New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Is Libris Mortis part of SRD?

Simple question. I'm working on a potential Big Bad for my campaign and I left my copy of Libris Mortis at home. Rather than halt the character creation process for a day, I was hoping someone might be able to link me to a (legal) online copy of it.
    If asked the question "how can I do this within this system?" answering with "use a different system" is never a helpful or appreciated answer.

ENBY

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Is Libris Mortis part of SRD?

If it isn't in D20 SRD, it isn't in the SRD.
    No, I believe it isn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calanon View Post
    Raven_Cry's comments often have the effects of a +5 Tome of Understanding

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Damn. >_<

Of all they days to not obsessively carry all my sourcebooks everywhere I go...
    If asked the question "how can I do this within this system?" answering with "use a different system" is never a helpful or appreciated answer.

ENBY

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

As far as I know, the majority of the material from the Player's Handbook, Dungeon Master's Guide, Monster Manual, Unearthed Arcana, and the Epic Level Handbook are SRD material. There's a bunch of psionic stuff, too, but I'm not sure which books that's from (we rarely use psionics in our games). Other than that, no other books are included.

Bear in mind that if you own the book and need a portable version, you can certainly reproduce information for personal use (say stat blocks, specific bits) for adventures/characters/etc.

Nobody is going to be able to link you a copy, though.
    Last edited by Irreverent Fool; 2010-05-31 at 04:41 AM.
    On DMPCs: "Remember, nothing will spice up your campaign quicker than long descriptions of NPC’s doing spectacular stuff while the players sit around and watch." -Shamus Young, DM of the Rings
    Divide By Zero: Irreverent Fool, you are my hero.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Banned

Libris Mortis is not OGC.

Interestingly, the same blurb ("This product contains no Open Game Content") at the beginning of all their other splat books is also at the beginning of the XPH, even though that one does contain Open Game Content. Is that an oversight, a loophole, or am I defining OGC incorrectly?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Irreverent Fool View Post
    Bear in mind that if you own the book and need a portable version, you can certainly reproduce information for personal use (say stat blocks, specific bits) for adventures/characters/etc.
    I think I might do that. I carry core in my book bag at all times in case I either a) get bored or b) there happens to be a session scheduled that afternoon, you never know. But for my other source books, there's simply not enough room in there.

Plus, they start to get heavy after a while, especially if you walk everywhere like I do.

ENBY

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Optimystik View Post
    Interestingly, the same blurb ("This product contains no Open Game Content") at the beginning of all their other splat books is also at the beginning of the XPH, even though that one does contain Open Game Content. Is that an oversight, a loophole, or am I defining OGC incorrectly?
    No, it was just a true statement at the time of printing. The content was released under the Open Gaming License, just later.