can do. Besides, the narrative says that Seed has to defeat them all. "Capture" isn't in the cards... Pity. Articuno's my absolute favorite.
    You forgot the #1 rule of obtaining allies in fighting series. Defeat means friendship. Give her a Befriending she'll never forget.
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2011-01-29 at 06:34 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Troll in the Playground

Nice idea... And while "Defeat means friendship" Maaaay be a good one, and one I'll consider before committing to the next update...

On the other hand, the precedent (and the rules) have been set, you know? Should have thought of this back in chapter 3, audience. (Do I still have any audience members who voted for which pokemon to get behind secret door? I need to check.)

Anyway, I think narratively, the time between introduction of the "beings who have lived without any sense of love" concept and its possible subversion resulting from this would be a little too close to comfort...

Eh. Right now, I'll count Articuno votes as non-votes, and see if I change my mind. You're free to submit other votes in addition to those.

...Also, besides, what good would it do us? Unless you're suggesting we move a captured Articuno onto the team... (Not a terrible idea. I'm still only 40% sure Lance wouldn't kill Rya before her Ice Beams could count.) Of course, the main reason I'm entertaining this argument (besides the appropriateness of "Defeat means friendship") is because I dig Articuno. It's one of my favorite pokemon.
    Last edited by Deme; 2011-01-29 at 06:47 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

30. - Top - End - #1140

Yes, submit to the idea of a guaranteed two-hit-kill!

Okay, now I'm done.