Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Behind Every Monster Is a Person in a Cute Costume: Let's Play Moemon Leafgreen!

So, while I was playing/writing today, Seed had her first double battle. I loved it.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

2. - Top - End - #452
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Behind Every Monster Is a Person in a Cute Costume: Let's Play Moemon Leafgreen!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    Vaporeon then.
    Yarp. Vape's got both the best movepool (that is, Surf and Ice Beam) of the three. Since Bite is a Special move in Gen III, I like to go Surf/Ice Beam/Bite/Something (Toxic is good thanks to its high defensive stats) for its moves.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Bugbear in the Playground

I too would like to jump into the vaporeon booth. Out of the original three eeveelutions, it is my favorite.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    Crae is the bestest daddy,
    I make avatars, all you have to do is ask, and I'll do it if I can.
    My Awards
    I've got a Formspring, ask me questions if you want.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Titan in the Playground

Personally I prefer jolteon, no real reason though, I just like electric pokemon and it is one of the few ones in first gen
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

5. - Top - End - #455
    Halfling in the Playground

My vote goes to Vaporeon, for what the others said. Although I personally prefer Jolteon, I don't want to be seeing less of Chuchu anytime soon.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Troll in the Playground

Chapter 30: Busy Road
    Spoiler
    Show

I take a detour south from Lavender: who knows? There may be a way around that big guy.

Hm. I guess it's a little relief to know that those aren't just empty tombstones...

..."Thank you very much."

Huh...

That may be worth considering as a technique, I guess. I wonder if she's implying they don't already work their hardest… Nah, she’s being nice. No need to get upset.

My, what a lovely view we have. Sooo excellent.

...Wait. How did I see you with binoculars... that were facing the opposite way?

Ah, predictability. It makes the world a better place.

Yaaay, a level-up for ChuChu!

Well, at least he has some variety.

...Or not.

I. Am Not. A Kid. Quit calling me that! Why does everyone think I'm so immature?!

...Ooh, this one's pretty tough. But it's his only pokemon.

Heh. Fishing 'Fool' indeed.

Not with my rod, anyway...

I'm not impatient! I just don't have good materials to work with! Let's hurry up and get on with it!

Excellent! Hopefully, there won't be a counter-attack from that.

Drat.
    "I got them! All six of 'em!"

Holy shoot, she actually did. Still, with her confusion, I may want to take the opportunity for a quick switch-around.

*ragetwitch*

"Wow! Good job!"

Excellent!

"Hey, ChuChu, you're pretty good at hitting the enemy, even while confused."
    "Thank you! I mean, I'm not the greatest fighter, but it's important I at least try hard to do what I can with what I have!"
    "Yeah, we need to figure out what we can do to help you... I'm sorry if I pressure you a lot, or compare you too much to the others."
    "I'm on the team. That means I need to be thinking of myself like that!"

Hm? My metal detector -- I mean, Itemfinder -- is responding!
    I spend the next few minutes prowling the ground, searching for a hidden item.

YAAAy! Free stuff!

...Anyway, I think I've lingered here too long. I need to get back on the road to Celadon!

This item. It taunts me.

Jiggleypuff? What's with the riddles?

Oh, so close.

"...YOU'RE HARDLY WORTH MY TIME!"

Not a fan of attention hogs, huh, FISTICUFFS?

"Mean? You challenged me!"
    If you don't consider the risk...If you don't decide that the path ahead of you is worth that chance...then you shouldn't step up to battle.
    ...Am what I'm doing...worth the risk?
    Chasing down some old memory, some little girl's dream? (No, not just some dream: it’s about what I want to keep alive)
    ...But... I also have to stop Team Rocket. And...
    Azula's worked hard, and she has a dream she thinks she can only fulfill through me. She may be wrong: I still don't buy this whole 'Wish' thing...
    Do the others feel the same way? Am I just like these guys, unwilling to take a real risk?
    ...Terra said magic comes from risk. Is she booking on making that magic, or was she just saying that because it was an interesting idea to her?
    But they've known about this the whole time. That's right. Maybe to Pokemon... the risk of failure is always a part of this world.
    Maybe we should have another talk about this at some point. I don't know what they want from me: they'll give me all their loyalty... for what?

GAMBLING! JUST SAY IT. YOU'RE A RAMBLING, GAMBLING MAN! YOU ONLY CALL ATTENTION TO YOURSELF!

I've been seeing a lot more of those; they really must be nearby.

Must...not...melt...into...mound..of...goo…

...Once you pop, you just can't stop? That sounds like you have a problem.

I have a strategy: find your weakpoints and hit them hard!

There. See how that works?

Wow. Relative to a lot of evolutions I've seen, this one's...really simple. Obvious, even.

Addendum to my strategy: have a variety of pokemon and techniques on-hand.

No, it really is. Most small-scale tactics are 'decide your priorities, set your strengths to achieve them and attack your enemy's weaknesses so they don't get to achieve them.' Basically, pretty logical.

"And then whip out a pokemon with a dark-type or ghost-type move to handle the inevitable psychic counter-attack. Or maybe a water, for grounds."

...I'm not sure if I really buy the whole 'psychic twin' archetype, to be frank. It doesn't really work for me.

Shoot? A double battle? Well...OK.
    "FISTICUFFS and Spike, then!"
    FISTICUFFS is a good general fighter, and Spike has some really nice move variety, so he'll be ready for anything.
    "What, both of us?"
    "UNUSUAL... LET ME HANDLE MYSELF, SPIKE."
    "Just don't try and boss me around. That's Seed's job."

Ooh, I see I have chosen well.
    "Ok, guys, I think I know you know what to do."

...What is the point of that move?

"Hey! I was going to attack that one!"
    "MUCH TOO SLOW."
    "My rule about guy solidarity does not apply to you just because you're masculine!"
    "YOU COULDN'T HIT ME ANYWAY."
    Spike immediately turned and lashed out at the remaining pokemon.

Of course, by that point, the second kick was already coming, and he looked too angry to stop and consider her charms.
    Foe Jiggleypuff: "No fair, big boy... you're not supposed to hit a girl you like..."
    " -- Wha? Oh, sorry about that, I... He seemed to realize that this was a planted feeling. ”WAIT A SECOND! YOU'RE JUST TRYING TO GET INTO MY PANTS!"
    Foe Jiggleypuff: "Well, I just...so rarely...get the opportunity to have that work...And you're really hot and..."
    Spike:
    I was glad when she withdrew the staggered Jiggleypuff.
    "Wimmin..."

"Yeah, sorry about that, kids...It was a good match."
    I give them each a little pat on the head.

I've only seen one public school, and it did not look fun.

I didn't have time to switch out after the last match. I guess I'll have FISTICUFFS just use a basic rage attack.

Ok, that was dumb. Bad Seed, bad Seed!

Very dumb. New plan.

This is not going well. I think if FISTICUFFS is fast, she can end the match before she gets even more hurt. But it has to be now.

Whew. Next time, I just swap in Terra.

...Don't do that...just because of me. Give up Pokemon, I mean. That's what I want to say...but I don't. I wish I knew why.
    "Sorry about that, FISTICUFFS."

...That actually makes more sense than most trainer's unstated reasoning. Have I reached a slightly logical land?

Of course, it can still be taken down in a single blow, reasoning or no reasoning.

Aaah, now this is new: I was expecting her to have another Nidoran.

The difference it makes? Very slim.

FISTICUFFS, Rya, and Spike all chime in with "What? Ugly?!" Or something to that effect...

...I smell a theme growing. All of you guys have just two pokemon: one pokemon and its evolution, yes?

Guess not.

Well, because of what she said, I can assume the next one is a Meowth. Maybe a Persian.

Yup. Now for the big question: more Meowths, or a Persian?

Awww...
    I was really hoping. How dull.

"Then catch them! They'd make a cute team!"
    Pidgey'd handle fighting types...

"Eh. It's not that out of place. I'm sure you have your reasons."

Man, that's a lot of pokemon.

I hope they're not all pidgeys, though.

Oh, neat! Not a pidgey! You're my favorite now, snarky girl!

Way to go, girl! I mean, it's probably past time to let them evolve, but there's effort here.

I want to encourage her. I mean, she's miles above her buddies here.

"This has been a real surprising match. Guessing what you'll have next is fun."
    Lass Megan: "Thank you very much. You're very experienced, aren't you?"
    "...Yeah, I guess I am. Hey... This is my number. Give me a call sometimes -- I'd like to hear how this is going."
    I hand her my cell number, which is pretty rare for me. I mean, I have such a lousy phone.
    "So, anything interesting in this area?"
    Megan: "Well..."

"I think he works for the rockets."
    Megan: "...You'll be doing something about that, then?"
    "...What makes you say that?" Yes.
    Megan: "Well...You just feel like the sort of person who gets things done. I mean, if I wanted to do something about Team Rocket, I'd be useless. You're...not like that."
    ...What makes her say that? That I apply common sense? Being competent -- that's not something limited to just a few people, as hard as it is to believe.
    "...Thanks for the vote of confidence. Hope to see you again."

"Hey, this isn't your road, Mr. Pink Mohwak!"

I guess I have to beat him to clear this road.
    ...Darnit, she's at least a little right. I guess I am the sort of person who gets things done.
    Why me, huh?

Why do bikers and nerds use the same type of pokemon?

I guess the road is safe once more!
    "Would you like me to burn him for his insolence, Mistress?"
    Tempting. But no.

Just because I "get things done" does not mean I am a mechanic, or otherwise prepared to help out random people with random troubles.

This overlap is really wierding me out.

But this is really good for Terra's levels.

I'm 16. Why do you expect me to know much about chemistry? I mean, I think the public school curriculum is... Wait, what does this have to do with the inevitable battle you're putting me in?

Ok, so nerds also like electric types, and not just poison types.

But there are poison types... Still.

Stupid...Well, I guess he gets an extra chance to hit.

But it's an odd pattern. I mean, nerds and bikers are natural enemies, basically...

It's just weird. Still, nerds are the obvious superiors: better variety.

Darnit, gambler! There are kids out here! Celadon's pretty nearby -- just go to a game corner!

Well, that's unexpected. These dudes normally seem to like fire pokemon. Well, I guess my gamble didn't pay off...

Maybe I'm unfairly stereotyping the people I meet: I mean, look at Megan. Sure, she still had the same sort of pokemon as her friends, but she really stretched what she could do while being a part of the crowd. Maybe I should be praising this man as a revolutionary, for going against the grain...

And for owning a Poliwhirl, which I don't see often, either.

The wild pokemon in the area are very cute, I must add.

But from there, it's on to another underground path.
    Outside is a patch of grass with the same pokemon, and...

Free stuff!

And then, it's onto the city of beautiful green plants, Celadon.

Ok, there's a lot you guys could potentially decide on for the next chapter. For starters, there's what 2 of those 3 pokemon we catch, and what to do with them. Second, should anyone have not yet voted for the eeveelution at hand, there's that. And then there's the game corner (Limit to 1 pokemon -- we'll decide what to do with it after the winner's picked). And Shopping for TMs, Stones, and Stat-boosters, so Seed can do all her shopping as quickly as possible.
    Now, for those last 2, I'll just need a list of things you'd like me to get, and maybe how to use them -- Attract is already on it. I can make my own, but this strikes me as fun to hear things I wouldn't think of. If you could sort those based on priority, so I'll know what order to spend my money in...that'd be great. Being on multiple lists raises the priority automatically. Items of debate will be...um...debated, I suppose, and then I'll decide what to do.

I have provided lists, for your convenience.
    Department Store List
    Spoiler
    Show

Roar (1000)
    Hyper Beam (7500)
    Dig (2000)
    Brick Break (2000)
    Secret Power (3000)
    Attract (already on our list – 3000)
    Elemental Stones (Fire, Leaf, Thunder, Water – 2100)
    Statboosters (HP Up, Protein, Iron, Calcium, Zinc, Carbos – 9800)
    1 of the following:
    Light Screen (200)
    Safeguard (300)
    Reflect (350)

Game Corner
    Spoiler
    Show

Smoke Ball (800)
    Charcoal (1000)
    Yellow Flute (1600)
    Miracle Seed (1000)
    Mystic Water (1000)
    Abra (120)
    Pinsir (2500)
    Dratini (4600)
    Porygon (6500)
    IceBeam (4000)
    Iron Tail (3500)
    Shadow Ball (4500)
    Flamethrower (4000)

Anyway, just voice about what you care about.

...Yup, it's Vote-a-Palooza!
    Last edited by Deme; 2010-09-24 at 05:06 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

7. - Top - End - #457

Save the dratini, get a thunderstone to maybe evolve Chuchu, and a water stone to make a vaporeon.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    My Awards

8. - Top - End - #458
    Titan in the Playground

I like dratinis but having them be on the same team as a Gyrados is inadvisable due to the fact they both take forever to level up.
    Avatar by the wonderful BeckyPages. My OC Curtain Call.

My Twitter account, where I will mainly post images of minis I've painted.

9. - Top - End - #459

I like dratinis but having them be on the same team as a Gyrados is inadvisable due to the fact they both take forever to level up.
    *cough*cheating*cough*
    Last edited by Rae Artemi; 2010-09-24 at 07:38 PM.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    My Awards

10. - Top - End - #460
    Colossus in the Playground

Just how much money do you have?

Anyway I vote to capture a Sandshrew, and a Vuplix

Buy one attract, and give it to Spike

Buy a thunder stone and give it to Chu-Chu

When you get the Eevee, I vote for seeing if the moon stone will evolve it to Umberon, like Shiny gold, if not than buy a water stone for Eevee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rae Artemi View Post
    *cough*cheating*cough*
    I only do that while bulk-leveling, or for really difficult situations. I don't use it all the time; Rya's the only member of the party who's ever been cheat-ground.

This being said, we don't need to use the game corner pokemon if we get one: it's why the voting for "what would it be?" is seperate from the discussion of "should we use it?"...Which, I admit, is odd given that that's not the case for other pokemon, but I figure Celadon, even pre plot, will be a two-parter. There's a lot to do, a lot of characters introduced or evolving here...

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Just how much money do you have?

Anyway I vote to capture a Sandshrew, and a Vuplix

Buy one attract, and give it to Spike

Buy a thunder stone and give it to Chu-Chu

When you get the Eevee, I vote for seeing if the moon stone will evolve it to Umberon, like Shiny gold, if not than buy a water stone for Eevee.
    I don't have a moonstone. I mean, there may be one I didn't pick up at Mt. Moon...But I doubt it.

I have about 60K, give or take a couple of thousand. There are several methods I have for getting more, starting with selling excess TMs, then doing catch-and-release Jirachi farming offscreen, or gameshark, in order of decreasing honesty.
    Last edited by Deme; 2010-09-24 at 07:58 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

12. - Top - End - #462
    Titan in the Playground

I checked and Bulbapedia says that you have to trade umbreon into this game. So, sorry, but it's not going to happen.

13. - Top - End - #463

I checked and Bulbapedia says that you have to trade umbreon into this game. So, sorry, but it's not going to happen.
    Eh it was worth a shot, she doesn't have a dark pokemon, while she does have a good water type.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I say Vulpix and Growlithe. Porygon's annoying to get, but it's the only place you can grab one, so get it in the city. Unless, of course, you aren't going to let yourself get both an Eevee and a Porygon from the same city.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ettin in the Playground

Okay, Get Sandshrew and Vulpix.
    Change my Eeveelution vote to Vaporeon.
    Get Water Stone for Vaporeon
    Hyper Beam for Rya
    and Porygon at the Game corner.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Banned

Beholder

Where does it say that? The only info I found on Moemon was an extremely short paragraph on the "Hack games" page. And Moemon changes a lot of things compared to FireRed, as evidenced by the first few chapters of this LP.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Solarn View Post
    Where does it say that? The only info I found on Moemon was an extremely short paragraph on the "Hack games" page. And Moemon changes a lot of things compared to FireRed, as evidenced by the first few chapters of this LP.
    I meant for the standard version. Sure, there's a chance it's changed but it's a pain to get an Espeon or Umbreon anyway. Unless you cheat of course.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Troll in the Playground

I meant for the standard version. Sure, there's a chance it's changed but it's a pain to get an Espeon or Umbreon anyway. Unless you cheat of course.
    Basically, this. Like I said before: If there is a way, I do not know what it is. I would have to literally try every concievable idea, some of which (for example, getting a moon stone -- I do not have one at the moment, and don't think there's a way to get one right now, so it'd be a long wait to try an idea that may not work -- and if it doesn't, I have picked a bad font) can't be done right now. Not to mention, my pokedex still wouldn't have a place for it yet.

I think that, while some things are changed, it's easier to assume that something isn't changed than that something is changed, until we see proof. For example, unless Terra whips out an unexpected evolution, we have no reason to believe that a machoke or haunter could evolve here. We may have a reason to wonder if it's possible... But no conviction.

Also, you guys do know I'm allowing more stuff from the game corner than the one pokemon? I'll totally stand there abusing save states as long as you ask of me ^^
    Last edited by Deme; 2010-09-25 at 08:00 AM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

19. - Top - End - #469

I guess ice beam for Rya would help against Erika

20. - Top - End - #470
    Ogre in the Playground

Just a minor purchase compared to the other votes, but get a charcoal for Azula, just to up her fire attacks.
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

I consider Dratini too good to pass up. Vulpix and Growlithe for the wild catches.
    Ice Beam for Rya. Brick Break for Spike.
    A Thunderstone for ChuChu.
    And a Yellow Flute for general usefulness. (See: ChuChu last chapter)

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Dwarf in the Playground

I say catch Vulpix and Sandshrew, and get the Porygon at the game corner. Dratini can be found later if you really want one. Since Gyarados don't naturally learn Ice Fang in this generation, definitely pick up an Ice Beam as well to deal with dragons.

With Thunderbolt learned, Chuchu has no reason to remain a Pikachu. Make picking up a thunderstone for her a top priority; plot-wise, she seems fairly ready as well. A waterstone for Eevee (my vote being for Vaporeon) and a firestone if you want to train a backup fire type would be useful as well. Reflect could be useful to protect Terra and Chuchu (if Terra can spare the space and doesn't already have it, which she may, I don't remember). I recommend you avoid the EV boosters; strong as your pokemon already are, they're too much money for not enough value.
    "Your sentence unfortunately happens to be the precise name of a long-forgotten deity with the portfolio 'destroying all life'." - Mewthario

Ah, the dread entity known only as "Okay, what if I set it on fire?" strikes once more. - The_Snark

Like Pokemon Nuzlockes? Come read Into the Dark: A Moemon Eternal v3 Storylocke.
    I also have an AO3 made of Homestucks.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HordeCommander5 View Post
    I say catch Vulpix and Sandshrew, and get the Porygon at the game corner. Dratini can be found later if you really want one. Since Gyarados don't naturally learn Ice Fang in this generation, definitely pick up an Ice Beam as well to deal with dragons.

With Thunderbolt learned, Chuchu has no reason to remain a Pikachu. Make picking up a thunderstone for her a top priority; plot-wise, she seems fairly ready as well. A waterstone for Eevee (my vote being for Vaporeon) and a firestone if you want to train a backup fire type would be useful as well. Reflect could be useful to protect Terra and Chuchu (if Terra can spare the space and doesn't already have it, which she may, I don't remember). I recommend you avoid the EV boosters; strong as your pokemon already are, they're too much money for not enough value.
    Terra does have it. The cast list actually contains the pokemons' move sets, and Terra hasn't learned any new things since the last update.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

24. - Top - End - #474
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

...If you don't get a Growlithe here, grab it in the Pokémon Mansion. I'll be watching.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Halfling in the Playground

Vulpix, Sandshrew, and Dratini get!

26. - Top - End - #476
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by originalpimp View Post
    Vulpix, Sandshrew, and Dratini get!
    Ok, at this point...we have a tie, counting out my AIM buddy who's been following along and I'm writing it all out now.

So...I'll take a break, and come back to the game in...let's say, after I eat dinner in a few hours. At which point, I will count all votes as final. If we're still tied (I suspect we may be), then I'll cast a vote. I've seen these guys via dummy saves, so I know where my vote goes, but I won't say. I'll also consider voting for what the eeveelution will be closed.

At that point, we could even start discussing what, if anything, should be done with the evee/dratini/porygon/sandshrew, and if that effects team dynamics...Or you could wait until the chapter comes out.

Here's what I've done so far:
    Bought a thunderstone (I'm saving evolving ChuChu itself until it comes up in my writing. More convienent that way.)
    Come up with an interesting theme for this chapter.
    Bought a Charcoal
    Taken pictures of Doduo.
    Taught Spike Attract.

By the way, I had a brief worry about something: if we're giving an icebeam to Rya, all fine and good, but... Don't Lance's dragonites usually pack electric attacks, or is that only true in SoulSilver? I guess what I'm saying is, wouldn't that work out safer in Spike's moveset, or is keeping a fighting attack (I suppose in case something happens to FISTICUFFS or in case we move her out of the team) more important there, since the only other reccomendation I've gotten for him at the moment is Brick Break? Or is the idea there that only one member of the team needs to have an ice attack, and Rya may as well be it?
    Last edited by Deme; 2010-09-25 at 04:36 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

27. - Top - End - #477

Can't wait to see how Chu-chu and Spike will react to attract. I looked at bulbapedia, and the only electric attack is a dragonair's thunder wave. However Aerodactyl does know ancient power, which Rya is weak to. Is Growlithe v.s Vuplix also tied?

28. - Top - End - #478
    Troll in the Playground

Is Growlithe v.s Vuplix also tied?
    Not at all. Sandshrew vs Growlithe came close here and there (Sandshrew's pulled into a few point's worth of lead), but Vulpix is unanimous.
    Which is exactly as it ought to be, because Vulpix is love.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

29. - Top - End - #479
    Banned

Beholder

I vote for Vulpix, Sandshrew and Dratini as well. Also, Vaporeon for the eeveelution.

30. - Top - End - #480

Gotta catch 'em all!:
    My votes are Vulpix, Sandshrew, Vaporeon and Dratini, unless Ditto is only in the mansion (in which case switch Sandshrew for Growlithe) and/or Dratini can be caught somewhere (in which case my vote goes to Porygon instead). Thunderstone (for Chuchu) and Waterstone (for the Eevee) are needed, as well as a Firestone at some point for a Growlithe (unless there is one lying around, of course). A Leafstone might be a good purchase for one of the reserves (not sure who, or when).

Character ideas:
    Vulpix with a love of chance and gambling, those guys really are a bad influence!
    Not sure for Sandshrew or Vaporeon.
    Eevee could be an angsty teenager who hasn't decided what she wants to do with her life yet.
    Holier-than-thou Dratini, or for another direction a particularly loyal companion competing with Azula.

Name Ideas:
    Undine for Vaporeon (probably name-changed after evolution or with the name kept off-screen until evolution).
    Agrias for Dratini.

I hope this is in time/helpful.

Keep up the good work! Please and thank you!