New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2035363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1481
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Behind Every Monster Is a Person in a Cute Costume: Let's Play Moemon Leafgreen!

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyFoxMan View Post
    Am I the only one here who doesn't care for all this talk about ponies?
    Probably not, but is it really such a big deal? I mean we have what, twenty posts about it at most in the entire thread with it all still being relevant? Heck, in the most recent case there's only 5 posts about the show, most of them just being small references.

I really don't see what the big deal is. We're not taking over the thread or anything.

Sorry if I come across as a little cross, but when there hasn't been much discussion about this in this thread (That I'm aware of anyway. Might have missed something) it comes across as kind of insulting when you say "I don't care for it." You're of course entitled to your opinion but it just comes across as kind of mean.

I know you most likely didn't intend this, I just thought I'd bring it up since things can easily come across wrong in a text based medium.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2011-03-20 at 02:18 AM.

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Behind Every Monster Is a Person in a Cute Costume: Let's Play Moemon Leafgreen!

Apologies, I wasn't intending for that to be offensive. It was more of a situation where it's like "hey, I'm just strolling along down this thread", and then suddenly PONIES. It caught me by surprise. :V
    Fluttershy in the Playground. I'm okay with this.

Oh yeah, also: Follow me in my current Screenshot LP of Pokémon Liquid Crystal! (Now probably a lost cause, since the original thread is over six months old, if not longer!)

It's Pants, the Musical Superstar!

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Titan in the Playground

Apologies, I wasn't intending for that to be offensive. It was more of a situation where it's like "hey, I'm just strolling along down this thread", and then suddenly PONIES. It caught me by surprise. :V
    Ah okay. Just wanted to be sure you know how it might sound.

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Troll in the Playground

To be fair, from my end, at least, the references to ponies are about level with Dominic Deegan fanon, Umineko, and Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective. OK, I lie. Per text-space, the amount of references in this thread to ponies total isn't equal to the amount of space I've spent referencing those last two.

Also, with your protest of ponies, you have become part of the problem. Even more so, since now we're just discussing ponies wholecloth.
    Last edited by Deme; 2011-03-20 at 07:32 AM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by fizzmaister View Post
    Get a Slowpoke (or fish for something else) at treasure beach. Get a Ponyta at kindle road, and save your Mt. Ember opportunity for a Magmar. Exclusive location.
    Guys, be civil and do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Get a Slowpoke (or fish for something else) at treasure beach. Get a Ponyta at kindle road, and save your Mt. Ember opportunity for a Magmar. Exclusive location.
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Guys, be civil and do this.
    Exactly. Covers all bases, keeps everyone happy.

It's somewhat ironic that the one with "Troll" in their name is often the voice of reason.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    It's somewhat ironic that the one with "Troll" in their name is often the voice of reason.
    Like Camelot, Atlantis is a silly place.

8. - Top - End - #1328
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Like Camelot, Atlantis is a silly place.
    Huh. I thought it was only a model?

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Orc in the Playground

Okay, now I feel like a total jerkface.

Oh yeah, also: Follow me in my current Screenshot LP of Pokémon Liquid Crystal! (Now probably a lost cause, since the original thread is over six months old, if not longer!)

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Troll in the Playground

Okay, now I feel like a total jerkface.
    It's ok. We still wuv you.
    Last edited by Deme; 2011-03-21 at 08:44 AM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Color flub.

1): Forget about Rock Smash.

2): A tom-boy Slowpoke (who should go Slowking if somehow possible) named Tammy (or Tommi). Surprisingly intellignet.
    Agreed, though more Slowqueen valley girl would amuse me to no end.
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

12. - Top - End - #1332
    Bugbear in the Playground

If the promise can be upheld at a later point, I guess I'll change my vote to slowpoke.

13. - Top - End - #1333
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    It's ok. We still wuv you.

14. - Top - End - #1334
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gadora View Post
    If the promise can be upheld at a later point, I guess I'll change my vote to slowpoke.
    True. If you count Kindle Road as a separate path, go ahead and get a Slowpoke here.

15. - Top - End - #1335
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gadora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    True. If you count Kindle Road as a separate path, go ahead and get a Slowpoke here.
    Sooo much confusion. Deme's at Kindle Road right now, she hasn't gone to Treasure Beach yet. Since you two are agreeing with my proposal (I think), Seed should catch the Ponyta here. My proposal was to convince people to get the Ponyta here.

I think almost everyone agrees that since Seed promised Rya a pony, and none of us want to be responsible for destroying Rya's innocence, Seed needs to catch a Ponyta at some point. Ponyta are only available at Mt. Ember and Kindle Road. Slowpoke and Geodude can be found elsewhere so the only pressing thing to capture here (Kindle Road) is Ponyta. This lets us save Mt. Ember for other things, like Magmar, Slugma, or Machop. Also, Deme, do you consider the inside and the outside of Mt. Ember as two places or one?

Also, I need to change my recommendation for Treasure Beach. Seed should get a Tangela there, since it's the last chance to get one. Also, fish for a Krabby at One Island (the town) and get the slowpoke at Cape Brink (on the next island). Thank you bulbapedia.

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

none of us want to be responsible for destroying Rya's innocence
    Character development. Totally worth it.

17. - Top - End - #1337
    Troll in the Playground

I'm sorry about the lack of update so far. I have a small one written and played, but I don't have it all edited together. I've had a fairly major paper that's taken up all of my weekend energy... And also a wasp sting on my hand that keeps distracting me as I type, thus making me want to bring up the painful swelling at every opportunity, even though it doesn't have really much at all to do with my lack of update.

On the other hand, I am, for reasons related to the chapter, totally inspired to do a little canonical-but-totally-not-related-to-the-plot-of-the-game-or-flow-of-gameplay side story. Maybe several, but one comes to mind at the moment. So expect that at some point.
    Last edited by Deme; 2011-03-27 at 11:36 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

18. - Top - End - #1338
    Orc in the Playground

Side stories are fun. I say go for it.

Also I share the feeling of needing to get another update done. In my case it's trying to get the story to move itself along in the way I want it with the screenshots I've used. I'll get it done eventually... :I

19. - Top - End - #1339
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

And also a wasp sting on my hand that keeps distracting me as I type
    Bad Helga.

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm sorry about the lack of update so far. I have a small one written and played, but I don't have it all edited together. I've had a fairly major paper that's taken up all of my weekend energy... And also a wasp sting on my hand that keeps distracting me as I type, thus making me want to bring up the painful swelling at every opportunity, even though it doesn't have really much at all to do with my lack of update.

On the other hand, I am, for reasons related to the chapter, totally inspired to do a little canonical-but-totally-not-related-to-the-plot-of-the-game-or-flow-of-gameplay side story. Maybe several, but one comes to mind at the moment. So expect that at some point.
    Blarg, weekend paper writing is the pits, isn't it? Sorry about your hand, too; I'm reflexively tensing my hand myself just thinking about (pretty damn afraid of anything small, buzzing, and yellow/black)

As for Moemon Gaiden: DO WANT.

21. - Top - End - #1341
    Troll in the Playground

Chapter 58: Obligatory Hotspring Episode
    Spoiler
    Show

"Here, ChuChu. It's not as good as brick break, but we can put it on someone else later and take you to the move forgetter and just buy another Brick Break."
    "You put a lot of thought into this..."
    "Well, it is my job!"
    "Yeah, but you don't usually do so much planning."
    "I don't normally need to improvise so much. Now stop being surprised; let's hit the spa!"

I've always wanted to go to a spa. Sure, it's a dusty cave with a big pool of warm water where there are guys watching me in my swimsuit...ummm... There was a good side to this. Really.
    I find a little hotspring a bit off from the rest, and let the gang out. It's wierd; their little costumes don't seem to actually get wet. I wonder: does the idea of a special outfit for being in the water even occur to them?

ChuChu stands shaking at the edge until Spike takes her hand and guides her in. He holds onto the edge with the other, and for some reason, we don't all die of electric shock. I guess he grounds her.

"Oh, wow! It's sooo warm! Heee!"
    "Rya...Stop splashing me."
    "But I want you to have fun in here. Play with me!"
    "I don't like the..."
    Azula stares at her for a while. Then she sinks, reluctantly clutching her tail about the water.
    "Yaaaay!"

"Sometimes I think she's the smartest one of us."
    "How so?"
    "She gets what she wants, doesn't she?"

"MISTRESS. THAT WORD?"
    "Oh, yeah. You wanted to ask me about something."
    "THE MISTRESS IS...SUCCESSFUL IN LOVE."
    "Of course I'm not. I can't even get the only guy in town to like me, and I'm the only girl in town! I mean, I gave up on that years ago, but the fact that he doesn't kinda says I can't be great at love."
    "OF COURSE YOU HAVE FAILED TO EARN THE AFFECTION OF THE MAN WHO WAITS IN STRANGE PLACES, BECAUSE HE KNOWS YOU'LL BE THERE...WHO LIVES TO TASTE YOUR FIERCENESS IN BATTLE. OBVIOUSLY."
    ...Did I just get sarcassed by FISTICUFFS?
    "Listen. We're rivals. That's it. He's always talking about how I smell -- he hates me. It's no good, loving someone like that."
    "Heart wants what the heart wants."
    "...Let her enjoy the illusion of certainty. Everyone has to have that illusion shattered for themselves. If she can keep it, more power to her."

"AND, ANYWAY, THAT BILL LIKES YOU."
    "Maybe...I'm not sure I'm right on that one."
    "WELL. YOU'RE ALL I HAVE TO ASK...UMM... IT IS MY INTENTION TO TAKE CHUN LI ON WHAT YOU HUMANS DUB 'A DATE.'"
    "..."
    So what do non-humans call it?
    "BUT I ONLY KNOW HOW TO FIGHT. HOW DO YOU HAVE A DATE?"
    I've never even been on a date...But she is my pokemon. I must help her.
    "Well, you need to go to someplace you both like."
    "LIKE A DOJO?"
    "Someplace not for fighting in!"
    "...BUT YOU SAID SOMETHING WE LIKED."
    "Well, then, how about somewhere new to both of you? After dinner."
    "CAN THIS BE SOMETHING WE LIKE?"
    Well, since you can't make food into violence... "Of course."
    "GOOD."
    "And maybe bring a flower. It's a little old fashioned, but I've always wanted flowers."
    "SO I TAKE HER TO SOMEWHERE WE DON'T KNOW AND EAT SOMETHING WE LIKE AND GIVE FLOWERS BECAUSE YOU WANT THEM."
    "...I'm trying my best."
    "AT WHAT POINT DO YOU FIGHT?"
    After marriage, usually.
    "The goal isn't fighting! It's having fun and getting to know the other person!"
    "SO...LIKE FIGHTING."
    AGGGGGHHHH!
    "Just try it, Ok?"
    When all you have's a hammer...

Anyway, we eventually leave to try the rock smash technique. Apparently smashing rocks takes less power than breaking bricks. Who knew?

And there's pokemon in them-there rocks!

And in the grass.
    "Look, Mistress! A ponyta! You said we could try and catch one, right?"
    "I did..."
    But I didn't expect to find one. They've been migrating south for a long time, according to the Prof's notes.
    "Excuse me...She promised you?"
    "That's right. My Mistress is one of the special ones!"
    "Oh, I see. That must be very nice -- I've always wanted to understand how that works better, but my luck with researching it is --"
    "Well, you could always, you know, ask me."
    "Yeah. I suppose I could... Ummm...Hi."
    "Hi."
    "I'm sorry. Talking with a human is just so unusual...I really can't think of what to say."
    "It's cool. Want to come with us? You can try to figure it out. I’ve had no luck, but maybe I’m coming at it from the wrong angle."
    "Well, I do enjoy learning..."
    "Pleeaase?"
    What is her thing with ponies?
    "I suppose so."
    We agree to call her Twilight. I'm not exactly sure how this manages to connect to my box system, but I guess kanto-bought pokeballs are trained to it or something.

"Yaaay!"
    "You know, you were so excited about us getting a ponyta you forgot to make friends."
    "You're right...I guess I'll need to apologize."
    "You do that."

And we find stuff behind rocks! Hooray!

"Yeah, sure."
    It's training, for her pokemon and mine.

More mine, I admit.

"Why, thank you!"
    I'm glad there's someone who's not a sore loser, just one person in this whole universe...

Who is this tour guide and why is he swimming here?

And why is he challenging me to a pokemon battle?

A very short pokemon battle, at that.

"I dunno...I like my battle-weather to be more atmospheric. Rain and things."

Now, imagine how much more impressive that battle would have been on a raging, storm-tossed ocean!

By which you mean me?
    ...HEY! I'm very lightweight! I can pull off a miniskirt! Look at these legs! These are not the legs of a ‘big one’!

Dang, Chu-Chu levels up a lot on these ocean bits.

I may have to hit this man personally if I see him use another Seaking.

You're off the hook for now, fisherman...

I enter Mt. Ember proper, a beautiful mountain rising out of the sea. I wish I could show this place to Jewel, but the internet provider is apparently absurdly bad.

If it were going to erupt, we'd be seeing signs already. Volcanoes are not subtle.

Lemmee think...no. Isn’t that move a suicide tactic?

Are those...Members of team rocket? Spoiling my tropical vacation? I'll not stand for this.

I sneak up and listen in. They're too busy talking to spot me.

...Admins?
    Like...Perhaps that Mr. Celio?
    I try and get closer, but...

Neither of them have pokemon, so a battle's out, and I’m pretty sure they’d overpower me when it comes to basic fighting. Well, I'll see if I can't find out what they're up to here.

We push aside some boulders blocking our path. More boulder puzzles up ahead, maybe?
    Because I am so excited for that. Look how excited I am. Excited.

I'm sure Jewel does...Geology's never been a favorite of mine.

When was the last time I saw one of these?

Well, the green of spring is fleeting.

Curse you, low accuracy all-powerful moves, for putting us in a position for this.

Much better.

Heh. Maybe I'll be able to talk to Jewel about caves now.
    It's great to learn, because knowledge is power.

Like always, there's wild pokemon in the grass.

Does heartbreak really get better with violence?
    "EVERYTHING IS BETTER WITH VIOLENCE!"
    "Indeed."

"What the heck was that?!"
    "Composure, Mistress. I'm fine."

"Unlike her."
    She grins and settles down for me to heal her up.

"I'm sorry..."

More pokemon in the grass...

And items, too.

Isn't an active volcano also one that's erupted in the near past, and is still showing signs of actual volcanic activity, thus creating the possibility of another eruption even without an eruption proper?

*shudder*

What? How do you get from horrible to kinda cute? How does that work?
    This is the true magic of pokemon...

Or maybe it's still setting things on fire.

So he is to Volcanoes what Jewel is to caves?

...Man, I've been thinking about Jewel a lot lately. I guess it's just the cave coming up. Well, this mountain needs to get some spelunking done, so I guess I’m taking over duties as GENTLEWOMAN ADVENTURER!

I suppose I'll count the inside and the outside of Mt. Ember as two areas, because someone thought I could do that without breaking my arbitrary rules. I'll assume that the plan is Magmar, according to the plan mentioned earlier, unless someone else supplies something better.
    Last edited by Deme; 2011-03-28 at 08:07 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Titan in the Playground

Well, since you can't make food into violence
    Seed has no idea how wrong she is here.

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I'll assume that the plan is Magmar, according to the plan mentioned earlier, unless someone else supplies something better.
    Magmar is only available outside of Mt. Ember. Unless someone feels a pressing need for a machop of geodude, and can convince enough people, get the magmar.

24. - Top - End - #1344
    Titan in the Playground

Magmar is only available outside of Mt. Ember. Unless someone feels a pressing need for a machop of geodude, and can convince enough people, get the magmar.
    I like geodude. but Magmar is cool too.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

25. - Top - End - #1345
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Hey now, Exegecute was much cuter then Exegutor.

26. - Top - End - #1346
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

You have one FISTICUFFS quote in Terra's color.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

27. - Top - End - #1347
    Halfling in the Playground

MindFlayer

HELLO!? ANYONE HOME!

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Belkar certainly lacked empathy, but the best ranger alive couldn't control a paladin's mount.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZZ7oFKsKzY
    http://youtu.be/fR7EAdPUqvQ

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Squiggly-Thing View Post
    HELLO!? ANYONE HOME!
    What is it? It hasn't even been a week since the last update
    ...Though this is another paper week. It's that time of year, you see.

...Why am I getting yelled at? *hides under arms*
    Last edited by Deme; 2011-03-30 at 09:12 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

29. - Top - End - #1349
    Titan in the Playground

*hugs Deme* there there, the scary poster can't hurt you now.

30. - Top - End - #1350
    Halfling in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    *hugs Deme* there there, the scary poster can't hurt you now.
    Boo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Belkar certainly lacked empathy, but the best ranger alive couldn't control a paladin's mount.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZZ7oFKsKzY
    http://youtu.be/fR7EAdPUqvQ