Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Behind Every Monster Is a Person in a Cute Costume: Let's Play Moemon Leafgreen!

Quote Originally Posted by Eldonauran View Post
    I'd vote for Shadow Ball or Shock wave for Terra.
    Ghost is a physically based type in 3rd Gen. Shadow Ball probably won't do much when used by her and her lackluster Attack. IIRC, someone (Spike I think) already has Shadow Ball anyway.

2. - Top - End - #932
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Behind Every Monster Is a Person in a Cute Costume: Let's Play Moemon Leafgreen!

Quote Originally Posted by EifieFlare View Post
    Ghost is a physically based type in 3rd Gen. Shadow Ball probably won't do much when used by her and her lackluster Attack. IIRC, someone (Spike I think) already has Shadow Ball anyway.
    Ah, strange to have a ghost move physical based, but them's the rules. Shock wave it is...

Only other move aside from egg moves is Dream Eater from one of the move tutors. But its another psychic move, so scratch that.

3. - Top - End - #933
    Orc in the Playground

This is why I curse the fact that Abra and its subsequent evolutions can't learn Thunderbolt.
    Fluttershy in the Playground. I'm okay with this.

Oh yeah, also: Follow me in my current Screenshot LP of Pokémon Liquid Crystal! (Now probably a lost cause, since the original thread is over six months old, if not longer!)

It's Pants, the Musical Superstar!

4. - Top - End - #934
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyFoxMan View Post
    This is why I curse the fact that Abra and its subsequent evolutions can't learn Thunderbolt.
    That was exactly the reason why I prefered Gardevoir in Gen 3.
    Check out my Let's Plays: Sengoku Gensokyo (Complete!), Touhoumon (Complete!), and Labyrinth of Touhou
    Jade Curtiss avatar by Teutonic Knight

5. - Top - End - #935
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

I only trained two Gardevoirs third gen, and one of those I did all wrong. (It was before I learned about IVs and EVs and all that good stuff)

About the only good thing for the one was Thunderbolt.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

6. - Top - End - #936
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    I only trained two Gardevoirs third gen, and one of those I did all wrong. (It was before I learned about IVs and EVs and all that good stuff)
    At least when going through the storyline of the game, IVs and EVs don't really affect how battles go that much. It's easy enough already, since pretty much all you have to do is just match up type advantages.

Otherwise, we'd have a bunch of kids throwing their handhelds across the room over how impossible Brock's Geodude is to beat without a competitively trained Bulbasaur or something.

7. - Top - End - #937
    Ogre in the Playground

Otherwise, we'd have a bunch of kids throwing their handhelds across the room over how impossible Brock's Geodude is to beat without a competitively trained Bulbasaur or something.
    And have you seen the old Gameboys? They're built like bricks man! Like bricks!
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

8. - Top - End - #938
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Geno9999 View Post
    And have you seen the old Gameboys? They're built like bricks man! Like bricks!
    I know several people who call them "bricks" anyway, and they pretty much were bricks. You could seriously throw them out a second floor window, forget it in the rain, let it get mauled by a dog, and it'd still work perfectly fine.

Newer ones...not as durable. Case in point, one punch to a DS Lite screen will break its hinges.

9. - Top - End - #939
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

It wasn't just EVs/IVs, (actually, I didn't start using those until midway through fourth gen). It was moveset. I'm not sure what I was thinking with Psychic, Future Sight, Hypnosis, Thunderbolt.

And I have a near-broken DS that I keep for Pokemon trading.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

10. - Top - End - #940
    Ogre in the Playground

And I have a near-broken DS that I keep for Pokemon trading.
    The top screen of my DS broke once, so I sent it to Nintendo.

They don't make them portable like they used to: like surviving an explosion in the Gulf War. I hear it's on display at Nintendo World.
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

11. - Top - End - #941
    Troll in the Playground

I know several people who call them "bricks" anyway, and they pretty much were bricks. You could seriously throw them out a second floor window, forget it in the rain, let it get mauled by a dog, and it'd still work perfectly fine.

Newer ones...not as durable. Case in point, one punch to a DS Lite screen will break its hinges.
    Totally. My original gameboy was left out in the rainiest part of the year for about 3 months. Still worked when I found it in the grass in the spring. I didn't abuse my machines much (except my laptops), so I don't have really fun stories, but... I do notice that the number of years a machine worked for me decreased pretty significantly sometime around the PS2 era. I'm assuming the PS3 is made out of sugarwork.
    Last edited by Deme; 2010-12-15 at 06:09 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

12. - Top - End - #942
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    Totally. My original gameboy was left out in the rainiest part of the year for about 3 months. Still worked when I found it in the grass in the spring. I didn't abuse my machines much (except my laptops), so I don't have really fun stories, but... I do notice that the number of years a machine worked for me decreased pretty significantly sometime around the PS2 era. I'm assuming the PS3 is made out of sugarwork.
    You know, since we're on the topic of durable Gameboys, there's a interesting story relating to it- Apparently, there is a Gameboy that was found that survived an explosion and still works. It was apparently damaged during the Gulf War.

EDIT: wow, someone mentioned it already. Man, I gotta learn to skim through pages better.
    Last edited by FantasyFoxMan; 2010-12-15 at 07:00 PM.

Oh yeah, also: Follow me in my current Screenshot LP of Pokémon Liquid Crystal! (Now probably a lost cause, since the original thread is over six months old, if not longer!)

13. - Top - End - #943
    Titan in the Playground

Guys? We're kind of off the rails here.
    Avatar by the wonderful BeckyPages. My OC Curtain Call.

My Twitter account, where I will mainly post images of minis I've painted.

14. - Top - End - #944
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    Guys? We're kind of off the rails here.
    We were on rails? I don't see them anywhere. oh you mean that tiny speck WAY over there ------------------------------------------------------->
    call me Dragon

I have left this site for a while. I probablt wont be coming back.

15. - Top - End - #945
    Troll in the Playground

This tends to happen any time the thread is active in the lull between updates. Speaking of which, after this next one, it's christmas break, so I'll be doing a lot. My goal? To get at least off of the mainland by the time school comes back on Jan. 10.

What'd'ya think, folks, can I do it?
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

16. - Top - End - #946
    Titan in the Playground

This tends to happen any time the thread is active in the lull between updates. Speaking of which, after this next one, it's christmas break, so I'll be doing a lot. My goal? To get at least off of the mainland by the time school comes back on Jan. 10.

:Raul Julia as M. Bison: Of course!
    Avatar by the wonderful BeckyPages. My OC Curtain Call.

My Twitter account, where I will mainly post images of minis I've painted.

17. - Top - End - #947
    Ogre in the Playground

Sure, go for it! Just 3 Gyms left!
    Last edited by Sucrose; 2010-12-15 at 08:49 PM.
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #948
    Orc in the Playground

Of course you can! Press onward! :3
    Last edited by FantasyFoxMan; 2010-12-15 at 10:00 PM.

19. - Top - End - #949
    Titan in the Playground

Just finished reading through the whole thread. First time reading through a LP and are they all this good?
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

20. - Top - End - #950
    Troll in the Playground

Well, I would say that Sturgeon's law applies to all things. Most of the LPs on here are pretty good, though. Thanks for the compliment.

Chapter 43: And it's Training Time Again
    Spoiler
    Show

The next morning, Maria's not in the box, and the computer's a little confused. I step outside and see that the zoos are empty -- most people are making a fuss. In front of each pen is a sign:
    "Permanently closed by order of Koga."
    ...Way to take the credit, Koga. But at least the pokemon are free now.

And I find Maria and her sister on the edge of the city, talking very quietly, their heads dipped towards eachother like a pair of heavy flowers; like a pair of planets, they had their own private orbit, glowing with a sun's happiness. They hug, the little babies in their pouches clasping each other's claws in happiness.
    ...I know better than to disturb that.
    "You know, it actually feels pretty good to be the good guys."
    "Duh! Of course it does!"
    "...I still don't recall signing up for such a thing."
    "...No, but you helped me out earlier anyway. I'd say that makes you good anyway."
    "...Well, it is somewhat pleasant."
    "Yeah. A job well-done, a family put back together... It's a good feeling."
    "What do you think Maria will do now?"
    "You would let her go, Mistress?"
    "Didn't I say it? I'm not holding pokemon against their wills -- that'd mean I'd be no better than Koga."
    "Does she know that?"
    "...I don't know."

"Hey there, sugah. I wanted to thank ya'll."
    "Eh, think nothing of it...So, what are you two going to do now?"[/color]
    "Like I said, I want to thank ya'll. So... For at least a little while, I want to come along and help out where I can."
    "Really? But your sister..."
    "Knows I can't stand to leave a debt unpaid. When you're done the league, I'll come back -- maybe I'll even be strong enough to protect them."
    "Well, why don't we go work on that now? I want to try and keep as many pokemon as possible as strong as possible."
    Besides, it's a lot of fun, just training.
    "Well, ok then. Let's get to this."

She trains fairly well -- not perfectly, but Megapunch takes out most foes in 1-2 hits, and they don't hurt her very much.

But... when one of the Weepinbells she's against comes within an inch of her baby...

"YOU TAKE YOUR VINES OFFA HER!"

...That is a lesson everyone should take note of.
    Another lesson is one of her moves, one I've never seen before -- "Fake out." I'm not sure how long I'll keep it, but it's very interesting. She can only do it once, at the starts of a fight...

But the results are pretty neat.
    And, more importantly, they save her from getting poisoned every five seconds, and the lack of an extra hit in makes her training run as smooth as silk.

"Well, let's see, who's next..."
    "...Hey, could you...Not pick me? Miss Seed, I wanna watch. You keep beating us -- Master Beau and all... And I wanna know how!"
    "Sure, Angel. No problem." ... Of course, I may be a little worried about her spying, but that's OK.
    But who should be next, if not the Gastly?
    "..."
    "Aquamarine? What's up?"
    "...I...Would like to try...this technique."
    She holds up the disk for Surf, her eyes looking cooly into mine.
    "Ok, then. Let's go out and try it."

But out first opportunity is for Ice Beam.

"Ok, let it rip!"

"...That was... Fun... I like using waves like that."
    Hold the phone. That may have been the longest sentence without elipses I've gotten out of her.

Between Ice Beam and Surf, she seems to be having a much easier time than when she was an Evee.

Of course...
    "...Could you maybe use Surf a little less? Just against these guys."
    "...Yes...I suppose so..."
    "You suppose so? Miss Seed, listen to that! Are you going to be so soft as to just ask poli --"
    "Just because I'm her trainer doesn't mean I have to order her -- she's not endangering herself too much."
    "Master Beau would never be so soft! And you! You could die! You know what that's like?"
    "Not really... I've never died before..."
    "Well it hurts! Like, a lot!"

"Good work."
    "There... Satisfied?"
    "Nooo! You're both dodging the issue!"
    "I don't care how it gets done, as long as it gets done. Besides, Aquamarine's kind of serious, so anything that makes her happy is good."
    "...Thank you... for your concern..."
    "Who do you mean? Her, or me?"
    "..."
    "...W-Well, you're welcome!"

Next up...
    "Ready, beautiful?"
    "Hee... You called me beautiful."
    "Well, yes. You keep talking about it."
    "Well, yeah... But it's always nice to feel like your progress is getting acknowledged."
    "Well, are you ready?"
    "Yeah <3"
    I will not ask how she made that noise. I'm guessing magic.

The high number of bug and grass types made things really easy for her -- I'm starting to wonder if maybe the pokemon in the last area weren't relatively hard compared to the pokemon I was training.

"Everyone's really making a lot of good progress today -- maybe I should whip the main team into shape here, too."
    "That'd be pretty fun to watch... Some of them are just so lovely."
    "Eh, Spike's a crowded bandwagon; I wouldn't go hopping on." I mean, who'd be so dumb as to get on whatever everyone else is doing and expect to do well?
    "Oh, not Spike. He's much too brutish -- for a man, I prefer Nuriko -- I love his fashion sense, and he's so much fun... But for your girls, I'd be lying if I said I didn't find Azula so lovely...It's the beauty of a flame."
    "...Good luck with that?"
    "Well, I wouldn't want to have her... But a cold heart, surrounded by warm flames? Ahh...It's like watching flights of birds."
    "She's not that cold, really..."
    "No, you're right. But the contrast still works."
    "...What is this, a soap opera? Master Beau... Do you know your leman talks like this?"

Next up was Sandra, and it...

Wasn't her location. Sure, the pokemon aren't really high-damagers, but...

"Here we go... Man, I'll have to make an antidote run soon. I can't keep buying full heals to burn through them like that."
    "I-I'm sorry. I'm trying to work on being tougher, without faking it, and..."
    "It's cool. It's not your area -- it's hard not to respect that. Sometimes you have it tougher than others."
    "If you say so... How do you know when you've 'found yourself'?"
    "...You're asking me?"
    "Yeah."
    "...I don't know myself. But I think if you're worried about showing that to other people, you'll never get there. Don't worry about apologizing to me, or what I think."
    "Ok, then. Let's keep going!"
    "Yeah!" Well, slow and steady...

Next up was the weakest of the pokemon on my list...
    "Eda. Come on."
    "Hmph. Don't waste your time on an old-timer, girly."
    "No, I insist. You're coming along, you need to get tougher." I grin. "Unless you think you can't?"
    "...You think...I can't?"
    She narrows her eyes.
    "All right. Let's do this."
    And so we go.

And it's slow-going at first. None of her moves are very tough, and I can see the age in her movements.
    "We could always give you the EXP share..."
    "No. Even if I fail... I do it on my own feet. No dependencies."

She struggles on, until eventually...

"...I can still do this. Not a bad lesson, trainer."

"Now, let's test it out."
    And she rushes forward, slicing them across with her bladed wings.

"Impressive."

"Haa. I haven't felt this good in years. I may have called it early."
    "Yeah. I told you it was worth my time."
    "You never said that exactly... But you're right."

And she's learning moves pretty quickly, too.

And between Wing Attack and Slash, she can basically manage everything, cutting though it all like butter.

"Ok, old timer, let's have a break."
    "I could go on more... But alright."
    She leans back and closes her eyes, and within a few minutes is asleep.

Last but not least...
    "I've been awaiting your arrival. Well, shall we begin?"
    "Sure. Let's see what you can do."

Get hurt and confused, it seems...
    "Yes, miss Muffet, I'd like some more cookies..."
    "Miss Muffet only had Curds and Way, sweetie. Come on..."
    I pat her head until she's out of it.
    "I'm sorry; did I make a terrible fool of myself?"
    "Not that terrible."
    "By the way... I was hoping perhaps to see the Safari Zone later... I mean, I have always wanted an opportunity to wear my helmet..."
    She looks a little embarrassed as she takes out a small pith helmet.
    "Ok, then. When I go find stuff in there, I'll take you along, too."
    "Oh, thank you! This will be ever so exciting."
    It's slow and steady for her at first... Well, at least until I realize I should tell her to use slam.
    ...Well, when Slam hits anyway.

Her ability helps her avoid some trouble from the locals – they mainly use status effects that she can just step out of, as if she were changing clothes.
    She takes a while to learn things, but the lessons sink in fairly well, so eventually she picks up steam. Still a long way to go, Ala.

But progress is still progress.

"Well, you guys had a nice day's break?"
    "Yes, we did indeed."
    "We went to the beach!"
    "That's good. It's back to work tommorow."
    "...So this is how he ends up being anywhere before her..."

I've also changed Angel's font color for this update, in the hopes that it's more distinguishable. I'll be updating cast list this afternoon, and then it's on to collecting more stuff at the safari zone and cycle road!
    Last edited by Deme; 2010-12-18 at 08:27 AM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

21. - Top - End - #951
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, the font color doesn't help out all that much, but the content made it pretty clear.

The update was quite entertaining. As always, your banter is outstanding. I particularly liked

Quote Originally Posted by Update
    "Well, are you ready?"
    "Yeah <3"
    I will not ask how she made that noise. I'm guessing magic.
    that.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #952
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sucrose View Post
    Well, the font color doesn't help out all that much, but the content made it pretty clear.

The update was quite entertaining. As always, your banter is outstanding. I particularly liked

that.
    I could have sworn that it had a much greater contrast to the black text than the old one...
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

23. - Top - End - #953
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Yay not plot-obese update!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

24. - Top - End - #954
    Ogre in the Playground

I could have sworn that it had a much greater contrast to the black text than the old one...
    I dunno, maybe your eyes are just better at finding contrast than mine. Just reporting what I saw.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #955
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

It's pretty different contrast, but then, I have fairly well trained color contrasting abilities.

Also, are you going to do another "train everybody" update? Because we definitely need to get some evolutions going. More chance for character development. No offense Deme, especially since you didn't choose who to train, but there wasn't a whole lot you could do with Sandra or Ala there. Not that the bit about the pith helmet wasn't cute.

...I'd just rather see some evolutions than the same characters every time, especially since, if they missed a session, they would get an even longer time next go round.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

26. - Top - End - #956
    Troll in the Playground

It's pretty different contrast, but then, I have fairly well trained color contrasting abilities.

Also, are you going to do another "train everybody" update? Because we definitely need to get some evolutions going. More chance for character development. No offense Deme, especially since you didn't choose who to train, but there wasn't a whole lot you could do with Sandra or Ala there. Not that the bit about the pith helmet wasn't cute.

...I'd just rather see some evolutions than the same characters every time, especially since, if they missed a session, they would get an even longer time next go round.

I will be doing another "train everyone," probably after the next gym, since the main team should be around 40 by then, and I decided to do the big "train everyone" every 10 or so levels.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

27. - Top - End - #957
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Arright. Good.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

28. - Top - End - #958
    Troll in the Playground

Chapter 44: Pokemon Battles on Motorcycles. What's next, card games?
    Spoiler
    Show

Some people have sane vacations. I train my legion of adorable girls (and Spike...And Nuriko) in costume that no one else but me and a few others can hear talking.
    ...Oddly enough, I'm cool with this.

But today, we have to go to get to those islands in the safari zone!

Yeah, yeah...Take your money. It's not like I'm saving this to support my family, nooo...

Why, yes, I would.

Surf is pretty wierd. I mean, I've always imagined just standing on the pokemon... And it's sort of like that. Rya makes this little platform of "solid" water. I apparently can't move from the center or it gets "destabilized" or something. It's big enough for some of the other pokemon. It really doesn't make any sense, but at least it explains how little Rya can carry me like this.
    I'm also wondering how the heck Rya managed to give me the fairly complicated, magical-mumbo-jumbo explanation she did, but I think Ala may have been feeding her lines. She came with her little pith helmet and sat on the edge of the platform.
    "Did you want to come here because Dratini live here (or so I've heard)?"
    "Something like that. It is important for one to see one's ancestral homeland, every now and again. My mother came to earth here; I feel closer to her, and all my siblings, by coming here."
    "Weren't your siblings those other dratini at the game corner?"
    "...Yes."
    "Are you sure you want to be closer to them?"
    She laughs.

A nugget?
    Wierdness aside, the rewards are good.
    Anyway, I think that's it; I'm done with the Safari zone, which means...
    "We can leave this town! Huzzah!"
    "Hurray!"
    "Is it OK if I follow? In case we meet Master Beau on the road?"
    "Ok, but no mumbling critiques."
    "Yeah! If you want to critique, say it to our faces!"
    Totally not what I meant...

Of course, the moment I step out, I get challenged by a trainer.
    ...Well, now's the time to test my resolve. It's different from just fighting Koga's goons... But he challenged me. It's like he's picking on a snake. Yeah.

"Same."

Time for a switch-in, met by a light tap of Pursuit.

And blown away like a leaf.

And his Fearow lasts the same.

And before I can get to the grass...

"Hey, who said it's your turf? It's a patch of tall grass!”

]
    So, were those his two in a bush?

If that's one in a hand, though, then what's the last one?
    ...Why am I trying to fit commentary into aphorisms here?

The grass holds one new pokemon...A Doduo, who looks at me with big brown eyes...And then turns away and talks to her hair.
    "Hold on, hold on, I want to go look! No, Francoise! I do want to see! Girl trainers are all scared away by the bird-catching men!...See, Charlemagne agrees with me!"
    "...Are you...Talking to your hair buns?"
    "Oh, you're a special one! See, I told you it was a good idea, Francoise! I'd like a cushy spot like that!"
    "...Why do your hairbuns have male names?"
    "Because boys would pick on the way my hair is styled, and they're not nearly self-loathing enough, so they must be guys!"
    "Oh, I see."
    ...Wait... No I don't. Mouth, quit saying these things!
    "And your name is...?"
    "Oh, you can call me Evangeline. Does that mean you'll take me with you?"
    "Um...Sure, I guess."
    "Yaaay! More friends! That makes you, and Francoise, and Charlemagne. That's a lot of friends, don't you think?"

"Remind me to tell the rest of the reserves to be nice to her, Ok?"
    "So this is why all your pokemon are insane... You're some sort of crazy magnet. Like catnip for crazies, they just want to rub all over you."
    "Then what does that say about her Beau?"
    "Don't talk bad about Master Beau!"
    "Remember you are here on the leniency of our Mistress, then."
    "So-rry, Miss Seed..."
    "...It's alright. And Azula, he's not my beau."
    "Oh, to be young and in denial..."

What the heck sort of crazy birdcall is that?

I wonder what will happen to 'Francoise' and 'Charlemagne' when Evangeline evolves?

...That was a really short fight.

Really? Then why not use some?

I enter onto Cycling road, a road where everyone has to ride bikes... And I can't help but think I was supposed to be going the other way. I mean, it's really hard work pushing it this way, and I can't even take a break or I'll roll back down to the bottom...

Stupid collapsible model, where's the kickstand on this thing?

"Hey, you get lost! I'm having to pedal this!"

I just don't have the energy for banter right now...

Still one of the most miserable-looking Pokemon I have ever seen.

...So...Much...Repetition.

"Slow as heck. How do I switch gears on this?"

This is just going to be a road of Koffings and Weezings, isn't it? Darn road...

"Now, you're not tough. I've fought tough Muks, and you're not it."

No. Duh.

"I'm taking it you're one without a cause?"

...I'm scared. Like, seriously. He's freaking me out.

I bet he's been to prison. Maybe twice.

Ooh, wait! They're not Koffings! That's way better than being scared!

"Aaah, to be soaring death at your command. It is the true face of joy."

"Now, that I can get behind!"

"Could be any number of things. Lemee see."

"Oh, well, Machokes need to be traded, right? Like Kada..."
    "..."
    "But, I mean, things are sometimes...different."
    "..."
    "Not that different is bad! I mean..."
    "...zzz..."
    ...How is it she manages to give you the sense that she's glaring at you when she's not even awake?

...What happens if I say "No"?

Because I'm not really feeling it.

Oooh... I'll need to check that out.

...Suuure you do.

I mean, I guess I shouldn't demean what you've got. It just seems like a small realm.

"Well, that's fine by me."

Time for a quick switch.

Not well-used, his opportunity.

"Yaaay winged death!"

After how little I've used Azula recently, it's really good. We're a good team; I barely need to command her for her to know what I need.

So that's a Machamp, huh? She may be the most human-looking Pokemon I've seen.

"Glad to be of service."

..."W-well, umm... You don't want to get rich quick, really, right?"
    ...I've already earned the same amount as Sage's life insurance, and that's supported us for a year now...
    ...Must...avoid...paralyzing...guilt...

"I am quite enjoying this route."
    Yeah. If Azula's smiling, I can do this. Even if it is a creepy, 'I am become death' smile.

Hmmm.... Maybe I should look around.

Or not, since the Itemfinder's just going to mess with my head today.

"From, actually."
    Ok, my bet is it's more Mankeys.

No, I guess not. Just more Weezings. Time for a switch.

And now...A Koffing?

So called it.

...Why can't they use other poison pokemon? What about Ekans? They're cool!

...This feel like something there are PSAs warning against.

This is sick and wrong.

Well, at least now that the road is over, we'll be free from bikers and creepy cueballs

*ragetwitch*

Then you'll be the first one my team punches through!

Yeah. Totally justified.

“Don’t you dare.”

You know, maybe Team Rocket isn't the only evil organization in town.

Oh, you asked for it. Now you're getting it.

"That's just what they get, for supporting a trainer who would insult my mistress so. And it's such a rare thing to see her as happy as she was leaving Fushia, too... Well, at least justice makes her smile."
    "It should; we are, after all, the good guys. Apparently."

"That. Is. It. I'll teach you to mug people!"
    "For justice!...Am I doing that right?"
    Just fine, ZuZu. Let's take this bunch of thugs down.

I mean, I can defend myself, and I'm glad of it...
    But if I were one of those lasses, or a picknicker, or...or with Sage... What would I do? I won't let them do that!
    "Stopping scum like you... That's what Justice is."

"Yeah. You've got that right. No standing for brutes."

"Your passions are...Really, quite charming. I do envy that, a little."
    "Hey, which one of us did she mean?"
    "Like I would know?"

...Still, it's good to know the team are behind me.

"It's another matter entirely when you start threatening, mugging, and harrassing innocent people! I refuse to stand for it!"
    Biker: "Fine, fine! Whatever, lady."

"Wow, you're the last person I expected to see here!"

Yay, reward time!
    "Ask him if he's seen Master Beau! Ask him!"
    "Oh, by the way... Have you seen Beau?"
    "Oh, yeah... He said he wanted to go to Fuschia later, since it's by the coast, and it'd be silly to double back..."
    ...I...I like my little zig-zag. That's all.
    "He's so smart!"
    Really. I mean, I covered every route on the mainland, right? That counts for something...

Oh, yeah! Free stuff!

"Yes, I've caught 40 Pokemon already."

"That I have."

"So what's this thing do?"

Totally. Awesome.
    "So, who's willing to take this and wave it around a bit? Who's willing to shake the money maker?"
    "Spike!"
    "...I would be amicable to seeing that."
    "This is sexism, you hear that? I'm being objectified. Darn dames..."

...Ok, I totally saw that one coming.

Oh, yeah...That.

I'm not really in the mood for chit-chatting, so maybe FISTICUFFS can just handle this.
    "THE ONLY WAY I KNOW HOW. WITH VIOLENCE. AND SCHOLARSHIP!"
    ...What does that entail?
    "STOP SLOUCHING. NO LOAFING ABOUT. FOCUS!"
    She goes barking orders at her like a drill sergant... But I don't think the Snorlax is listening, FISTICUFFS....

And then the Chesto berry woke her up.
    "AN IMPRESSIVE COMBO. BUT YOU ARE NOT BEING PRO-ACTIVE."

Isn't this what they say is insanity?
    "BUT THIS TIME, HER SLACKING IS HER DOWNFALL!"

"DO NOT GO BACK TO SLEEP...WHEN YOU'VE REGAINED CONCIOUSNESS."
    Turns out, though, it didn't go like that...

I notice a pair of people in the bushes I hadn't seen the first time I was in the area, and go to talk to them. See if they're alright, or if they were picked on by those bikers, too...

...They're going to challenge me over their love? Really?

Really.

"Ok! Let's do this, FISTI!"
    "WHY HAVE YOU SHORTENED MY NAME?"
    "Well, after that time I punched out birds with you... I... I thought we were friends, and..."
    "WARRIORS DO NOT CRY... RY...RYA... YOUR NAME IS ALREADY VERY SHORT. I CANNOT FIND A GOOD NICKNAME."
    "It's ok! I know you would if you could!"
    "COME...FRIEND. LET US EXPRESS COMRADERY. THROUGH VIOLENCE."
    ...This explains so much about pokemon. It really is their answer to everything.

First comes FISTICUFF'S Rockslide, which hits both pokemon...But can't finish them.

Then Rya's Surf, to clean up what's left.
    Their attacks sweep out both pokemon...together.
    "Friendship power!"
    They bump fists.

And with that, we're finally back to Celadon. But we can't stay here. If I can't let little evils like those bikers lie... Then there's no way I can let Saffron be taken over by Rockets!
    That's right. No matter what, I'm going in.

Wooh for christmas break and early updates!
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

29. - Top - End - #959
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yayness! You deserve cookies for this!

30. - Top - End - #960
    Orc in the Playground

Friendship POWER!

*brofist*