Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Behind Every Monster Is a Person in a Cute Costume: Let's Play Moemon Leafgreen!

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    Ouch...
    Not to nitpick, but I hope Leafe didn't miss any good Gloom moves before evolving...
    Not in my book.

In terms of TMs and HMs, Gloom and Vileplume only have the difference of Hyper Beam, and that's for Vileplume.

And there's only one move that Gloom learns and Vileplume doesn't by level-up is Moonlight. It sounds like a spiffy recovery move, but...eh. It's 10 more levels and doesn't sound like the most valuable thing in games without time or weather. I mean, it's not like I'm hurting for money with which to buy healing items.
    Last edited by Deme; 2010-10-19 at 02:52 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

2. - Top - End - #662
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Behind Every Monster Is a Person in a Cute Costume: Let's Play Moemon Leafgreen!

DAWWWWWWW.

So cute.

Which is weird, Vileplume isn't suppose to be cute. Why didn't you evolve Weepinbell? Does it learn a good move before evolving?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

3. - Top - End - #663
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Ouch...
    Not to nitpick, but I hope Leafe didn't miss any good Gloom moves before evolving...
    Gloom's best move is Petal Dance. Both it and Vileplume learn it at level 44 in FRLG. The move gets delayed a bit in Gen IV-V, but it gains power each time (from 70 to 90, then to 120)...

4. - Top - End - #664
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

I didn't look, I was just asking. I know most stone evolutions miss out if you evolve them quickly. (Growlithe, Staryu, usually Weepinbell) Nidoking and apparently Gloom are exceptions.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

5. - Top - End - #665
    Troll in the Playground

I didn't look, I was just asking. I know most stone evolutions miss out if you evolve them quickly. (Growlithe, Staryu, usually Weepinbell) Nidoking and apparently Gloom are exceptions.
    Weepinbell has Razor Leaf at 42, and Slam later. I am somewhat less than impressed. I may go for Razor Leaf, or I may not. I haven't really decided.... There's not really a huge rush from there, since I don't know exactly what to do with Belle as a character yet. Some of these guys come easier than others -- for example, I knew for a while now how Leafe was going to go Vileplume.

I figured I'd keep it down to 4 evolutions this chapter, hence why Belle didn't evolve a second time: just spread things around a bit. Pixie, I figure, can wait a little: I think she's on the 'to level 30' list, and Vulpixes' learn flamethrower at level 29, which strikes me as a good idea to take up on.
    Last edited by Deme; 2010-10-19 at 04:34 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

6. - Top - End - #666
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Weepinbell is better 4th gen... Sorry, my logic doesn't seem to be working today.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

7. - Top - End - #667
    Troll in the Playground

Weepinbell is better 4th gen... Sorry, my logic doesn't seem to be working today.
    It's OK. I think most pokemon seem to learn more moves naturally in 4th gen. Maybe I'm just crazy, but... it's what I keep noticing.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

8. - Top - End - #668
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

...On the other hand, I always just bump up Nidorino before level 23. Thrash for the win!

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

9. - Top - End - #669
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    It's OK. I think most pokemon seem to learn more moves naturally in 4th gen. Maybe I'm just crazy, but... it's what I keep noticing.

Well, their are more moves available, so it'd make sense.

10. - Top - End - #670
    Troll in the Playground

I have sad, sad news: Jasmine would lose pick-up if she evolves.

What this means is you're welcome to change your vote to someone else, and not worry about leveling Jasmine...

Or, we keep her on the level-up team, and then voting opens on whether or not Jasmine should evolve, in which case, just say which you'd like. It's a pretty important decision in terms of team management.
    Last edited by Deme; 2010-10-22 at 03:35 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

11. - Top - End - #671
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

What this means is you're welcome to change your vote to someone else, and not worry about leveling Jasmine...

Or, we keep her on the level-up team, and then voting opens on whether or not Jasmine should evolve, in which case, just say which you'd like. It's a pretty important decision in terms of team management.
    Unless the team loses someone, she's really only their for Pick Up right? I say level her and keep her un-evolved.

12. - Top - End - #672
    Halfling in the Playground

First time posting in this thread, to say i love it.

and keep Jasmine the lovable rogue she is.

13. - Top - End - #673
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Oh, that's right...

Well, with the exception of the odd Nugget, the ability actually isn't too useful in FRLG, so I'd go with evolution.

...The sudden change could be explained with Jasmine deciding to switch from being a mere pickpocket to a more classy cat-burglar. Unfortunately, you already gave your only TM46 to Phoebe, so if you want Jasmine to continue to steal you'll have to cheat in another one... (on the other hand, Thief isn't all that useful, as only a few enemies will actually have a held item for it to steal)
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2010-10-22 at 04:20 PM.

14. - Top - End - #674
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Unless the team loses someone, she's really only their for Pick Up right? I say level her and keep her un-evolved.
    Correct. I consider her status "Support Team Member," the way I think about Mellow, Lila, and possibly Phoebe, soon. But without Pick-Up, she'd not have that position.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

15. - Top - End - #675
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Correct. I consider her status "Support Team Member," the way I think about Mellow, Lila, and possibly Phoebe, soon. But without Pick-Up, she'd not have that position.
    Yeah, but her new role as a Persian is already filled. And I though Phoebe was getting some love again? (Or is that what you mean by "..and possibly Phoebe, soon?")

16. - Top - End - #676
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

She would still have Pay Day, however, which is doubled by the Amulet Coin. Except for picking up Nuggets, it's the best thing that Jasmine can do in a support role anyway (other than carry an extra copy of Cut and/or Flash for when you don't feel like dragging Mellow along).

17. - Top - End - #677
    Troll in the Playground

And I though Phoebe was getting some love again? (Or is that what you mean by "..and possibly Phoebe, soon?")
    Fly. I think our earlier decision was to give it to her, now I'm quietly wondering if it wouldn't be a bad move to give it to Azula, or just to leave it to Phoebe. She is on the list to level-up, though.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

18. - Top - End - #678
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I generally put Fly on almost everything that can learn it, unless there's better moves to be had. Thanks to its fairly high base attack power and the fact that its delay turn grants the user semi-invulnerability, it's a pretty good move in PvE (that is, the main game).

19. - Top - End - #679
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Fly. I think our earlier decision was to give it to her, now I'm quietly wondering if it wouldn't be a bad move to give it to Azula, or just to leave it to Phoebe. She is on the list to level-up, though.
    Oh, OK, that's what I hought, but I wasn't sure. I always taught my Charizard Fly, it's not a good competitive choice, but the AI in Pokemon is pretty dumb most of the time.

20. - Top - End - #680
    Bugbear in the Playground

I would say to evolve Jasmine, and teach Fly to anything you need a flying type move for. Getting money using Payday and an Amulet Coin may be boring but it is effective (and you can even do it whilst levelling up, raking in cash and experience). Fly is about as good as you'll get for flying type moves in a non-competetive environment.

21. - Top - End - #681
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Pay Day amulet coin works.

Pickup is generally better later gens.
    (So says the level 60-something Linoone on my Pokewalker.)
    ...I just have to get him to 90-91. Then I can stop and actually get him EVs.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

22. - Top - End - #682
    Ettin in the Playground

I remember I had a Zigzagoon that was picking up Ultra Balls, Rare Candies, and Nuggets. At Level 7. I named her Lara Croft and she was with me to the Elite Four. Good Times.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

23. - Top - End - #683
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I remember I had a Zigzagoon that was picking up Ultra Balls, Rare Candies, and Nuggets. At Level 7. I named her Lara Croft and she was with me to the Elite Four. Good Times.
    Yeah, but Linoone has Pick UP too, so *I think* you're missing the point.

24. - Top - End - #684
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, but Linoone has Pick UP too, so *I think* you're missing the point.
    I was just sharing a story of my own minor conquests in Pokemon.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

25. - Top - End - #685
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

That's because you were playing Ruby or Sapphire (weren't you?). In those and FRLG, the Pickup table is decoupled from the Pokémon level. They realized that it was a problem (for their intended balancing of the game pre-E4) by the time they coded Emerald, and its possible rewards have been linked to the Pokémon's level ever since.

26. - Top - End - #686
    Troll in the Playground

Well, I'm about 4/6 pokemon done, trained and written (plus an extra, because I came up with a good idea). Next is Mellow and then Jasmine. Her voting appears to done, but I'll save her for last to get the most out of her while I can.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

27. - Top - End - #687
    Titan in the Playground

A little tidbit of info, although I don't know if it applies to your version. My version has an odd glitch where you can only get Omanyte, not Kabuto.
    Avatar by the wonderful BeckyPages. My OC Curtain Call.

My Twitter account, where I will mainly post images of minis I've painted.

28. - Top - End - #688
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    A little tidbit of info, although I don't know if it applies to your version. My version has an odd glitch where you can only get Omanyte, not Kabuto.
    Hm. That does sound odd. I'll see what happens when we get there...

Anyway, I'll be posting the update tommorow, as well as updating the cast list, hopefully. It needs one pretty badly, I know...
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

29. - Top - End - #689
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Lame! Kabutops is a lot better! (Movepool with better speed versus survivability? Fair trade!)

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

30. - Top - End - #690
    Troll in the Playground

Apparently tommorow morning is now. Who knew? Time scientists will need to be alerted.

Chapter 35B: Evolvapalooza, Part 2
    Spoiler
    Show

The next morning, it's training time again. I pick a few promising candidates and let the main team hang out and relax.

First up was our old friend Phoebe.
    "Woo! Out into the open air again! Spike, you're looking good."
    Oh boy, here we go...
    "Are you surprised? Spike always looks good!" ChuChu clings to his arm like a monkey on a fruit-laden branch. Spike sighs and tries to slip out of her grip.
    "Stop that! You don't own him!"
    "...How can you prove that?"
    "I thought we'd agreed that you'd STOP THAT!" Spike at last tore his arm away.
    "Boy is he hot when he's angry."
    "You said it, girlfriend."

"Phoebe, can we get to training now?"
    "Sure!"

We set to fighting.

"Ow!"
    "Hold on -- we'll take a little break while I fix you up."
    I go and apply the antidote and then began looking for a super potion.
    "There's something I want to ask, if that's OK..."
    "Sure. Ask away."
    "Why are you doing this? Training the pokemon you don't have use for."
    Oh, boy. Personal question time.
    "I don't have a use for you now, that's true. But I will one day -- didn't I say that?" I think I did, anyway. Does it matter if I didn't? I meant it. "And it's no good if you guys fall behind or get rusty. It's an investment!"
    "I see... I'll work hard to earn that future!"

She flung herself into fighting, eventually learning to slice foes with her powerful wings.

And it is amazing. I'm stunned.
    "That's great work!"
    "..."

"...Let's go for a walk."
    We went on a pretty distant walk, meandering our way through the tall buildings of Celadon, and over to the other side. Then I noticed something. A building behind a fence.
    "Let's check it out."
    I tried to perk up the serious-looking Phoebe, but it didn't seem to be working. Pokemon focus very intensely, when they aren't completely distractible.

The building was just a passageway... to a little blank area with another building.

"It's a little out-of-the-way, but it's not all that secret.

"..Ok, I won't?"
    "Mistress, do you know this woman?"
    "Not at all."
    But I can't argue with bribes.

An HM?... Hmmm...
    "Here, Phoebe. You should be the first one to use it."
    "Really?"
    "Yeah! Because... I think it's be really nice, having someone to specifically fly me around. Useful... Don't you think, Spike?"
    "...Yeah, eh, yeah. Maybe... you could take me for a ride sometime."
    "...y-yeah..." She has a blush so red she could be mistaken for a rose.

"So let's go flying. Let's head to Lavender town, official flyer!" That's a bit of a lie -- I'll probably end up also teaching it to Azula, but... I'll use her for it, too. I promised.
    "Ok!"

She flies up and swoops down to get me, taking my hand in hers. I will never understand the physics of this moment -- I can't help but think about the sheer impossibility of it as the ground vanishes out from under me like it never existed, and I dangle in the air, my hair whipping around me and my hat threatening to fly off. Somehow, there's no doubt. I'm not going to be dropped, even as we swoop over Celadon.
    That big city, the city I had never seen anything like, that had seemed in its green veneer so magical and imposing, with buildings that cut the road with their shadows... Looks like a drawing on a child's map. I laugh, and hear it taken by the wind.
    We land in a rush, setting foot in Lavender town mere minutes after we left.

"That was amazing!"
    "Yes, but I want to see how it is in battle, too! Let's go!"
    She flies off ahead of me, not even winded, leaving me to catch up.

It's a pretty fun move to watch. This is... a good path for her.

"Are we at it again today? How exciting. Seeing all these different pokemon -- it's like going on a safari!"
    No, no, no, that's in Fuchsia... But isn't that my line?

"Oh, my! That really does hurt, you know..." She tries her hardest to blink back tears.
    "It's ok, Ala... A little potion, and you'll be good as new..."
    "I'm quite alright... A lady must have her dignity... It's just... A little unexpected."
    "THEN STOP BLUBBERING. A WARRIOR MUST NOT FEAR PAIN."
    "I'm not, though, a warrior..." She did try harder not to cry, taking a few deep breaths.
    "THEN YOU HAVE NO BUISNESS FIGHTING. DRINK TEA."
    Then she stalks off, having said her piece.
    "Don't mind her. She's a little rough... But she means well."
    "Yes, I noticed."

"I got a present for you, boss."
    "Oh, another?" I got a lot from her yesterday.

"Don't spend it all in one place."
    She laughs a little.
    "I won't!" Why not meet sarcasm with sarcasm, for a change?

"You're doing very well." I tell her over a little break for tea and cakes. Now, there are several questions I have about how she managed to get access to the pokemon center's oven, starting with everything about that... But her little white teacakes are really amazing -- sweet, but with a little lemon zest tang, resting on the tongue like a beatiful summer day when the air smells like big summer blossoms, just around evening when it starts to get cool... And they're moist, too. I'm pretty sure my efforts at making tea are absolutely nothing compared to those cakes.
    "Thank you. My mother left me this recipe before I was brought to the game center. I used to be somewhat popular for them."
    "No, I meant your fighting."
    "Do you suppose so? Truly?"
    "Yeah."
    "I suppose, then, that my efforts at this sport must be somewhat worthwhile... I admit, I was somewhat worried."
    "...We don't have to do this, if you don't really want to. I mean, no one would blame you if you decided this wasn't your thing."[/color]
    "That is because despite your coarse manner, you are a noble lady, Miss Seed... But you are not in a position to lay blame on me."
    ...I really don't get a word of that. Still, I've never heard myself so complimented and insulted in a single sentence. ‘Coarse Manner,’ huh?

And either way, she's learning things.

Another rough match for her...
    "I see... I'm not yet very good at these things..."
    "Eh, you're not bad, though."
    "I'm not saying this because I need consolation, though, of course, I thank you for it. The goal of this sport, this adventure, is self-refinement. If I am less than fully able, it is because this is something that I need to do."

She smiled and a light surrounded her, very gentle and cool.
    "This is why I must not lose heart, even if the battles ahead are hard... Besides, you do make lovely tea, Miss Seed."

...I can't help but notice that not much changed there. But... she knows what she wants, right? It's not like I can argue. Besides... She makes really good teacakes, so it's good we'll be able to have them after fights, too.

"There's your delivery."
    "Hey, Jasmine... Where do the pokemon get their berries?"
    "I don't know, and I can't really say I care. The important thing is getting them off the wild ones without being caught."
    ...So the important thing is they're being stolen. Thanks.

Next up is Sandra, who's still energized from yesterday.

And boy does it show! We breeze through today's session. I guess when she really let go, she really, really let go.
    Then she notices Spike, talking to the rest of the main team, and I get a little concerned. This can't end well.
    "I've got chills...They're multiplying."
    "...That's a pretty crowded ship. I wouldn't go there."
    Am I heeded? No. Not at all. By the way she walks, with her hips swaying, she's decided to stop holding back in a lot of ways.
    "Hey there, stud."
    "...Oh, hey. Weren't you the little mousey one?"
    "Not anymore."
    ...He stares at her for a while.
    "Pity. I think it suited you more than this sort of fake stuff."
    "F-fake?"!
    "Yes. We were discussing it just now."
    "Someone who goes from one extreme to the other... Is probably actually somewhere closer to center, don't you think? So both extremes aren't real."
    "...Why can't I do anything right, huh?"
    "Don't sweat it too bad."
    "It's just a youthful indiscretion. You'll find your balance... Or then again, maybe not."
    "Way to be encouraging!"
    "The best way to teach honesty is to be honest, right?"
    "You're not bad, just like she said... But you're just weird."
    I guess that's the final sentence for now.

"Ow!...Well, it's no bother, in the quest to battle through beauty!"
    Oh, good, this won't be dramatic like the last couple. I breathe a sigh of relief. She laughs a little, noticing.
    "Someone searching for beauty must be self-motivating! This is, after all, a world which desires most to crush beauty..."
    ...I'd be hard-pressed to disagree, sometimes. But I'm not sure it makes sense, this whole 'search for beauty.'

"How does that work? That whole beauty thing."
    "I want more power, so my style can be more influential, and so I can have more beautiful, shiny things like the mirror you gave me! But power without beauty is no good... It defeats the point. I can't lose sight of beauty, of lovely shiny trinkets and a beautiful form to wear them with... Those are the reasons for which humans build museums of art, to display beautiful things -- or why the cultivation of a rose garden is so vital to happiness, or, or why people blow lovely, colorful, shiny glass... That's the most beautiful thing in the world, beauty!"
    I guess she's a member of the tautology club, which would mean the tautology club has her as a member.

"Aaah, what lovely, pretty flames... This should fix all our worries, yes?"
    "Well, certainly our attack-based ones."

Yes, definitely those.
    "...I see. It's so... pretty... The fire warping the air until it shines... How lovely... Yes. It was really what I needed... A beautiful attack, billowing out in nine pillars into the air."

"That means it's time."
    "...Time?"
    "For a firestone. I have a beautiful, burning attack... But... well, what word would you use to describe me?"
    "Adorable?"
    "Exactly so! But I said my objective was beauty. I cannot accept weak substitutes... I admit, though, I wasn't sure when it would be time, at first. But seeing the beauty of those flames... Reminded me of the beauty I have yet to achieve."
    I admit, I'm a little impressed by how...easy all of this is for her. She has a mission, and there's not hesitation there, as she takes the stone into her hand. How can I not envy that?

"Aaah, how lovely..." She smiles and swishes her hair around.
    I need to work harder for my slightly less tautological goals, too.

Meanwhile, Terra was off asleep by the flowers on the side... But a sleeping Terra can never be by herself... How had Erika gotten out of the box, exactly? Before I could say anything, she was shaking Terra awake furiously.
    "WHAT WAS HE DOING IN THERE?"
    "...In where?... Oh, it's Erika... I don't remember the dream you ate, so I can't say what you saw... Was it interesting?"
    "WHAT WAS ALL OF THAT, WITH THE BOOK OF NIETCHZE AND THE VINEYARD AND THE --"
    "Sounds pleasant...Why did you wake me up?"
    Erika babbles incoherently, shouting out random syllables as if they made sense.
    "But... you hate him. YOU'RE ALWAYS PROVING HOW DUMB HE IS!..." Then she laughs, hysterically. "I get it!!! It was a nightmare!"
    "...It doesn't... sound like a nightmare. I show no physical symptoms of a nightmare."
    Terra sounds pretty calm, with a little sleepy smile on her face.
    "....GAAAAAHH!!!!!!"
    How many exclamation points was that? That can't be good for a person.
    Erika staggers away, clutching her head.

"...She hates him. And... she let me come along because she sees the beautiful tragedy of my soul. That's what all the clues point to. WHY IS SHE DREAMING ABOUT THAT PERSON?!!! Why not… It makes no... No, no, I can understand this. There is nothing that cannot be understood – why was she dreaming about him? Why am I not allowed into her dreams? I can figure it out, I can… I can’t… I can… I'm brilliant...Brilliant!"

"People are just puzzles to be solved -- even her heart is that way! And... From the existence of that heart, even if I've got to tear it to pieces..." She looks up and screams as the light pulses around her. I normally step in to these private moments... But now ... "This level of reasoning... is possible for Erika..."

"What...do you think, everyone?!"
    She grins and breaks into a mad laugh, tears budding at her eyes.
    I clear my throat.
    "A-ala? You see that Hypno over there? She needs a nice, warm glass of your soothingest tea... and a nice walk to the pokemon center. And maybe some sedatives."
    "Of course, Miss Seed." Ala politely tells Erika she is very impressed and somehow manages to lead her away, at a speed and with a calm absolutely beyond me. I should take notes or something. Never underestimate the power of a polite, upper-class pokemon.

Moving from one place in the 'slightly wrong' spectrum to another...
    I admit, Mellow isn't creepy anymore. Just wrong.

"Wow, more spores..."
    "You are just frightened, as meat is highly vulnerable to spores... My plan is coming to fruition."
    S-so is mine, I hope.
    "...Do all Parasects have this plan?"
    "No. Many of us are weak, using our deals for personal gain. I am far more noble."
    "Noble?"
    "Yes. I shall be advancing the cause of my fellow fungi. No longer will we be passive molds..."
    "Can't you do that without crushing everyone else?"
    "In this world, someone must always be crushed for someone else to rise."
    Someone else has to be crushed? Saying that... Means that when someone suffers, it's because they 'had' to?
    "That's a lie!"
    I clench my fists. She pauses and looks at me, adjusting her glasses so I can't see her eyes beyond the sheen.
    "Does it matter, as long as you're the one on top? I think not."
    "Back to work."

There's a feeling as we train... of walking on eggshells. It's the other pokemon, being so strong against her naturally… But that’s not all it is.

"This's been a really great spot for 'acquiring,' so close to the city..."
    Jasmine laughs.
    "Well, it's time to see you fight as well as just get me berries."
    "...I guess that's part of the package, huh? Well, let's at least get you some cash."

That aside, though, looking at some of the things she got for me the other day...
    "How do you get some of the TMs and the power point ups, and...?"
    "Not this again..."
    "I mean, do you really get these things off our enemies?"
    "Yeah. Getting things they don't have -- that's real challenge!"
    "Is it?"
    "What?"
    "You do it perfectly. All the time."
    "...Y-yeah...Darnit, why didn't I see that?"
    "Jasmine?"
    "I want to be the best thief... But that's impossible, right?"
    "I don't think it's..."
    "It really is. That's fine by me -- no one can be the best. It's cool... But... If I'm not really challenging myself, then I'm not there... How do I...?"

She goes off and paces by herself, ignoring my commands.

"Well, couldn't you just try and find a new way to steal things?"
    "...That's right. A new technique... Let me think on it."
    She paces and Rya decides to pace with her, whispering ideas into her ears.
    "Alright! I have an idea!... But... Boss, let's be clear: I won't be able to get this to work for a long, long time. And I can't let myself fall back on my usual techniques and get complacent... So no acquiring for you for a bit."
    "That's fine."
    "Y-you sure? I don't want you saying things like 'how do I know you're not just trying to avoid paying your debt'?"
    "I won't. I don't really care about that too much anymore, Jasmine. You've worked hard...And... you're a good part of the crew."

"Thanks, Boss..."

I patted her on the head. She's even sneakier-looking like this... But that's how Jasmine's supposed to look, I think.

But in her new form, she's really very strong. Yeah... What she's given up in stuff-getting, she's gained in strength.

All in all, a good day of training. And tomorrow, we finally leave Celadon city. It’s been fun, and full of a ludicrous number of evolutions, but it’s time to move on. Sage’s map won’t cover itself with stars, after all.

Cast update will be actually tommorow, when tommorow actually means after I sleep.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)