New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Behind Every Monster Is a Person in a Cute Costume: Let's Play Moemon Leafgreen!

Vulpix, Sandshrew, Dratini, and Flareon for Eeveeolution

2. - Top - End - #482
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Behind Every Monster Is a Person in a Cute Costume: Let's Play Moemon Leafgreen!

OK! We have some winners.

We'll be getting a Dratini, Sandshrew, and Vulpix. The Eevee, as everyone could predict at this point, will be a Vaporeon.
    So this leaves the question of how they should be used: should any of them enter the party? If so, who'd be leaving? That old drill. I normally don't seperate them, but for the Dratini and Vaporeon, I feel like the answers would be different from, oh, say, a Porygon and a Jolteon.

*goes back to work on chapter stuff...Or she will soon enough*
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

3. - Top - End - #483
    Colossus in the Playground

Dratini should look up to Rya as a big sister. Although no idea for a name (Danielle (D=Dragon))?

Vaporeon (Aquamarine) Wants to battle, wants Rya to be removed so that she can take her place.

Vuplix (Lillith (If allowed by board rules)) Uses her cuteness to cover a devious streak

Sandshrew (Stephine) Is afraid of dying in battle
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Ogre in the Playground

By the way, I had a brief worry about something: if we're giving an icebeam to Rya, all fine and good, but... Don't Lance's dragonites usually pack electric attacks, or is that only true in SoulSilver? I guess what I'm saying is, wouldn't that work out safer in Spike's moveset, or is keeping a fighting attack (I suppose in case something happens to FISTICUFFS or in case we move her out of the team) more important there, since the only other reccomendation I've gotten for him at the moment is Brick Break? Or is the idea there that only one member of the team needs to have an ice attack, and Rya may as well be it?
    Not according to bulbapedia, the only electric move his pokemon knows is thunderwave, and that's only one of his Dragonair. He wises up in the rematch by having his Dragonite know Thunderbolt, but again only in the rematch. So at the moment, Rya should be fine against Lance.
    Last edited by Geno9999; 2010-09-25 at 10:46 PM. Reason: fixed link
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

By the way, I had a brief worry about something: if we're giving an icebeam to Rya, all fine and good, but... Don't Lance's dragonites usually pack electric attacks, or is that only true in SoulSilver? I guess what I'm saying is, wouldn't that work out safer in Spike's moveset, or is keeping a fighting attack (I suppose in case something happens to FISTICUFFS or in case we move her out of the team) more important there, since the only other reccomendation I've gotten for him at the moment is Brick Break? Or is the idea there that only one member of the team needs to have an ice attack, and Rya may as well be it?
    Vaporeon is actually the best choice for Ice Beam so far, if she makes the cut. (Eeveelutions also have generally horrible movepools, so Ice Beam is a must for a Vaporeon) Rya is actually fairly weak with Ice Beam, just like she is with Water Pulse. Her best move might actually be Return, maybe even after you get access to Earthquake by beating Giovanni in Viridian (though Spike is good with it, too).

Spike has a huge problem: a ridiculously wide movepool and roughly good enough stats to use most of it. Nidoking actually has one of the largest movepools this side of Dragonite. Since it's Gen III and Moemon, I'd recommend Brick Break, Return or Dig (possibly Earthquake), Attract, and Shadow Ball for Spike.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Vaporeon is actually the best choice for Ice Beam so far, if she makes the cut. (Eeveelutions also have generally horrible movepools, so Ice Beam is a must for a Vaporeon) Rya is actually fairly weak with Ice Beam, just like she is with Water Pulse. Her best move might actually be Return, maybe even after you get access to Earthquake by beating Giovanni in Viridian (though Spike is good with it, too).

Spike has a huge problem: a ridiculously wide movepool and roughly good enough stats to use most of it. Nidoking actually has one of the largest movepools this side of Dragonite. Since it's Gen III and Moemon, I'd recommend Brick Break, Return or Dig (possibly Earthquake), Attract, and Shadow Ball for Spike.
    Are you voting that the Vaporeon (who is the only one I haven't named yet) replace Rya (or someone else, and I just have two waters for a while)? I like hearing definate votes. I can always get an ice beam for both, to be safe.
    Yeah, I was actually checking around...and the movepool of a Nidoking is pretty shocking...Still, with the exception of shadow ball, that was, I think, about the moveset I was planning for him. I can add Shadow Ball to the shopping list still, without upsetting much.
    Last edited by Deme; 2010-09-25 at 10:21 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

7. - Top - End - #487
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Are you voting that the Vaporeon (who is the only one I haven't named yet) replace Rya (or someone else, and I just have two waters for a while)? I like hearing definate votes. I can always get an ice beam for both, to be safe.
    I was mostly just talking statistically. I like the team setup as it is, though I'd also like to see Vape and the others. Status quo is easier...
    Yeah, I was actually checking around...and the movepool of a Nidoking is pretty shocking...Still, with the exception of shadow ball, that was, I think, about the moveset I was planning for him. I can add Shadow Ball to the shopping list still, without upsetting much.
    Shadow Ball + Brick Break hits all Pokémon for at least neutral damage. Or at least, it does until they develop a Normal/Ghost type. Attract is a no-brainer for the only male 'mon in the game. Since you've already taught FISTICUFFS Rock Slide, you can't give it to Spike in preparation for fighting the E4. Shadow Ball will take out Agatha (provided her Haunter doesn't devour his dreams...) and Brick Break smashes Lorelei. Ice Beam is his best bet against Lance, but doesn't do much to the rest of the E4.

Azula with Dragon Claw (TM02, found on Victory Road) and Chuchu with Thunderbolt take care of everything Lance has except his Dragonite as well as or better than Rya or Spike with Ice Beam, and they have the advantage of being naturally faster than his entire team. Except Aerodactyl, which is just ridiculous. (To outspeed it without serious Speed training or a higher level, you need to use Electrode or Jolteon)

8. - Top - End - #488
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Ice Beam would be useful for Vaporeon.

...One finds it's generally best to listen to Mando.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

9. - Top - End - #489
    Banned

Beholder

I say switch out Azula for the Vulpix just for a while. She's been with the team from the beginning and she really needs to learn she doesn't need to be on the front lines all the time to be a good partner for Seed. Right now she's too focused on "being useful" and doesn't realize she could be damaging herself.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Titan in the Playground

Didn't somebody warn against Vulpix? Not sure who, and although I may have voted to get one, I'm now going against it. The one I got in pokemon blue wasn't useful at all.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Troll in the Playground

For a Pokemon LP, of which there seem to be rather a lot of, this one stands out out as being quite good. I'll have to keep an eye on it.

Also, Vulpix is adorable. SQUEEE!
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

12. - Top - End - #492
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    Ice Beam would be useful for Vaporeon.

...One finds it's generally best to listen to Mando.
    Mando is a very useful teacher in these matters -- but you're not too bad yourself, Penguinator. I figure between the two of you, with some sprinklings here and there, I'll end up learning a lot by the end of this LP.

Quote Originally Posted by Solarn View Post
    I say switch out Azula for the Vulpix just for a while. She's been with the team from the beginning and she really needs to learn she doesn't need to be on the front lines all the time to be a good partner for Seed. Right now she's too focused on "being useful" and doesn't realize she could be damaging herself.
    This is a pretty interesting idea, though in terms of effectiveness...It'd be iffy.
    Last edited by Deme; 2010-09-26 at 08:06 AM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

13. - Top - End - #493
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

But Azula's so close to evolving... And Erika will be a walk in the park for her. (With or without evolving)

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

14. - Top - End - #494
    Banned

Beholder

Mando is a very useful teacher in these matters -- but you're not too bad yourself, Penguinator. I figure between the two of you, with some sprinklings here and there, I'll end up learning a lot by the end of this LP.

This is a pretty interesting idea, though in terms of effectiveness...It'd be iffy.
    Well, I didn't say to actually use her in any important battles, just to have Azula resting in the reserves while you train the Vulpix up to an acceptable level.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Reserve training tends to happen without main party members, anyway.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

16. - Top - End - #496
    Troll in the Playground

Reserve training tends to happen without main party members, anyway.
    And I'll be doing a mass version after Erika: all the pokemon in the box to level 25, 6 pokemon you vote for up to level 30 or so. I consider it important not just for balance and so on, but also because I think it's an important trait for Seed to make sure everyone gets some love.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

17. - Top - End - #497
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

If I can make a strange request? I'd like to see Erika the Drowzee bumped up a level, regardless of whether she gets the votes. Just so we can see her become a Hypno.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

18. - Top - End - #498
    Troll in the Playground

If I can make a strange request? I'd like to see Erika the Drowzee bumped up a level, regardless of whether she gets the votes. Just so we can see her become a Hypno.
    I could do that: one level's not a big difference.

Chapter's written, screenshots taken, working on getting it all together now. It was a fun chapter to write, if a little hard.
    Last edited by Deme; 2010-09-26 at 05:00 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

19. - Top - End - #499
    Titan in the Playground

<snip>

Chapter's written, screenshots taken, working on getting it all together now. It was a fun chapter to write, if a little hard.
    Does that means we get update tonight??? if yes [victory dance]YAY[/Victory Dance]

If not
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

20. - Top - End - #500
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    Does that means we get update tonight??? if yes [victory dance]YAY[/Victory Dance]

If not
    Ideally, yes. I can't garuntee, since a meteor could hit my laptop at any moment... But that's the idea.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

21. - Top - End - #501
    Titan in the Playground

Ideally, yes. I can't garuntee, since a meteor could hit my laptop at any moment... But that's the idea.
    Casts Protections from Arrows (meteors are projectile right? ergo your laptop is protected from them)

Also somewhat on-topic, I would have voted for jolteon...but it seems vaporeon won........ guess I'll have to stick with the majority and say that Ice Beam should go to vaporeon

Incidentally is there a way to get the dreaded boltbeam combo in any of your pokes?
    Just call me Dusk

22. - Top - End - #502
    Troll in the Playground

Incidentally is there a way to get the dreaded boltbeam combo in any of your pokes?
    *headtilt*
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

23. - Top - End - #503
    Titan in the Playground

Thunder bolt + Ice beam in the same pokemon, has an incredible coverage IIRC only three pokemon resist both of them, and most of them are hit to at least neutral damage
    Just call me Dusk

24. - Top - End - #504
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

And you're pretty much guaranteed not to be seeing Chinchou/Lanturn or Shedinja. Magneton is a different story, though.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

25. - Top - End - #505
    Troll in the Playground

Well, besides Spike, who's silly like that...
    the Dratini can.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

26. - Top - End - #506
    Titan in the Playground

Well, besides Spike, who's silly like that...
    the Dratini can.
    Dratini then, I am sure that spikes Special attack won't be high enough
    Just call me Dusk

27. - Top - End - #507
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Actually... Mando has pointed out that Spike has a decent special attack. But still, Dratini should get it (if at all) over Spike.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

28. - Top - End - #508
    Titan in the Playground

I said he didn't have enough to be really useful, personally I would stick spike with a more physical set but that is just me
    Just call me Dusk

29. - Top - End - #509
    Troll in the Playground

Chapter 31: Too Many Narrators Spoil the Soup...Or Do They?
    Spoiler
    Show

I've never seen anywhere like this. I mean, Dad worked here -- but it wasn't like there was a 'bring your daughter to work day.' I wouldn't have gone. So I've never seen Celadon before. And shoot. These buildings are really tall. There are an absurd number of people here, all milling about. So much to do...
    "Well, let's find somewhere to eat, and then we can talk about what to do next."
    That seems to agree with everyone.

...The heck. In front of me, I kid you not, is a guy openly walking around...in a team rocket uniform. He doesn't even have any pokemon with him! The heck?

...What is wrong with this place?
    I bet their stronghold is in this city... Well... If the police aren't doing anything, then I won't. At least not until I've gotten my bearings.

On my way to a restaurant, I pass another Rocket. Why does a theoretically pretty place have to be so low?

That sounds might suspicious. I'll add it to my to-do list.

Poor guy.

Hey, hey, I'm here to eat, not laugh!

Good man. Gambling is --

Oooh! Free stuff!

Cool! I can go gamble…. Hey, it’s different if it’s in an official gambling place, and not just a kid-filled road, right?

Over dinner and pokefood all around, we discuss plans.
    "Ok, guys, what do you want to do?"
    "I'd be alright just looking around the city."
    "I wanna go shopping!"
    "I'm alright with anything!"
    "EXPLORE."
    "Well, why don't we split up? We'll go in groups and wander the city."
    "You have your own plans, then..."
    "You caught me there!"
    I laugh.
    "I will accompany you, Mistress."

"I'LL TAKE RYA. SHE NEEDS TOUGHENING."
    "What? Noooo!"

"I'll go with Spike, then."
    "No! I'm going shopping with Spike!"
    "Who said I was going... Tch. Alright -- why don't you both come with me?"
    "Are you about to say that there's enough of you to go around, or have we not yet descended into such depths?"
    "...Wimmin."
    We all laugh, eat our meals, and split up from there.

Azula and I start off at the game corner -- I pick up a few coins from the other players, who are nice enough to give them to me, and I play the slots for a while...

Holy buzzmonkeys! The lights flash and glare and I walk away with a good sum of coinage from my first game.
    Still, I have a long way to go before I get some prizes.
    "Hey, Azula, is it alright if we stay here a while?"
    "I don't understand this...At what point is something set on fire?"
    "This is a slot machine. Nothing gets set on fire."
    ...If you want to waste your time on such a strange thing, that's fine...Provided I get something out of it."
    "Alright, we'll pick up a prize for you, too! Let's do it!"

WE DECIDED TO LOOK AROUND THE OUTER EDGES OF THE CITY; I DIDN'T LIKE THE CROWDS MUCH.

"The trees here are very pretty, right? They're such a pretty shade of silvery green."
    I LOOKED UP INTO THE TREES AROUND US. I HADN'T NOTICED. I STOPPED AND REALIZED THAT THERE WAS SOMETHING ON THE GROUND. SEED WOULD WANT IT. IT WAS LABELED PP UP... HUMANS MAKE STRANGE THINGS.
    WE FOUND AN AREA TO THE SIDE. IT HAD WILD POKEMON.

IT WAS FUN TO JUST BATTLE FOR THE SAKE OF IT.
    "RYA, COME. I WANT TO SEE YOU PRACTICE. FIFTY SPEAROWS."

"FIFTY?! That's way too many for me on my lonesome!"
    "VERY WELL. 49!"
    DESPITE THAT, SHE WANTED TO TAKE A BREAK AFTER ONLY 20. WE SAT IN FRONT OF A FOUNTAIN.
    "YOU HAVE BECOME STRONG."

"Thanks... I guess I'm worth the money, right?"
    "WORTH HAPPENS INSIDE. DON'T LET AZULA TRICK YOU. FIGHTING SPIRIT -- THAT IS WORTH!"
    SHE SMILES AT ME. SHE LOOKS LIKE SHE WANTS TO ASK SOMETHING, BUT I STOP.
    "BUT SHE CHOSE YOU WELL. THE MONEY WAS WORTHLESS. YOU ARE NOT. VERY SIMPLE."

"Wow, thank you! I never expected to hear something so nice from you."
    ...I WONDER WHAT SHE WAS EXPECTING TO HEAR.

The Mistress puts a few more coins into her filling purse -- it is slow going, and we have been here for some time. Still, the little rewards excite her. Humans are so strange. I admit... I was thinking of something I had said before. My Mistress is somwhat childish -- it's the immaturity of someone whose path to real maturity has been barred by misfortune... To such a childish heart, hope has thrice its value. And what I said then...
    "Mistress." She turns her head and pulls the lever. It clatters.

"Yeah, Azula?"
    "About what I said in Lavender town...I apologize for my insolence. As your first...I should take your beliefs to heart."
    "Listen, I don't care about that; you have your own feelings. I think anything else is creepy."
    I see from her eyes that I can't press her for this.
    "I would like to understand what you think is most important then."

"I dunno. Love, maybe? Power and money...they're ways to things. They aren't things that are valuable for themselves...So how can they be the most important?"
    "Because...it is through power that all valuable things can be gained. It is the key to open any door... Power can get you what you think is most important."
    She looks alarmed, but it's evident. But it is true, it is true!
    Isn't the Mistress the same way? The hurt in her heart that pushes against the surface of her mind, sometimes smoky through our bond -- don't tell me power wouldn't have saved her.
    How could I have been alone in the dark so long, if it weren't that I didn't have the power to earn the love that would have protected me? If I had had power... I could have been happy for 20 years, with a master that loved me (forgive me, Mistress, for such disloyalty). I could have been warm, like a fire type ought to be! I could have smiled.
    ...Instead of...
    The Mistress puts a hand on my shoulder. I look up from my thoughts to see her face -- and somehow it reminds me of that first day, before my first trainer captured me, before this girl before me was even born... I was so weak. But the sunlight of this world, carved like my own blood from elemental fire, hit my shoulders and my hair and I laughed. I was so foolish. But there is something like that feeling on her face.

"Come on. I think we have enough."
    She takes me by the hand and leads me out, like a mother would a child. We walk next door. She speaks, briefly, to a cashier and brings out her coin purse. She recieves something, outside of my line of sight. What on this earth is she doing...?
    "Aaah, perfect... Here, Zu-Zu."

It is a small, scorched, piece of wood. It radiates in my mind, pulsing a deep red. As I take it into my hands, I smell it then: this wood is soaked in an essence not unlike my own: yes. It had been exposed to flames, and it had soaked up much of their power. It was a charm to grant strength to those who commanded fire.
    "And remember, Azula: I'm not giving you this because you're strong, or because I want you to be strong with it... But because I promised you and I thought you'd like it. So this is one thing that's not earned through power, right?"
    I stare at her for a moment. Humans are...such silly creatures sometimes.
    "I suppose so." I say. I clutch my totem tight. I want to believe in this. I don't know how, but I know I want to.
    She examines the other prizes, picking up a few handy items.

Then she looks where a few pokemon, in the back, were held in cages. She sighs...Then her eyes widen.

"Are those...Dratini?"
    Cashier: "I don't know how our boss gets them, but he must have a deal cut somewhere!"
    "Hmm...Could I get a closer look? I'd like to try and get a better sense of their personalities before I make my choice."
    The cashier eyes her carefully, but brings out the dratini. I don't much care for the looks of them.
    "Hello there. I'm going on an adventure -- and I figure I should see who's most interested before buying."
    "...Is she kidding?"
    Dratini: "She must be. She looks way too poor to afford us, even with triple-sevens."
    "My mistress is fully serious...And expects an answer."
    "What sort of adventure is it? I've never been on one. Will there be tea?"
    "...I think it could be arranged. It is a journey for wishes." The Mistress, unbelieving, rolls her eyes. I need to work on that -- if she doesn't believe, what wish could come of it? "And to see the world."
    "That sounds simply marvelous. I'd be happy to come along with your Mistress."
    Other Dratini: "Seriously?"
    "Ok, then. I think this one seems the most pleasant...”

“Yup. Hmm...Will Ala be an acceptable name?"
    "Oh, quite. You know, you're very much like my mother's master..."

ChuChu holds on pretty tight as we walk towards the department store. 3 pokemon out on their own catch a lot of attention, but no one stops us. I guess we're tough enough that a lone human wouldn't think to bother us...
    It's wierd to think, but if I had been this tough to begin with.... Nah, she'd’ve still been all 'omg, a boyz!!1' and it'd have happened just the same. Yeah, so no blaming it on anything. I guess it's what's called fate!

"...You're in a really good humor today."
    She sounds pretty surprised.
    "Well, you've been quiet so far."
    She laughs.

"Why are you always so mean to him, huh? We're teammates. You shouldn't be mean to a dreamy teammate."
    I notice that dreamy bit. I swear: I'd like ChuChu more if she didn't always make a big deal of me. I mean, for being a guy: if she made a big deal of me because I'm awesome, it'd be different.
    "I'm not reall being mean, am I? I'm just seeing what he'll say -- I'm only doing what I think he can take."
    "So in other words, your freud jokes are just a vote of confidence?"
    "It's more complicated than that. It always is... But there is that: I couldn't tease Rya or you, ChuChu, like that."
    ...That...doesn't come as a surprise. But...
    "So that's it, huh? You tease me because you can?"

"Are people so simple to you two?...How enviable."
    She sighs. I guess what she's saying is that it's not that simple... But are people that simple?
    ...Some of 'em. I mean, look at FISTICUFFS...But then again, she's started this whole teaching thing. I guess she's not as simple as she appears, either.
    I've always said ChuChu's pretty simple. I wonder if that's really true. Is that what you want me to ask, Terra? Or am I just being crazy, thinking you really want something outa me for this? But sometimes she says something and it's like a challenge to me. I don't like not being able to meet a challenge head-on.
    I growl a little. Well, it doesn't matter what she wants from me: it's what I do, right?

"It's also very fun to watch him try and think."
    "...That is kinda cute..."
    "...Glad to know I please!"
    I feel the anger rising up in me. It gets hard to move the way I want -- my entire body wants to punch something. And if I started, I'm really not sure I could stop.

"...Relax..."
    We reach the department store.
    "It's....just really frustrating!"

"I'm sorry. I really do like you -- because you're so cool, Spike. You're tough and smart, and that's really neat! And even if I annoy you, you let me stick around. That's pretty neat."
    ...I blink. I never thought about it that way. I had been... really unfair to her.
    "It's ok. Just...Maybe tone down the lovestruck schoolgirl bit -- it doesn't let me see you well."
    ChuChu laughed and went springing across the store.

"You know, if being treated as a pretty object by all these girls bothers you...You need to find a way to make it a power. It cannot, I think, be escaped. Use it for you...against them."
    "Like when you take an insult and turn it into a badge of honor, yankee doodle style?"
    She laughs again.

"Now, see, that's part of why I like to ask you odd questions -- sometimes, you'll be able to find an answer... Yes. Exactly."
    "I'm ignoring the sometimes...how'd you reccomend I do that, then?"
    "Hm. Simple. Ply all your bad boy charm. Then, lean in close...And say something romantic and hot and -- yes, for you, just a little brooding. It'd throw any girl off her guard."
    A smile crossed my face. I shot her a sort of 'romance novel cover' look, turned away, struck a pose to run my hand through my hair -- and then I touched her face, as gently as I could manage it, and said,
    "So, then...Am I such a monster that a girl like you...needs such strong guards? Are you...that sort of girl?"
    I looked into her drowsy, golden eyes...and watch them change shape, open up wide. She has bright eyes, and the skin around them flushed the same color as the star between those eyes. I pull my hand back. Man, it's hot in here.
    After a moment, in which neither of us look at each other, she laughs, Terra's mild chuckle, full of unspoken thoughts.

"...Y-yes. Very good. Just like that...

"It's funny how so many of the attacks you learn have something to do with sexuality, isn't it? I do wonder..."

"S-Shut up! Don't make you girls' crazy hangups about me, OK!?"
    "Hey, guys...There's nothing fun on this floor. Let's go see if there's something better... Guys?"

We found the Mistress walking with Azula and Miss Lila on the edge of the city.
    "Hi, Mistress! FISTICUFFS and I found you a present!"
    I give her the power point up that we had found. She smiles.

"Thank you, you two. Oh, Rya, I got you a new technique."
    She hands me a pretty disk. I can feel the cool chill coming off of it -- oh, but to humans, that chill wouldn't be there. It'd be just a disk; I don't know why. I'd think that everything would be much better if all humans could see us -- or if humans were like us, and felt the energies like that! That'd be so cool... But then there wouldn't be humans anymore...I don't know if that'd be bad. I look at the disk for a bit, until Azula nudges me.
    "Oh, right! Thanks, Azula...Thanks, Mistress!"

"No problem; it'll be handy later.”

So I can call upon ice now. It's pretty neat… though...that's not what I'm really good at.
    “What are you doing now, Mistress?”

“Lila and Azula and I were going to catch some pokemon nearby. Would you two like to come?”
    ”GLADLY.”
    ”Uh-huh!” I don’t get to watch her do that much, so it’s fun. We follow her out into the grass, where we all sit on a ledge for a while. Azula keeps fiddling something she has wrapped up in a string around her neck.
    “Is something the matter?”

”Ack…Pidgey, Pidgey…What does it take to catch a Vulpix, here?”
    ”No…Yes.”
    I knew she couldn’t lie to me, even if she thinks she could.
    ”Rya, what would you do if you wanted to believe something, but you could not bring your heart to it?”
    Ahhaha…. That’s a tough one. I’m not sure I understand – wanting to believe in something is the same as believing in it, right?
    “I don’t understand what you mean, Azula. Believing is believing. If you want to believe, then something inside already does, right?”

”…Thank you, Rya. I’m sorry.” She looks like she wants to touch me; run a hand through my hair or wrap and arm around me. I wait. She doesn’t. I edge a little closer to my big sister anyway, and rest my head on her shoulder.
    “Ah! I have an idea!”
    The Mistress lays down a mirror into the grass. Funny. I didn’t know she had a mirror – I guess we learn something all the time, right? I see something creep towards it.
    ”Oooh…How pretty. What’s this doing here? Did a human drop it? Well, I guess you’re mine, lovely mirror <3”

”Ah –aaaah?”
    “Sorry about that.” The sleepy Vulpix doesn’t look up.”You’re welcome to the mirror, though."
    ”That’s….Ok….then… zzzz….”
    The Mistress decides to call the Vulpix ‘Pixie.’ Everyone else jokes about it.

Then she takes us back to the tunnel; funny how no one says anything about how we all follow her around. I guess because we’re off-duty… Or maybe there’s more respect for trainers like Seed than Azula says – she says they used to be kings and queens and stuff.
    “What’s next?”

“I’m thinking a growlithe or somesuch. Come here little growlithe…”
    But that’s not what happens.

”Excuse me…”
    “Yeah?”
    She looks surprised.
    ”Well, isn’t it technically against the rules to have so many pokemon out at…umm…”
    “They’re not all fighting. They’re just chilling.”
    ”Umm…Well...”
    She looked uneasy, as if she wanted to accept it, but couldn’t. I nodded in agreement with Seed.
    “It’s really OK – as long as we’re not doing bad things, the rules aren’t really broken, OK?” Oh, I have an idea! “Why don’t you come with us, and you’ll see?”

“What, I --!”
    ”That sounds very nice. I’m sure it’ll all make sense then…umm… For a name, could you…call me Sandra, Ma’am?”

“Sure, I guess…(didn’t I have actual plans?
    This reminds me of a song. I hum it as we walk back to town.
    ”Look at me…there has to be….Something more than what they see – wholesome and pure, oh so scared and unsure….”

“Rya? You coming?”
    ”Don’t worry, Mistress!” I dash up past them, happy I could help add another sister to the family.

It sat in the glass box: a bright, shining green-gold stone. See it there, where the light strikes it? That thunderbolt.
    ”Humans are fascinating – they sell ascension like trinkets. It just goes to show…How value is somewhat meaningless unless there’s a valuer. At least, that’s true for unloving things – there are human philosphers who have a lot to say. Still, this stone…Has a valuer, doesn’t it?”
    The shopkeep eyes us suspiciously – she doesn’t get that we’re just here to have some fun. I mean, I’m pretty sure talking about value and valuers and stuff like that is how Terra has fun, so she’s probably really enjoying herself! Spike’s just sort of wandering around, but he comes back near us, leaning his strong arms against the counter, looking down at the stones; the counter showed the reflection of those warm red eyes, like a beautiful forest flower.
    ”It’s about that time, isn’t it?”
    ”Yeah! I mean, I don’t know if I’ll really be a better fighter with it, but I have to try!”
    ”…Be careful, OK? I don’t know much about Raichus.”
    ”T-thanks, Spike… But it’s like you said before you evolved: it’s the only way forward.”
    ”It’s impressive, really, ChuChu. Most Pikachu I’ve heard about seem hesitant, if not outright rejecting of the prospect of evolution.”
    ”Really?” I’ve never thought of myself as really different before. I mean, I’m pretty neat, even if I’m not the best fighter… But I just figured that’s because Pikachus are really the best thing to be (for me)! Still, if I’m different from most Pikachus, then I need to move on; I’ve done what I can with this point in my life, and it’s time to adventure onward!
    “I should ask Seed to buy me one.”

”…You really want it?”
    ”Yeah! Absolutely!” Because I do. I want to be the very best! Like no one ever was!
    ”Then I’ll buy it. Jasmine’s been giving me some of her payday money.”
    ”J-Jasmine? Why?” He gives me a look that says ‘like you can’t figure it out.’ I guess I have more competition then I thought. I wouldn’t mind if my new body came with a more eye-catching figure. Or at least a more flattering raiment.
    Then what he said catches up to me.
    “W-wait….You’d buy it…for me?” Maybe he really does like me! Or wants to like me. I can work from there!

”Yeah, sure.”
    He is a beautiful, beautiful ‘mon. As I try and hide the extra flush on my face, he reaches into his sleeves and, to the amazement of the lady behind the counter, brings out a little bag full of coins. He dumps them all out and points at the thunderstone.
    Cashier: ”Oh, I see… Your trainer sent you bunch to do the shopping, right?”
    Spike nods and points to the thunderstone again. The Cashier counts the coins, arranging them into neat stacks. She smiles and brings up the thunderstone.
    And Spike, silently, transfers it into my hand.

The lightning storm runs through me and I suddenly feel like my thoughts live under my skin – I can see them, darting around and moving faster than blood and filling all the little corners of me and racing into the heavens – no, wait, that’s not what it felt like. But it’s the closest words get.

I found myself laughing, felt my hair grow softer, felt my clothing and my body change. It wasn’t a huge jump – but it was a jump, a leap into the sky.

Still, I’d have liked it better if I were just a little bit hotter. Is that too much to ask?

ChuChu’s new body was really very pretty – and I think all of us were happy with our trip. I hadn’t really wanted much, but I ended up feeling satisfied with what I had found. Is it odd, how that works? Still, we felt it best to return to our trainer before the store management threw us out. We found them walking back from the edge of town, looking somewhat please. Seed gasps .
    “ChuChu?”
    ”That’s me!”
    She spins, to varying levels of applause. You can tell a lot about the way a person claps; Seed claps with one hand up, but she forces the sound to carry. Rya flails her hands together wildly, grinning with all her heart. FISTICUFFS has fists more than hands, but bangs them together a few times, like cymbals. Hah – a cymbal monkey. Azula cups her hands, and grins. More power for the team, huh, Azula? Or are you, Oh First, simply glad someone else gets to be happy? I wonder: she and our commander most, but how many of us are damaged, and how deep? …I cannot believe myself to be damaged. Aye, there’s the rub: what do I believe myself to be?

I wake up to find Seed climbing stairs, the rest of us behind her. We’re out and about today – I’m lucky to hover in my sleep, but unlucky too, since it means my sleep is shallow and full of jolts.

”So, what, did you guys seriously find a secret entrance here?
    ”YES.”
    Thank the spirits for recapping…Hm. Is there a spirit of handy recaps? Perhaps so.
    Still, the basic logic of this world: If there’s a hidden door, it must be entered. And it will, according to Seed, always lead to stairs. Fascinating. We reach the roof and cold, windy air. And there was a building, which couldn’t be accessed from any other place. Inside was a man, a blackboard, and a book. And a pokeball. Seed examined it.

“An evee?”
    Man: ”Yeah. Is she yours?”
    “No. Is she yours?”
    Man: ”No. I found it here when I moved in. The last people here must have left her, so I’m waiting to see if they ever come back.”
    Here, Azula looks away – her tailblaze crackles. But none of the rest of us responds – There is a feeling in her heart that responds differently from the feeling in ours. They – I can feel it, crinkling under their eyes – are glad it is not them, waiting here for a master that will never come. We need humans – they give us a strength that cannot be replicated on our own, they give us guidance where bloodlust would ensure that we lose our way… I am not sure what that strength is worth, but so many want it so badly. …Wait, I forgot someone on our list, didn’t I? Azula fumes. The rest feel sorrow and relief… But then there’s me, watching them watch this story. Because someone has to, I suppose.
    ”Mistress, please – no one will come. No one will ever come. I advise you…Take her with us. Don’t let her be alone anymore.”
    “Can I have her?”
    Man: ”Sure.”

We take our new treasure outside. When we release her, she blinks into the light.
    ”…This is the roof...Why have I… been removed from inside?”
    “Because I wanted to speak with you. Is your trainer really coming?”
    No reply. What can she say?
    ”No.”
    How charmingly blunt.
    ”…But…I’ve never…left the mansion.”
    ”Then you should!”
    ”How about Seed train you for the day – if you don’t like it, you can just stay in your room and wait forever. Any choice is better than none, yes?” Everyone looks surprised that I posed such a practical plan.
    ”Yes, this is agreeable. You won’t regret this choice – the battlefield is the place for a pokemon.”
    Ah. Pleading – but she has a point, of course. We are born to fight – it’s a meager destiny, but destiny all the same…Still, you can’t trust destiny.
    ”You could…just…run off with me.”
    “Nah, I’m not that sort of person.”
    Our guest, who introduces herself as Aquamarine, didn’t seem to mind that idea; she wasn’t happy for it, either. Someone like her, who has been betrayed (and such abandonment, surely, is betrayl), can’t bring herself to trust a feeling, or a stranger…hm…Sounds like someone I used to know. I’d like to know her again, one day: that person who felt excellent…
    ”…Very well…”

I take Aquamarine out to train. Even if she’s not technically mine, but she obeys me quietly and cooly. And she’s not really a terrible fighter, for someone with no advantages.

”Battling…hurts.” She observes, as if watching something far away.
    “I’m sorry. Here, let’s fix you right up.” I tend her wounds.
    ”Oh…thank you.” Her eyes smile, just a little. ”That’s…very kind.”
    “Think nothing of it.”
    She’s pretty sturdy, which comes in handy. Her tail twitches a bit when she fights – if growlithes wag tails when they’re happy, and meowths wag when they’re mad, when do Eevees wag their tails?

We fight for most of the rest of the day – when we head into town for healing, I teach my pokemon a few moves here and there, for the sake of it.

“So, what do you think of battling, and being out here?”
    ”It’s…somewhat fun. Everything is very bright…”
    “Really? You don’t look like you’re having much fun.” She looks at me as if she doesn’t get what I mean. “Well, what you feel matters more than what you show, right?”
    ”Yes.”
    “Well, for cooperating with us, why don’t we get you something? A present, so that way, no matter what you pick, you gain something from this.”
    ”…You don’t need to…”
    “I insist! I know, what about an evolutionary stone? Eevees can evolve into all sorts of things, right? So you can have your pick. Whatever you think your master would like best.”
    ”I already said…she’s not coming back… But...”
    “OK, then.” I pick her up and walk her to the store. There, she looks at all the stones, tilting her head with birdlike fascination. She points to the water stone.
    ”That one… It…resembles my name.”
    ”And the name of the thing reflects its nature – an interesting choice.”
    I make my purchase.
    ”Yes. Though…Could we go back to home to use it? I…would like to make my choice there.”
    “You don’t know yet, then?”
    ”Battling hurts… But it’s also fun… You are kind…But it’s loud out here…And frightening.”
    And from there, a decision becomes impossible.
    We take her back up there, and put the stone inside the building, and her inside the building, and let her think.
    “If you don’t want to come with me, just don’t come out. You don’t need a reason.”
    Terra leans forward and whispers something.
    ”This is your choice. A completely free choice – treasure it.“
    She enters. We wait there for what feels like a long time, watching the sun set over the verdant city.

Then something stirs. Someone with long blue hair and a high collar walks out – from the tail, I recognize a Vaporeon.
    ”I think…It may be fun…to be a little scared of this world. Goodbye, mansion…”
    And on her face: a delicate little smile, just a very small one.

And so, Aquamarine joins our party.

So now that you've met the newbies, if you want to re-arrange the party, now'd be the time to say so. And also, if you'd like me to pick up anything more while we're in the city. Cast updates'll be soon, since I took screenies of all the updated characters and movesets.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

30. - Top - End - #510
    Troll in the Playground

I said he didn't have enough to be really useful, personally I would stick spike with a more physical set but that is just me
    To be fair, at the moment, he has the second highest special attack of the whole team. I expect this to change when Azula evolves, but there you go.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)