Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Behind Every Monster Is a Person in a Cute Costume: Let's Play Moemon Leafgreen!

What would it matter having it be Beau's old Pokemon? She won't battle Beau. Deme's team won't change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

2. - Top - End - #782
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Behind Every Monster Is a Person in a Cute Costume: Let's Play Moemon Leafgreen!

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    What would it matter having it be Beau's old Pokemon? She won't battle Beau. Deme's team won't change.
    An exception could be made for the occasion. Or Seed could continue to flaunt league rules and have an extra pokemon hanging vaguely around her in areas where she thinks Beau may be popping up. Or after a fight, she could drag him to a pokemon center. Or the meet-up could wait until somewhere towards the end of the game, where there's breathing room. Any number of things.

Or the team could change.

The possibilities are pretty wide-open here.
    Last edited by Deme; 2010-10-30 at 09:30 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

3. - Top - End - #783
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    An exception could be made for the occasion. Or Seed could continue to flaunt league rules and have an extra pokemon hanging vaguely around her in areas where she thinks Beau may be popping up. Or after a fight, she could drag him to a pokemon center. Or the meet-up could wait until somewhere towards the end of the game, where there's breathing room. Any number of things.

Or the team could change.

The possibilities are pretty wide-open here.
    Not possible.

4. - Top - End - #784
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by HordeCommander5 View Post
    What he said.
    This. Definitely.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

5. - Top - End - #785
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I vote for cubone. They don't get any love in any LP, plus the one that was hiding behinde the grave was adorable

6. - Top - End - #786
    Bugbear in the Playground

It's areas like these which make me sad. Gastly or Cubone but never both.

Hmm... I'll say Gastly, purely because its evolved form doesn't have an incredibly rare item associated with it.

Actually, can't you find Marowak in Victory Road? Gastly all the way.

7. - Top - End - #787
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ScionoftheVoid View Post
    It's areas like these which make me sad. Gastly or Cubone but never both.

Hmm... I'll say Gastly, purely because its evolved form doesn't have an incredibly rare item associated with it.

Actually, can't you find Marowak in Victory Road? Gastly all the way.
    last i remember Cubone evolves the way all pokemon should: through levels

and i just checked it, and yes Cubone evolves at level 28

8. - Top - End - #788
    Ogre in the Playground

I vote for the Gastly, and I like the "ex-Beau's Raticate" idea.
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

9. - Top - End - #789
    Troll in the Playground

Chapter 37: Monster Mash
    Spoiler
    Show

I rush down the stairs, doubletime, until I get back to town.

If you were a mother, killed unjustly, whose baby was in unknown danger... Wouldn't you be angry? I like to think that even my mother, slightly self-sedated by a touch of crazy as she is, would be furious, if she knew either of her kids were suffering and she was helpless and trapped -- right? Now, after the fact, she crumbles, but before... The regret drops down like water into a pool; every now and then, I think I'll get crushed by it.
    But if it were me...
    I wouldn't rest until I knew she was safe.

I enter the house where the baby cubone was kept. I smile to the girl and turn to the cubone.

"Hey there." She shies back, covering her face. No, not her face. The hair she has in the pattern of a skull. "It's Ok. I'm a friend."
    Cubone: "I-I don't believe you."
    She doesn't know I'm listening, of course.
    "Please believe me. I think... I think what happened to you and your mother is terrible. I want to make things better for your mother."
    "Momma's dead."
    "But I don't think she's gone. I think she's so worried about you... And she can't rest until she knows you're ok." I do not tell the cubone that I pulled this guess out of the air, off of very little information. This could be some entirely different ghost. But I don't think so. I think something's wrong and needs to be made right.
    ...And it really can't be made right. A broken family can't be put together again -- pieces are pieces.
    "I want to do the best I can for your mom and you. So I'd like you to come with me. Just for a little while."
    She looks at me skeptically.
    "I think your momma may be hurting people. And that's not who she is, is it?"
    "...Ok. I'll go."
    I pick her up and nod to the girl, who was watching with a skeptical lack of understanding. Even after having gotten permission from the person who actually matters, I still have to talk to her. And she thinks I'm a little nuts -- but I tried to make it look like I was just responding based on expression.
    "Is it alright if she goes with me for a while?"
    Girl: "Okay... It sounds like you know something important."
    "It is, I think. I'll be right back."
    I run up the tower with the cubone in my arms.

And there's the ghost. The cubone looks up at the air.
    "Rya, be on guard."
    "Right."

The silph scope doesn't recognize it immediately, not without some fiddling.

She hangs, about a foot off the ground. Her eyes are empty and cold, her hair trailed around behind her. She looks like she's standing in a bubble of water, like the air around her is thick.

Cubone: "Momma?"
    Ghost Marowak: "Let... my...baby... go..."
    Cubone: "Momma! She's not a bad person! I'm OK!"
    Ghost Marowak: "All humans are bad! They have no right in our tower! They killed me and crawl around on its insides!"
    "Yes, ma'am. And that's not right. I intend to stop those people."
    Ghost Marowak: "They killed my baby! They kill her like they kill me!"
    The cubone wriggles loose and reaches up a hand to touch her mother's foot.
    Cubone: "Momma. It's me. I'm ok. And... I'll make you proud. That there'll be no shame in your death."
    The marowak looks down, her whole body shaking like a leaf. She's gone thin as ice at the edge of the season, where winter turns into spring and everything melts slowly...
    Cubone: "It's Ok, Momma. I'm safe. There are people helping me...Like you did. Don't be mad, Momma... I love you, so don't be an angry ghost."
    Ghost Marowak: "...My... baby? My baby... Be good..."
    She floats down and embraces her child.

And eventually, it's just the cubone, sitting alone as if she were praying.

"I really wish...I could write my mother."
    "I very much wish I had a mother."
    "We have a mistress. That's good enough."
    "Ok, guys. Enough sentimentality."
    ...I really need to call Mom.
    I take the cubone back home and thank it. Before I go, she says,
    Cubone: "I'm really glad there are humans like you, miss lady. The rest of them... Sometimes they think we don't have hearts -- that it's OK to kill us. It's not fair."
    I don't say anything because of the girl, but I agree, quietly, and enter back into the tower.

"...You know, that was pretty good, back there. Is this why he spent so much time on you?"
    "What?"

"Master Beau, of course. He would not shut up about you -- 'she's always got that look on her face,' 'I'lkl show her!' that sort of thing."
    "...Are you... His Raticate?"
    "Well, 'are' isn't the right thing, is it?... I mean, really, it's more like a 'was.'... Ugg! I hate bewing a Gastly! I'd have never worried about that sort of thing!"
    "Ah, the sudden curse of semantics."
    "It's terrible! Life should just be biting things!"
    "Isn't life for living things, though?"
    "S-shut up! It's not like I'm proud of my situation."
    I remember how sad he seemed about it... I guess I should do something, even if all he talks about is how dumb I look. that jerk. I don't know why I even bother.
    "So why are you in this situation?"
    "Because it was over too fast! That guy came out of nowhere! And... I didn't get to say goodbye. One minute I was alive. Then there was a machamp crushing in my chest!"
    "WHAT SORT OF CRUSH? I MAY WANT TO WORK ON TECHINQUE."
    "No you don't. We're not killers."
    "Good. Because if you think you and Master Beau are done fighting, no way! Of course, he'll offer you that same mercy, being a magnanimous man."
    "...I'm sure."
    "But... He was the first trainer I ever had -- I always got passed by by wanderers. He saw that I was good... I... I need to see him again. After that, I'll take my place of shame for having been a gastly and not a raticate when I left this world... But that can wait! I need to thank him first! I won't rest until I see him doing well!"
    I bet he'd be relieved, knowing his pokemon wanted to see him enough to fight death itself. Or gratified. Or maybe he thinks he's so hot that everyone should feel that way...
    "Then come with us. Like you said, I'm far from done with him."
    "And trick myself into servitude to you, haughty woman? I think not."
    "I'm not going to use you against him," After all, I don't need to. "And once we find him, you can go with him or leave, or whatever. It's perfectly fine with me."
    "...Really?"
    "And, of course, you can go where you want -- I'm just offering to help."
    "Why? Don't you hate him and think he is inferior?"
    W-where did get that idea!? Well, it's how he feels about me, right? What good is caring about someone who doesn't care about you, even if you were friend when you were small?
    "I-I just want him in my debt."
    "I'm sure it's a slight service for her to rend for her beau."
    "H-her...?"
    ...I spot the pun she's going for.
    "S-stop confusing the issue! Besides, shouldn't two skilled trainers help each other?"
    "You run a pretty lax ship, letting me go wherever I please... But alright. I'll trust your sincerity."
    "A poor move. Best trust her fondness, and you'll be much better."
    "...Enough commentary. Into the ball...umm...What did he call you, anyway?"
    "Master Beau called me Angel, Miss Seed."
    "You'll adress her as 'Mistress.'"
    "She doesn't have to if she doesn't want to."
    "She will respect the Mistress's dignity."
    "I see. You let her run your hardness for you. I get how you work."
    "Enough, you guys.

And with that, she joined our party... for now.

Of course. Team Rocket, yet again. Well, time to get Momma Marowak's vengeance

"I want vengeance for this tower!"
    Oh, man, that sounded cool.

It's been a while since I used ChuChu -- but she's looking very good right now.

And getting better all the time.

Hm. That's a new one... But I doubt Raichu-ChuChu can't take it down!

"Good."
    He flees out of the room.

1 down, 2 more to go.

All the way to Celadon? Impressive. Or do you mean this place?

"More power to him!"

They snapped a Marowak's neck. I know how they 'talk like adults.'

Like this, but bigger and with more killing, as they say.

And then the drowzee turns around and disables Rya's bite. Oh snap, that is not good. Time to try a different tactic, then.
    "Rya, use Return!"
    "Take this!"

Woah. Never underestimate the power of love, right?
    "It's time for you to say goodnight..."
    She raises the sunglasses to her face.
    "Sweet dreams."
    *facepalm*

"Shut up! Just because you don't understand them doesn't mean they don't have something to say! They have loves and fears and souls!"

"I had hoped not, but that's not the way it's going to be."

"FINALLY! PREPARE YOURSELF, TOOL OF EVIL!"

"You guys keep stepping on my line."

"Well, sort of. I mean, it wasn't my plan, but helping people and stopping rockets... Well, someone's got to. I'm Seed, by the way."

I could take credit, but mainly, I just did the legwork.

"No problem, sir..."
    Who is this guy again?

Oh, that explains why I never heard of him! I was worried that place belonged to a perv like the fanclub, not some brave old man who'd go and have serious adult "talks" with Rockets in the name of helping spirits.
    It's not a bad-looking place, really. I let most of my team out for their own comfort. Spike immediately edges over to the Nidoran, avoiding the female pokemon who fawn over them in unison.
    But we have things to do.

"Yeah?"

...Yeah...Dedication...
    "Wait, how did you know about that?"
    Mr. Fuji: "I'm friends with your Professor Oak. 'a young lady with a bad haircut and an unusual talent for pokemon.' You fit that description quite well."

"Then we've got nothing to worry about!"

Free stuff? Well, I was going to say that goodness was its own reward, but... Every little bit helps! I have a sister to revive with a magic wish!...I cannot believe I just said that. This really won’t work, will it?

I have something like that, don't I?

Like...giant sleeping roadblocks?

This is unusually serendipitous.

Anyway, it's time to move onward, for adventure! We say farewell to this town of heavy mists... And onward to...
    Hold on, let me check my map...
    Fushia city!

Well, I've been part of that way before -- now to go the rest of the distance!

One day, item...One day...
    ”Aaah!”
    “What is it, Rya?”
    ”I forgot! I had the perfect opportunity to say ‘you didn’t stand a ghost of a chance!’ and I missed it! Nooooooooooo!”

Ok, so we have an early vote, and sadly, it can't be a very well-informed one, to my knowledge... But... Do we want to catch a snorlax, and if so, which one? Note that catching the Snorlax by Cycling Road means we can't catch a pokemon there (like Doduo), and catching the one on Silence Bridge means we can't catch a pokemon there (like Venonat or Ditto), unless some oddness in the routes there is involved. But since I need to know whether or not to catch the first one we run across, the voting is now.

Our options are:
    Catch Snorlax from Silence Bridge
    Catch Snorlax from Cycling Road
    Catch both Snorlaxes (why?)
    Forget Snorlax (in which case, voting for what pokemon to catch will open as normal once we meet that area's full pokemon list)

Also, is Angel's font distinguishable?
    Last edited by Deme; 2010-11-01 at 04:04 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

10. - Top - End - #790
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

[QUOTE=Deme;9676931Also, is Angel's font distinguishable?[/QUOTE]

Didn't you just use normal?

Also, this Snorlax.

11. - Top - End - #791
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Didn't you just use normal?.
    I think she meant text color. I can tell the difference.

As to the Snorlax, I vote the Silence Bridge one. The routes to the east are actually quite numerous, so you should have multiple chances of catching 'mons.

12. - Top - End - #792
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    I think she meant text color. I can tell the difference.
    I can't. :/

13. - Top - End - #793
    Titan in the Playground

.... I LOL'ed at Rya's lines....

Also... I say get the fist snorlax... not realy sure why, but yeah do that.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

14. - Top - End - #794
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I can't. :/
    It's a very dark, plum-like color. Don't feel bad if you can't discern the color from the black, I might have a better display, or possibly just eyes trained to better sense differences in color.

15. - Top - End - #795
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'd like to get a feel of the snorelaxs' individual personalities before making a choice.
    Last edited by HypoSoc; 2010-11-01 at 05:49 PM.
    Hoc Dictum Videtur Esse Melius In Latine.
    This Motto Sounds Better In Latin.
    Cadimus Concordia.
    United We Fall.
    Nolite Hamena Machinae Timere, Nam Iusta Erunt.
    Do Not Fear The Reign Of Machines, For They Shall Be Just.

16. - Top - End - #796
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    It's a very dark, plum-like color. Don't feel bad if you can't discern the color from the black, I might have a better display, or possibly just eyes trained to better sense differences in color.
    Which is why I was asking. I'll go hunting for a lighter color soon.

Quote Originally Posted by HypoSoc View Post
    I'd like to get a feel of the snorelaxs' individual personalities before making a choice.
    Sadly, that's not very possible. I can't interact much with the Snorlaxes without fighting them, and once fought, the decision can't be changed. I could assign them personalities now, but... Giving personality A to Snorlax A and personality B to Snorlax B would be pretty arbitrary at the moment. I don't like that the game has put me in this fix.
    Last edited by Deme; 2010-11-01 at 06:09 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

17. - Top - End - #797
    Titan in the Playground

I can discern the difference but only if I go up way too close to the screen.
    Avatar by the wonderful BeckyPages. My OC Curtain Call.

My Twitter account, where I will mainly post images of minis I've painted.

18. - Top - End - #798

Sadly, that's not very possible. I can't interact much with the Snorlaxes without fighting them, and once fought, the decision can't be changed. I could assign them personalities now, but... Giving personality A to Snorlax A and personality B to Snorlax B would be pretty arbitrary at the moment. I don't like that the game has put me in this fix.
    Save befor and retry like with the gym battle?
    Last edited by HypoSoc; 2010-11-01 at 07:38 PM.
    Cadimus Concordia.
    United We Fall.

19. - Top - End - #799
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HypoSoc View Post
    Save befor and retry like with the gym battle?
    I'm not exactly sure what you meant by this, but it looks like, as Mando Knight said, the way to Fushia City I'm taking has enough different routes that unless there are a larger amount of new wild pokemon than I am led to believe, that we should be OK catching this snorlax AND every new pokemon in our path. So I guess I didn't need to open this voting much at all. This is the problem with semi-blind runs.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

20. - Top - End - #800
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yay Angel! Yay adorable nonviolent haunting resolution!

Also, yeah, definitely the Silence Bridge Snorlax.
    "Your sentence unfortunately happens to be the precise name of a long-forgotten deity with the portfolio 'destroying all life'." - Mewthario

Ah, the dread entity known only as "Okay, what if I set it on fire?" strikes once more. - The_Snark

Like Pokemon Nuzlockes? Come read Into the Dark: A Moemon Eternal v3 Storylocke.
    I also have an AO3 made of Homestucks.

21. - Top - End - #801
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

ErikaxSnorlax, anyone?

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

22. - Top - End - #802

I vote for the Cycling Road Snorlax, because I want to see how Ditto fits into this world.

23. - Top - End - #803

I pick the cycling road one, then use it against Erika!!!!!

24. - Top - End - #804

WHat ever lets you have Ditto.
    I am sqeeing with joy in anticipation of your first Neuter Mon!
    Last edited by HypoSoc; 2010-11-02 at 07:42 PM.
    Cadimus Concordia.
    United We Fall.

25. - Top - End - #805
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by bue52 View Post
    I pick the cycling road one, then use it against Erika!!!!!
    Doesn't anybody read this? Multiple people have mentioned beating Erika after she's already done... Unless of course, that's the point.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

26. - Top - End - #806
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I can see the Plum colour now ... did you change it?

27. - Top - End - #807
    Troll in the Playground

I can see the Plum colour now ... did you change it?
    Nope. I'm so exhausted, I haven't gotten around to it.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

28. - Top - End - #808
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Nope. I'm so exhausted, I haven't gotten around to it.
    Huh, Maybe Mando describing it did it. That, and I have better lighting now.

29. - Top - End - #809

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Predator View Post
    last i remember Cubone evolves the way all pokemon should: through levels

and i just checked it, and yes Cubone evolves at level 28
    I know that. I meant the Bone Club, or whatever that item is called.

Also, I can't wait for Snorlax and Ditto! I love this LP!

30. - Top - End - #810
    Troll in the Playground

Chapter 38: Difficult to Handle
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, it's time to try and put the flute to some use!

"what sort of absurd person wants more work?"

I guess instead of actually continuing onward with my mission, I could just fight fisherman. Sounds like a plan.

It's been a while...Misty didn't have one of those, but one of the swimmers in her gym did, right?...I've never had a fight that tough. Maybe I've learned?

It's an interesting question. Gym leaders are harder to beat than other people... But is that a self-fulfilling loop or something? I'm not sure I get how all of this works.

This is considerably more variety than your average fisherman.

But ChuChu's speed makes it harder for variety to be a factor.

Yaaay!

...I feel terrible now.

"...Wait, you're seriously letting your relationship hinge on a battle with me?"
    "We think we're in love, so we become fools...Something like that."
    "You don't 'think,' you're in love! You are or you aren't!"
    "...May your options always be that simple, ChuChu."
    "Lady, listen to him -- he's ready to propose to you!"
    Young Man: "Not unless I win!"
    ...W-well, it's not as if... I can afford to lose!... What's wrong with him!?
    "I'll fight him. If he doesn't have confidence, he can't really love her that much, right? We'll see what's in his heart the best way a pokemon knows how!"
    "Gratuitous amounts of violence against other pokemon?"
    "Exactly!"
    "Uh, guys..."

Oh, dear, a double battle. So he wants to propose to her and she wants to be proposed to...Isn't that as good as being engaged?
    "According to Spike, not without confidence...Certainly, I do not sense from this man that he thinks they will win. The heart is so duplicitous."
    "Terra, help Spike out."
    "I suppose that's the best way to do things. Ready?"
    "I already was -- but I get the feeling it wouldn't matter with you as my partner, right?"
    "Perhaps not."

"What a charming couple..."
    Nidoran (male): [b]"Shut up! A harpy like you wouldn't understand the power of love!"[/color]
    Terra smiles and tilts her head, nodding once, slowly.
    "...You're --"
    "Wrong. Terra's smart enough to understand whatever she wants... So don't go talking 'bout my teammate like that!"
    With this, Spike lashed out aggressively at the other male.

Nidoran(female): [b]"How unfair! Stop picking on him, you big monster!"[/color]
    "M...monster?"
    He looks away, down towards the hole in the ground left in his wake.
    "You have no business talking that way to my teammate. For all his flaws, he is not a bad person."

"I'm sorry. You two really should still continue your plan. Don't let...someone like me stop you..."
    ... Why do pokemon battles have to matter so much, anyway?

"Spike? Are you ok? I know how you feel about...that sort of thing."
    I guess she means being compared to that old relative of Spike's.
    "Yeah, yeah...I'm fine, ChuChu. Thanks."
    "Good! Because I think...Sticking up for Terra like that...That you're sort of like our noble knight. And no one should make you think something different!"
    "...I was just doing my job as a teammate."

OK, let's test this sucker out...

The music really almost played itself -- which is good, because I never learned to play the flute. The melody trilled against the ears, filling up the air with buoyant sound.
    The Snorlax lifted up her head and glanced casually around.
    "Who has awakened I, the great and terrible?!"
    "That would be me. See the flute?"
    "Where’s the...THIS WILL NOT DO!"
    "...Uh...”

Well, I guess I have to beat her down a little bit before she'll listen.
    "FISTICUFFS, soften her up a little for me."
    "VERY WELL!"

"There -- and don't think she won't keep going! Why were you asleep in the middle of the road?"
    "...The road? Is that where I ended up? ...Hmm...And I was going ingredient shopping for my latest dish... But then I..."
    "Fell asleep in the middle of the road. Yes. We know."
    "...It is a little bothersome... I've lost a good many souffles that way..."
    "...How does a Snorlax get cooking ingredients? I mean, I've heard of pokemon cooking, but... It's not something that jumps to mind as easy."
    "Well...zzz...."
    Flute time, take two.
    "Aaah! My apologies... Happens. It's the unfortunate downside... Sometimes you love what you are, sometimes you must merely tolerate it... But...umm... What were we talking about?"
    "Ingredients. How do you get them?"
    "...Not easily. I kind of have to...jump out at people who have been grocery shopping... And they think I'm going to eat it raw! I've heard of suffering for one's art, but it's ridiculous! And the trash people buy -- how's a chef supposed to work without ingredients? ...Humans are lucky; they get to be whatever they want, as long as it relates to pokemon."
    "So you're a chef? Are you any good?"
    I mean, Ala's teacakes are great, and way better than Pokecenter or Pokemart food... But I'll get fat if I eat too much...
    "Oh! Hey, wait! You're human! Do you think you get me some eggs, a few cups of milk, some almonds, flour --"
    "Wait a second, wait a second -- you just noticed this now?"
    "...umm...Yeah. Oh, hey! Could I come with you? I bet you could buy me lots of great ingredients, and a pokemon with a trainer has a lot less to fear from law enforcement if she happens to knock down Celadon's Whole Foods, so can I?"
    She gets up and finally looks completely awake, putting her bright, beaming face close to mine.
    "...Ummm...OK?"

I thought Snorlaxes were supposed to be hard to catch...

Well, if Stephanie cooks some food for me, I won't mind.

Fishing Guru, Fishing Guru...Do I remember a Fishing Guru?

Oh, yeah! That was the guy who wanted to be "special friends," or something. Man, Vermillion was weird. Weirder than the ghost-town full of ghosts. How does that work?

...Well, he may give me a less crummy fishing rod...

"You do mean just friends, right? Your brother was a little creepy about that.."
    Fishing Guru Y. B. "Yeah, he can be that way... He means well, but he can get over-excited."
    "Aaah..."

"Well, thanks."

Free stuff is awesome!

"I'll do my best!"

I knew there was a catch.

But I don't want to catch a magikarp...
    "Yeah! She has me!"

Ok, I know he doesn't mean it, but that'd make good innuendo.

Aww, but figuring out these patterns is the best part!

"I don't, either, actually... But I have a good water-type."
    Or two, if we count Aquamarine, but I haven't tested her since she became a water type.

...That is really, really bizzare-looking.

And very fast!

But Spike can take her.

"One or two, yeah... They're hard to come by."

"Ah, I see why you're looking."

Well, I hope she has luck with that.

"I bet Freud would have a field day with that, huh?"
    "Him or Piaget."
    "Drat! Who the heck is Piaget?"

Oooh, vitamins. That could be handy sometime.

...The common cold?

Oh, you mean fish-pokemon. Gotcha.

Well, I guess you know what you can catch...

"Take good care of them!"
    "They can grow to be quite strong, really."

"I found iron in the grass."

Maybe I should go fishing sometime...

You know, these people seem to be much better about matches than the earlier ones... But I admit, I'm a little uneasy.
    I mean, I can't lose... But it doesn't seem right to only fight people I know I can beat...

Picnickers actually seem to have fewer patterns than most...interesting.

"Yeah, sounds like a plan."
    I wonder if... Naah... I'd sound crazy if I asked, right?

A level 29... Pidgey? Wierd.

See, much better!...Though, of course, the Pidgey did land in a quick attack...

Excellent!

"It's not a great combo, really."

"Yeah, they do. And that's what matters, right? The thrill of the fight!"
    At least, that’s what I understand with my pokemon.

"I hear the same thing." Except I'M NOT A KID!!

The problem with sometime switching out teammates for Mellow in case I need her... FISTICUFFS would love all these fights.

"Yeah, I'm definitely much better looking now, right, Spike?"
    "I think so. The pigtails are much more battle-ready than the bob."
    "That's all men think about, isn't it? Fighting..."
    "Men and FISTICUFFS...And, really, most of us."

Maybe I should go get her after this fight...

Anyway, Rya probably will manage this well.

Return's a pretty good move.

"That's the spirit!"

"Wait, what? Who you calling sweetie?"

"YOUR TIME TO CHANGE CAME LONG AGO. DETACH YOURSELF FROM WEAKNESS!"

"AN UNUSUAL OPPONENT. YOU ARE FAST -- USE YOUR SPEED WHEN YOU ATTACK ME."
    Pikachu: "W-what?"
    "YOU ARE TAKING TOO LONG! WHEN YOU HAVE AN OPENING, YOU MUST STRIKE!"

"Why didn't you teach that one?"
    "WHAT COULD SHE HAVE LEARNED THAT I DIDN'T TRY AND TEACH HER FELLOWS?"
    "I... suppose not."

"What sort of question is that?"
    ...Oooh, right... No one else realizes the bizzare truth...

"Sure, I guess."

Man, sometimes these pokemon... Get a little nostalgic. I mean, it's been a pretty long time since Mt. Moon.

"Well, they're very cute."
    ...She really didn't expect to win. I wonder...Was that fair? I mean, I know -- fairness is meaningless... But I want it to have meaning. Sometimes other trainers... I don't know how to deal with.

But wild pokemon are a lot easier that way.

...Or, maybe not.

So...um... Yeah. We have a vote: Ditto, or Venonat? I think my tests proved it may be possible to get both, but I honestly can't remember, so make your choice.
    Last edited by Deme; 2010-11-06 at 11:44 AM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)