Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1481
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Behind Every Monster Is a Person in a Cute Costume: Let's Play Moemon Leafgreen!

Hey. I found this while sneaking past some blocked google stuff, and I have to say, it's really good. I spent two days reading all the posted chapters, and the rest of the time I've been trying to locate new ones. While doing so, I saw that you needed a rival meeting after the league. He just happens to show his face on your first trip to Four Island. I give the story so far four thumbs up, Machamp style.

I'll see if I can find any others for you. Let the story go on!
    Edit: Nope, other than Four Island, your on your last legs. Unless, of course, you get some others written in. No battles with your rival at Four Island by the way. He just talks about poke'mon eggs and filling his pokedex all the more.

Edit: Oh, and I vote for getting a male Poliwhirl at Cape Brink. If you can find a Poliwag there, I say that the Poliwag would be better. You could name him... I actually have no idea what you should call him.
    But I say that he should have an obsesion with water. Have him always drink it, be drawn towards it, that sort of thing. If you ask why, I have no clue. Something to do with the moon maybe?
    Last edited by SpyShadow13; 2011-04-07 at 04:48 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Behind Every Monster Is a Person in a Cute Costume: Let's Play Moemon Leafgreen!

Quote Originally Posted by fizzmaister View Post
    To be perfectly honest, walk and talk scripts are some of the easiest scripts to make. If Deme were to give me a location and a script, I could code something up in an hour or two. I don't know if that goes against any of her arbitrary rules, but the possibility is out there.
    I don't think I've ever seen an LP where someone offered to mod the game to make it better fit the LP's narrative before... color me impressed.

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Troll in the Playground

So...umm...Guys. I may be taking a little time off; just this weekend. I'm having a guest over, and I've been feeling run down...I may just want to take it easy. We'll see. I'll do my best, but I don't want anyone dissapointed...
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    So...umm...Guys. I may be taking a little time off; just this weekend. I'm having a guest over, and I've been feeling run down...I may just want to take it easy. We'll see. I'll do my best, but I don't want anyone dissapointed...

This is a service you provide us for free and it probably isn't that relevant to your life as a whole. If you need a break, take a break, especially if you're having somebody over you really want to hang out with.
    Avatar by the wonderful BeckyPages. My OC Curtain Call.

My Twitter account, where I will mainly post images of minis I've painted.

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I am raging with outrageously outrageous rage. Consider (please don't) my offer to add an encounter with Beau on the sevii islands withdrawn. I shall not stand for a lack of weekend updates.

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    This is a service you provide us for free and it probably isn't that relevant to your life as a whole. If you need a break, take a break, especially if you're having somebody over you really want to hang out with.
    I agree with Kyuubi. If you need time off, take time off. This is something that is done for the heck of it, not a job that will make you lose money if you don't.

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Orc in the Playground

Take as much time as you need.
    Fluttershy in the Playground. I'm okay with this.

Oh yeah, also: Follow me in my current Screenshot LP of Pokémon Liquid Crystal! (Now probably a lost cause, since the original thread is over six months old, if not longer!)

It's Pants, the Musical Superstar!

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Titan in the Playground

Have fun!
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Bugbear in the Playground

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

You've been doing this for almost a year now. I think we can cut you as much slack as you need.

Just be sure to post 2 days after the LP's 1-year anniversary. For me. Please?

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Troll in the Playground

Post an update, or just post? Either way, I'll do my best!
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Post an update, or just post? Either way, I'll do my best!
    Considering the original post was in May...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Considering the original post was in May...
    Wait, if the original post was in May, why exactly is it being talked about right now?

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SpyShadow13 View Post
    Wait, if the original post was in May, why exactly is it being talked about right now?
    Due this V

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    You've been doing this for almost a year now. I think we can cut you as much slack as you need.

Just be sure to post 2 days after the LP's 1-year anniversary. For me. Please?
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Pixie in the Playground

Still don't get it, but ok.

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Troll in the Playground

Chapter 60: Biker Bust
    Spoiler
    Show

"Seriously, is that actually a male --"
    "Don't start."
    "Sorry, sorry... I just get used to things, and..."
    "Heeey, it's cool, man."
    "It's just mighty undignified, is all, you know? No one should be treated like a spectacle, amirite?"
    "Yeah, I see your point..."
    The two sit down by the water's edge and fistbump.

"But you have to be flexible. I suppose that's something a ground type like you wouldn't get. It's like water. Sure, you can strike at anything... But you have to choose your battles."
    "Yeah...It's just silly. She's been hanging out with me this whole time..."
    "Hmmm... Just mellow out about it -- she may just be egging you on."
    "No, she's not that type. Just excitable. She's a good kid."
    "I'm right here, you know!"
    "Relax. Come on and sit by the water...Let it wash your troubles away."
    "Yeah, you should."
    I sit down with them. The water really does feel unusually nice, sitting her like this...
    "The water's good for people who are secretly stressed; it's why the body craves it."
    I smile and just let the feeling of the drifting water bat, playful as a cat, against my legs.
    "...Yeah, that settles it. Anyone who needs the water as badly as you two do...is definitely a person I need to come see. Sayonara, precious pond. We shan't meet again."
    I open an eye.
    "Wait, you're coming with us?"
    "Yeah, why not? River's got to flow, and a pokemon's got to have a trainer, sooner or later. Name's Kai."

And with that, Kai joins the party.

And now it's time to find that unfortunately-named lost person!

"Bikers! My third-most mortal enemy!"
    "Who, praytell, are the other two?"
    "My father and Team Rocket, from greatest to lesser."

"Azula, remind me why I can't use you to set them on fire?"
    "...No reason."
    "You were supposed to remind me that blatantly murderering anyone who below the top spot on my list is wrong." It's probably also wrong to murder him, or I'd have done it by now, right?... Or maybe I'm just too afraid of getting caught, or still hating him when I'm done... Probably better not to dwell on it.
    "Also, because Pokemon under the command of humans attacking other humans would cause a basic collapse of your society, creating untold amounts of loss and devastation, several wars in which people like you became blood-speckled tyrants and people like this dear lady suffer, perhaps?"
    "...That would happen?"
    "I said perhaps, but... It's plausible."
    "...Right. Reason supplied."
    Hopefully their boss will have pokemon, and submit to a fight.

"Have no fear; I'm with Justice!"
    ...I sound just like a superheroine. I can't decide if that's terrible or awesome.

I don't know how to process that. Kingdoms are good, empires are evil...But Federations are at least usually neutral. But this one is evil.

"...Are you sure you belong in an evil gang?"
    He punches me in the jaw and motors off. Ow, ow, ow... Shut your mouth next time, Seed...

I find a strange little hole in the wall. No, it's really a little hole in the back wall.

"...Are the bikers not bothering you?"
    Man: "Nope!"
    "Well, good luck. I still reccomend Pallet best of any town."
    Its lack of a pokemart not withstanding.

"No, from this day on, I pound your gang into dust!"
    He stares at me and then punches me firmly in the gut, knocking me onto the sandy ground. He drives off and leaves me coughing.
    "Tha...That is why -- why -- I stick... to pokemon...battles."
    "We should get the Mistress to the pokemon center!"
    "...I don't think humans work that way..."

Really? Awesome!
    ...I guess Celio's work became much easier with Bill around.

Well, it's not like they grow on trees!

Oh...wait. I guess they do. Or is it more shrubs?

I see a group of people struggling valiantly against the biker menace. You go, random citizens!

Right on!

Not live in terror?

"If he doesn't, I will!"

"Bring it."
    After all, now I'm not getting physically beaten by a man twice my size.

"I gotta admit, I do enjoy giving a righteous beating...All the fun of letting go, none of the guilt."

I do kind of wish I had a secret signal to make my entire squad of inaudible-to-others pokemon burst into hysterical laughter.

"No, I shouldn't. I'm here for legitimate fetch-quest purposes, not to cause trouble and hurt people."

...Am I seriously going to have to battle every biker here?
    ...Ok, bring it.

"You're assaulting an innocent town and also me! I can be whatever temperature I want to be!"

"I'd like you to imagine an atom. Now, imagine its protons -- if you can. Now, imagine the individual quarks that make up those protons. Now imagine something even smaller than that. That's the amount that I care, minus about 50 grams."

Yeah, I thought the physics explanation might be a bit much for them...

"Please, try."
    Not the fists not the fists not the fists not the fists...

"Really? Because you're still here."

"You don't have to be someone's friend to help them!"

"Uhhh...duh. What have I been doing the past 10 minutes?"

...So, he actually labeled his trainer card 'Cueball'?
    Also, dang is he big. Why is he bothering with pokemon, when he could take my head in his hand and just crush it?

Oh, dear. Well, she wastes the chance on a screech attack.

*Fistpump*

"Eh, I'm probably going to go back to fighting gym leaders once I'm done my business here, actually."

"Well, they did use power points, but I wouldn't call them hurt..." Still, ethers aren't cheap. Or available at all, really.

Free stuff! See, there is an incentive for social justice!

"Yup! We're the best there is!"
    "T-that's a little much, isn't it?
    "I BEAT A LEGENDARY SPIRIT SENSELESS WITH MY RAW, BLOODY FISTS. YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID."

"Maybe one day... But I have my mother to worry about..."

Well, umm...
    "It is only natural they seek you as a protector. That is how communities in Kanto survive, and all around the world. The strong protect the weak...Or, rather, protect their property."
    ...But... That's not fair.
    People aren't property, towns aren't 'property.' That's no better than feudalism!
    "That's exactly feudalism."
    "Terra, quit reading my mind!... It just makes me feel like I've lost."

"...Well, yes." If that's what you get from my mumbling, go ahead.

Bond? James Bond?

"I dunno...I mean, there are pokemon ghosts, after all..."

"Think nothing of it... I can't take all the credit."
    Oh, wait, yes I can.

…Also, they keep calling it a sleepy village… But it’s better stocked and populated than Pallet..

A bush, huh? Well, this looks like a job for Mellow!
    One trip to the pokemon center later...
    "...Cut down this tree?...I can do that?"
    "Yeah, you can."
    "...Wow. You and my little brain-hugger have been doing a lot of work..."
    ...brain-hugger? That's a new one.
    "AnD iT's WaStEd On YoU...
    Yeah...I guess it is..."

"It is not!"
    "...Well...If you say so. I'll try my best."

"At LeAsT sAvE iT!
    Welll...Ummm...Ok."

"You don't have to if you don't want to."
    "Umm...Err....Well...That is to say..."
    She fumbles around for a minute, until Mushroom!Mellow and I both sigh.
    "Relax. We'll get this sorted out later."
    "YeS. i WiLl SoRt YoU oUt LaTeR, hUmAn."

My reward? Free stuff!

"Uh... sure."

gee, I cannot possibly guess.
    "It's been a while since we've had a chance for a match like this, huh?"
    "INDEED. DO NOT SLOW ME DOWN, THIS TIME."
    "S...Slow you down?!"
    "I KILLED A BIRD-SPIRIT. YOU HAVE DONE NOTHING COMPARABLE."
    "COMPARABLE? I'LL SHOW YOU COMPARABLE! RACE ME!"

"There? See. You're both very pretty, and you'll all have dates for the prom."
    "GRRR...."
    "GRRR...."
    "Spike!"
    "Fine, fine. You're good. But the next bird's mine!"
    "I WISH YOU LUCK, COMRADE."
    She pats him heartily on the back, and he looks vaguely confused.
    "Just roll with it, Spike. She's just interested in a good fight."

"To save a lot person of ambiguous age status!"

But I guess letting Azula get exercise works, too.

Oh, please let a Venosaur be next...

*sigh* Oh, well...

"Yaaay!"
    I smile. A bit of me remembers earlier times; this kid really reminds me of Sage, when she was that age.

Wha-what?
    "But I don't want to fight you!"
    Girl: "But I want to have a real battle!"
    "...Well, Ok...I mean...I guess..."

What am I supposed to do?
    ...They really aren't trained to 'take it easy'...
    But...

Well, it's what she wants, right?
    "Don't worry, Mistress! I'm just batting them around a bit! A little rest, and they'll be A-OK, no pokecenter needed!"
    "Really?"
    "Of course. I know how much not being too hard on weaker opponents means to you."
    "...Thanks, Chu-Chu." I whisper.

Well, on the other side of the bridge... I get into another pokemon battle with a little girl...
    Why me? Why her?

Thank goodness for Chu Chu's 'treat them lightly' technique.

"You go for it! Good luck!"

...That sounds like it could be algae allergies.

...What? What's wrong?

"Well, you're going to have to, sooner or later..."

And now...We enter the forest.

By the way... The pokemon we'll be catching on the way back is a Slowpoke, since it's the only pokemon (other than a krabby, anyway) that I can catch. I just didn't feel like doing it this chapter.

Also, I'll try and update the cast list over spring break... If anyone wants to try and compile a bunch of quotes from characters introduced since the last updates, you know, to make my life of finding their font colors easier... Please do. I'll love you forever.
    Last edited by Deme; 2011-04-15 at 04:32 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Titan in the Playground

Loved this part. Spoiled for those who haven't read the update yet.
    Spoiler
    Show

"I BEAT A LEGENDARY SPIRIT SENSELESS WITH MY RAW, BLOODY FISTS. YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID."
    Avatar by the wonderful BeckyPages. My OC Curtain Call.

My Twitter account, where I will mainly post images of minis I've painted.

18. - Top - End - #1398
    Ogre in the Playground

Something like this?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Evangeline: "That makes you, and Francoise, and Charlemagne. That's a lot of friends, don't you think?"
    Chun Li: "Of course, Teacher. You are doing very well."
    Ruto: "Freedom at last! Now, when do we start with the electrodes?"
    Medusa: "I really want a hat like that! It's so kyuuute!"
    Aphrodite: "Yeah, yeah... Wake me when you're done talking about love and peace and all that human stuff, ok?"
    Daisy: "It's my thinking cap. I use it for keeping out headaches."
    Trilo: "And leave a human lady undefended? Nay, I am your vassal now, Milady."
    Chelle: "At last! After 10,000 years I'm free!"
    Draca: "She wreaks of foulness, and even in sleep like death, I have pursued her in my duty."
    Missile: "This will make asking for a small donation to our cause much easier! PLEASE sign up!"
    Twilight: "I'm sorry. Talking with a human is just so unusual...I really can't think of what to say."
    Maggie: "I'll only submit to someone stronger than me; that is the true nature of pokemon!"

And I have to agree with Kyuubi, that bit was brilliant.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Awesome Iron Chef avatars by Neoseph7! Murkrow avatar of coolness by Introbulus!

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Troll in the Playground

*loves you forever* That will halve the time it takes me to do the cast update, at least. Basically, my enthusiam for doing something, and thus my speed, is inversely proportional to how much busywork I have to do to accomplish it. The "actually writing the cast update" part is probably the quickest part of the process for me, or at least the least painful.
    Last edited by Deme; 2011-04-15 at 11:46 AM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Dwarf in the Playground

Awesome update again One thing, you posted the "bit through my swimsuit" line twice at the end, I assume there was a line after that you meant to post the second time?

21. - Top - End - #1401
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, that happens every now and again. I will fix it when I get to an actual computer, as opposed to a borrowed iPad.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

22. - Top - End - #1402
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Yeah, that happens every now and again. I will fix it when I get to an actual computer, as opposed to a borrowed iPad.
    And when you get the chance, there's a ChuChu line missing an end bracket.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

But what will you catch in Berry Forest??
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

24. - Top - End - #1404
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

B... But... But why didn't you get a poliwag, now you will have one less entry in your pokedex (I'm a completionist, can't you tell?), and electrons don't work that way. Electrons are a basic particle, they're not made up of anything else. Protons and neutrons on the other hand, they're made up of quarks. 2 "up" quarks and a "down" quark for protons, one up and two downs for a neutron (I'm a physicist (in training), can't you tell?). Other than those two completely inexcusable atrocities, great update.

As for Berry forest, her two choices are the creepy egg or the pretty fish (exeggcute or goldeen). I vote for the creepy egg because it's the last place to get it.

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Troll in the Playground

The reason I didn't get a poliwag is this: 1 in 255 chance. I could either sit there for an indeterminate amount of time, trying to find something that was both a poliwag and a male... Or I could catch the first male of either that came up, Saving me valuable time. My choice was simple... I'm sorry a male poliwag didn't come up first, but that's how the cards fell.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Titan in the Playground

I took the 'protect their property' to mean protecting their own house which just happened to help their neighbors out.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Troll in the Playground

There. Fixed all glaring errors, except the Poliwhirl one.
    ...Also, I have no idea what Terra meant by "property." She probably meant it the way you read it, but then again... It is Terra. But the subject of the Empowered Person-Ordinary Person relationship is still bugging Seed enough, and refreshed because of that request, that that's how she read it.
    Last edited by Deme; 2011-04-15 at 04:35 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by fizzmaister View Post
    As for Berry forest, her two choices are the creepy egg or the pretty fish (exeggcute or goldeen). I vote for the creepy egg because it's the last place to get it.
    I'll go with the same. I never liked goldeen, and the potential for a Pokemon with multiple personalities shouldn't go wasted.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    Loved this part. Spoiled for those who haven't read the update yet.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, between that and her messing with Spike, this episode pretty well established FISTICUFFS as my favorite Pokemon, at least when strategically placed.

Also, nice setup for fighting the Electric-type with your Ground-type, Deme.

Wonderful update. I love how Seed is embracing the fact that, as protagonist, she's pretty much the avatar of JUSTICE in this world. I imagine this wasn't what you had in mind when you started a pseudo-Nuzlocke run, particularly with the insecurities that Seed still has to deal with, but it really is a natural consequence of the impressive caution and modicum of luck that has gotten you this far.
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Troll in the Playground

Actually... I did plan this (that is, Seed rushing in to be an avatar of JUSTICE, or at least appropriately-pointed vengence against evil in general) from the start, particularly with her past in mind. You have to think "Batman," or one of those heroes whose losses have made them crave justice from the depths of their souls. Or vengence -- when it's as personal as Seed makes it, the difference is really, really small, and not even she knows what she really wants right now.

What I did not plan is that she and her team would be so good at it; I expected a much harder time. Caution and luck... But I may consider playing it a little less cautious, like not checking ahead to see what my enemies will be, so I'm a little less prepared. Probably won't make too much of a difference, but we'll see.

Edit: I have updated the cast page! Huzzah! And the index, too.
    Last edited by Deme; 2011-04-16 at 11:28 AM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)