New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default What Caste Would A Monster Hunter Turned Infernal Exalted Be?

Well, Abyssal/Ghost Hunter at any rate...

Anyway, I plan to get Infernals soon, and due to my habitual scrounging of the forums, I have decided on one of my old nWoD characters given an Exalted makeover-Arlen Pagiel, the demon-possessed vampire hunter.

Now, Arlen's main character flaw-and the one that led to his epic fail that attracted the Yozi-is that he's obsessive and reckless. While he can be an incredibly Compassionate being at times-indeed, that Virtue's tied with Conviction-he often doesn't give thought to the collateral damage he unleashes in his quest to find and destroy every last bloodsucker on the face of the earth-which, when the vampire-analogues are 100 demigods of death, is pretty much the first thing you should consider.

Naturally, this attitude is what caused him to violate the Golden Rule of Demonology-"Never summon anything stronger then your head"-and ended up nuking a whole town. Technically he succeeded at the bit of heroism he was trying-killing the Abyssal that sent him on his mission in the first place-but the Solar shard that would have been his sensed his self-horror and got confused, going back to Lytek's cabinet (after all, if you don't think what you just did qualified as heroic, the Second Breath certainly doesn't). You can guess what happened next-new demon with Infernal shard shows up, offers him power to never lose control again, he accepts, and the Yozi get a new Anti-Oblivion unit (I play a lot of RTS).

The problem is: I'm not sure how how to represent this as a Caste. Which Yozi would be attracted to Mr. Smart But Hotheaded here?
    My Homestuck role is Thane of Space of the Land of Insanity and Frogs.

The Malkavians would be proud.

Thanks to Mokipi for the Exalted avatar!

For avatars of your own, he's on White Wolf.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: What Caste Would A Monster Hunter Turned Infernal Exalted Be?

Sounds like he'd make a fine scourge or defiler.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Mann View Post
    It's worse than the time some friends used a silver piece, a platinum piece, a delayed blast fireball and a scroll of passwall to make a nuclear explosion in a game...
    Quote Originally Posted by nagora View Post
    Chatter is usually a sign that it's time to break out the Lego pirates and start firing marbles at each other's ships instead of role playing. Some nights, we're just not in the mood!
    My fantasy/RPG blog A Voyage Into the Fantastic