New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Good Feats for an Archivist

So, I'm about to start a campaign with a human archivist (1st level). Campaign will be largely urban, with lots of Undead. Archivist in question is also a Monk. Don't worry, he has no monk levels, he's part of a monastic order dedicated to fighting the plague that's going around turning people it kills into undead.

So yeah, I need two feats.
    Last edited by BRC; 2010-06-01 at 09:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Re: Good Feats for an Archivist

Knowledge Devotion.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

MonkGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Gnaeus View Post
    Knowledge Devotion.
    Can't get Knowledge Devotion at level 1 without Domain trade-in... but you should get it at level 3.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Even in an Undead heavy campaign, Draconic Archivist and Archivist of Nature really expand your Dark Knowledge abilities.

Otherwise, feats that help defend you against Undead: Enduring Life, Unquenchable Flame of Life etc.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Extend Spell is a nice option just to have for later use, even if you don't go the Persist route. I'd then probably use the other one for either one of the Dark Knowledge-expanding feats or Skill Focus: Knowledge (Religion) both for early game Dark Knowledge against undead and entry into Divine Oracle.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Peace View Post
    "See these cookies? Note how while good they taste sort of bland. Now try these, they're the same cookies but with chocolate chips added. Notice how with the second batch we expended slightly more ingredients but dramatically enhanced the flavor? That's metamagic."
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Seriously, can we kill this misconception now? A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He shops for precisely what he means to.

Winner of Junkyard Wars 31.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I was thinking Spontaneous Healer (Comp Divine) and Bane Magic (Undead) from Heroes of Horror. But I could easily make my guy LN and grab both Spontaneous Healer and Spontaneous Wounder.
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

Keep spontanious healer so you dont have to waste your spell slots. If your REALLY afraid of taint the pure soul is ok....
    Thanks to BRC for the Wizard Avi!
    And the science gets done and You make a neat gun for the people who are still alive!
    I Critique Homebrew Races, PM me with your suggestions!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    I was thinking Spontaneous Healer (Comp Divine) and Bane Magic (Undead) from Heroes of Horror. But I could easily make my guy LN and grab both Spontaneous Healer and Spontaneous Wounder.
    Bane Magic (Undead) is quite nice - the blaster Sorc in my EtCR game has gotten great mileage out of it.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    You can't do that. You can only take Spontaneous Healer if you're Good and Spontaneous Wounder if you're Evil.

You could go NE/NG and get Spontaneous Summoner and one other Spontaneous feat, though.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Raging Gene Ray View Post
    You can't do that. You can only take Spontaneous Healer if you're Good and Spontaneous Wounder if you're Evil.

You could go NE/NG and get Spontaneous Summoner and one other Spontaneous feat, though.
    Nope, it's Nonevil/Nongood.
    [/Center]