Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Behind Every Monster Is a Person in a Cute Costume: Let's Play Moemon Leafgreen!

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Really? Not even their Friday evening lineup?
    What is their friday evening lineup? I haven't watched for a while now, so maybe they've added something I'd like.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

2. - Top - End - #752
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Behind Every Monster Is a Person in a Cute Costume: Let's Play Moemon Leafgreen!

So, do you know Ranielle in real life?
    Avatar by the wonderful BeckyPages. My OC Curtain Call.

My Twitter account, where I will mainly post images of minis I've painted.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Troll in the Playground

No. I don't know anyone on this forum in real life.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

4. - Top - End - #754
    Dwarf in the Playground

I don't even exist in real life.

5. - Top - End - #755
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    What is their friday evening lineup? I haven't watched for a while now, so maybe they've added something I'd like.
    Batman: The Brave and the Bold (Batman and friends punch thugs. Aquaman is OUTRAGEOUS!)
    Ben 10 Ultimate Alien (Just the next step in Ben 10, a few months after Alien Force.)
    Sym-Bionic Titan (Alien princess, her bodyguard, and their robot escape an Evil Dictator by coming to Earth. They try to blend into the local high school while fighting off alien monsters in a giant robot form.)
    Generator Rex (Post-apocalyptic world where nanites randomly turn people into monsters. Teenage hero has a good version of the nanites, can shapeshift body parts into machines, and fights the monsters. Has a talking monkey for a best friend and is ordered around by The Secret World Government)
    Star Wars: The Clone Wars (The new CG one. Not the old one. Still decent, IMO)
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2010-10-27 at 05:29 PM.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Troll in the Playground

Batman: The Brave and the Bold (Batman and friends punch thugs. Aquaman is OUTRAGEOUS!)
    Ben 10 Ultimate Alien (Just the next step in Ben 10, a few months after Alien Force.)
    Sym-Bionic Titan (Alien princess, her bodyguard, and their robot escape an Evil Dictator by coming to Earth. They try to blend into the local high school while fighting off alien monsters in a giant robot form.)
    Generator Rex (Post-apocalyptic world where nanites randomly turn people into monsters. Teenage hero has a good version of the nanites, can shapeshift body parts into machines, and fights the monsters. Has a talking monkey for a best friend and is ordered around by The Secret World Government)
    Ok, I do like Brave and the Bold. I'll have to check out the rest, except for the two I already know and don't like.

...Anyway, I think my first major decision of the chapter should be: Should I wander around until I find all three pokemon in the tower for screenshotting purposes?
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

7. - Top - End - #757
    Ettin in the Playground

Generator Rex could have been good, but the whole thing feels rushed.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Actually, Twinneedle no longer inflicts poison on Steel or Poison types.
    I rest my case.

...Okay, I'm finished this time.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

9. - Top - End - #759
    Halfling in the Playground

No offense meant toward your tastes, but I hate all of those shows.

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing moe Ghastly, Haunter, and Cubone. Last I recall, Cubone's pretty rare though.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Dwarf in the Playground

I don't really like any of those shows but I hate ben10 with a passion.

Anyway, on topic: If you feel that you should meet all 3 for storytelling reasons then you should, but don't sweat it too much just to show us a screenshot.

11. - Top - End - #761
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGirl

Me: Oh hey, there's like five new pages of the Moemon playthrough! Better get ready for a night in of reading!

Thread: *empoleon swampert feraligatr empoleon steel dragon water blah blah blah*

Me:

What, no love for Blastoise?

Anyway.

Just popped in to say that I love the thread so far, it inspired me to find Moemon myself! Moemon Treecko is the best.

On topic: I agree with finding the Pokemon for storytelling reasons, but if it takes too long then don't worry.

Is there a Moemon version of the standard "ghost" thing? The one that tells you to get out?

12. - Top - End - #762
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Automatistic View Post
    Me: Oh hey, there's like five new pages of the Moemon playthrough! Better get ready for a night in of reading!

Thread: *empoleon swampert feraligatr empoleon steel dragon water blah blah blah*

Me:

What, no love for Blastoise?

Anyway.

Just popped in to say that I love the thread so far, it inspired me to find Moemon myself! Moemon Treecko is the best.

On topic: I agree with finding the Pokemon for storytelling reasons, but if it takes too long then don't worry.

Is there a Moemon version of the standard "ghost" thing? The one that tells you to get out?
    Yeah, this topic tends to ramble... (And I, too, like Blastoise the best of all water starters.)

Also, lucky for me, I found Haunter and Cubone almost immediately after getting back to it, and thus saving myself a lot of trouble. It's a relatively short chapter, so I hope to get it up soon. I'm really very sorry for all the delays -- college, you know?
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

13. - Top - End - #763
    Dwarf in the Playground

It's okay, we put some pressure because we like it so much.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    Also, lucky for me, I found Haunter and Cubone almost immediately after getting back to it, and thus saving myself a lot of trouble. It's a relatively short chapter, so I hope to get it up soon. I'm really very sorry for all the delays -- college, you know?
    But you haven't beaten Erika yet.

Right!

RIGHT!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

15. - Top - End - #765
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    But you haven't beaten Erika yet.

Right!

RIGHT!?
    Uh... wrong. Azula evolved just in time and Flamethrower'd everything. Remember?

16. - Top - End - #766
    Troll in the Playground

What a fitting time of year to be in this area. It's a short chapter, but I'll get started on the next one quickly.

Chapter 36: Zombies, Vampires, and Ghosts -- Oh My!
    Spoiler
    Show

And now it's time to see what my silph scope can do -- Are there still rockets in the tower, doing wrong? Killing the parents or friends or children of more unsuspecting pokemon? I won't rest until I know that. I enter the place where I had gotten spooked before, where the fog hung thick, somehow -- a dry ice machine? Magic? Of course, maybe to some people, dry ice is magic...
    There are no such things as ghosts, even if I'd like there to be...and hate there to be, too. No ghosts. No ghosts, no...

"AAAAAAAAAAH!"
    ...Oh, it's just a lady.

A lady with a strange purple pokemon -- the ghost pokemon, I suppose. But if she has these, why were the other mediums so nervous about this one ghost?
    Well, we have some untested moves...
    "Spike, Shadow Ball!"
    "Gotcha. Ka-me-ha-me...
    Oh, come on! I've always wanted to say that!... Stop giving me that look!
    ... Can't a guy have a little joke?
    ...Whatever. Shadow Ball."

...Hey! Stop bringing me into your strange little thing! I'm not 'saving' anybody!

If Spike didn't already have Dig, this'd be handy... As it is, it's not bad.

As I walk, a vague whisp of black appears, lingering in the air. It flutters and sputters like an unseen flame, detectable only by the changes of heat in the air as it sucked the warmth around me like a vampire.
    No freaking out -- I point the silph scope

Wow, that Silph Scope is powerful. Now I'm pretty sure I could touch it.
    Gastly: "Ooh, now I'm all corporeal! Thanks, lady! I've got unfinished buisness here that needs doing. See you!"
    ...That was... Odd. For a ghost, it didn't seem all that malevolent.

...Um... Can I help you?

The ongoing tendency towards trends continues.

No you weren't!
    ...Seriously.

"Hey, do I look malevolent to you?"

Yaay for non-malevolent levels!

Suure... "By what?"
    Channeler: "By that angry ghost. It's different -- not like the regular ghosts here."
    "...Like...A person ghost?" There are people ghosts?
    "It may be different, but that doesn't mean it's a human being...But...the possibility is intriquing."
    "Humans do not have ghosts...I don't think, anyway. In fact, 'ghost,' is a rather poor name."
    "Oh, like you know the workings of the human 'soul.'"
    "I know more than you."
    "Prove it!" "That's not an accomplishment, Azula."
    "Hey!""HEY!"
    "...SIGH."
    "Mistress?"
    I shake myself out of my thoughts, calm everyone down, and continue onward.

Free stuff!

What happens if I say 'no'?

Oh, you send your nearly-identical, easily-beaten pokemon at me. I see how this works.

I wonder... This mystery is getting odder.

A ghost? Where?... There's nothing behind me, of course.

One battle later…

"In your head?"
    "That's where all real ghosts are."
    "What sort of definition of ghost are you using?"
    ”A true one.”

Grammar, yours is bad!

More power!

Why aren't they?
    "Hey, guys... We may need to ask some questions from the gastlies. it'd take a while to explain things if I did it."
    "Ok!"
    "Yes, Mistress."
    "Rodger!"

Every time I see that, I think about that novella about that woman who probably drowns herself at the end. She gets her awakening through character development and the realization of her true self, beyond her roles as mother and wife. I get mine off of the ground.

Spiffy.

As I go, I keep turning around, hearing little noises in the fog. It's a pokemon, as often as not, but sometimes... It's just air, and I hadn't heard anything. No ghosts and no people -- just me and mine in the misseds. ...Wait, that's not the word I meant. Mists. But I think I'm hearing something I'm missing in these mists. It's stupid, in retrospect...
    It's not like I'd run into her ghost, anyway. She'd... She'd be in her room. Or Mom's...Or... I dunno.

"Hi there!"
    Gastly: "...Hello?"
    "My trainer was wondering: why are you here? What reason do you have for staying here, even if you're not normally very solid?"
    "Well... I'd like to say goodbye to my trainer. He was good to me, and even if he wouldn't recognize me like this, or understand my intentions... I need to do that."
    "He sounds very nice. I bet you'll find him!"
    "Y-you think? It seems pretty hard... He stopped coming here a while ago... I bet he's gone back to Pewter city..."
    "Then you need to get moving! The Silph Scope has gotten you all solid again, so the time's come! You don't get anywhere by hanging around!"
    "Yeah! Ok! Thank you!"
    "Don't any of you say it won't work, OK? I'm not going to stand for it."
    "I wasn't going to say anything."

Oh, wow -- a haunter?

"Hello there... Miss Haunter, why do you stay in this world?"
    Haunter: "I'm not going back until I'm strong enough. I came here for strength, and I have every intent of getting it off of the pokemon of weak trainers here."
    "Thank you! I'm not weak, so I won't hold you up."
    But I wanted to try and catch...Oh, well.

Ah, another gastly.
    "Rya, you want to ask?"
    "...B-but...they're scary..."
    "They're just pokemon."
    Gastly: "Yeah... Aren't Gyrados' tough? I won't bite. Hard."
    "..." She looks like she's about to cry. I give her a little pat on the head for encouragement.
    Gastly: "Come on, sweetie -- you wanted to ask me something?"
    "...W-why are you still here? You're s-supposed to be done here..."
    Gastly: "I want to see a good trainer. I never had one when I was in my real shape, so I thought if I could stay here and be a ghastly... I'd get a better shot."
    "I hope you do...I guess you're not all scary and out for vengence, like I thought."
    Gastly: "That's right!"
    ...Then... Why is there this ghost, full of hate?

As we walk, Rya spots something hiding behind a gravestone.
    "Oh, is it another gastly?"

Cubone: "N-no... Please, don't bring your trainer over! D-don't let anyone know I'm here... I don't want to get killed."
    "L-like...the Rockets did to that cubone's momma?"
    Cubone: "D-don't talk about that! It was so terrible... Humans aren't supposed to do that! They took her neck and... Humans aren't supposed to do that!... S-she must be so scared, back there... N-not knowing if her baby's safe..."
    "...That's horrible! I won't tell anyone you're here! Really! You come find me if someone tries to get you, and I'll beat them up!"
    ...Uh...guys... Most people are tall enough to see over the graves if they look. I'm not even leaning. Rya comes back, looking furitive.
    "...Do you think my momma worries about me? I really should write that letter, but... I don't know that salesman's name."
    "I'll see if I can't get more info, Ok?"
    "Thank you!"

"No, I won't! You'll join me -- in the land of not being possessed!"

Rya's pretty good against ghosts, too.

Ok, but you asked for it!

Oh, goodness, it's not another Gastly!

And it weathers Rya's first hit -- but it pulls back from the shock of the bite, and that gives us another opening.

Excellent.
    "See? I'm not afraid of ghosts anymore at all!"

OK, it looks like there's another battle to be fought here!

Or...Not.
    OK, then.

"PURIFICATION TINGLES."
    "You know, I wonder at that. Why do purely spiritual attributes have sensation? There is no sixth sense, but it cannot exist within five senses -- and so we use inappropriate tools understand the dead... And death."
    "Nah, she's right. It does tingle.... But we could just be paying so much attention we're psyching ourselves up."
    "...That's certainly a possibility. I'm surprised you'd suggest something like that."
    ”Not as dumb as you think, then?”
    ”…I don’t think you’re dumb. Just unthinking. But… I suppose the definition of being alive is changing, right?”
    ”Aww, come on – just go back to admitting how impressed you are.”

...What the heck is this? Some sort of warding magic? ...Weird.

...What? Wrong type of supernatural, lady.

What would a zombie pokemon be like? I guess it depends on the type of zombie.

Well, you sound like a zombie.

YAHHHHHHHHOOOO!

This tower has a lot of free stuff, oddly enough. It's not really respectful to litter. More of this angry ghost?

Guys, please be consistent! First ghosts, then pokemon, then ghosts, then zombies, then vampires? Enough!

You know, specializers in the ghost type seem to be out of luck here. Maybe they should move.

Ok, now you just pitch up the laugh, add in some "vwee" noises, increase the speed, and then you have a proper Kefka laugh.

Ok, sheesh, I was just trying to give constructive critisism!

I'm trying to figure that out. What's everyone overlooking?

Why do some of them talk and some just groan?

Yaaaay level-up!

Are malevolent spirits the true cause of hair loss?

"More magic candies!"
    ...This is wierd. If the ghost is making people drop these... No, that doesn't follow. Rya made these 'magic,' right? She couldn't have known.
    ...Right?

You know, nothing in the tower has helped me find an answer. None of the gastlies and haunters are really angry...except the one. A ghost that has cause to be angry... What, though? Vengence...or fear?
    I think I know.
    "Guys, we've got to go back to town."
    "What?"
    "There's something I need to do."
    And there's something in town that's the heart of this mystery.

Anyway, so what should we catch while we're here, and what should be done with it, and all that jazz?
    Last edited by Deme; 2010-10-30 at 08:29 AM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

17. - Top - End - #767
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Hmm... I'd like to see either moemon's characterization.

...But Gastly is the only chance at a ghost.
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2010-10-30 at 11:57 AM.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

18. - Top - End - #768
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

First, there's no h in Gastly. It's a pun.

Second, when Rya first battles Gastly, there's a rather large error in your formatting. There are more, minor errors here and there, but this one's the most visible.
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2010-10-30 at 12:50 AM.

19. - Top - End - #769
    Titan in the Playground

I vote Cubone. She needs somebody to help her since she lost her momma.
    Avatar by the wonderful BeckyPages. My OC Curtain Call.

My Twitter account, where I will mainly post images of minis I've painted.

20. - Top - End - #770
    Halfling in the Playground

i'm throwing my lot in with Cubone as well, the one hiding behind the tombstone was just adorable

21. - Top - End - #771
    Troll in the Playground

Second, when Rya first battles Gastly, there's a rather large error in your formatting. There are more, minor errors here and there, but this one's the most visible.
    Fixed. Thank you for pointing these out -- I use notepad for my writing, and as a result, I rarely see what formatting I used at the beginning of a sentence when I get to the end.
    Last edited by Deme; 2010-10-30 at 08:32 AM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

22. - Top - End - #772
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ghastly, please.
    We need to find Beau's. It's what friends do.
    Hoc Dictum Videtur Esse Melius In Latine.
    This Motto Sounds Better In Latin.
    Cadimus Concordia.
    United We Fall.
    Nolite Hamena Machinae Timere, Nam Iusta Erunt.
    Do Not Fear The Reign Of Machines, For They Shall Be Just.

23. - Top - End - #773
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HypoSoc View Post
    Ghastly, please.
    We need to find Beau's. It's what friends do.
    To be fair, Beau's pokemon may not be a gastly. It may, but it's not a 1:1 ratio of dead pokemon to gastlies.
    Basically, the normal structure of it runs like so:
    Pokemon comes to earth (well, pokeearth, which according to Seed features America but not France) -- pokemon dies there -- pokemon goes back to the realm of pokemon, met with adulation or shame depending on stuff.
    The Gastly version of the cycle goes like this:
    Pokemon comes to earth -- pokemon dies there -- pokemon says "screw that, I'm not done yet" and staunchly remains here despite not having a physical body -- pokemon gets encorporeal'd by some means like a silph scope or other methods -- is gastly/haunter/gengar, having lost their previous form through death.

Something like that. Every pokemon dies, but not ever pokemon becomes a ghost-type in this universe. Still, Beau's poor pokemon is a possibility.
    Last edited by Deme; 2010-10-30 at 10:25 AM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

24. - Top - End - #774
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Both have potential so, I must go with the time honored tradition of picking who is the very best. Like no one ever was...

Eeny, meany, miney, moe...

Cubone it is then. As long as it is the one whose parents are dead. If not, Gastly. 'Aint I an arse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

25. - Top - End - #775
    Dwarf in the Playground

I say Gastly. But wait. It is the hiding Cubone, who gets discovered and promptly killed by the ghost pokemon. And it becomes a ghost itself! And then Azula eats it's body!

YEy!

26. - Top - End - #776
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

I'm fully aware of this. I made the mistake of attempting to post well after I should have gone to bed.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

27. - Top - End - #777
    Troll in the Playground

I vote Gastly.
    Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.

28. - Top - End - #778
    Dwarf in the Playground

I also vote Gastly, and agree that it should be the spirit of Beau's fallen Raticate. Most Pokemon may not come back as ghosts, but if Beau's companions are anywhere near as devoted to him as Seed's are, it's highly likely that they take any opportunity to continue that they could. Though unlucky enough to miss him, joining one of her former trainer's friends would be her best chance to find him again - and to see if even the dead can form new bonds.

Having one of Beau's former Pokemon along also gives us more of an opportunity to find out about the similarities, differences, and connections between Seed and Beau than his limited in-game appearances allow. Also, the Gastly's conflict of loyalties the next time her new and old trainers meet could make for some interesting drama.
    "Your sentence unfortunately happens to be the precise name of a long-forgotten deity with the portfolio 'destroying all life'." - Mewthario

Ah, the dread entity known only as "Okay, what if I set it on fire?" strikes once more. - The_Snark

Like Pokemon Nuzlockes? Come read Into the Dark: A Moemon Eternal v3 Storylocke.
    I also have an AO3 made of Homestucks.

29. - Top - End - #779
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HordeCommander5 View Post
    I also vote Gastly, and agree that it should be the spirit of Beau's fallen Raticate. Most Pokemon may not come back as ghosts, but if Beau's companions are anywhere near as devoted to him as Seed's are, it's highly likely that they take any opportunity to continue that they could. Though unlucky enough to miss him, joining one of her former trainer's friends would be her best chance to find him again - and to see if even the dead can form new bonds.

Having one of Beau's former Pokemon along also gives us more of an opportunity to find out about the similarities, differences, and connections between Seed and Beau than his limited in-game appearances allow. Also, the Gastly's conflict of loyalties the next time her new and old trainers meet could make for some interesting drama.
    I'm gonna throw my vote behind this, if that's okay with you folks.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

30. - Top - End - #780
    Barbarian in the Playground

Almost exactly my reasoning.

I figured Seed might give the Ghastly back to Beau, I know you can't choose his pokemon, but you might just release the Ghastly, and give it a reason to not stay, like having said its goodbye's, it decides to leave...

But keeping it is cool too.
    Hoc Dictum Videtur Esse Melius In Latine.
    This Motto Sounds Better In Latin.
    Cadimus Concordia.
    United We Fall.
    Nolite Hamena Machinae Timere, Nam Iusta Erunt.
    Do Not Fear The Reign Of Machines, For They Shall Be Just.