New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Behind Every Monster Is a Person in a Cute Costume: Let's Play Moemon Leafgreen!

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    I really hated it as a kid. Except for the villain, anyway. and Batty. Would you accept 'mediocre'?
    I would except 'decent' at the least. Given that it was far better than Avatar, and had pretty much the same plot, like 15 years earlier, I would say it deserves some respect.
    Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Behind Every Monster Is a Person in a Cute Costume: Let's Play Moemon Leafgreen!

I wouldn't know how to do something like that, really...
    Youtube for trading on VBA

Don't know how you'd work the trading into the story. Maybe a dream of existence beyond the realm of this dimension?

Edit: "That's because in one of the versions I changed the trade evolutions to level evolutions. I will change it back in a later version, but I have no idea when I'll come out with a new version." Comment from creator on same page.
    Last edited by HypoSoc; 2010-10-03 at 04:43 PM.
    Hoc Dictum Videtur Esse Melius In Latine.
    This Motto Sounds Better In Latin.
    Cadimus Concordia.
    United We Fall.
    Nolite Hamena Machinae Timere, Nam Iusta Erunt.
    Do Not Fear The Reign Of Machines, For They Shall Be Just.

3. - Top - End - #573
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HypoSoc View Post
    Youtube for trading on VBA
    According to a comment on this page, they evolve with levels though.

Don't know how you'd work the trading into the story. Maybe a dream of existence beyond the realm of this dimension?
    Well, if that doesn't happen by a certain point, I may consider trying trading. It'll be a surprise: I think Terra would like it that way. I don't know which version I'm running, so who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin1040 View Post
    I would except 'decent' at the least. Given that it was far better than Avatar, and had pretty much the same plot, like 15 years earlier, I would say it deserves some respect.
    I agree with you there. I mean, Zach was annoying, but at least his soul didn't drain out of him the moment he encountered a pretty girl.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

4. - Top - End - #574
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin1040 View Post
    Being better than a bad movie does not make it good.Never actually seen it. If I can't see it in 3D there doesn't seem to be much point.

However, you're allowed to like whatever you want. I just don't like it all that much. Heck, there's a movie or two I liked that the Nostalgia critic has made fun of too.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2010-10-03 at 05:09 PM.

5. - Top - End - #575
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

You're running FR if you can catch Nidoran M. I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

6. - Top - End - #576
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    You're running FR if you can catch Nidoran M. I think.
    I meant which version of the patch. Actually, I seem to have access to version-exclusive pokemon: I have both an Arbok and a Sandshrew, after all, and could have had a Vulpix and a Growlithe.

I'm, at least nominally, running Leafgreen, like it says in the title.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

7. - Top - End - #577
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I, I, uhhmmm. Huh. Ignore me then.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    However, you're allowed to like whatever you want. I just don't like it all that much. Heck, there's a movie or two I liked that the Nostalgia critic has made fun of too.
    The NC not liking something is really no measurement for anything, really. >_>

(After all, it's kinda his job to make (questionable) fun of movies.)
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

9. - Top - End - #579
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HypoSoc View Post
    Ug. I've had this idea for a while now, and it wont leave. I figure posting it will make it go away, so I submit to you some "FanFiction":
    Spoiler
    Show

A cool mist washed over the forest outside of Lavender Town. Above, the roar of a Charizard could be heard, but as it never bothered anyone, the residents of the town had learned to ignore it. The pokemon of the area had also gotten used to the idea of this powerful guest, who rarely came down from her flight. The residents, also new however, that today was a day to stay silent. They knew that the pokemon came regular and wished solemnity, and they, used to the demands of the graveyard town, obliged. The pokemon would come to the clearing, often accompanied by a human. They would silently chat and offer goods to the two stones placed in the center.

"I swear, these markets are getting more expensive by the minute!"
    "Is that hyperbole, Mistress? If not, then you had better make your purchases."
    "Sorry, Terra. I know I'm exaggerating, but this is the first time I've really had to choose. Normally I could just get a burn heal, a paralyze heal, antidotes, and whatever I felt like, with some extra money on the side, but at the rate I'm using them up, I have to get only a select few. I'm not psychic like you. I can't know what's going to happen."
    "Mistress, if we knew what would happen, then it wouldn't be a future."
    Seed sighed at Terra's unhelpful, philosophical remark, and bought an awakening with the little money she had left.

Beau crumpled up the Dragonite's mail and tossed it behind him without looking. He cooled himself down and addressed the pokemon:
    "For the third and last time, I am not going."
    The Dragonite, expecting this response, fulfilled her obligation by continuing to pester: "Master Lance would be pleased to have you join him. It really is a valuable opportunity."
    "Lance should know well by now I am not leaving."
    "Very well," the Dragonite continued. "In that case I am tasked to give you this." She hands him another letter.
    Beau took the letter, confused. The Dragonite took off too quickly for him to remember to be polite. He scrutinized the letter, opening it.

Inside was a certificate:
    This Certificate Establishes that Beau Oak
    Has been Granted the Authority and Sponsorship of the Pokemon League for the Lavender Town Gym
    Giving Him/Her the authority over the Distribution of the Ever Badge in the Indigo League
    Signed:

Lance of the Elite Four

Beau paused for a moment, and did the same with the certificate as with the request.
    His Blastroise, on the other hand, made sure to remove it and smooth it, in case his master changed his mind.

"It's going to be alright, Rya. You are going to be fine."
    Seed called to the pokeball in her hand, trying to calm herself as much as the pokemon. She just couldn't run fast enough, the center was too far away.
    "It's so cold." the sick serpent whispered, coughing up blood.
    Where were the potions?! Where where the antidotes?! Where was an Escape Rope to help?! Why, oh why was this happening to Rya?
    "It's going to be ok," Seed cried. "I'm going to make it."
    "Mistress?" Rya called weakly.
    "Yes?"
    "I hope I was worth the money."
    Seed didn't respond.
    Rya didn't either.
    She just kept running, though Rya had become very quiet.

Not done yet. I'll finish it tomorrow or so.
    *snuggles this* I feel speshul.
    This is pretty cool...and also sad. I can't wait to see the rest.
    Now, though, if Rya dies I'll have to come up with a new line.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

10. - Top - End - #580
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I think right now, it's too early for me to talk authorially as an author about Giovanni's mortality,
    ...He doesn't die until GSC, possibly.

11. - Top - End - #581
    Barbarian in the Playground

Compiling the old one plus additions and edits so it doesn't clutter the thread. I'll delete the old one after this is posted.

Hopefully posting this will finally get it to leave me alone.
    Spoiler
    Show

A cool mist washed over the forest outside of Lavender Town. Above, the roar of a Charizard could be heard, but as it never bothered anyone, the residents of the town had learned to ignore it. The pokemon of the area had also gotten used to the idea of this powerful guest, who rarely came down from her flight. The residents, also new however, that today was a day to stay silent. They knew that the pokemon came regular and wished solemnity, and they, used to the demands of the graveyard town, obliged. The pokemon would come to the clearing, often accompanied by a human. They would silently chat and offer goods to the two stones placed in the center.

"I swear, these markets are getting more expensive by the minute!"
    "Is that hyperbole, Mistress? If not, then you had better make your purchases."
    "Sorry, Terra. I know I'm exaggerating, but this is the first time I've really had to choose. Normally I could just get a burn heal, a paralyze heal, antidotes, and whatever I felt like, with some extra money on the side, but at the rate I'm using them up, I have to get only a select few. I'm not psychic like you. I can't know what's going to happen."
    "Mistress, if we knew what would happen, then it wouldn't be a future."
    Seed sighed at Terra's unhelpful, philosophical remark, and bought an awakening with the little money she had left.

Beau crumpled up the Dragonite's mail and tossed it behind him without looking. He cooled himself down and addressed the pokemon:
    "For the third and last time, I am not going."
    The Dragonite, expecting this response, fulfilled her obligation by continuing to pester: "Master Lance would be pleased to have you join him. It really is a valuable opportunity."
    "Lance should know well by now I am not leaving."
    "Very well," the Dragonite continued. "In that case I am tasked to give you this." She hands him another letter.
    Beau took the letter, confused. The Dragonite took off too quickly for him to remember to be polite. He scrutinized the letter, opening it.

Inside was a certificate:
    This Certificate Establishes that Beau Oak
    Has been Granted the Authority and Sponsorship of the Pokemon League for the Lavender Town Gym
    Giving Him/Her the authority over the Distribution of the Ever Badge in the Indigo League
    Signed:

Lance of the Elite Four

Beau paused for a moment, and did the same with the certificate as with the request.
    His Blastroise, on the other hand, made sure to remove it and smooth it, in case his master changed his mind.

"It's going to be alright, Rya. You are going to be fine."
    Seed called to the pokeball in her hand, trying to calm herself as much as the pokemon. She just couldn't run fast enough, the center was too far away.
    "It's so cold." the sick serpent whispered, coughing up blood.
    Where were the potions?! Where where the antidotes?! Where was an Escape Rope to help?! Why, oh why was this happening to Rya?
    "It's going to be ok," Seed cried. "I'm going to make it."
    "Mistress?" Rya called weakly.
    "Yes?"
    "I hope I was worth the money."
    Seed didn't respond.
    Rya didn't either.
    She just kept running, though Rya had become very quiet.

A newly-born Rattata made note of the procession of pokemon. She didn't know why everyone in the forest was silent, or why all these strange pokemon were coming to visit. Her memories of the spirit world were not yet fully established, but she could tell from base instinct that the pokemon were powerful. They started to approach one of the two stones, the one with the bigger pile of dirt. They each placed on the pile a single piece of
    -CANDY!-
    The Rattata dashed out of the bush she was hiding in, ignoring all but her sugary prey. She ran past the foot of some big birds and a snake, making a grab for the pile, only to be confronted by giant needles.
    "Leave!" the bug commanded.
    The young Rattata crouched low, trying to be unseen and whimpered, before breaking out into tears. This really silenced the gathered pokemon.
    She barely noticed one of the birds say: "You can have this one." handing over a treat.
    The Rattata grabbed the candy and gnawed on it furiously, ignoring the pokemon discussing her.
    She didn't remember much after that, besides lying next to a warm pokemon and hearing stories of mystical people from long ago.

"Where are you going?" the Nidoking confronted.
    "TRAINING" was the response.
    "By yourself? Why?"
    The Primeape paused. Spike almost caught sight of a tear in her eyes.
    "WEAK"
    "Does Seed know you're going?"
    The Primeape ignored the question and instead said the single word: "Bye"
    Spike didn't stop her.
    Neither did Seed, crying inside.

The yet unnamed Rattata lay sleeping on the Alakazam's lap. The pokemon around her were silent, partly from the fact that Terra's stories made them weep with memories of the good days, and partly for the fact that the girl had spoken for the first time in years. The red, baggy eyes of the normally empty psychic betrayed enthusiasm and hope at the mouse with whom she could relive her life. Though asleep, it managed to keep gnawing on the candy with a content grin.

"Mistress," the Charizard whispered to her teary-eyed master. "Perhaps it is time to go on with your journey."
    Seed refused to answer her first.
    "Mistress," she implored. "There are fights to be won and a quest at hand. You cannot waste your life mourning for your lost tools-"
    "Shut Up!"
    Azula did as commanded.
    "You will never speak of Rya like that! Never!"
    "Mistress" she tried to interject.
    "Rya was more of a person than you'll ever be!"
    Seed realized what she said a moment too late.
    "As you wish, Mistress." the heartbroken Charizard stated.

Die, inferior plant-forms! the fungus shouted, slicing up newgrown-weeds. It enjoyed the cool mist and the nightly solitude of the place. Pushing the day's offerings aside to get to the grass, it chopped away. It did not know why it made sure to keep this area clear, but it also had no reason not to. Die, invaders of my Mistress!

Not done yet. I'll finish it tomorrow or so.
    Last edited by HypoSoc; 2010-10-04 at 07:17 PM.
    Hoc Dictum Videtur Esse Melius In Latine.
    This Motto Sounds Better In Latin.
    Cadimus Concordia.
    United We Fall.
    Nolite Hamena Machinae Timere, Nam Iusta Erunt.
    Do Not Fear The Reign Of Machines, For They Shall Be Just.

12. - Top - End - #582
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    ...He doesn't die until GSC, possibly.
    Ooops. Caught me in a typo there XD
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

13. - Top - End - #583
    Ettin in the Playground

Special delivery. Sign here, here, here, here and here. Also down there, there, on the other side, up there and down here.

Spoiler
    Show

Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

14. - Top - End - #584
    Troll in the Playground

That is just 100% awesome!

There needs to be a smiley for pure, open-mouthed delight. That is what this gives me.
    Last edited by Deme; 2010-10-05 at 11:51 AM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

15. - Top - End - #585
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    Special delivery. Sign here, here, here, here and here. Also down there, there, on the other side, up there and down here.

Spoiler
    Show

IMAGE!

The only problem I have with this is that Rya looks too old. I got more of a feel of Adorable awkwardness than Crazy Coolness (awesome alliteration) from that scene.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    Crae is the bestest daddy,
    I make avatars, all you have to do is ask, and I'll do it if I can.
    My Awards
    I've got a Formspring, ask me questions if you want.

16. - Top - End - #586
    Titan in the Playground

I'm sorry, I don't get the reference.

17. - Top - End - #587

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    I'm sorry, I don't get the reference.
    In my post, or the picture. Or the actual chapter, where the text in the picture originally came from?
    Last edited by Rae Artemi; 2010-10-05 at 01:03 PM.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    Crae is the bestest daddy,
    I make avatars, all you have to do is ask, and I'll do it if I can.
    My Awards
    I've got a Formspring, ask me questions if you want.

18. - Top - End - #588
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

She needs some witty oneliners now.

Fighting Team Rocket:
    "It's time..." *puts on glasses* "to take a Bite out of crime."
    YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAH!!!

19. - Top - End - #589
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rae Artemi View Post
    In my post, or the picture. Or the actual chapter, where the text in the picture originally came from?
    where the text in the picture originally came from. Don't recall that line from anything.

20. - Top - End - #590
    Dwarf in the Playground

Blues Brothers for the original original.

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Brothers (1980)
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.
    Jake: Hit it.
    Original Moemon original. About halfway through.
    Last edited by SilentDragoon; 2010-10-05 at 01:17 PM.

21. - Top - End - #591
    Troll in the Playground

She needs some witty oneliners now.

Fighting Team Rocket:
    "It's time..." *puts on glasses* "to take a Bite out of crime."
    YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAH!!!
    I will look around and take suggestions for really corny one-liner attempts. Rya would be delighted to have material.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

22. - Top - End - #592
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Something Like This:

Rya: I'm a dragon! RAWR!! FEAR ME!
    Opponent: You aren't even a dragon type.
    Rya: *uses 1HKO* That dragon enough for you.

Yeah. I fail at 1-liners.

23. - Top - End - #593
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

One liners should be witty and spontaneous.

After defeating a Dragon-type:
    Sorry, but I didn't feel like letting this fight...
    drag on.

The punchline should be the same line that sets up the joke. That's why it's called a one-liner. If you need help, just watch a lot of CSI openings, especially Caruso and Grissom's quip-to-black lines. You should get the idea soon enough.

24. - Top - End - #594
    Troll in the Playground

Heh. I'll keep that in mind.

I'm working on figuring out what I need to do for my plans for Erika's gym. I'm not sure if I'm 100% the choice I'm going for, but eh. It's as good a time as any other. So now I need to figure out what I need for it to work, and get to doing it.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

25. - Top - End - #595
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Azula and Azula alone. Maybe Pidgeotto whose name escapes me (I'm sorry!!).

26. - Top - End - #596
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Azula and Azula alone. Maybe Pidgeotto whose name escapes me (I'm sorry!!).
    This is about my plan... But there's something that I think I want to happen (mainly because such a good chance won't come again if I wait), and that takes some prep work to get the math just right.
    Last edited by Deme; 2010-10-05 at 07:49 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

27. - Top - End - #597
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

This is about my plan... But there's something that I think I want to happen (mainly because such a good chance won't come again if I wait), and that takes some prep work to get the math just right.
    Sounds complicated. Good luck!

28. - Top - End - #598

This.
    LP.
    Is.
    Unequivocally.

AWESOME.

Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

29. - Top - End - #599
    Ogre in the Playground

The punchline should be the same line that sets up the joke. That's why it's called a one-liner. If you need help, just watch a lot of CSI openings, especially Caruso and Grissom's quip-to-black lines. You should get the idea soon enough.
    Not even Disney shows are safe from making this joke.
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

30. - Top - End - #600
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

More hypothetical one-liners/quips, to get you started...
    Spoiler
    Show
    After sweeping the 7th or 8th gym: "What's the matter? You look...
    washed out."

After beating Sabrina: "That's an outcome you should have seen coming."

After getting a KO with Ice Beam: "It was ice meeting you."

After sweeping a water-type trainer: "That fight was a little... fishy."

YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAHHHH!