New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Behind Every Monster Is a Person in a Cute Costume: Let's Play Moemon Leafgreen!

Aww, well, thank you! I feel honored.
    I'll try to keep the girls (and Spike) safe as best I can.

Also, since you're apparently checking, update'll probably be sometime tommorow night. S.S Anne, like Mt. Moon, will apparently need to be made into two segments, just due to number of screenshots I've taken thusfar.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Behind Every Monster Is a Person in a Cute Costume: Let's Play Moemon Leafgreen!

Just posting to say I love this LP, and consider it to be at least on par with Red Chocobo's pokemon LP's, which are some of the best LP's I've read. So yeah, keep up the great work, I will definitely keep following this.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    Crae is the bestest daddy,
    I make avatars, all you have to do is ask, and I'll do it if I can.
    My Awards
    I've got a Formspring, ask me questions if you want.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Dwarf in the Playground

While people are posting about how much they like this I may as well chime in...

I'd post the "SP Ninja Official Seal of Approval" but I have yet to make it so you can have an interwebs cookie instead. Keep up the good work, I prefer video lp's myself but if there others on the forums that are this good I should read more.

*Goes back to lurking*

4. - Top - End - #244
    Troll in the Playground

Thank you all for the nice comments; it's great to hear from people about how I'm doing.

Chapter 20: *insert old spice commercial reference here*
    Spoiler
    Show

I remember being on a ship like this, once. Sage was just a baby, and she was sick, so Mom was left at home with her... But my father had to go to a party on a ship like this for work, and he needed to bring a guest. So he brought me. We met his boss. He was sort of a big guy, I think -- a big guy in a nice suit. I think he had pokemon with him, too...
    Why am I thinking about him?...Heck, maybe it's just to avoid thinking about my dad.

"Thank you."

"yes."

Now, if I were some sort of conman, perhaps working on a scheme to make tons of money by abusing pokemon until I have a change of heart brought about by a noble, loving moment of protection and the fact that everyone else is a jerk... I would have showed it to you like that to keep you from examining it closely. It would just be a piece of cardstock with official-looking lettering on it.
    In other words, your security sucks. Actually examine the ticket and rethink my confidence, or this place will be crawling with unauthorized individuals.

Really? Because a tour around the world by boat sounds pretty cool to me.

"Of course. Being a pokemon trainer apparently negates any and all ability to have a vacation." I mutter.
    "For someone like you...that's probably true."

Well, let's take a look around, then. I'm up for anything.

Who wants to battle me, right?

...Man, does that sound familiar. I mean, Beau's too much of a jerk to count, even if he is sometimes kinda sweet...
    "I feel you, man."

Oh, man, that is adorable. Its growls set Rya trembling...But just the sight of Rya scares it a little.

And, with the aid of water pulse, it's easy to defeat.

You think after seeing how easily the first one was defeated, he'd call it off and save his little buddies some pain.
    But they're not really your friends if you don't give them a chance, right? Right. That's how I'm chosing to interpret this, because otherwise I will want to beat him. With my fists, instead of my pokemon.
    I am trying to have a vacation.
    "Rya, do your best!"
    "But it's scary!"
    "It's OK! Just use water pulse, and it'll be over fast."
    "O-Ok!"

I pat her on the head.

"They gave it their best."

"You're the one who sent the second one into battle knowing it would have only a slim chance of victory! Don't make me out to be the bad guy when you had a choice."
    This is what I get for being nice.
    Gentleman: "I know...But nothing makes them happier than battling, so I had to try, right?"
    I guess I can't argue with that logic. Poor guy's doing the best he can. My expression softens.
    "Just...think before you leap next time, OK?"

"Oh, yeah, I guess so. My pokemon need the break more than I do; I've just been riding my bike all day."
    She lets us take a break in her room for a while. It's very soothing.

"Thank you very much."

"Jeeze! I'm sorry; the door was unlocked, and you're basically the first person so far to mind at all!"
    He challenges me to a battle before I can back out, though.

And I win.

I could have been out of your room by now, jerk...

Bonjour? What sort of crazy imaginary language is that? I mean, did he just phone that in from a parallel reality or something?

Ooh, what should I order? I wonder if they make virgin pina coladas here...

And like that, he walks off. Darnit. I guess I'll have to hunt up a bar myself.

"Hey, I admit to not being so formally dressed, but I'm not a waitress!"
    I storm out.

"Awesome!" I bet she has something rare and exotic, something I've never seen, like a mudkip (I heard they're very popular; everyone likes them) or a wurmple or a... Well, I've seen a wurmple, haven't I? Anyway, or a...

"...A pidgey. You travel all around the world, and you catch. a. pidgey."
    Ow, my brain.

"Thank you, Spike."

She was just lying about having caught pokemon from all over the world, wasn't she?

"Yes, but you could have caught them at Mt. Moon's base, right here in Kanto. You wasted an opportunity I will probably never have...On a pidgey. and a Nidoran."

"No, not really."
    Team (in unison):"WHAT?!"
    "Heh. Just kidding."

It's a very, very short match.

But that happens, so it's pretty worthwhile.

Brick Break? I may have to hold onto that; that sounds like a pretty neat move. I'll worry about it later, though.

"There's a bunch of them in Saffron. It's not subtle at all, really; this region needs all the help it can get."
    He scribbles down a few notes. I stare.
    "But you're...not going to do anything, are you?"
    Undercover Agent: "Not my department, Miss, but I'll pass it along to our special ops agents." He sighs. "I wish I could do more, Miss...But there's a limit, and I know mine. I'll try and deliver that knowledge effectively."
    I leave the room.

Aah, stuff. Stuff warms the spirit.

Darnit, now I can't stop wondering that for myself!

A Chesto berry? Well, thank goodness someone's cleaned these cans...

I notice something in the nearby bucket.

Ooh, nifty... That's going to be mighty useful.

This place really needs a better lost-and-found system.

"You know, it's not like I'm challenging you to a sailing race. I'm a trainer; what do I have to do with sailing?"

"Are you sure this is really the best way to preserve your 'sailor's pride'?"

No, I guess not.

...What?

No, no I don't! ...What do they say? Now I'm almost curious.

OK, so apparently what they say is that a single electric-type move can demolish a battling sailor. Or if they don't, they should. It's true.

Ooh, nice.

"No." Why would I?

"Wait, what?!" Is this what they say about sailors and battling? You twisted -- !
    "Spike, help me out here!"

The Horsea focused mainly on decreasing Spike's power. He...seemed restrained. I dunno; something's been bugging him for a while now. I should ask.

Well, that ought to cheer him up, at least.

"How remarkably Freudian. I really do wonder about you male pokemon sometimes."
    "It's-Not-Like-That! You use what you've got!"
    "Temper, temper, Spike... Unless you're getting prepared."
    And then Spike made some sort of stuttering raging sounds before going back into his pokeball with his arms crossed.
    My team has been doing an awful lot of whispering. I really need to talk to Spike.
    But first, we have to finish this battle.

Which ChuChu does somewhat easily.

Ooh, and I need to get this ether. Absolutely. But after this, we are so having a serious talk.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

5. - Top - End - #245

Tentacool is adorable. That is all I have to say.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    My Awards

6. - Top - End - #246
    Firbolg in the Playground

Catch a tentacool ASAP. Your team needs a tank.

And it's d'awwwwww.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hah, that Tentacool is cool. Um, not intended. Definitely.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Barbarian in the Playground

Heh. I assume that's a reference to Raistlin's LP?

Also, is her dad's boss Giovanni?
    It's like an old steam train, but powered on insanity and pain.

Uncle Fong avatar by Elagune

My Homebrewed Creatures:

9. - Top - End - #249
    Troll in the Playground

Yes to the first one.

And to the second... That is certainly a valid interpretation of the foreshadowing. There are a few others, but Giovanni's not a bad guess, and I can't blame you for thinking of him. Either way, I have no intention of revealing the identity of her dad's boss at this time.
    Last edited by Deme; 2010-08-16 at 08:29 AM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

Just finished a complete read through of this LP, and I have to say Deme you are an awesome writer, you have really engaging character, the world you have shown is intriguing and it is quite funny.

I must admit I was a bit put off at first with the Moemon thingy at the start, but your writing skills are sure enough to keep me here.

Great work and I am waiting eagerly for the updates.

Oh and I think you should update the character list at the start.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ettin in the Playground

Another fun update. Although I've always been disappointed by the way the game handles the SS Anne. Here you are on this super awesome cruise ship that travels the whole world, and you've got a pass to get on board... while its docked. For one afternoon. For a party you've already missed. Then 75% of the people on board pick on you for target practice, and you end your stay giving a back massage to the captain of the ship.

This is the least relaxing vacation ever, and I want to talk to the management group to register a complaint? Would the whole thing make more sense if the ship was just another Rocket SchemeTM? I say yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    That sounds suspiciously like work.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post

That sounds suspiciously like work.
    You know what they say no work no.... no......
    fine I don't know what to answer hope you are happy

Last edited by Dusk Eclipse; 2010-08-16 at 09:08 AM.
    Just call me Dusk

13. - Top - End - #253
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    Just finished a complete read through of this LP, and I have to say Deme you are an awesome writer, you have really engaging character, the world you have shown is intriguing and it is quite funny.

I must admit I was a bit put off at first with the Moemon thingy at the start, but your writing skills are sure enough to keep me here.

Great work and I am waiting eagerly for the updates.

Thank you.

And....Yeah. I totally should. I actually was planning on doing it after the reserves training chapter. I had pictures and everything, stored away in their own little folder... And then I went and posted the next chapter and people gained levels and invalidated my screenshots a little and I got frothing at the mouth and rage... Which put it off for a while.
    And so I'm waiting until we get off the boat and a few other things happen. There'll be at least one major 'I need a new picture for this' between here and Surge, and it doesn't make a lot of sense for me to update the cast section just to do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Another fun update. Although I've always been disappointed by the way the game handles the SS Anne. Here you are on this super awesome cruise ship that travels the whole world, and you've got a pass to get on board... while its docked. For one afternoon. For a party you've already missed. Then 75% of the people on board pick on you for target practice, and you end your stay giving a back massage to the captain of the ship.

This is the least relaxing vacation ever, and I want to talk to the management group to register a complaint? Would the whole thing make more sense if the ship was just another Rocket SchemeTM? I say yes.
    It is, in fact, the world's worst vacation. I do sort of wonder who said 'I know! The next area should be a boat! ...But you don't go anywhere on it. And you just fight trainers and cure sea sickness. But you're on a boat!' in the production team. Because he needed to be smacked. I'm sure Seed will get a relaxing vacation at some point. /blatant lies
    Though, who knows? Celadon may come fairly close; if I recall, there's a lot of goofing off to do there before getting back to the plot.
    Last edited by Deme; 2010-08-16 at 10:26 AM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

14. - Top - End - #254

Oh, and Deme, I know it may not be my place to say this, and you may have already been planning to do it, or you may already have gone through Lt. Surge's gym, but might I suggest using the moon stone in your bag on Spike before facing Surge, as having a ground type would help immensely.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    My Awards

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deca View Post
    Heh. I assume that's a reference to Raistlin's LP?
    I missed this. Explain?

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rae Artemi View Post
    Oh, and Deme, I know it may not be my place to say this, and you may have already been planning to do it, or you may already have gone through Lt. Surge's gym, but might I suggest using the moon stone in your bag on Spike before facing Surge, as having a ground type would help immensely.
    It actually is your place to say that; this is a "let's play" as opposed to a "Read what I write while I play." You're welcome to really suggest about anything; movesets, what to do with TM/HMs, nicknames for pokemon I'll be catching when it's time to catch more, and so on. When we hit Celadon, I'll even be doing votes for various significant purchases and prizes and so on.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

Ok then I vote for evolving Spike just before taking on the lighting american!
    Just call me Dusk

18. - Top - End - #258

Porygon! Get a Porygon, free it from the Rockets!
    Hoc Dictum Videtur Esse Melius In Latine.
    This Motto Sounds Better In Latin.
    Cadimus Concordia.
    United We Fall.
    Nolite Hamena Machinae Timere, Nam Iusta Erunt.
    Do Not Fear The Reign Of Machines, For They Shall Be Just.

19. - Top - End - #259

I missed this. Explain?
    Her second paragraph about the hypothetical con man is describing the main character from Raistlin's Pokemon LP.

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post

And to the second... That is certainly a valid interpretation of the foreshadowing. There are a few others, but Giovanni's not a bad guess, and I can't blame you for thinking of him. Either way, I have no intention of revealing the identity of her dad's boss at this time.
    He leapt immediately to mind because he's the only guy in a suit that I can remember who has any importance in the plotline. Unless her dad's boss is that boss guy of Silph Co or something. I think he had a suit.
    Last edited by Deca; 2010-08-16 at 04:45 PM.
    It's like an old steam train, but powered on insanity and pain.

Uncle Fong avatar by Elagune

My Homebrewed Creatures:

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

I don't know... Porygon isn't such a good pokemon IMO and it is literaly expensive since IIRC it cost a couple houndred coins from the Game corner, during one of my playthrough on original blue (wow so long ago) I did the multiply item cheat on nuggets just so I could sell them and then buy coins to buy my dratinai and porygon.
    Just call me Dusk

21. - Top - End - #261

But Dratini and Porygon need help.
    Hoc Dictum Videtur Esse Melius In Latine.
    This Motto Sounds Better In Latin.
    Cadimus Concordia.
    United We Fall.
    Nolite Hamena Machinae Timere, Nam Iusta Erunt.
    Do Not Fear The Reign Of Machines, For They Shall Be Just.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

I know, I even risked my favorite game just so I could have them so I know they are special, though that doesn't change the fact they ARE EXPENSIVE
    Just call me Dusk

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post

It is, in fact, the world's worst vacation. I do sort of wonder who said 'I know! The next area should be a boat! ...But you don't go anywhere on it. And you just fight trainers and cure sea sickness. But you're on a boat!' in the production team. Because he needed to be smacked. I'm sure Seed will get a relaxing vacation at some point. /blatant lies
    Though, who knows? Celadon may come fairly close; if I recall, there's a lot of goofing off to do there before getting back to the plot.
    Just be glad that it's not portrayed the same as in the anime, where Ash & Co. did go on a cruise, but the freaking thing gone and went Titanic on everybody. Then Ash & Co. (somehow) wound up on some sort of amusement park/island... WITH GIANT MECHANICAL POKEMON.
    Seed should be glad that this ship is only boring, and not life-threatening.
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deca View Post
    He leapt immediately to mind because he's the only guy in a suit that I can remember who has any importance in the plotline. Unless her dad's boss is that boss guy of Silph Co or something. I think he had a suit.
    Both are valid interpretations of the foreshadowing, and that's all I'm going to say about the matter. You hear that? Aaaall I'm going to say. Not saying anything more. Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Geno9999 View Post
    Just be glad that it's not portrayed the same as in the anime, where Ash & Co. did go on a cruise, but the freaking thing gone and went Titanic on everybody. Then Ash & Co. (somehow) wound up on some sort of amusement park/island... WITH GIANT MECHANICAL POKEMON.
    Seed should be glad that this ship is only boring, and not life-threatening.
    But the giant mechanical pokemon episode was the best episode ever. It's totally my favorite, and several moments from it are engraved in my brain. Seed wouldn't be too pleased, though.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

25. - Top - End - #265
    Halfling in the Playground

I love this LP. :3

26. - Top - End - #266
    Dwarf in the Playground

I suppose we should stop guessing the future plot points, simply because it feels like Deme is feeling somewhat uneasy with it. I mean, it must suck if someone guesses what will happen 28255 episodes later in the first hint. It also sort of reduces the possibilities since the writer would try to surprise the audience.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ranielle View Post
    I suppose we should stop guessing the future plot points, simply because it feels like Deme is feeling somewhat uneasy with it. I mean, it must suck if someone guesses what will happen 28255 episodes later in the first hint. It also sort of reduces the possibilities since the writer would try to surprise the audience.
    I'm not uneasy... But I am finding it a little tricky to answer without answering, and you really can't expect me to give a real answer either way -- that would ruin the fun. Feel free to speculate... But I think from now on I just won't say anything about that sort of post, thus saving me a lot of bother.

I mean, I can answer 'will the boss be showing up/ is that detail relevant?' sort of questions, and the answer, in this case, is 'yes.' But I can't answer who he is, what he wants, or related questions until after he appears.

Also, I'm probably taking some, if not most, of this week off; I'll be away, and so don't know exactly how much time there is for posting.
    Last edited by Deme; 2010-08-18 at 09:03 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

28. - Top - End - #268

Quote Originally Posted by Rae Artemi View Post
    Personally, I thought Spike was acting oddly because he wanted to evolve soon. Also, I love this LP, though I can't help but lurk.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ScionoftheVoid View Post
    Personally, I thought Spike was acting oddly because he wanted to evolve soon. Also, I love this LP, though I can't help but lurk.
    Spike is acting oddly because he's learned HORN ATTACK but he can't use STRING SHOT.

(GUNK SHOT would work better, but that move doesn't exist yet.)
    Last edited by John Cribati; 2010-08-20 at 03:29 PM.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Halfling in the Playground

Spike is acting oddly because he's learned HORN ATTACK but he can't use STRING SHOT.

(GUNK SHOT would work better, but that move doesn't exist yet.)
    Doesn't he need to learn HARDEN first?