A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Behind Every Monster Is a Person in a Cute Costume: Let's Play Moemon Leafgreen!

Go for the eyes!

I mean Caterpie!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Behind Every Monster Is a Person in a Cute Costume: Let's Play Moemon Leafgreen!

Get a Pidgey!
    As a side question, are all of the pokemon in this game girls?
    I just wondering because I've only seen only female pokemon (semi-quick glance)
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

I don't like either of the new sprites, but I'll say Rattata. And name it TOPPERCENT. Bonus points if it has an Adamant nature.
    Check out my Let's Plays: Sengoku Gensokyo (Complete!), Touhoumon (Complete!), and Labyrinth of Touhou
    Jade Curtiss avatar by Teutonic Knight

4. - Top - End - #34
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Geno9999 View Post
    Get a Pidgey!
    I think Nidorino and Nidoking as well as the male Nidoran are male. Maybe Kanghaskan.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

Get a Pidgey!
    I'm at Mt. Moon in my practice file, and...so far, only Lugia and Male Nidorans have been male. I'm going to assume until proven otherwise that any normal pokemon not specifically and exclusively male will be female. I've said it everywhere I've called for nickname ideas, actually.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    I'm at Mt. Moon in my practice file, and...so far, only Lugia and Male Nidorans have been male. I'm going to assume until proven otherwise that any normal pokemon not specifically and exclusively male will be female. I've said it everywhere I've called for nickname ideas, actually.
    Oddly enough, I started this game...and my Charmander was male. Might not be the same version though,I didn't see the magic doors.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    Oddly enough, I started this game...and my Charmander was male. Might not be the same version though,I didn't see the magic doors.
    Hm...That's interesting. Wierd and interesting. I wonder if the discrepencies lie in our versions of the patch or our versions of the game (I'm going to take a stab in the dark and guess secret doors came from game, but then again, the patch was prepared for them, so who knows... but maybe I'm wrong. Gender-things probably came from patch...at least that's my guess.) The world, of course, may never know.
    Last edited by Deme; 2010-06-01 at 09:11 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of Gray View Post
    I think Nidorino and Nidoking as well as the male Nidoran are male. Maybe Kanghaskan.
    Kangaskhan are never male. Ever.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

On vacation still, but here's a chapter...And for once, there's no need for a vote! ...But any reactions are handy; this is my first LP, so I'm still trying myself out here, after all, and this chapter has a lot of bits I consider "fiddly" for me.

Chapter 5: Catchapalooza!
    Spoiler
    Show
    OK, first to magic door #1 to catch something over there!

We got into the grass and found a caterpie. It had big, nervous little eyes -- but it put up a decent resistance to Azula.

"Hey, Azula -- why don't we try catching her?"
    "...We'll see how she does."
    "W-wait, don't I get a say?"
    ...Wow, now even the wild ones are talking. They normally stay quiet.
    "Yes. You can fight her capturing device...But I've likely weakened you enough...How long can you struggle, little worm?"
    It wimpered -- am I doing a bad thing, catching her? Or was Azula just spooking her?

"You don't mind being on my team, do you, Lila?" I asked after I named her.
    "...A-are you...a-asking me this seriously?" She looked at me unsurely -- maybe that was my expression, every time I saw a "pokemon" now.
    "Yeah...I could let you go, If you'd me rather..."
    She looked surprised "Oh! Oh, you understand us..." She fidgeted and straightened. "It's alright. If it's you, I don't mind...umm...Do I have to call you Mistress, too?"
    "Call me whatever. Seed works..." I'm kind of relieved no one else is around for all this.
    "Alright, Lady Seed."
    Boy, does this sound like delusions of Grandeur on my part.
    "Well, before I train you up, let's pick us up a few more teammates!"

Next up, magic door #2!

Well, she looks good as any Weedle...I'd rather keep my team's freakshow factor to a minimum.

Yes! But I guess I'll have to explain that I see her as a cute little girl, too...and for every pokemon I ever catch...
    -One Recap Later-
    "You sure you aren't just crazy?"
    "...No."
    "...Well, if I know when I'm insulting you, I guess you're for reals. You doing the whole shebang?"
    "Sshh!"
    "You mean the league challenge? Yeah, I guess so."
    "Yes, yes, that's what she meant!" Azula laughed. Who knew getting other pokemon would make her so wierd. Maybe she's jealous?

And finally for today's catching, I'd like something near to home.

Hm, a good name...A good name...
    "I know! Hey, little Rattata, do you have a name preference?"
    "...Seriously?"
    "Yeah, Seriously."
    "I want everyone who hears my name to know I'm in the top percent of Rattata! Call me Top Percent, Boss Lady!"
    ...I will never, ever ask this again... But I misnamed her at the last minute when I was registering her name into my pokedex.

"Well, it's not that bad, is it, Perci?"
    "...I will be forever shamed!"
    "Well, there's a renamer in Lavender Town..."
    "Yes! Yes! Let's go hurryhurryhurry! I'm in the top percent, not the top Percen!"
    "I'm sure no one will notice the difference, whiney little..."
    "Hurry!"

So, it looks like I'm being rushed down my chosen path...
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

10. - Top - End - #40

WhiteWizardGirl

Aw, all the Moe-ified Pokemon are so cute! If I were being a curmudgeon I'd note the disturbing connotations of keeping a whole bunch of young girls as slaves and cramming them into enclosed spaces until you want them to fight other young girls, BUT, they are too cute for me to point that out. D'awww.

11. - Top - End - #41

Aw, that sucks! With a Mild nature, your Rattata will never be in the top percentage of Rattatas!
    Check out my Let's Plays: Sengoku Gensokyo (Complete!), Touhoumon (Complete!), and Labyrinth of Touhou

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

*thumbs up*
    This LP is in the top percentage of Rattata LPs!

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
    Aw, that sucks! With a Mild nature, your Rattata will never be in the top percentage of Rattatas!
    Exactly. What does Weedle have?

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    Exactly. What does Weedle have?
    Bashful. Sadly, I'm stuck with the ones I pick to catch, at least until I get enough pokemon to start replacing them in the line-up.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

I have a level 100 Empoleon (female, even) with a Bashful nature. It's one of the best pokemon among my friend circle, including my friend who cheats with legendaries. Ashamedly, I don't know its IVs, apart from Speed being 30, or its EVs.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

Still on vacation, but this chapter was pretty easy to do, since it only covers a single town and had no preceeding vote.

Chapter 6: The Inevitable Tutorial Guy!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, since I'm being pushed onward for now, I may as well let Perci prove herself.

Man, Rattata do sure beat each other up in an even match like this.
    "We won, but we'd better go back and heal."
    "But-but- Lavender town! Getting me named! Top Percent! SHAAAME!"
    "Listen, I'm not going to wander around having to switch pokemon after every fight. We heal, let you get a level up, and then we switch."
    - *cue heal music* -
    OK, take two.

Much better.
    "Good job, Top Percen!"

In fact, we manage to make it back to Viridian in good shape. First off, shopping.

The question reads: "Why did you become a Pokemon trainer?"
    ...That's a dumb question, isn't it? I mean, really, my motivations don't exactly change the fact that I shop here because it's a monopoly, nor will understanding my motives allow them to create more customers. It's a waste of paper -- and in four words, it's always going to be the shallowest concievable answer, the least meaningful version of what anyone really could say. And, of course, for fear of an actual feeling, they don't even let you use your own words...They don't even have the important ones, anyway.
    But I answer, all the same. God, I'm stupid. It only encourages them, really... It only encourages...

...Whatever.

I buy a single pokeball, a couple of potions, and some antidotes and paralyz heals...

Then I remind myself that I can't change the past, that it wasn't my fault, that I'm doing my best.
    Time to give this town a once-over.

There's a school in town; Professor Oak always tutored the kids in Pallet, so I've basically been home-schooled.

...Wow, apparently school just sucks.

But what about the pokemon? Wild Pokemon attack, but they don't exactly say why they do it. Maybe I'll ask -- but if I am just hallucinating all this talking stuff, maybe I'm doing it to provide myself ways of feeling less guilty about this sort of thing?
    ...Nah, the fact that they all look like little girls probably means my subconcious is not trying to ease my guilt. Maybe enhance it -- in which case, I gotta say, Brain, that you are really screwed up.
    I'll ask anyway, though.

"It's really more about the journey than the destination, though."
    "So the Mistress says. Hmmph."
    "What?"

"Oh, sorry! Just...talking to myself!" And, stage 2 of my descent begins, I suppose. Or, at least, it looks like it.

They're not really all that hard...Public Schools have really easy curriculums, I guess.

Going to pretend that's not sick and wrong, going to pretend it's not sick and wrong...Nah-nah-nah-nah, I can't hear you, Brain. *shudder*

"All names are better when they're not MISSPELT!"
    "We're never going to stop hearing about that, are we?"
    Well, if that's the case, I better get going.

"That's great; can I get by you, please?"

"An absolutely pointless technological wonder/a complete waste of my life."

Old Man: "Then let me give you a word of advice. Whenever you catch a Pokemon, the Pokedex automatically updates its data."
    "Yes, I know. I have about 4 core entries and a few unrefined..."

"Sir, I have four! I spent all last chapter catching them and setting up their basic characters!"

...A boy? Really? I haven't seen a boy pokemon since this whole quest began!

Ok, I call foul! Everything else needs me to weaken it and so on! Everyone goes on about how I need to weaken it! But you just sahsay on up and catch the darn thing!

Only in that you cheat. You cheater.

...More free stuff. Yay.

Aww, man. I wanted to start working on my collection of badges.
    "It's alright. I planned around this one when making our deal, Mistress. We will return to it."

I wonder how it stays in buisness; shouldn't the league shut it down if it doesn't get any work? I wonder what's up with that...?

I go off of the main path for a bit and discover a little side road. It's got some pokemon in it!

It's too tough for Perci for now, so I let Azula finish it.

...You know, I thought I could handle this, but that's just wierd looking.

OK! So, for this area, do we want a Mankey or a Spearow (more Rattatas and Pidgeys are also options, but...seriously)? Also, for Route 2, Pidgey, or another Rattata? Name ideas are, as always, appreciated.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground

Hum, that MANKEY looks like it can FIGHT. Go for that.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Get a Mankey! Then name her/it Fistcuffs!
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show

and current made by me.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Get a Mankey! Then name her/it Fistcuffs!
    Motion seconded.
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2010-06-09 at 01:41 PM.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

Sorry for the relatively late chapter; training + vacation + getting back from vacation and junk...

Chapter 7: The Greased Descent Into Cliche (What, we weren't already there?)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Azula reached our training objective pretty fast -- the rest of them were so far behind, it wasn't funny. My team feels lopsided; I'll flesh it out a bit more, and bring them all up to Zu-Zu's standard... You know, I bet if Azula was in my internal monologue, she'd say something like "that's not even possible."

"Welcome to the team. Yes, I recognize you as a being that can talk in a way in which I understand, and so on...I want to keep this brief."
    "UNDERSTOOD."
    "Uhh....Well, do you have something you'd like me to call you?" Wait, didn't I say I wasn't doing that again...? But that gaze...
    "FISTICUFFS!"
    "...Would you like me to have it be the all-caps version...?"
    "YES!"

I decided to dart a little bit ahead, since my team lacked some flying power.

After our mandatory recap to new party members, I realized it was time to ask one of my big questions.
    "...So, you guys...don't mind me sending you guys into battle with other adorable little girls in costume, do you?"
    "...I'm... adorable?"
    "Yeah, kinda, Phoebe."
    "I think I speak for all of us when I say we have no objections. To battle under a good, gifted master is the will of all pokemon. The ones who cannot find such a master...can still be satisfied with a good master who knows their needs, but it's an inferior experience."
    "And the wild pokemon?"
    "I battled you when I was wild to prove myself, even then! Being on my own means I had to try harder to show that I was in the top percent!"
    I suppose this is a point in both the 'calming my guilt' and 'supporting delusions of grandure' collumns, right? But... I've always read that in those old pokemon books; pokemon in the wild fight about as much as tamed pokemon, though a little less strongly since they have fewer ways to heal themselves...
    "...One more question...How is this not like slavery?"
    "W-was it not like slavery when we appeared to be beasts to you?"
    Everyone was looking at me very intently, their eyes lit up from within, great staring eyes on such innocent faces...Pokemon have so much power...Could they see through my skin and into me, not my body, but me?
    "You need to...to...Answer my question, first."
    "Could we leave, if we wanted to?"
    "Sure." I've never really thought of myself as the sort of person who would hold little girls against their will.
    "Your answer, Mistress. We are here because we choose to be."
    "Yeah, we chose a long--" Azula shot TopPercen a glare that stopped her mid-sentence.
    "We're ready when you are. Let me have a word with the team while you find us a nice patch of grass, Mistress."

"Here's as good as anywhere else, huh?"
    Team:
    Azula:
    ...right.
    Let's cue ourselves a montage!

I'm not going to hum the song from The Karate Kid,, so don't even think it.

It's so overdone... I mean, really! How cliche can you get?

nanana -- nanana...

...Nothing's gonna ever beat you down...

You're the best ar-ouund...

...Dangit, song! I said I wouldn't hum you! That's enough of that!

You know, this isn't the best use of narrative space, is it? OK, time to actually be thoughtful about this... Perci was probably the easiest of these three to train, though once FISTICUFFS learnes to sweep the leg, she became able to just beat up everything in her path. Phoebe was the most touch-and-go, but towards the end she started hitting her stride. When I was humming it a bit, she picked up and hummed, too. It really did sound like pidgeysong... Nah, nah. I can't think about this stuff forever. Train now, think later, if such a thing is possible. Yeah. "Hit it, Phoebe!"
    "You're the best around! Nothing's gonna ever keep you down!"

Lila had a promising start, but she started having real trouble. So I tried moving her back towards Route 1 to see if that helped. It seemed to work a bit better for her, which was a relief. In fact...

She evolved. It was wierd -- Conciously, I thought it would just be Lila in a different costume and hairdo, but it wasn't. Something about her changed that I can't figure out. When normal, sane people (which, I guess maybe I never was completely, but at least a little, Ok? Things weren't always...) see a pokemon completely change shape and features, they just shrug. But seeing something that looks like a person change like that, it's very strange... She seemed to like being a girl in a metapod costume, though, since she could cover her face more easily.

Helga was also kind of tough to train -- She couldn't do a lot of damage before survivability became a factor, even against weak pokemon. Still, she managed to hang in there often enough for a finishing blow. I spent a lot of time with the evil witch otherwise known as Nurse Joy.

Her evolution made survivability less of a problem, but not by much. She seemed pleased -- I guess evolving and becoming stronger would be a good thing from the perspective of a Pokemon, but wouldn't it be wierd to have your body and capabilities change so drastically like that? When they're not in their pokeballs, I more or less have to carry Lila and Helga now! Still, she managed to carry her weight 'til the end of the day.

I decided that now that we were all nearly even, I would press along down that side road, when...

Beau: "I heard you've been wandering around making wierd faces and muttering to yourself. What's the matter, your imaginary friend realize what a loser you are so it stopped believing in you?"
    "That's...a... A lousy insult, Beau! Did you learn all your quips from going to that useless school in Viridian?"
    Beau: "You're barely putting up an insult-fight... Are you OK?"
    "I'm fine, Beau. not like you care, mister spikey hair man... What'd you want? I have a busy day walking down this road ahead of me."

Beau: "The guard won't let you through without them."
    "Let me guess, you tried?"
    Beau: "Umm..."

"Hey, these fights are between us! Don't go bringing Pokemon into our personal disputes!"
    Beau: "Man, Seed, are you ever in the wrong universe some days... Settling personal disputes with superpowered beings is the ultimate goal of Pokemon training!"

Beau: "Were you trying to name it Top Percent? Don't tell me you screwed up that much..."
    "See? Even this loser, who doesn't know anything about anything, knows how much we've failed!"
    Beau:

"Shut up and fight!"

In the end, it was a little harder for Perci to beat down his Pidgey than I would have thought, but it was still a handy victory. For round 2...

"EXTERMINATE."
    It was tougher than you'd expect, this one: Squirtle is a pretty strong pokemon. I had to use a potion to keep FISTICUFFS in the game.
    Still, she eventually went down with a triumphant kick in the shins from FISTICUFFS.

Darn right I did.

Darn wrong, I didn't!

"Couldn't you just earn badges legitimately? I don't want to have to explain to Professor Oak that his grandson was arrested for breaking and entering into the Pokemon League!"
    Beau: "Yeah, Yeah... You're right. I'm better than that. I'm gonna win fair and square, right over your head! Then you'll see I'm strong enough..."
    "What was that?"

"I wasn't trying to protect you, anyway! Don't think I was, OK?"

And off he went. I better get going, too.
    Last edited by Deme; 2010-06-16 at 02:48 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh, Beau, you crazy person, you.

I still find this LP quite adorable. (Or moe, as they say)
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, a question: I'm going to do training heavily in the future; should I do it as a montage, or a commentary (examples of both above), or whichever fits Seed's mood, or just off-screen it entirely?
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

23. - Top - End - #53

I personally do mine offscreen, with a few screenshots in case something important happens (such as evolution or learning a cool move). I'll mention it occassionally, but recently I just gloss over it entirely.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Evolve the buggies!

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

I'm working on that as I type, so you'll be sure to see it for the next chapter.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    should I do it as a montage,
    Well, you already fought Beau for the last time for a while, so you can't rise up to the challenge of your rival... and the fight just isn't quite as thrilling without it...

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

Chapter 8: Revelation
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm gonna trust Beau about the whole "guards" thing, and instead actually head on with the plot my goals.

"That's right, missy! She knows where I'm at!

"Yes."

These woods are lovely, dark and deep...

...And full of stuff!

But mostly it's just quiet here. Even my team is quiet. It's almost like the world is normal again -- for the brief moments between battles, I can pretend the world is how I imagined it would be for my pokemon journey... No, that's a lie. I always, always imagined Sage would be with me, even after it...Even after...

I've been wondering, if I'm crazy, what's the point of these visions? Why see Pokemon as little girls?
    But it's not about my guilt about the whole pokemon system, or a manifestation of my adolescent frustration over losing my childhood. It's not about delusions of granduer. It's...about Sage, isn't it? It's about this being her and my journey, even after that's not possible anymore. About all the times I've wished it weren't true. It's about...

You listen here, deranged psyche! These pokemon. Are. No. Substitute. For my. Little. Sister!
    OK?
    OK!
    Even if I have to go crazy by not admitting how crazy I am, I am not believing for an instant that this is what my psyche thinks would satisfy me! She's with me in my heart, I don't need to trick myself into projecting her onto them.
    "...Mistress? Shall we continue? You've been still for a very long time... Do you doubt my promise, this world, again, Mistress?"
    "...No! Absolutely not, Azula! Let's go!"

"You want a fight? Bring it!"
    Bug Catcher: Let's battle 'em!"

"It could if you weren't so PATHETIC! PATHETIC!"

"L-lady Seed...Y-you're scaring me..."
    "No, no, I won't be tricked by that sort of appeal!"
    "P-please, stop...I-I'm not trying to trick you."
    "I'm not..."
    "Mistress, are you...crying?"
    "I-I'm not..."
    They're not replacements. They're not. My sister is dead and she's never coming back, OK? I'm not going to be tricked by this... Not even when they escape from their pokeballs, and try and put their little hands on my arms...
    I'm not sad. I'm angry, OK?
    "Lady Seed... Let's keep going. If you believe in us, we'll believe in you, OK? P-please stop crying."
    Do they see through to me, or am I just so stupid and obvious... I bet I look pretty crazy...

"...Ok." I give Lila a hug, and feel her glowing in my arms.

"Wow...How did that just happen...?"
    "Weee! I can fly, I can fly! No more being carried like a lump, tee-hee!"
    "So that's the power of a human who sees...To cause an ascension like that..."
    "...I'm feeling better now, so we can get going..."
    They look at me like they don't believe me.
    "Really, I mean it. I was just...freaking out a little. I'm OK, OK?"
    You heard the mistress. Everyone back into travel mode."
    Everyone voluntarily went back into their pokeballs but Azula, who looked at me and patted my hand.
    "Mistress, thank you for taking her words to heart. I am...less proficient at such emotional matters, but I swear to you we will make you proud that we know and serve you. That is my second promise to you."
    "No problem, Azula. I'm kinda a mess, aren't I?"
    "You are our mistress. Smile like you did when we trained, and soon things will be clear."

I meant what I said, though -- I don't believe that these are in any way substitutes for Sage...Which means I'm going to have to believe this is all, for some defintion of reality, real. I'll try. No more crying, no more getting mad. Just keep moving forward like I've always done, because that is what strong people do.

"Me next! I want to reach my highest form, too!"
    "OK, so it looks like Helga's heading the team."
    Bug Catcher: Yo!

"That's kind of arbitrary. Why should I obey your rules about when I can play music? I mean, if I had a flute right here, I would show you when I can and cannot 'jam out!'
    ... Also, no one actually says that anymore."

"Hey, don't take it that seriously! I'm just sort of thorny with lots of strangers!"

Well, as riveting as this fight would be, I think a change of options may be in order.

Wow, Lila's impressive now!

"Yes. Because my pokemon beat them in a sort of gladitorial dog-fight for everyone's amusement. Pay attention."

"Keep working on it."

More free stuff! Who keeps dropping these?

Anyway, as I'm walking around, battling weedles and kakunas and using up all my antidotes...

There are a lot of bug cather types here, though, you know?

"Don't worry -- I won't hold back!"

Helga's Beedril form is no slouch. This guy's next pokemon was about the same thing, and no trouble at all.

"So deal with it. Take responsibility."

"You go to that school in Viridian, don't you?"

"So sensitive...Maybe I should just be nicer to random kids with nets..."

And it's a one-hit wonder!

"...Yeah."

Another thing happened while we walked and used up so many antidotes...

Bug Catcher: "What's the hurry? Why rush?"
    "I'm not really in a..."

Oh, you're just looking for a pretext to fight. I see.

"Darn Tootin'."

And so, the forest behind me, I step out into the light.
    *a-choo*
    ...Light kinda sucks.

OK, so, there remains in the Viridian Forest an important series of questions:
    1) What should I catch (This one is almost a non-question, as the choices are "Pikachu" or "Spare Bug," I think the wisest choice is obvious) and what should I call it?
    2) Should it go on my team?
    3) If so, who should go into my reserves?
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

28. - Top - End - #58

WhiteWizardGirl

You should get a Pikachu, name it Chuchu in honor of Yellow's Pikachu, add it to your team and then put Helga in reserves because having a Butterfree and Beedrill in your party is rather redundant.
    Last edited by Eloi; 2010-06-18 at 11:38 AM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eloi View Post
    You should get a Pikachu, name it Chuchu in honor of Yellow's Pikachu, add it to your team and then put Helga in reserves because having a Butterfree and Beedrill in your party is rather redundant.
    I second this motion!
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show

and current made by me.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

I second this motion!
    Quite. Pikachu will be useful, especially for Misty. And Butterfree has psychic moves, which are generally more useful than Beedrill, even against Brock. Especially since most gen 1 grass types are also poison, (I think that it's everything but Tangela) which renders bug moves (like Beedrill's Twineedle) neutral, but psychic moves (like Butterfree's Confusion) super effective.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.