Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Behind Every Monster Is a Person in a Cute Costume: Let's Play Moemon Leafgreen!

Unless Koga doesn't know about Beau, its 14 not 13 others.
    8 Gyms + Elite Four + Beau + Giovanni = 14
    Hoc Dictum Videtur Esse Melius In Latine.
    This Motto Sounds Better In Latin.
    Cadimus Concordia.
    United We Fall.
    Nolite Hamena Machinae Timere, Nam Iusta Erunt.
    Do Not Fear The Reign Of Machines, For They Shall Be Just.

2. - Top - End - #872
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Behind Every Monster Is a Person in a Cute Costume: Let's Play Moemon Leafgreen!

Quote Originally Posted by HypoSoc View Post
    Unless Koga doesn't know about Beau, its 14 not 13 others.
    8 Gyms + Elite Four + Beau + Giovanni = 14
    ...uhhh...
    No, it's 13. Im guess it's been a while since you've been in this gen, right?
    Last edited by Deme; 2010-11-27 at 09:23 AM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

3. - Top - End - #873
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Giovanni = Viridian Gym Leader.
    'Nuff said.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

4. - Top - End - #874
    Barbarian in the Playground

Oh yeah I forgot he was a gym leader, sorry.
    Edit: You must be Koga, for your Ninja Skills are Excellent.
    Last edited by HypoSoc; 2010-11-27 at 09:40 AM.
    Hoc Dictum Videtur Esse Melius In Latine.
    This Motto Sounds Better In Latin.
    Cadimus Concordia.
    United We Fall.
    Nolite Hamena Machinae Timere, Nam Iusta Erunt.
    Do Not Fear The Reign Of Machines, For They Shall Be Just.

5. - Top - End - #875
    Titan in the Playground

minor nitpick. It's really hard to tell what's going on during that last conversation. Who's talking, who's thinking, and so on.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

6. - Top - End - #876
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    minor nitpick. It's really hard to tell what's going on during that last conversation. Who's talking, who's thinking, and so on.
    Italics (including Italics bold) = lines that have occured previously in this LP. If it's bolt italics, it was said by someone else, just italics is something from Seed's narration. None of it has quotes.

Bold with quotes = Koga

Quotes = Seed

Regular text = Seed's narration.

...I'm not terribly happy with the formatting, myself, but can't think of a better system. I'd be happy to take suggestions, there.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

7. - Top - End - #877
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Scyther and Kangaskhan it is! I don't like how Rhyhorn looks... And Chansey's kind of creepy!

Also, just one thing... I think near the beginning, Azula says out instead of our. Not positive.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

8. - Top - End - #878
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    Scyther and Kangaskhan it is! I don't like how Rhyhorn looks... And Chansey's kind of creepy!

Also, just one thing... I think near the beginning, Azula says out instead of our. Not positive.
    Correct on that count.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

9. - Top - End - #879
    Dwarf in the Playground

Scyther! Chansey! Go for it Citizen Deme!

10. - Top - End - #880
    Bugbear in the Playground

Right. So. I just archive binged on this today. Loving it. The combination of seeing the hack with the cute moe versions, plus the amazing story telling, is just amazing.

That being said, I think I`d put in a request to see Stephanie the Snorlax as the Surfer of the party, as that`d rapidly approaching. I always loved having a snorlax in my party, amazing strength and worked well as a HM monkey for Surf and Strength.
    Let's Play: Pokemon Leaf Green (Nuzlocke)
    Let's Play: LIMBO
    Let's Play: Home [Complete]
    Let's Play: Cthulhu Saves the World [Complete]
    GM of the Yorkton Gamer Guild at:
    Pink Ameiko Kaijitsu Avatar by A Rainy Knight
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #881
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    Right. So. I just archive binged on this today. Loving it. The combination of seeing the hack with the cute moe versions, plus the amazing story telling, is just amazing.

That being said, I think I`d put in a request to see Stephanie the Snorlax as the Surfer of the party, as that`d rapidly approaching. I always loved having a snorlax in my party, amazing strength and worked well as a HM monkey for Surf and Strength.
    Thank you very much!

Well, while I probably will be giving Surf to Rya and Aquamarine (I may also give Strength to Rya and/or FISTICUFFS, even though return is technically better...Not sure yet.), I'll definately give Stephanie it too, then, and give her a little air-time with that, to honor your request.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

12. - Top - End - #882
    Troll in the Playground

Small update: there may be delays. I'm trying to keep a 1/week, Saturday/Friday schedule, so that if I don't produce a lot, at least I'm reliable... But I've got 1 week of Class left, and finals next, and you know what that means: busy busy busy. I keep thinking it's going to happen, and then it doesn't happen, but I think this week it actually well. But who knows -- maybe I'll pull my fat out of the fire yet again. Feel free to continue my Q&A thing from last week, since answers to questions take less time then writing chapters.
    Last edited by Deme; 2010-12-03 at 11:24 AM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

13. - Top - End - #883
    Orc in the Playground

I toooooooooooooooooootally understand, as I'm most likely in the same boat. Best you can do is grin and bear it.
    Fluttershy in the Playground. I'm okay with this.

Oh yeah, also: Follow me in my current Screenshot LP of Pokémon Liquid Crystal! (Now probably a lost cause, since the original thread is over six months old, if not longer!)

It's Pants, the Musical Superstar!

14. - Top - End - #884
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Too much text in the bottom of 40.

Skip out on Rhyhorn, you can catch one in Victory Road.

I say you should catch Kangaskhan and Tauros. YAY NORMAL TYPES!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

15. - Top - End - #885
    Troll in the Playground

You will be very dissapointed with the next chapter, then: I have two new pokemon to introduce, the plot to get moving, and another important event requiring much set-up (I've already done the bulk of it in earlier chapters) to do before we get back to stuff covered by regular gameplay... And that's really the bulk of the chapter there, since it turns out I can't do much with Surf yet... I hope you'll like it anyway, though.

Still, it looks like I'll be able to pull this one off on time, to my surprise. Why do I keep underestimating this?
    Last edited by Deme; 2010-12-03 at 11:16 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

16. - Top - End - #886
    Troll in the Playground

I can't decide if my perpetually thinking there will be delays is good or not -- on the one hand, I'm always wrong... But what if I'm wrong because I deliberately try my hardest after realizing it may not happen? I mean, I know I'm kind of a hit-and-miss writer on this project (I think, right now, more miss; not sure what to do about that), and it doesn't update too much, and so on, but at least I want to be consistant!

Chapter 41: Safari Zone of the Dramatic Pokemon
    Spoiler
    Show

I pick up a max potion. I bet Seed'll like that. We're the fastest and the strongest, so we're sure to find it!
    "Right, FISTICUFFS?"

"...I'M NOT IN YOUR HEAD. SPEAK BEFORE ASKING."
    "Ooops... I was saying we're going to win!"
    "THAT'S RIGHT. WE ARE THE BEST. WE CERTAINLY CAN'T LOSE TO HER."
    I turn and look back at her -- I'm always dashing ahead, so I see most people framed by my shoulder like this.
    "What do you have against Azula anyway? I mean, she's a little stiff, but it's not like you're the swingingest swinger who ever did swing, either."

"HER, I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH. BUT I ANSWER TO SEED AND MY HEART -- I WILL NOT BE COMMANDED. SHE NEEDS TO ASK."
    "Have you told her that?"
    "SHE SHOULDN'T HAVE TO BE TOLD."
    "That's dumb. It's not like she's all that empathetic. Neiother are you."
    "ALSO, I LIKE TO FIGHT HER. SHE HAS GOTTEN MUCH STRONGER FROM WHEN WE FIRST MET. ONE DAY, SHE WILL HIT ME WITH ONE OF HER STRONG PUNCHES. IT WILL BE FUN."
    That'd be really fun to watch... Well, as long as I'm not the one being punched. I know Seed's all angsted-up over how we're sort of doing bad things because we're too good at doing neutral things and all that... But I'm having a lot of fun. I'm glad I left the forest. I got to meet Spike, and Seed, and everyone else.
    "Well, you're not natives, are you, honeys? You lost?"

I turn. There's a kangaskan there; they're the only pokemon who come here with their babies... Eventually, the little thing'll get its own Kangaskan mantle, but for now, it can't get by, so it just looks like a little funny animal. Is that how humans see all pokemon?
    "No, but our trainer may be. She started walking in the city a while ago and she hasn't come back!"

"Oh, dear... I've been looking for someone too. My sister, my niece. She went away a few months ago...Just out for a little walk, she said. We came here together..."
    "YOU THINK SHE WAS CAUGHT?"
    "I'd like to think so, honey, but I don't believe it. Sometimes a wind'll come through here and still smell like her... And even if a trainer caught her, I'd like to see she's ok."
    "Then why don't you come with us? Our trainer would love to help you!"
    "...YES. SHE IS SOMEWHAT MEDDLESOME LIKE THAT."
    "...I'm not sure. I mean, she sounds nice, and I'll be happy to help you find her, but I have something to do. How'd you know she'll get that? Pantomime only --"
    "Oh, naw. She's one of the good humans -- you know, the ones that get it."
    "Oh, oh, I see... Well, I'll see if I can't help you find her, and go from there."
    "So what're you called?"
    "Umm...Let's see... Let's go with Maria."
    "Hey, can I hold the baby?"
    "DON'T LET HER."
    Aww....

It's kind of giving me a headache. We're somewhere deep in this little 'game reserve,' walking by the water. We're marked; we're trained pokemon. This is, like, the one place in the world where I'm not mega-noticable -- lots of brothers here. But Terra's like a sore thumb.
    "You gettin' a better read on her than I am?"

"...Perhaps."
    ...Wierd. I was kind of thinking she'd say something like 'How am I supposed to know the read you're getting?' But no -- she's gone kind of quiet on me all of the sudden. I guess it's the wierdness. We're all connected to Seed, so we get a little sense of her -- how she's feeling, what sort of area she's in... It should be really easy to find her. But it's not. She's sort of... Pulsing. One minute, a read, the next minute, just a gioant black hole. Over and over again. It's not like it was in Cerulean, though: in Cerulean, she just went dark and stayed there -- nothing. Like death.
    ...Human magic is kind of spooky -- they don't even know they're using it on you. And they think Pokemon are scary -- we're up front about what we do; we're honest like a fist-fight. It's not a bad system, if only more of them got the drift...
    "What'd you think it means?"

"...Perhaps... She doesn't think she wants to be found, but really she does? Or perhaps..."
    She zones out again, staring out into an undefined middle space.
    I check her breathing -- sometimes she falls asleep, and she can still talk and move and stuff, so no one notices. In fact, I'm pretty sure she's gone through whole battles without waking up. I guess I'm the only one who can tell the difference...
    A-anyway, I give her the usual once-over. She's definately awake.
    "Terra? The end of that sentence?"

"It's nothing. Just a small personal concern... There's a puzzle I can't seem to solve."
    "Yeah, but shouldn't that make you happy? Weren't you the one saying that an unsolvable puzzle is much more fun?... I mean, yeah, that's annoying and all... But you're the only person I know who'd say that; I like that about you."
    "...R-really?...Well, I certainly meant that... Yes... I see . I suppose I just wanted something true to build dreams on – excellene, or something else. I’ve been a little foolish."
    "Hey! No fair! That's my job!" And then she laughs, little and bright like the falling of light on moving water, or the bright steps of a dancer in shoes of glass... and I send her back to finding that girl. One fixed thing at a time, right? ...Crazy dames.
    ...Still, I've never heard her laugh like that before.

"So you think she's this way?"
    "Almost certainly; the others will have crossed over here as well."
    I dangle from Azula's hand, the grass swaying like waves beneath us.
    "Why couldn't we have all gone together, though?"

"Because they wouldn't listen to me."
    "Isn't it OK for them to disagree, as long as we don't fight?"
    "...I'm first, and and I'm oldest, and certainly the cleverest and fastest, and... What good is being the best if no one acknowledges it by respecting your athority?"
    "I acknowledge it! And you acknowledge it! That's two whole people!"
    "...It doesn't..."
    "I wish you guys wouldn't fight so much, that's all. We're a family, so we should be good to each other, right? You're my brothers and sisters, all of you! Even creepy ones like Mellow and mean ones like Eve and silly ones like Belle!"
    "I'll endeavor... Hm? What's that?"

The scyther looks pretty badly hurt.
    "Azula! We've gotta help!"

"Yes, I supposed so."
    We land and greet the pokemon -- she looks worn-out, and I'm guessing she's pretty old, but it's hard to tell.
    "Are you alright?"
    "Does it matter? I'm beaten. I don't want pity; it's no good."
    "Your injuries are not severe enough to kill you. Don't be dramatic."
    How saaad!
    "The wounds? Meaningless."
    "What happened?"
    "...I was challenged. This used to be my turf, but she was, what, 20, 30 years younger than me? ...I used to take out punks like that, as easy as breathing..."
    "...Why are you telling us this?"
    "Because you asked. I want that to be remembered; I've got no strength to defend my honor with back home. I'm too proud to lie. Strength's the single element in this world, little gyrados. When you've lost it, you're lost."
    "I'm sorry. You are most certainly mistaken."
    I look at Azula, wide-eyed; I've never heard her say anything like that. Of course she's right, though, right? The Scyther's looking at her like that, too.
    "Oh, come on; you're an old-timer like me... Your eyes say you know better than fairytales like that."
    "Yes, I do know better. That is why I must say you're wrong."
    I've never seen anyone look so completely blown-away as that Scyther, whose face went cold and white and awed, like she was staring at something alien. She stared at Azula a long time before asking, very quietly,
    "What would you say it is, then?"
    "Loyalty."
    Wow! She didn't even think! Where'd you get courage like that, Azula? She's so cool, right? If she just said something like that, then everyone would listen to my big sister!
    "...What...makes you say something so foolish?"
    "My Mistress and my sister taught me that."
    "...I guess I got something to live for after all; I think I have to see the person that would convince eyes like yours to believe such a pretty lie."
    "It's true! it's totally true!"
    I stormed off, pulling Azula by the hand. I think I heard the Scyther, after a long time, get up and follow us.

I hear them gather around me. Not wild pokemon -- they've been keeping their distance from me for a while. No. My team.
    "Mistress, is something the matter?...There was another human there, yes? A man..."
    "He had some smelly chemicals with him... That ninja guy, right?"
    "Maybe...I..." I shake my head. "Why didn't any of you tell me?"

"Tell you, Mistress?

"I'm fighting them, and they can't fight back, can they? Not really! Because I have a gift and they don't -- how am I supposed to keep fighting, knowing that it's all useless, because they can't fight back?"

"IT IS THE NATURE OF POKEMON TO WANT TO FIGHT. A TRAINER WORTH RESPECTING COMES TO FEEL THAT DESIRE."
    "But...Even if it's what they want, it's not fair..."
    "Who are you to decide what's fair? If they don't got no complaints, then you haven't done anything wrong; if they've got complaints with how you fight, then you settle them. If they want to fight, then doing your best...Is only fair. That's respecting their power to fight."

"You think?"

I look up. They're going to say whatever they need to get me to fight: whatever they need to say to make me feel better.
    And then I look up at Azula, staring at me with a quiet patience, arms folded behind her back. She does not look concerned. Then Spike looks either way and says, in a somewhat embaressed tone,
    "I'm not gonna lie to you; these are little guys, and you're a big one. But you're not cruel; you're not gonna be right just because you're tough. I can trust that, since you trusted me to be the same, OK?"
    "Yeah! And you're always saying I'm doing a good job, even when I wasn't. Of course, now I earn it, but you know."

"Guys, I'm touched, but...I'm not sure I..."

Terra takes my hand in both of hers, examining it; is she palm-reading, or just looking at it, inspecting the bones of fingers buried in the palm, the bulges of joints beneath the surface?
    "Miss Seed... Sometimes, I see the flickering of your wish, under your eyelids like a dream, chained to your heart like a string of breath... That thing is so precious to you, it makes my little wishes look very small and petty. That precious thing... Is most definately waiting for you to make it real. If you turn away now... Then you've made your own heart a liar."

...It's true. Sage is waiting for me. Sage, with her little gap-toothed smile and her bright sundresses. Sage, with her collection of pokemon dolls and her insistant asking for stories. On the sunny days, watching her run through the grass, kicking up dirt...Fishing up minnows with a knot tied in a string... I'm sorry. I know I failed you. I couldn't protect you from him, his hands, his body, his gun...
    I can't let her down. I need to keep trying, for her sake. To do things the way she'd want me to do them -- to be her hero. If I can do just that... then it doesn't matter if the world is broken; I can fix it. Just a little.

"Yeah. That's right -- I can't give up on that dream. Thanks, you guys.... But... Try and take it easy on the people we meet, OK? I don't want to be worse than I have to be. Anyway, we're in a game reserve, so let's catch some pokemon!"

"Oh, yeah, about that! We got you covered!"

...What?

Ok, so it turns out that ChuChu kind of told a Kangaskan she could come with us... But the bigger surprise was that Scyther.
    "So you're that great trainer? The one who made her say those things... Hm. You don't look that tough. I don't understand that sort of weak-hearted thinking... But she believes it. I'm coming with you to make sure I see that. Call me Eda."
    "...Don't I get a say in this?"
    "...No. I'm only staying until I understand this; loyalty cannot beat strength."
    Wow, thanks for the directness.
    "You'll see! Azula's right!"
    ...I pat Azula on her head.

"Well, ok, then, Eda, Maria, Welcome aboard. I'll do what I can!"

But first, I've got teeth to return (a sentence that I really wish I didn't have to think) and a secret shack in the middle of a large game reserve to find!
    Also, Apparently Spike and Terra picked up a TM for Double Team; good if we need evasive power.
    "Let's get out of here..."

"Oh, and Terra? Thanks."
    "It was nothing. Thank you, Mistress..."
    “What for?”
    ”… Odd, but I can’t say. And thank you, Spike… Both of you. I said something, and I meant it. I heard something true. Maybe now, I can dream of…”

I turn my head at the sound of Terra's voice, muttering to herself, her head lowered and a smile on her face. And light, coming from the spoons in either hand.
    "Greater things...Or, at least, more interesting ones.."

"What the heck, Terra?"
    "...Oh. Oh my."
    "Holy spazzmonkeys! What just happened?"
    "...An unlikely, almost impossible occurance, against great odds."
    "Well, yes! But I mean..."
    "Isn't that your definition of a miracle?, Terra?"
    "It's a definition, certainly. "
    "And no one but me's surprised by this?"
    "Oh, quite. But it confirms a theory I've been having. In this mission... A miracle is almost gauranteed."
    "But then it's not -- I mean, how do you know -- I mean..."
    "Give it up. It's no good fighting her. Knew you’d work it out, Terra."
    "Hey! Now we're all ascended, right! We should get more pizza!"
    "PIZZA IS FOR POST-GYM BATTLE CELEBRATIONS. IF I GOT NONE, SHE GETS NONE."
    "...Well, this'll make fighting Koga easier."
    Anyway, so we finally leave the Safari Zone... For now.

I arrive back at the Warden's house and hand him his teeth. He rinses them off.

You know, I'll appreciate the satisfaction of a good deed done, instead of correcting him about calling me "Lassie." I'm not a dog or a little girl.

"You could have written it down..."
    Warden: "Oh, that'd have been great!"

And rewards. I love doing good deeds and getting rewards.

Why do all old men have HMs?...Well, old men and people trying to bribe me to hush.

Like the one you have inexplicably in front of that item? Well, I'll give it a test run... FISTICUFFS could use it. Come to that, a lot of the team could use it; basically everyone but Terra. I let a few of them pass it around, learning the move.

Ok, now to test it out!

"Excellent work."

She shoves the rock aside like it was nothing.

"Yay! More magic candy!"
    ...Yes, but why was it behind a rock?

I tell him thank-you and I head on out. There's still that secret house to find.

It's actually really easy to find; there are a lot of dead-ends in the Safari Zone, but most of them are easy to recognize as such.

"...That's... Very surprising."
    Don't tell me super-special-awesome-fudgey-competence-megapower also gives me a sense of direction? I mean, there's a limit to this...

No, I didn't really -- I drank the fizzy lifting drink, after all, Mr. Wonka...

More HMs! Yay!

…Yeah. Luck.
    Still, Rya hasn't learned a water attack in a long time, and Aquamarine doesn't have one. That makes this pretty useful.

Well, let's test this out, then.

Well, frig.

...Wait, wasn't there something left to do?

Oh, yeah, talk to Oak's aide!

"Of course I do, sir!" You all wear a uniform, for pete's sake...

...I don't think I have 50, do I?

DO WANT. That'd make training a breeze! I wish I had it ages ago!

...Time to bluff. At least until I remember if it's true.

Really? That's a lot, considering how few I actually catch.

"Tell him thanks so much! This makes my work loads easier!"

As I walk back into the city, I see Maria talking to the zoo's Kangaskan.

"What do you mean, you can't leave?"
    Maria's Sister: "...Master Koga has insisted we stay here... We can't leave. He'd hunt us down. We have to do what he says now..."
    "That's not right! A pokemon is a human's partner, not his slave! I'll... I'll..."
    Sister: "There's nothing you can do... But... Thank you for seeing me. I was so scared that I'd never see you again..."
    "I should have come sooner."
    Sister: "Go. Before he catches you out here. Be careful."
    And Maria runs back towards the pokemon center where she's 'supposed' to be, crying.

Oh, that's it. Koga, you're going down.

Hope you're ready for it.
    Last edited by Deme; 2010-12-04 at 08:45 AM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

17. - Top - End - #887
    Dwarf in the Playground

Most excellent.

18. - Top - End - #888
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm with Ranielle. While I'll grant that I was a little confused by what was going on in your previous update, it was still pretty interesting, and seeing Maria's sister really drove home the implications of Koga's 'the strong rule the weak' philosophy. Also enjoying the multiple perspectives.
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #889
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sucrose View Post
    I'm with Ranielle. While I'll grant that I was a little confused by what was going on in your previous update, it was still pretty interesting, and seeing Maria's sister really drove home the implications of Koga's 'the strong rule the weak' philosophy. Also enjoying the multiple perspectives.
    Would stripping the bold out of the "italicised" bits help with that? Or using a smaller font? Everyone's confused by that, but no one's really said exactly where the confusion stems from.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

20. - Top - End - #890
    Halfling in the Playground

bring Koga down, for Maria's sister!

21. - Top - End - #891
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    Would stripping the bold out of the "italicised" bits help with that? Or using a smaller font? Everyone's confused by that, but no one's really said exactly where the confusion stems from.
    That would at least make it clearer whether these are Seed's thoughts rather than some sort of telepathic message from Koga. I'm sorry, but it's hard to express just what confuses me about it, possibly because I still don't fully understand the update.
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #892
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Take Koga down with Terra. His Pokémon can't withstand BRAINS of that magnitude!

23. - Top - End - #893
    Titan in the Playground

Darnit!

I was hoping Giovanni's Kangaskhan would be Maria's sister.

Random speculation fails once again.
    Avatar by the wonderful BeckyPages. My OC Curtain Call.

My Twitter account, where I will mainly post images of minis I've painted.

24. - Top - End - #894
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Take Koga down with Terra. His Pokémon can't withstand BRAINS of that magnitude!
    Y'know, given that there is a Pokemon move called magnitude, that brings to mind this:

followed by 'you can't withstand Magnitude of that magnitude.'
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

25. - Top - End - #895
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sucrose View Post
    That would at least make it clearer whether these are Seed's thoughts rather than some sort of telepathic message from Koga. I'm sorry, but it's hard to express just what confuses me about it, possibly because I still don't fully understand the update.
    Basically, it was the reveal of something about the nature of the world (And Koga will probably explain it more, since I kind of made a mess of it) that I've been seeding through the entire series. The italics bit were quotes to illustrate his points, all taken from either Seed or other people (at least 3 of the other gym leaders) throughout the LP. Some actually were her thoughts, or even her words, but it's safer to call those "memories."

...This is the sort of thing that would be so much better if this were a comic book. Then I would jost copy and paste the relevant panels, made very small, but with sepia.

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    Y'know, given that there is a Pokemon move called magnitude, that brings to mind this:

followed by 'you can't withstand Magnitude of that magnitude.'
    ...*steals this notion for Toph's next training*
    Last edited by Deme; 2010-12-04 at 04:48 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

26. - Top - End - #896
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Yeah, the seemingly random bolded thoughts are what makes it a challenging conversation. Perhaps, if they're quotes, they should be in a different color. Or just color, period.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

27. - Top - End - #897
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    Yeah, the seemingly random bolded thoughts are what makes it a challenging conversation. Perhaps, if they're quotes, they should be in a different color. Or just color, period.
    Hmmm... But what color? Maybe a light-medium grey? I'd need to find something not in use by any pokemon... Anyway, I've done a little re-working of that bit, so it may read more clearly now. Not having individual quote marks around the things that were said by people other than Seed probably didn't help, either. I was cherry-picking through a fairly large number of chapters for those.

Eh, well. These are the things you learn doing your first LP.
    Last edited by Deme; 2010-12-04 at 09:59 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

28. - Top - End - #898
    Troll in the Playground

Bumping to say, expect an update in the immediate future.
    ...Which means we can officially start voting for the 6 reserves (those in the cast list, + Angel, Nuriko, Dusk, Eda, and Maria, since they're not added in yet) who are getting trained after the gym battle. You know the drill, and if you don't....Go thread-diving. It's in there somewhere.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

29. - Top - End - #899
    Titan in the Playground

1-Dusk: See my username for your answer and she is a ninja...
    2-Eda: Scyther has always been one of my favourite pokemons.
    3-Ala: You MUST get a dragonite somehow
    4-Sandra >.> <.< I just love the sprite... I am ashamed of myself
    5-Phoebe: She needs a trainer that do care for her, that will forget about her (unlike Ash... who did forget about piggeoto )
    6-Pixie: Meh I just love fire types.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

30. - Top - End - #900
    Bugbear in the Playground

1. Eda
    2. Pixie
    3. Ala
    4. Sandra
    5. Maria
    6. Aquamarine
    Awesome Shiny Butterfree avatar by Terry576.