Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Nexus Character Directory

Zila Delanna

Alias: N/A
    Race/Species: Human
    Alignment: NG
    Class/Profession: Wizard (Conjurer)
    Power Rating: 4/Mid-B rank
    Description: She's based off this pic:
    Spoiler
    Show

Personality: Overall? Helpful, curious, always willing to learn new things.
    Equipment: Zila carries around a few tools for her work, but most of them aren't worth noting- although it IS worth noting that she keeps most of her stuff in extradimensional storage.
    Abilities: ...Pathfinder-style Conjurer, really. She's got some unusual skills- escape artistry, and a lovely singing voice, but she's really a typical D&D style wizard (with Necromancy and Illusion as Opposed Schools, in case you're wondering).
    Backstory: *to be expanded* The important bit, right now, is that she's from a world of my own making called Rhivaron. Came to the Nexus in a spell accident, and is trying to find a way back.

Truth be told, though, she might keep living in the Nexus even if she does find a way back. The place is starting to grow on her.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2013-05-03 at 09:58 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #782
    Firbolg in the Playground

Furude Setsuna

Alias: None
    Race/Species: Faerie Human
    Alignment: CN
    Class/Profession: Sorcerer/Shadowcraft Mage
    Power Rating: Quinsar 5, Neon Knight B

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show

At first glance, Setsuna appears simply to be a cute little girl, no more than twelve years of age, with long blue hair and sparkling violet eyes. Her clothes consist of a modified blue and white gothic lolita dress, designed more for mobility than appearance, although it still has quite a few frills and adornments.

The most prominent of these is an old blue ribbon, maintained by magic, tied in a bow across her chest. The only other possessions easily visible are a dark violet umbrella, carried tightly in her left hand, and a deceptively small pouch at her waist. Beside her floats a glowing orb of light, slowly pulsing with golden waves.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "She wasn't discouraged nor did she cry at her fate.
    She was beautiful.

She didn't fawn anyone and fought them all by herself.
    She was noble.

She shined brightly, like a divine figure.
    I needed someone like her."

Setsuna wields her unnaturally short stature and the resulting cuteness to devastating effect in social situations, endearing herself where needed, smiling at all the right moments, appearing vulnerable when it would be beneficial to her. She builds up a reputation as an innocent, occasionally insightful girl who means no harm to anyone. This is her public persona.

"The frog in the well was happy.
    It wasn't interested what was outside the well.

The frog in the well was happy.
    It was recluse to anything that happened outside the well.

And you were happy.
    Because you didn't know what occurred outside the well."

Setsuna is a dark, powerful figure, never failing, never caught. She may not have any dedicated followers of her own, but she can create as many as she needs to, and they are utterly loyal. She will send her shadowy children to do any job, no questions asked, provided that she is paid well. This is her shadow persona.

Which is her true self? But that is not the question you should ask... Perhaps the better one would be, are any of them true? And if they aren't, who is? Who is Furude Setsuna?

"At the first time, I do my best to try again
    against the inevitable tragedy.

In the second time, I become disgusted
    towards the inevitable tragedy.

The third time, disgust is overwhelmed into painfulness.
    But by the seventh time, this all becomes a farce comedy."

Setsuna is a broken child, fighting her way through life, clinging to any hope of acknowledgement, even as each breaks away from her.

Her mother figure, the one who named her and gave her magic, is an unknown entity, perhaps even just a figment of her dreams.

Her father figure, who taught her to use her gifts, left seeking a lost treasure of the gods, and she never saw him again.

Her childhood friend, who gave her a brief taste of innocent happiness, journeyed away on a quest to avenge his village and family with her blessing and a blue ribbon, never to return to her.

And her senpai, the one who has given her so much love and care and hope, was exiled from their quest, leaving her alone.

And yet through this agony, she fights. For a better life. For a miracle. A This is her true persona.

Equipment:
    Abilities:

This sheet, as modified by plot/common sense/fun.

Backstory:
    Fragments of Memory:
    Spoiler
    Show

Birth:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The first thing I remember is a dream. Or at least, I think it was a dream. The time was midnight, and I was lying under a tree, staring at the stars. The ground around me was covered in small shining dewdrops, and strange, bird-like shapes flitted across the deep violet sky. A surreal sight, even more so considering it was my first ever perception of the world. And then a figure came up to me, a tall, incomprehensibly beautiful woman."

"She asked for my name. I told her I didn't have a name. She giggled, and said that everyone had a name. I told her again, I didn't have a name. Then she waved her hand, trailing sparks, across my face. She leaned in close, and said to me: 'Then if you truly have no name, I shall name you. From this moment forth, you are Furude Setsuna.' I blinked at her. A name for me? Furude... Setsuna... I rolled the words across my tongue, savoring the newfound feeling of identity. The woman, whom I am convinced was my mother, smiled at me, and then told me to wake up. I did."

Light:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I lived in a box in an alley, searching for scraps of food to survive, drinking rainwater gathered in a tin pail. There were a few generous souls who would toss me a few coins or give me a slice of bread or two. But these were few and far between. It was a brutal life, filled with hardship and the ever-present gnawing of hunger."

"But then came my first salvation. A fallen archon came to me, dropping from the sky into my hands. His name was Hakkera. He came to me badly injured, having escaped from... something. I know not what it was. I triggered my magic for the first time, and, in a burst of power, infused his being with the shadows that would become my eternal companions. He told me that I had a gift, a wonderful gift to be nurtured into a blazing fire within me. He told me that he would help me do so. He did."

Meetings:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I ventured forth from my alley, to explore the city and its wonders. I found, on the outskirts, a small orphanage, and I took to watching its inhabitants, wondering how they lived, with scheduled food and water and shelter. After a while, I noticed that one of them seemed to be secluded from the rest. No, not secluded. Shunned. I didn't know why."

"So one day, when I saw him all alone, I hopped the tall stone wall and introduced myself. His name was Rix, and he was a gypsy. And for some reason, that made him less likable than the others. I disagree. He was a very nice boy, and I grew to know him very well. I visited him nearly daily, and for a time, I felt like I had a purpose in life."

"But... all good things must come to an end, and so did this. He told me about how his people were killed, and his desire for vengeance. I supported this, and wanted to help. But he refused adamantly. In the end, I gave him half of my blue ribbon to remember me by, making him promise to return to me. He never did."

Exile:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "When senpai left me, I really didn't know what to do for a long time. I wandered around, working, trying to keep my mind off of her. It... it was difficult. I did everything I could to find her, using divinations, my various contacts, even petitioning some of the lesser demigods to help. But none of it worked... None of it! For the first time since I had met her, I began to drift back into my shadow persona, my dark side. Even now it threatens to over take me... I don't know how much longer I can keep this up... I have to find her... I... need... to..."

Miscellaneous: To be added when needed
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2013-05-04 at 09:45 PM.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

3. - Top - End - #783
    Barbarian in the Playground

Serenla Meridian
    pronounced ser-EN-la

Alignment: LN
    Class/Profession: Time traveler/avenger
    Power Rating: ???
    Description: Long black hair, usually worn in a ponytail. Eyes that seem to change color according to her mood. Typically a blue-grey color. Clothing changes to fit whatever setting she is in (whatever everyone else is wearing). Short, medium-sized, light on her feet.
    Personality: Business. Serious business. Or funny business. Depends.
    Equipment: A thick, worn book worn in a satchel at her side. A bracelet she is unable to remove that controls her time-hopping.
    Abilities: ????
    Backstory: Serenla is on a mission. Well, several missions. At the same time. She carries the Book of Grudges with her, containing writings from various people that record wrongs done to them. These writings range from "Mikael slaughtered my parents in 1612" to "Bobby Jones tuk my milk munny yezturday". Serenla sets out to right them. The downside is that she cannot control where or when her time-hopper lands her, so she has to spend some time figuring out what is going on before she can get any work done. Occasionally, she has to pop to the present to get more information from someone who made an entry in the Book. And VERY occasionally, she sets it down somewhere unattended for a time, leaving it available for new entries. Expect her to pop in and out at random times. (Or shoot a PM if your character would like to be involved/to play at a certain time/want a certain outcome).
    Last edited by Diva De; 2013-05-07 at 12:02 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Little Fears banner by Crimmy
    Queen of Hearts avatar by Alarra

4. - Top - End - #784
    Bugbear in the Playground

MITCH LOVEJOY

Alias: Is generally referred to by his surname by everyone except for his mother and girlfriend.

Alignment: True Neutral

Class/Profession: Fighter

Power Rating: Level D

Description: Scrawny and gangly, Lovejoy stands at an intimidating 6' 7". His cavalier attitude towards personal hygiene is immediately apparent, most notably in his greasy and unkempt mane of long hair that often covers his face. Lovejoy's skin is a sickly pale shade, perhaps due to his aversion of direct sunlight or his less than nourishing diet. People who are able to peer through the hair will note a scarred and blemished face, the scars from a particularly unkind adolescence and Lovejoy's refusal to heed the advice "Don't pick at it".

Spoiler
    Show

OotS impression by Komodo

Personality: To be filled once I have a clearer grasp on my character

Equipment: Due to his near sight he wears glasses, in this case a pair of Ray Ban frames under his thick fringe of hair. Lovejoy hasn't worn anything but a t-shirt on his torso since he was 10 years old and since then he has alternated between the designs of various different 80s hardcore punk. He most often wears the design of MDC (Millions of Dead Cops), his favourite musical group. His shoes are a coveted possession of his, a pair of yellow 1986 Converse Weapons which he is openly proud of displaying, so much so he'll often tuck his jeans (his leg attire of choice) into them to display them better.

His only weapon is a traditional Japanese katana, showing numerous signs of age such as the faded black on the hilt and scabbard and the scars and blemishes left on the blade. He inherited it in this condition from his girlfriend, Kimiko, a ninja who used it often. When the katana's powers are activated it glows a dull white for the duration the magic is manifest in the physical realm.

Abilities: Due to the tutelage of his girlfriend Lovejoy became a passably competent swordsman. He is more than able to hold his own in close range combat with the inexperienced but is still woefully unprepared for professional combat. His fighting style is a combination of Kimiko's Muso Jikiden Eishin-ryu fundamentals as well as his own improvisations and personalizations. He has very little respect for the style and has no qualms with remaking it as he feels.

The katana he wields comes with its own powers and magic, only a handful of which he has unlocked. These include;
    • Light
      A minor light spell with unlimited charges. As effective as your standard light spell.
    • Energy Disc
      A spell which unleashes a razor sharp beam of energy that cuts through anything in its path (provided they're not magically shielded or the beam is not deflected). The beam travels approximately 40 feet before dissipating, though Lovejoy can will it to dissipate earlier, if need be.

The spell is activated by swinging the sword horizontally and, as a result, only possesses one charge at any given time. However, the charge can be replenished by returning the sword to its sheath. As a result of this, and Lovejoy's preference for this attack, his fighting stance is usually with weapon drawn. He has become quite skilled at drawing and sheathing rapidly, allowing him to frequently use the energy disc during a battle.

To be added to as the character learns new abilities

Lovejoy himself cannot cast any spells, even basic low level ones, and all of his magical ability comes from his sword. Because of this he is practically helpless if disarmed.

Backstory: Lovejoy was content in his unchallenging, complacent, middle-class suburban life. From his residence in his mother's basement he took great pride in his 1983 Cadillac El Dorado, his collection of VHS obscurities and, most of all, his super hot girlfriend Kimiko who, despite her ties to the local vigilante ninja group, gave him a disproportionate amount of affection and attention, which he eventually took for granted.

After meeting Kimiko right out of senior year of high school Lovejoy's life ground to an absolute halt. After a few years of unemployment spent in his mother's basement watching TV and eating hotpockets (occasionally working out or training sword combat with Kimiko) he was eventually employed at the local video rental, working the counter.

It was there, working the graveyard shift, that he was attacked by an assassin wielding dark magic powers an encounter that would have surely killed him had it not been for the timely intervention of his girlfriend who killed the dark mage then and there. While Kimiko worked to erase the store's security tapes Lovejoy was tasked with disposing the body. Task completed he returned to the VHS store at dawn to find Kimiko gone, leaving her katana behind.

In the months that followed her disappearance Lovejoy set to investigating the nature of the dark mage and the whereabouts of his girlfriend, despite the protest of the local Wicca groups who warned him he was dabbling in greater things. Ignoring their advice he eventually tracked down a demon worshipping coven at an abandoned warehouse and, with the help of the katan's powers (newly discovered in Kimiko's absence), assassinated their leader, inadvertently completing their ritual.

With the sacrifice completed the room, and eventually the warehouse, was swallowed up by a great fissure which emitted a blinding light. Though he escaped the warehouse the fissure spread throughout the neighbourhood and, despite his attempts to flee it in his car, he carelessly drove into one of its tendrils.

First year inside the Nexus to be added later...

Miscellaneous: 15/05/2013: I'll clear up any mistakes tomorrow

Kimiko's profile to be added later
    Last edited by DJ Yung Crunk; 2013-09-06 at 08:27 AM.

5. - Top - End - #785
    Ogre in the Playground

Triumphant Rose Guardian

Alias: Goes by 'Rose' most of the time. Previously known outside the Nexus as Withered Petal and before that as Iliya.
    Race: Human (Solar Exalted)
    Alignment: …not applicable (LG is closest but misleading).
    Class/Profession: Dawn Caste Solar Exalted
    Power Rating: …bleah. I'll figure this out later.
    Description:
    Rose is relatively short, at about 5'5", and has medium-length golden hair, eyes that are as bright blue as the northern sky and fair skin. She has a body that appears fit without being overmuscled, and is fairly attractive, although she appears her age of Exaltation, just barely an adult. She generally wears darker clothes, including a long duster.
    Image:

(Although the metal bits on the spear are a gold color)
    Personality: To be filled out later.
    Equipment: The only items of real note that Rose carries is Howling Glory, an Orichalcum Dire Lance which she carries in Elsewhere most of the time, so it doesn't get in the way and she can use it on a moment's notice. She also wears an Orichalcum chain-shirt between her inner and outer wear.
    Abilities: Essence 5 Solar Exalted.
    More seriously, Rose is, firstly, a master at spear-fighting and especially fighting with Howling Glory, to a degree that very few can match. Her skills with other weapons is lesser, but Rose is dangerous while wielding anything, not just her weapon of choice.

And, of course, she can use Exalted Charms- focusing in combat, enhancing her attack and defense. An exhaustive list would be too long to type out, but needless to say, Rose is incredibly dangerous in combat, focusing on Melee and Thrown Charms. In non-combat areas she has a few Social Charms that allow her to inspire others, is difficult to mentally dominate, and has some Charms increasing her awareness.

Backstory: To be added when I'm not on my iPhone (incidentally, I'll add a tektek to her description then as well, and add something to personality)
    Last edited by horngeek; 2013-05-21 at 02:37 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #786
    Ogre in the Playground

Marty(n) Aceford/Rage

Alias: Marty only answers to Martyn now, but he has two aliases that are currently loos in The Nexus, Dr. Dantallion, and Alabater Mogrym.
    Race: Half-Elf turned Demon.
    Alignment: ...A tricky one, chaotic good turned Chaotic Evil, with demonic tendencies. Also has bouts of mercy and appreciation of life due to insanity.
    Class: Demon...thing.
    Power Rating: A+
    Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, to anyone else it's a figure in a shabby brown cloak. To all that could sense magic though, this figure drops in potent magic. He's not even human anymore, more demon than man. () he radiates black and twisted magic, and an ancient and foul presence can be detected as he walks. Once his shabby cloak drops off his shoulders, a man ia revealed. He's blonde, fairly handsome except for his left face... Which must be deformed or something seeing as he's wearing a metal mask with a red lense on it. His right eye is blue, but they radiate cold anger, and hatred... Martyn shares his body with the ancient demon of hate, Rage. And his constant scowl as his eyes hungrily gaze over the world betrays his nature, seeing as every good and pure thing in the world makes Martyn seem to wince and scowl a little more.

He wears shining white armor that seems to be part flesh, part metal. It clings tightly to his thin body, his armor covering dark red silk clothing. His left hand up to just below the elbow is encased in a pure white gauntlet, a power glove. His left hand clicks and whirs mechanically. For though underneath the gauntlet is a fleshy arm, the gauntlet is moving and controlling flesh there now. The glove also has five buttons. Each a different color. He wears a dark red cape that's ripped at the bottom from sheer flight speed ripping the cloth. His boots are a dark grey with crimson as well. His right hand is normal, and a gold wedding ring shines on it. Around his neck is a necklace with a silver chain, and a glass heart. The heart has a crack running through the front of it.

Personality: Another difficult one. Very much hateful and spiteful of the world. He lost everything to evil and cruel people, and was an innocent man once. He was once religious, happy, and a married man to be a father. After this was all taken away, the sheer grief made him go completely insane. Afterwards, his mind was turned to hate all of society by Sir Hex. Martyn is completely insane, and bears a fierce hatred of all life, and is deep inside very jealous of good, happy people.
    Equipment & Spells: He has a lot of these.

Spells: (Numbfrost, Anti-Shield, and Enhanced Speed were given by Calublufiok, the rest by Rage, and the Haemomantic Spell by The Woman on Trebuchet Avenue)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Numbfrost, Summon Blizzard, Mass Freeze, Implosion, Summon Monster (Frost Elemental 4-6), Greater Telekenesis, Telepathy, Lightning Bolt, Frostball, Elemental Shield, Fire Storm, Disease, Blood Heal, Blood Boil, Kinetic Shield, Anti-Shield, Life Drain, Dominate Other, and Earthquake.

Gear:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Power Glove: A white, shining, glowing metal gauntlet. It has several buttons on it. Five to be exact, which each trigger different abilities.

Blue button: Shoots electricity much like Emperor Palpatine's force abilities. Each finger shoots a burst of electricity, and can target (Obviously) five people at once.

White Button: This mode of the Power Glove allows the wearer to heal himself. This healing is regenerative, and repairs the body down to the bones. It sends pulses of healing energy, so it takes a while to heal a large amount of damage.

Black Button: This button allows the wearer to suck the life force out of others. It draws the life energy out of others, and also converts it into healing energy triggered by the white button.

Purple Button: This button allows the wearer to use powerful telekinesis. He can lift heavy objects, move things, drop things, etcetera.

Red Button: This button allows the wearer to launch a fireball at another. It can only fire once per day, and also has a mode where a fire blade appears in the glove to be wielded by the wearer.

The Power Glove grants that hand extra strength as well. It has bonded with Marty, and cannot be removed save by severing Marty's arm.

Mark Two Power Armor: White Shining armor complete with pauldron's, heavy boots, a chest plate, a helmet, arm guards, and leg plate. Entirely inert, more traditional proportions, but still with seventy percent of the power of the Abomination.

The man-sized suit is surfaced in the glossy white material, with the greyish muscle-flesh running underneath. There are bone ridges along exposed areas, providing extra protection. The face is blank white.

"It will roughly double your strength, and the white metal is entirely immune to fire, energy and will hold up under any blow short of about a million pounds of force." Martyn is linked to the armour. He will be seeing various diagnostic displays (armour integrity, estimated threat levels, power in the batteries, viable routes of movement [including where he can jump to with his armour-enhanced strength]) and can control it with his mind.

There is already a helmet on the armour - it is blank white, no face, but the neural link negates that necessity (also conveniently removing the opportunity for the much-used eyehole strike).

Dark Ree Cloak: A dark crimson cloak lined with red velvet that conceals metal wires and circuits. It can project a forcefield capable of blocking both physical and magical attacks, and can also teleport the wearer short distances. In addition, it has antigrav coils, allowing a fall from any distance at leisurely speed with no damage.

Other Things: He won't be able to do a telekinesis booster, as that's firmly based in magic, but he has got a DGFP (a Directional Gravitic Field Projector) that he will incorporate into the Power Glove. It's essentially telekinesis via science, but much stronger.

As for guns, Harald will procure a huge cannon replete with a harness that fits nicely over the armour. Martyn's non-Power-Glove arm goes inside it, where he can feel a trigger on his index finger, a slider under his thumb, which controls the power, and three buttons on his middle, ring and little fingers (for laser, sonic and grenade-launcher modes respectively).

The invisibility belt is another no-go, being magic, but while Martyn is asleep, Harald will alter the armour to include a special lightbending field that twists light rays around him so that it looks like he isn't there (although it does cause a distortion rather like a heat haze).

Shockwave boots are magic again, but the DGFP can do earthquakes via slamming the ground, so Harald adds another one into the boots, tuned to send a shockwave downwards when Martyn stamps his foot.

Harald has also got a laser-beam ring, a truth-serum ring and a poisoned ring, which he gives to Martyn, and the Numbfrost Grenades are loaded into the cannon mentioned above.

Finally, for shielding, Harald installs a third DGFP in the armour's torso section, projecting a repulsive field that will block any projectiles (arrows, bullets, missiles, shrapnel etc.). It is also worth noting that the lightbending field will send laserbeams around Harald, as lasers are made of light.

Abilities: Here's a spoiler of 'em!
    Spoiler
    Show
    As I mentioned earlier, Marty can enhance his physical attributes. In more detail, and to give you an idea of how much: when Marty is putting all his effort into bolstering his physical attributes, he could take a full-strength punch from Superman. Similarly, he could lift cars and uproot trees.

Teleportation.
    Effortless flight (he can just lift himself off the ground by willing it).
    Super-Roar (loud enough and strong enough to shatter eardrums, fracture bones, damage the ground and send people flying).
    All Marty's magic is now supercharged.
    The angrier Marty gets, the stronger he gets.

Last edited by The Mad Hatter; 2013-05-23 at 12:04 PM.
    don't click this

7. - Top - End - #787

Randii Mendez

Alias: None
    Species: Human
    Alignment: Mostly Chaotic Neutral, sometimes Chaotic Evil.
    Class: Summoner? Sounds the closest. We'll go with that.
    Power Rating B+ to A- area.

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The genre that could be used to describe Randii's appearance the easiest would be punk.

She's on the small side, standing at 5'3", weighing in at 100 lbs. Her hair is cropped close on the sides and back, a little bit longer on top, and her bangs are left long enough to hang even with her eyes. Said eyes are a deep blue, standing out from the pale skin around them.

Her hair color is changed almost weekly, and more often than not, it's a shade not normal to human hair.

Her clothing is usually a combination of tight, sleeveless shirts and loose pants, both of varying colors and states of wholeness. She'll usually have a wide leather belt holding up her pants. She also wears black combat boots and black half-gloves.

She has quite a few visible piercings. Five on each ear, two on her right eyebrow, one on the right side of her nostril, one on her tongue, one of the left side of her lower lip, and one on her belly button. Mind you, these are just the visible ones.

Besides her hands, feet, neck, and head, her skin is almost completely covered in tattoos of varying styles, designs, and colors. The biggest one is of a phoenix in flight on her back.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Randii could be described as self-centered, destructive, and malicious. She enjoys putting others down, and deems herself above all that silly Samaritan nonsense.

That being said, to those few she could consider to be friends, she is loyal. And while she may not put their needs/wants above her own, she will put them above everybody else's.

Equipment:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She usually carries a pair of combat knives hanging from pouches on her belt. She also usually carries matches, a lighter, a pack of smokes, brass knuckles, a can of pepper spray, and a taser, all in various pockets on her pants.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Randii is able to summon her tattoos into physical beings. Whatever the tattoo is, she can bring it out into the world to do her bidding. The tattoo that is summoned is still connected to her at the point of where it was on her skin. She can return it any time she wishes.

Whatever is summoned will take on the properties of the true form of itself. So, it she summons a steel sword, it will be just like an average steel sword. If she summons a tiger, it will be just like a regular tiger. Which means it can be stabbed, and it will bleed.

If somebody were to sever the connection (which cannot be done with a simple physical object), the tattoo is lost forever, turning into nothing and leaving a blank spot on her body. If somebody merely destroys the object without cutting the connection, it returns to where it was, though it will be some time before she can use it again.

The bigger the tattoo being summoned, the more energy it takes. The longer the tattoo is in use, the more energy it takes. As such, Randii will only use smaller ones if she wishes to have more than one out at a time, and will only use the big ones, like the phoenix, for short periods of time.

Backstory: Coming soon to a post near you!

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

8. - Top - End - #788
    Troll in the Playground

Raymond "Red" Russell

Alias: Red
    Race: Human?
    Alignment: Chaotic Good/Chaotic Neutral
    Affiliation: None
    Class (or approximation): Giant Robot Pilot
    Profession: Giant Robot Pilot
    Power Level: C- by himself. B+ with his Giant Robot
    Description:
    Personality: I Dig Giant Robots
    Abilities: You Dig Giant Robots
    Backstory: We Dig Giant Robots

Nice!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

9. - Top - End - #789
    Dwarf in the Playground

Grandmaster Shui'yan (pronounced "Shwee-yan")

Race: Seems human...

Class (Approx): Monk
    Profession: Martial-arts sensei
    Power Level: A+. This guy is the ultimate Old Master/Badass Grandad
    Abilities: All those ninja-monk movies? He can do that stuff.

Description: Wrinkled old guy in a brown robe. Looks oriental. When he takes his robe off, he's wearing brown cloth trousers and nothing else. However, he's not all disgusting - he's actually really muscular and, although leathery, his skin isn't anywhere near as wrinkled and saggy as you'd expect.
    Personality: Cryptic old guy sensei. Likes "Confucius say" type sayings. Easygoing and serene. Doesn't tolerate discrimination, arrogance, pride etc.
    Last edited by GrandDM; 2013-09-26 at 10:07 AM.
    Doctor Harald avatar by MethosH

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #790
    Ogre in the Playground

Ritz Mckane AKA Marciano Louv're

"The sound of rollin' dice to me is music in the air, although I don't play fair..."

Alias: Ritz Mckane, The Slumlord of Skyside, Big Boss, Sci-Fry, Marcy.
    Race: Machine.
    Alignment: Believe it or not, Neutral Evil.
    Class: Mob Boss, Rogue, and Pimp.
    Power Rating: Hm... This is a hard one. He himself is only a C+

Description: It appears to be a human male, dressed in a ridiculous bright orange zoot suit. Obviously he's completely left behind business suits and boring red ties. He wears a vest under the orange coat, which is stitched in a very pretty pattern. He also wears an orange tie tucked into the vest, which has the same pattern stitched to it. His orange coat is long and reaches his thighs, and has a big red rose on the chest. He also wears a big wide-brimmed fedora and red satin gloves.

Personality: He's Marciano. Nothing more needs to be said.
    don't click this

11. - Top - End - #791

Arkant Del Gadis

Alias: Doctor, Monster or Master, but most call him Arkant.
    Race/Species: Unknown. (Currently Human with Chnages)
    Age: Physicaly around 30, His min is so old he lost count.
    Alignment: Neutral to evil
    Class/Profession: Wizard, Scinetist and Business Man.
    Power Rating: A
    Description: ((Needs Rework the old is still there in white))Arkant is a tall men. Most of the times he wears a armles grey robe, covering his torso and feet. His shoulder seem to grow something like scales, whcih appear very sharp and head down half his arms. Tatoos , showing off arcane symbols cover his lower arms and hsi hands appeak normal. Some of the scales appear also on his face, mainly on his cheek and to replace his eyebrows. His hair is cut short and grey. With the scales in his face he appears a bit angry all the time and makes it harder to get his current feeling.
    Personality: --NEEDS Rework_
    Equipment: Nothing to mention
    Abilities: As a wizard he specialised himself in charm spells, but also includes his magic for his surgeries.
    Backstory: --Comes soon-- is Connected to Fade and Zefir
    Miscellaneous: He got a few 'slaves' someone might say, but In fact they are people under some mind controll effects.
    Last edited by Zefir; 2019-06-03 at 08:09 AM.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

12. - Top - End - #792
    Shadecrawler
    Guest in the Playground

Ghost

Alias:Hunter
    Race/Species:evil spirit
    Alignment:chaotic
    Class/Profession:sorcerer/underworld guardian
    Power Rating: B-
    Description:strong man wearing white mask and ripped cloak
    Personality:sly/unpredictable
    Equipment: pea sized black balls
    Abilities:controls darkness/killed if mask is taken off/can open a gateway to hell
    Backstory: Killed by bandits and brought back to life to protect
    Last edited by Shadecrawler; 2013-06-14 at 11:10 AM.

13. - Top - End - #793
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ga'roth

Species: Magmal
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Class: Juggernaut
    Power Rating: B
    Description:

Spoiler
    Show

Ga'roth is around five meters tall and three wide.

Personality: Although he appears brutal and terrifying, Ga'roth is actually a nice guy. He has a great sense of humour and is loud, bombastic and always up for a laugh. The only time he gets really nasty is when someone threatens his friends.

Abilities: Supertough and superstrong, but slow. Can spew fire.

Backstory: Ga'roth is a Magmal, a creature of volcanoes from a world consumed by fire and molten earth. He came to the Nexus when he was blasted into outer space during an eruption in his home volcano. He fell through the portal and ended up here.
    Last edited by GrandDM; 2013-06-15 at 03:10 AM.
    Doctor Harald avatar by MethosH

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #794
    Halfling in the Playground

Professor Affidavit

Alias: Technically Professor Affidavit is his alias. Affy has discarded his real name, claiming it belongs to his "better half".
    Race/Species: "I once was human, but I have no body of my own now. I am just a mind, a bundle of thoughts held together, spread across my many creations."
    Alignment: Evil, for sure. Though Affidavit himself laughs at the concept of alignments.
    Class/Profession: Mad Scientist/Lord of Creations
    Power Rating: Pass.
    Description: "I have no form. I have no body. I exist only in the minds of my creations, spread across them all. As their numbers grow, I am spread ever more thinly. If this continues, I shall cease to exist. My creations and I will become one. But perhaps when the time comes I shall choose instead to take a physical form once more. I don't fear merging with my creations, I just don't know if I want to."
    Personality: Arrogant, selfish and generally unpleasant. Affidavit dismisses everything around him as inferior and rarely shows any respect for others. Though a man of science driven by his desire to improve his creations, he refuses help whenever it is offered. Aside from his creations and his experiments, there is little that interests him. Affidavit does have quite a sadistic streak, however. He's prone to running experiments that serve little purpose than to make others suffer for his own amusement. At times he's even pointlessly sacrificed his own creations for no other reason than to take pleasure in their deaths.
    Equipment: Professor Affidavit controls a race of metal beings originally created by his own hands. Referred to simply as his "creations", they carry out his every command. The creations will be explored in detail in a separate post, but there are several other inventions worth mentioning.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Liquid Agony: "Did you know that creatures can die from pain alone? Once they reach a certain threshold, their mind can't take the strain and simply gives up. And all it takes is one little vial of this liquid. I'm going to start pouring the contents over you. Slowly. One drop at a time. I wonder how long it will take to make you scream." A fearsome, clear liquid designed by Professor Affidavit to be the perfect torture device. Every drop of it causes intense agony. In large enough doses the liquid can even be lethal. It is also quite useful as a means of incapacitating victims. Such sudden overwhelming pain can be quite effective at rendering foes helpless.
    Ranged weaponry: While capable of using laser weaponry and other assorted toys, Affidavit has a fondness for projectile weaponry. He favours devices that fire projectiles at incredible speeds, easily breaking the sound barrier. The theory is that there is no need for such a high fire rate with so much force behind each shot. Affidavit has his own special designs for these devices, allowing for them to be quite compact despite their power.
    Melee Weaponry: Affidavit has developed melee weapons that are built around a core, a sort of rechargeable internal battery. They usually have a number of settings that allow them to be superheated, or charged with electricity to shock a foe on contact, etc.
    Mind-hacking devices: In the past, Affidavit's inability to protect his mind was a weakness that was exploited on several occasions. Extensive research resulted in means to protect his mind...and to invade the minds of others. It requires direct contact with the subject's brain to use these devices, but they are very effective.

Abilities: Affidavit has but a single special ability: his incredible mind. At times it has been incredibly unstable, and he has more than once tread the thin line between genius and insanity. But ultimately it is his mind that his enabled him to make his creations come to life.
    Backstory:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Professor has lived a long and complicated life...

In his early life on his homeworld, Affidavit was quickly recognised as a prodigy and came to be respected for his powerful intellect. He made great scientific advances for his people and helped usher in an age of peace and prosperity.

But such things never last. People are rarely satisfied, always greedy for more. Over time Affidavit came to resent the people he worked for. Every time he revealed a new invention there was less praise and more demands for further improvements. Why should he continue to aid them when they gave him so little in return? They needed him! He was a genius, a legend, they should be worshipping him!

And so he turned to his greatest piece of work, the one invention he would always be remembered for...his creation. A living creature constructed entirely of metal. It was superior, superior to those fools in every way. He would make more of them. He would show them just what he was capable of and they would see the products of his mind in all their terrifying glory. None would be spared from his wrath.

Perhaps when Affidavit's mind first connected to that first creation of his, something went wrong. Perhaps it did irreparable damage to him, and sent him hurtling down the path of madness and rage that led to what followed. Without warning, his creations went out into the world in a killing spree that would consume the entire planet and cleanse it of all its inhabitants. There were none who could stand against him, everyone had come to depend on the technology he had spread across the world, and their dependence was their downfall. He held the world in an iron grip, crushed it beneath him, and built his own paradise on the ashes that remained. An entire planet dedicated to the construction of his great creations...

And then Affidavit came to the Nexus, in the Town as it was then known. He joined an organisation known as KNAVES, assisting them in enforcing their twisted version of law upon the Town's unfortunate inhabitants. It was during this period that Affidavit created many of his other inventions, such as liquid agony. Though he never truly believed in KNAVES' cause and was merely using them as a suitable base from which to continue his work, he did in time develop a strong loyalty, in particular to the leader of KNAVES.

But nothing lasts forever. KNAVES crumbled and split apart. Nearly all of its members left the Nexus for one reason or another, and Affidavit, already weakened by an event that split him in two, teetered on the very brink of insanity. He tried to replace KNAVES but found nowhere else to be a suitable replacement.

Eventually his attempts to replace KNAVES led Affidavit to form an alliance with Magtok, something that would have drastic consequences. Affidavit and Magtok never saw eye to eye and eventually their disagreements resulted in Affidavit being kicked out. And then Magtok sent an assassin after him.

The assassin, known as Hannah, slit Affidavit's throat. But the Professor had planned even for his death, preserving his mind by transferring it into the creations' mental network, allowing him to effectively remain alive as long as he has creations to inhabit. But not everything went exactly according to plan. In time, Affidavit drifted back to the abandoned KNAVES castle, lost in madness and haunted by phantoms of the glory days of KNAVES.

The mad Professor dreamed of making KNAVES great again. A foolish dream, brought on by his unstable, delusional state. It took a long time for him to truly recover from his madness. He was forcibly removed from the castle by a dragon that possessed great magical power. She threatened to destroy everything he had worked for and for the first time since the glory days of KNAVES he felt inferior to someone...

But through that dragon Affidavit saw a glimpse of greatness. An experiment produced fantastic results; creations that far surpassed his existing technology. This was enough to make Affidavit finally abandon KNAVES for good and embrace a goal that had been put to one side for a long time.

Affidavit has once more become obsessed with his creations. He is more stable and wiser than he was in the past. No longer does he think of KNAVES or seek power over the Nexus or anything so foolish. He is driven by a desire to repeat the success of that one past experiment and bring all of his creations that one step closer to perfection.

Miscellaneous: "If I am to find the means to further improve my creations, it will be here in the Nexus. I cannot afford to indulge in any pointless endeavours for my own amusement any more. I must wipe the slate clean and appear to be a decent, respectable individual so I can operate freely without fear of retribution."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

15. - Top - End - #795
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

MPG's character collection
    Kordson: the mighty midgit.

Sotek: fairly generic cursed sorcerer
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Sotek
    Race: Half-elf
    Class: Sorcerer
    Alignment: Neutral / Chaotic Selfish
    Appearance: The curse gives Sotek an unusual appearance. Sotek's skin is an odd tarnished brass or dirty-gold colour. His eyes seem to match, the corneas(white part of eyes) are a dark yellowish and the irises are gold. Odder still, Sotek's pupils are shaped like hour-glasses. His thin, often unkempt, grey-white hair and gaunt facial features make him appear a bit older but the curse has not completely warped his body yet. He stands around 5'10" and remains fairly fit.
    Personality: Kind of aloof and disconnected. Finds most activities as tedious or strenuous. Socially awkward. Short temper.
    Abilities: magic, specifically; the basic cantrips and low level spells (light, ray of frost, mage-hand, prestidigitation, shield, magic missile, etc) as well some fire and shadow based spells (not all are D&D standards). Very Limited shape-shifting. Extensive use of magic physically weakens him and can cause him harm.
    Equipment: Several outfits both fantasy and modern. Bag of holding. Several magic items (wands, rings, potions) to expand his spell reserves. Couple of daggers. Can summon his "father's" spear, a magical weapon with several unique, non-combat, abilities.
    History: Found, adopted, childhood, magic discovered, school, teen, Cursed, studied, left, Nexus, more school/study?
    Full history:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sotek's village was attacked and destroyed by a band of Yuan-ti (snake people), all those who were not killed out-right in the attack were thrown into a snakepit as a sacrifice to their cold-blooded gods. A group of adventurers passed through the wrekage after having delt with monsters. The party's wizard, an old human sage named Meggitt, was investigating the sacrificial pit when he noticed something moveing other than the serpents, a baby clinging to the body of an elf woman. Meggitt retrived the infant, who appeared unharmed. The young boy was taken in by the old mage, who named him Sotek after an abstract word for snake. Sotek's early childhood was happy but fairly uneventfull, with Meggitt raising him as any father would. Sotek was never told about his origin and was happy enough not knowing the details. After getting enrolled in the local academy, Sotek's natural affinity for magic became apparent. He was a good student with above-average academics and slightly below average physical studies.
    When Sotek was 16 he was home from school when one of his father's colleges was visiting. Although the exact events are a bit hazy (too lazy to make it all up at the moment) Sotek interupted an experiment by the two old mages and caused the loss of a one-of-a-kind artifact and was cursed. The curse is not removable by any known means. Afterwards, Sotek threw himself deeper into his studies, becoming distant and secluded. Soon his father came and told him that he felt that he was ready for Sotek to leave home and experience the world. And well then Nexus...

Isidore Theodynous: A fiendish illusionist with more than just a split personallity.
    Spoiler
    Show

Isidore Theodynous
    Has two forms
    Saint Isidore Theodynous Rex

Nicknames: Izzy, Theo, -Rex-. Sir.
    Race: Fiendish
    Class/Profession: Demon of Light
    Power Rating: B+
    Description: Most often appears as a tall broad-sholdered human but may take several physical forms. Is typically around 6'6" His true form is a secret known a few individuals, fewer still are alive after learning the secret.
    Personality: Has a gentleman's demeanor. Flamboyant, fairly verbose, and scoffs at violence. All this to cover his true nature as a murderous, deceitful fiend looking to watch the world burn, one soul at a time if necessary.
    Equipment: Nothing special at the moment. Often summons a broad-bladed falcion (sword).
    Abilities: A master of illusions. Can alter his appearance, become invisible, create images, phantasms, etc. Confident swordsman. Body can shift individual parts to be solid/ insubstantial at will (just another illusion.)
    Backstory: Too be developed later
    Miscellaneous:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Only fights when he has a distinct advantage. A master of illusion but his tactics often become much less subtle when flustered. Can be overconfident.
    *I like the idea of pre-planning fights through PMs to some extent as I could see some of Izzy's abilities as problematic or appearing to be godmoding.
    May become the servant of a greater "evil" to further his own ends and obtain more power.

Want to eventually have him develop a rivalry with another character (or a more general animosity) and end up in a fight to the death (his death of course), after which he is reincarnated as
    Name: Isidore Theodynous
    Nicknames: Izzy, Dyne
    Race: Fiendish
    Class/Profession: Nerd
    Power Rating: C
    Description: Appears as a tall, thin adolescent human or tiefling. Is capable of altering his appearance but prefers to stay consistent. Is around 6'6". His true form still remains a mystery to most people.
    Personality: Personality is almost a complete 180 from Rex. Is genuinely a nice person despite his fiendish heritage. Meek and reserved but fairly direct and non-secretive.
    Equipment: Nothing of note
    Abilities: Illusions. Can alter his appearance, become invisible, and create images (Is moderately more skilled than Elan). Despite a lack of confidence, is a skilled swordsman.
    Backstory: Too be developed later, depending on what trouble Rex gets into.
    Miscellaneous:
    This form of the character will try to avoid fights and will be the hopefully long-term version of the character. Depending on interactions could potentially gain some of the characteristics of the evil form.

Vertbog Wortmek: Big happy Ork hippy with a courious streak.

More to come
    Last edited by MPG; 2013-08-28 at 09:28 AM.
    FFRP Characters
    Nexus RailITP

16. - Top - End - #796
    Halfling in the Playground

Versullan McGreggor
    (Vehr-SOO-Lan)
    Race: Half-elf
    Class/Profession: Bard
    Description: he stands about 5'10". His black hair goes down almost to his shoulders. He also sports a neatly trimmed goatee. Because of his elf blood, he is slightly slimmer than a human, with tapered ears, although not as long as that of an elf. He has a sort of air of confidence about him. He carries a lyre, which he has mastered.
    Personality: He always seems to be on good terms with everybody. He is a mild-mannered one, always preferring to "talk it out" instead of violence. He is a very likeable person. He tends to not want to talk about his lineage, preferring to turn the conversation to more recent events.
    Possessions: He has his trusty lyre always in hand, but other than that, some colorful clothes, and his coinpurse, he has nothing.
    Abilities: He is very good with his lyre and with singing, and can even alter the listeners mood based on the sounds.
    Backstory: in the elven town of Ivyleaf, he was the only of his kind. The elves would make fun of his ears constantly, so he grew up with only his parents as friends. He discovered that he has a certain prowess with singing and the lyre. He tried to perform in town but nobody would take him seriously, so he left town, bidding his parents farewell and headed to make himself a living through his skills.
    Last edited by BasketOfPuppies; 2013-06-21 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Wanted a pronunciation key
    Avatar by @CultistKitten on Twitter

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

17. - Top - End - #797
    Troll in the Playground

Lydia Eastwood

Alias: n/a
    Race: Human
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Class (or approximation): Outsider-touched
    Profession: "Private Investigator"
    Power Level: C?
    Description: Tall and slightly curvaceous, yet still slender and athletic, with short-cropped dark hair and a complexion that could be described as slightly swarthy; brown eyes.
    Personality: Cautious, suspicious, calm.
    Abilities: Blink II, Dark Vision I, Bend Time II, Windblast I, Vitality II, Agility II, Shadow Kill I. Also 'respawns to the last quicksave' after being killed.
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2013-06-19 at 12:32 AM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

18. - Top - End - #798
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

Ray Jubadi

Class/Profession: Water Mage
    Power Rating: A-
    Description: A fair skinned kid with a slightly lanky build. Has blue eyes with bizarre pupils, one half of each pupil is blue and the other half is yellow, a white symbol that looks like the roman numeral two lies in the center. His hands are slightly webbed. He has blue gills that are attached to his ears, these gills resemble those of amphibians such as axolotls. Has light blue hair that is rather scraggly, and he doesn’t have any facial hair. Is usually found wearing a plain red tee and some shorts, is fond of hooded jackets because he thinks they make him look badass.
    Personality: Ray is constantly trying to help those he meets and is generally a nice guy. On the other hand he is both blunt and arrogant, rarely takes things seriously and is constantly underestimating those around him. He can actually be quite analytical when he puts his mind to it, but usually opts for impulsive (if not outright reckless) behavior instead. He loves to fight and can be a bit of an instigator, but has a strict no killing rule for any person (as in any sapient, thinking, feeling being.)
    Equipment: Ray travels fairly light and keeps his things in a tan bag he keeps on his back. Ray doesn't carry any conventional weapons, relying on his powers to protect himself. He does carry two strange glowing artifacts, these allow Ray to boost his power exponentially. However he can only tap into these artifacts for a short while and after he uses them he becomes useless until he can get several hours of sleep. He also carries around whatever money he can acquire, a handheld, a cellphone and some necessities.
    Abilities: Inside Ray’s pupils lies a pocket dimension which can hold a pools worth of water. Ray has spent many years training to control this water and use it in combat. Because he is limited to the amount of water stored in the pocket dimension he cannot hope to match the raw power of spells by more traditional water users, instead he tends to utilizse a method of close to mid range combat which uses the available water to propel himself around the battlefield. While he can replenish his supply of water by drinking or absorbing it through his skin, it takes too long for additional water to be properly integrated with the pocket dimension for Ray to replenish his supply during combat. Ray can make his body intangible for short periods of time to phase through attacks. He is so reliant on this intangibility that when struck when not expecting it he goes down very easily. His unique eyes also give him the ability to break illusions. Ray’s gills allow him to breathe underwater, however because there is more oxygen in the air then underwater he still needs to come up for air occasionally. Finally, Ray has the ability to jump up to thirty feet into the air and he can change direction by pushing his feet off a cliff or similar object.
    Backstory: He doesn't like to talk about. One may get the feeling that there lies a darker history behind his cheery exterior, but noone in the Nexus has as of yet found out about it.
    Last edited by RyanKoopa; 2013-12-02 at 07:57 PM.

19. - Top - End - #799

Doctor Albert Belmont
    Profession: Doctor of medicine / Vampire Hunter
    Power rating: C
    Description: Standing at 5’ 9”, Albert wears his reddish brown hair long. He wears a slightly armored pale red coat, which has a number of pockets and pouches on it. He wears study black boots, designed to assist with climbing walls as well as walking on difficult terrain.
    Equipment: Five sets of four silver daggers, six vials of holy water, one stopwatch capable of stopping time for about 3 minutes once, a small medical kit (based on Victorian medicine) 7 bags of gold coins.
    Abilities: Albert is a moderately skilled doctor, for his home time period. He is also a successful vampire hunter, skilled in destroying the undead, and navigating very dangerous areas. As a Belmont, he specializes in the use of the whip.
    Backstory: Albert was interested in medicine from an early age, however there was the family business that did require a bit of time. After all, you never know when someone is going to revive Dracula again, so he had to train for that. And it was a good thing that he did, as in his 28 year, Dracula was revived, and he had to go and slay the Lord of Darkness. Albert was able to do this feat, and was set on living out the rest of his life, secure in the know that the Vampire Killer is safe in the hands of the main family and looking forward to doing good. Then the Nexus stepped in.

20. - Top - End - #800

DrowGuy

Pygnitis Tempora
    Spoiler
    Show
    Race/Species: Human, no more, no less
    Alignment: Neutral Good with Chaotic tendencies while in control of his actions
    Class/Profession: Cleric of Fire and Magic/Quest-Taker
    Power Rating: Quinsar 3;Neon C+
    Description: Pygnitus wears a White Mage's robe, albeit with several scorch marks on it, and his usually ruffled wheat-blonde hair makes him nearly undistinguishable from a White Mage. However, if anyone was to see him in combat, they'd quickly see the difference; after all, White Mages don't have their hands suddenly burst into flames, and they sure as heck don't use said fire to burn their enemies.

Personality: Pygnitis doesn't have much in the form of personality; years of adapting to the social climate of a monastery have left him with little in this way. Occasionally, though, a random deity of fire and/or magic will influence his thoughts and actions in such a way that he literally becomes them in personality, as if he was a miniature version of the god in question.
    Equipment: All he has is the robe on his back, the staff in his hand, and some elixirs that restore his vitality and ability to throw fire at people (Potions and Ethers).
    Abilities: Pygnitis can fight reasonably well with his staff, and he does know some healing magic; his specialties, though, are pyromancy and cantrips. He can launch fire projectiles quite long distances and shape it in all sorts of ways; in addition, Pygnitis can do minor generic spellcaster-type things, such as use magic devices and detect any latent magic in an area.
    Unfortunately for Pygnitis, this devotion to a cause makes it so he has little control of his mind; any god of magic and/or fire can alter his behavior by sending him into a semi-dream state and, essentially, sleep-driving him, leaving him only slightly aware of his past actions. (Note: this means that if I don't post within about 4 days on a thread, another player can take control of his actions for a post or three. I put no limits on these actions if the controller can come up with some deity that would have him do it.)

Backstory: Pygnitis was once a White Mage in training; he got quite far into this training, spending the first 19 years of his life in a monastery devoted to raising up the next generation of healers. Somewhere in year 20, though, Pygnitis had a dream sent to him from the god Sol-Aris. Sol-Aris taught him the art of pyromancy in a single night, teaching Pygnitis to use the same supply of power that his healing used to cause flamy havoc. Fortunately for the world, this god was of Neutral Good alignment, and thus gave him a stipulation: if ever the fire he flung caused an innocent harm, Sol-Aris would open his mind to control by the other gods and goddesses of flame and sorcery.
    So, one day Pygnitis is fighting a sorcerer of Nerull who has captured some civilians for sacrifice. The two were in an epic spel duel, and eventually the sorcerer was over the altar with a captive. Pyg launched a fireball at the enemy...ad he hit the civilian with a minor burn. Instantly, Ifrit, the sprit of fire and villainy, took control. The sorcerer's tower burned to the ground along with almost all of its inhabitants...almost. Pyg remembers that incident, and it haunts him, but he's looking into a way to revoke this divine curse, and so far, it seems it will require his life...
    Miscellaneous: So, yeah, if I do not post actions for Pygnitis within 4 days of my last post in the thread and I'm not on, the player who posts after me can take control of him for however long until I get back
    Last edited by JBPuffin; 2013-07-12 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Formatting
    Cookie Count: One

Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Spoiler: True Facts
    Show

21. - Top - End - #801
    Pixie in the Playground

Izual the Fallen

Race:Angel
    Alignment:
    Profession: Warrior Angel
    Description: Even in his fallen state Izual still cuts an imposing figure, over six foot tall and strongly built. He has short blonde hair and bright red eyes. Above his head floats a halo, but instead of the typical shining yellow it is a dull, lifeless gray. Two stumps of the wings he once had jut out from his back. Patches of skin all over his body are permanently marked as if they had just freshly been burned.
    Equipment:
    Plate Armor
    White Robes
    Small pouch that is bigger on inside than outside
    Small amount of gold coins
    Abilities: Swordsmanship, especially with two handed sword
    Minor healing abilities
    Backstory: To come later

22. - Top - End - #802
    Troll in the Playground

Cynis Pamail Cathryn

Alias: Cat
    Race: Human (Creation)
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Class (or approximation): Wood Caste Terrestrial Exalted
    Profession: Mechanic, gaming shop owner
    Power Level: D
    Description:

Personality: Cheeful, intense, mechanically-minded, chaste, stubborn
    Abilities: TBA
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2013-07-17 at 09:49 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #803

Skye Drake-Nerei

Alias: The General, Ash, The Hermit, Redcloak
    Race/Species: Special*
    Alignment: Red Primary with Black Secondary on Color Wheel Alignment. Neutral (Evil) on D&D grid.
    Class/Profession: Trapper/Biologist
    Power Rating: C or 4
    Description: Large, with white fur (traces of brown). A slightly long face, and a long scar scar running down their left fore-limb. Paws and tail are surrounded by a cold blue fire. Eyes glow occasionally. Ice is left in her footsteps.
    Human: Pale brown hair, hazel eyes, pale skin as she is almost never in the sun with it. No visible flames. Dressed in flowing red and purple robes with a hood.
    Personality: The General is weary. She's forgotten the joy of motion and even conflict. Forcing herself to suspect every passing thing. It's rare to get to indulge her curiosity. But beneath that, she remains and malleable and willing to commit as always.
    Equipment: Skye has a set of red/purple clothes that is totally temperature-resistant. Has many spheres and disks of solidified fire and coldness. Usually found with a knife and a crude spyglass, both slightly scorched.
    Abilities: Broad fire magic powers. Was given the power of Fearblaze by Zane Darkstar, and taught to make solid objects out of heat and flame. Can conjure coldfire and control flames from any source. Her powers are much more focused when she's in human shape.
    When in her normal shape she is very hard to hurt, save by certain relic things such as silver bullets and ash-wood stakes.
    Backstory: The child of Brendan and Ashna, Skye was separated from her parents and raised for a while at the Shrine of Adam in Felina, but eventually ran off to live as a wild creature in North Forest, where she was adopted into a small pack of then normal wolves. On growing up, she set out on her own, and eventually met Aric in the Forests of the Hunting Grounds. This eventually led her to the city of Inside, which led her to contact Zane Darkstar, who transformed her powers into that of Fearblaze. This caused Marty to start chasing her with the power granted by Calublufiok and destroying her hermitage, and to her suffering injuries which sent her to the GLoG and finding her human family.
    After the success of her projects and becoming a tree-creature, she abandoned the self destructive-course she felt Ignitis was on, entered a relationship with Zane, living in Skyside at Those Forged.
    But then an old Ignitis student showed up asking for help, and she joined an invasion of Southside. This-and-that happened, and of the Five Generals, she was the only one left, and unexpectedly found herself running a small country.
    Miscellaneous:
    Ash has the curse of lycanthropy, such that every month on the days around the new moon, she is transformed into a human. She can do so at any time other than the time around the full moon, but it's more difficult.

Unification Day, March 24 eq:2016

The Nephilim are not exactly half-dragon. They combine genetic material from General Skye, Trucido, and the red wyrm Ravrarath Volcano-Forger. But red-dragon is certainly the plurality of what they are.
    Raneon speaks in Red. A tall groundling nephil in charge of Urban Development.
    Rust speaks in FireBrick. A scrawny nephil runt who wears several bureaucratic hats.
    Commander Rain was killed in the demon invasion of Rvierside. He spoke in Maroon. A flighted nephil commander who led the attack on DMside and was taken prisoner.
    Brown
    Commander Ruby speaks in Tomato. A groundling nephil woman who retains vestigial wings as flexible claws. Tail: Yes.
    The Sorcerer-King of the North. A success: strength, force-sensitivity, flight, elemental attunement. A skilled dancer, scoundrel, and protector of Rhin's kobolds.
    The One on the Road. A 'success': strength, force-sensitivity, flight, elemental attunement. Deeply neurotic, paranoid, with a shattered sense of self.

It looks like a moth, but its body is oddly serpentine in shape, and it doesn't seem to have any visible mouth, mandibles or anything else. Only a pair of bulging, pale eyes. It hovers in the air near its master. "This is one of my least servant. A wretched thing that spies on mortals and brings bad dreams. Hard to notice, and hard to see. But it sees much in turn."

The King's servants are a motley assortment of spider-like creatures whose bodies resemble humanoid or animal heads, and small humanoid creatures whose skin resembles different kinds of rock and soil. The humanoids look either like half-finished clay dolls or small, lanky men with long beards and caps.

They join together into the shape of an ashen-grey beast with wide wings, a pair of legs and no arms. It's roughly the size of a large car, with a long, stretching neck and a long, thin tail. Its head has no eyes, but an impressive array of teeth. The tail and wings sweep around in the ground as the beast turns its head around, hissing.

"Not quite a dragon," the King says. "But it is what some dragons became when the world became too thin for them. I think the mortals call them slyzards. The name will do. It can't breathe fire like a dragon, nor command the elements like one, but it will fly. Its shriek can freeze mortals with fear or, if focused, crack stone and metal."
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2019-09-03 at 01:35 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #804

Default Recaiden Character Directory

Active

Anchor
    Human wizard. The part of Leah that kept being a murderhobo adventurer.

Leah
    Tiger-centaur knight who runs a little town around the Skullfort. The part of Leah that settled down.

Hunter
    Thrill-seeking warrior who lives in the Hunting Grounds. The part of Leah that was never interrupted.

Minor good goddess. Domain includes: Night-time, healing, protection, meteors, and communication with the dead. The part of Leah that is Leah.

Alucleosepha
    Ambiguously evil dragon wizard.

Atorre
    Hive mind mad scientist from a Skyside noble house.

Arlem
    Shape-shifting psychic homemaker, priest, and VIGIL member who toes the line of evil. Usual wielder of the Great Blade Dorothy.

Kestrel
    Robot janitor/surgeon/mercenary working at the DFI and in a back-alley clinic near you!
    Alex
    (Chevin)
    Blind clockwork alien superhero. Formerly a Seeker, until changed by Malukhar.

Mei
    Electrum dragon who works with space and weather. Rumors of death greatly exaggerated. Checks in on the Nexus once in a while.
    Sun-and-Moon (Alice) A cyborg centauress sent to VIGIL as a spy.

Aaiesi
    Cuthun-demon alien hive mother.

The Bureaucat
    A fairy secretary who was the only survivor of an attack, trying to rebuild her society after being stranded here in the Nexus.

It That Takes
    The Ineffable Lord of flame, once a mere elemental, now attached to Anima's family and meddling in the affairs of gods.

Burning Winds
    Swordsman who used to be a sword.

Bloom
    Bio-engineered feathery church acolyte and space adventurer who's trying to learn enough to run her own temple. Meta-Character

Cloud
    Scorpion Sun God of the Floating Church

Ash (Skye)
    The General, supreme leader of Southside. Tree-person. Werewolf. Mother of dragons. Conduit of the cold fire. Reservoir of the Fearblaze. Mad scientist. Former Chosen of It That Takes.

Spoiler: Retired
    Show
    • Auranico (Riki) - Queen of the Fangire. Retired to help lead her weird glass vampires.
    • Joneleth - Penitent weapons-maker. Retired to live on his farm with his continuity-challenged family.
    • Danelshes - Heretical priest trying to evolve humanity to greater things. Founded the shrine of Adam. Designing robots offscreen.
    • Vaan - Carnivorous renaissance woman necromancer. Presumptions of death proved unfounded; works on Majauril as a the Wearer of Earth.
    • Felix - Leader of a tribe of werewolves. Unable to use fearblaze. Busy rebuilding his town after the collapse.
    • Haukea, Larry, Rossa Ampfaria - Cautious, Angry, and Individualistic. The trio of photoraptors who explored the sea and later joined the Ship.
    • Reqonswent - Icehome bioradio operator and boneship communications crew. Loves his job.
    • -Eirikae- - Messenger-steward at the skullfort. Waiting until this whole afterlife thing really gets going.
    • Atsuko - Child left to be raised by wolves. Fled Riverside and went to live in faraway lands with her family.
    • Saranan - Mist-enchanted hobbit/pony centaur. Works as a farmer.
    • Sazack - Black Forest Coldblood centaur from Saranan's family, who is part of the Knights of the Round Stable as the constellation of the Hunting Hounds.
    • Carmen - The vampire queen of Icehome, space adventurer, and chess player.
    • Tahlia - Former Etran leader who never really found a place again.
    • Ark'Ka'tat'akilla - On the other side of the mirror, there's someone who could have been you, in a world that's all wrong. Rescued by Mist and found the way home.
    • Tomris - Heartless lumberjack. Left with his sister.
    • Colson - Paranoid leader of a tribe of bird-people. Escaped into the Wyld.
    • Alyshacar - Devoted catgirl cultist.
    • Morian - Hunts vampires using robots. Portal to their world closed.
    • Maria The Third - Vampire religious leader of the Timiran Church. Portal to their world closed.
    • Luna - Tower City research subject. Portal to their world closed.
    • Kail - Luna's husband, a shipwright. Portal to their world closed.
    • Dennis - A young child fascinated with submarines. Portal to their world closed.
    • Anna - Bereaved Tower City seamstress. Portal to their world closed.
    • Thom - Tower City research subject, back from the dead. Portal to their world closed.
    • Orannis - A lizardperson gardener working in Skyside on Atorre's rice projects.
    • Paw and Oak - Skye's adoptive parents. Went back to their home range.
    • Drum - Undead-hunting terrorist revolutionary. Achieved his political aims.
    • Janicei - Riace's sister. A traveler with the special eyes. Walking the earth.
    • Tyche - A pyromancer who can never seem to make the flames quite hot enough.
    • Howler In Morning (Naray) - A fire elemental that came to the mortal world fleeing religious persecution
    • Which Walks Unseen (Thom) - A fire elemental that came to the mortal world to learn
    • Roald Williamson - A deluded figment who escaped from a wizard's dream and lives as a vagrant on the outskirts of Inside.
    • Jeanne Krieagsmanedet - Mist-enchanted motherly spider alchemist.
    • Anima - Chosen of It That Takes. Tauric dire-wolf witch.

Other Characters
    • Maria Kayin - An astronomer who's bounced from cult to cult, who had her body stolen by Nadas.
    • Danir Telue - Rebellious disinherited sorceress. Cleo's mother, Leah's grandmother.
    • Karen - Little manticore who lives in Skullfort Town after becoming an orphan.
    • Rian - Teenage boy who lives in Skullfort Town after being rescued.
    • Softquill - Photoraptor who replaced Anchor at Skullfort Town Public Library
    • Alexis - The gorgon high priestess of the Floating Church.
    • Todd - Young man who is finally free of the fallen angel that was possessing him.
    • Honeysuckle - Wild kitsune who wears a blindfold to control her powers.
    • Nathaneil - This ogre is in charge of the soup kitchen in Skullfort Town
    • Lyre - This elfin girl looks quite like the Good aspect of the Twilight Goddess might have looked
    • William Auriel - This handsome man is a high-ranking dibax rider and definitely not a dragon in disguise
    • Wearer of the Tattered Scarf - Augmented very large photoraptor willing to help new people.
    • So Dian guard team: Agra (pure), Norticio (shield), Kom (needle) and Vari (weaver). Half demon, half human, half cat, all astronaut.
    • Slasher Private Ship Architect Sparrow AI - This robot has been infected by silver-eyed skinner energy and is crazy as a junebug.
    • Omiko - Immortal gibbering cat-demon Elder whose line abandoned the others to flee after the crash and whose Linebearer was rescued by Nick.
    • Logru - The Generalissimo. Photoraptor. Follows the Bureaucat.
    • Yone - The Wonderworker. Giraffe-lion-thing. Follows the Bureaucat.
    • Ophelia Graham
    • Graft-nin Aleksei - A man with two curling horns framing his face, patches of silvery-gold scales around them. His right arm is a sort of prosthetic, a congeries of stained glass and wire.
    • Susila - A 10yr old minotaur girl, (going to be) even bigger than Krayger, quiet, self-conscious, and likes libraries. Blond-furred, with no horns yet to speak of.
    • Rashka the Thousandfold - Master Sorcerer, son of Scipio the Stone, had a junior fellow-student lizard. He has the lower body of a giant thick-tailed man-killer scorpion, a heavy thing of deep black shell. He's wearing a pink sash and a big shoulder-collar thing that looks like the sun, but no shirt in between, because that would interfere with people looking at him. His head is shaved and covered in magical tattoos. His sharp face boasts a diamond piercing through his nose and a slight smile.

Dead - People struggle to stay dead, here.
    • Ashna - Many things. Taken bodily out of the living worlds to be with Yoan.
    • Riace - Reckless Lunar artist. Killed by pirates.
    • Samuel - Rebellious lizard. Killed by the Empire.
    • Lily - Bitter gunslinger. Died in the woods.
    • Golden - Animate suit of armor. Passed on.
    • Censhuliel - Obsessed Lunar chieftain. Executed in a rare moment of lucidity.
    • Brave - Actual wolf. Killed by [REDACTED].
    • The Duelist - Carmen's lowest-standing vampire thrall. Killed by vampire-hunters.
    • Katherine Whitsman - Wood cat who followed the Bureaucat before being killed in a planar breach
    • Amyria - A colony of shapechanging tiny dragons who was the second mayor of Eastside. Killed fighting cuthunians during the invasion.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2020-07-29 at 02:30 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #805
    Orin Atlantean
    Guest in the Playground

Alias: Orin
    Race: Atlantean
    Class: Formerly: King, current: Vigilante
    Power Level: B, degrades to D
    Description: Blonde hair and Beard without mustache, bronze Scale Mail armor over chest, carries a large golden Trident
    Personality: arrogant, yet selfless
    Equipment: Trident of the seas,
    Abilities: Breathe Underwater, but not in a vacuum, limited flight capabilities and superhuman strength, the less hydrated however the less powerful he is, although when completely dry he is in good fitness, telepathy with Underwater creatures.
    Back-story, after his throne was taken from him he appeared on the surface of the earth, he became a vigilante among the people in the Nexus, he fights crime and saves lives

Misc: If anyone sees anything familiar, this Character is an alternate version of Aquaman, he hates being called aquaman

26. - Top - End - #806

HalflingRogueGuy

Calceus

Alias: Shoes, Shoey
    Race/Species: Minor God. Very minor God
    Age: No one remembers what caused it to be created. Therefore, no one has any idea how long Calceus has been around
    Alignment: Neutral. Shoes favor all equally
    Class/Profession: The most minor god you will ever meet.
    Power Rating: Are you wearing socks? If yes, F. If no C-.
    Description: A humanoid mound of shoes from all eras. You'll see some sandals, Crocs, tennies, etc. Has no definite face, but does have a head made out of four tennis shoes strapped together by the laces.
    Personality: Mopey, and down about most things. Excited when included but generally fairly sad.
    Equipment: Shoes. Lots and lots of shoes.
    Abilities: Can do whatever he wants to with shoes, including move them without contact, make new ones, or refit them. But if a shoe is in contact with a sock, can't do anything. Touching a sock with one of the shoes that make up his body causes his body to disperse and Calceus will be unable to reform for 24 hours
    Backstory: To come later
    Miscellaneous: Hates socks. Absolutely hates them
    Crooked Peak Seasons IV-V: 11/8/4 Cup Semifinalist, Cup Quarterfinalist, Coach of the losing All-star team (Season V)
    Treeman's Triumph Seasons VI: 3/8/2 Loser in the Crud! Cup Match
    Legends of Jam Season VII: 6/3/2 Winner of the Longball Derby, Division B Champion, Cup Semifinalist

27. - Top - End - #807
    Ogre in the Playground

Erin Lynne Grünwald

Name: Erin Lynne Grunwald
    Alias: Erin
    Race/Species: Golden Lab
    Alignment: Neutral/Good
    Class/Profession: Novice
    Power Rating: Under 9000 E-
    Description: Erin is a little dog-girl with slightly curly platinum-blonde fur, short hair (more like 'head fur' really), floppy ears, a muzzle, a fuzzy face, a large fluffy tail, and plantigrade paw-like feet. She wears a pink-and-white striped shirt, a pink skirt, a pink bow behind one ear, and what looks like a pink dog collar. The collar has a golden heart-shaped tag with emergency information on it, including her species, blood type, and allergies. She does not wear shoes, preferring to go barefoot.
    Personality: Pacifist, a bit snarky.
    Equipment: None. Future equipment: purse, stuffed animal.
    Abilities: Erin is literally a little girl. Her abilities are as one would expect of a little girl who's also a dog. Good sense of smell, fairly quick on her feet. Will eventually learn magic.
    Backstory: To be developed in-game.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2017-02-28 at 09:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

28. - Top - End - #808
    Ogre in the Playground

Antarea
    Race: Lamia - Scorpio Variant
    Alig: Serves a Lawful Evil power, but sits between True Neutral and Neutral Evil herself.
    Class: Zodiacal Minister

Desc: (Human form).
    Antarea's normal form is that of a well-tanned young woman from the waist up; waist-down, she has the body of a huge scorpion, her chitinous shell a stony greyish brown and her pincers formidably large. She has shortish brown hair, obsidian eyes, and fetching red-framed glasses; naturally used to a hot climate, she wears a fleece-collared jacket over her leather top.

Gear/Skills:
    Already having formidable natural armor and her big ol' claws and stinger, she only carries a pocket knife (admittedly a relatively big one), which itself is more for utility purposes, as a weapon.
    As a Zodiacal Minister, she has an array of spells related to her assigned constellation (Scorpio, of course), mostly related to poison and water.
    Having a huge scorpion for a lower half makes her pretty strong and fast, and pretty good at climbing. She can move backwards and turn in place pretty quickly, but tight spaces are obviously a problem and require her to shapeshift to full-human form; this obviously nullifies the benefits of having a giant scorpion butt.

Personality:
    Despite the whole "serving an evil power" thing, she's fairly laid-back and usually doesn't get more evil than "kind of a jerk" if she can help it... though she is perfectly comfortable with eating people now and then.
    Last edited by Beans; 2013-08-20 at 03:01 PM.

Spoiler: FFRP Characters
    Show

Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

If you're looking for stuff on my old project Rider: The Transformation, look here.

29. - Top - End - #809

Name: Derrick Matthews

Alignment: HAH

Class/Profession: Uhhhhhhhhh, Soldier/Blacksmith

Power Rating: C- (Though that may change in time)

Description:

Derrick is a tall person, standing at six foot eight, he stands over most people he knows. He wears glasses, and keeps stray strands of hair tucked under them. He wears his hair long, and in a ponytail. He tends to wear very casual clothing, preferring jeans and a t-shirt to anything else. Derrick despises long sleeves, only wearing them when necessary. Derrick tends to be a quiet person, not letting others into his head, nor trying to get in theirs. His grey eyes have a tendency (Yes this is real, look it up) to shift between different colors, all of which are heavily grey or silver tinted. He stays relaxed on the outside, no matter the situation, mostly because he hates showing whats going on inside his head without reason. He has little growing room left, being seventeen, but he still has a little. Across his back are several scars, all very clean and surgical. One runs from his left shoulder to the middle of his back. One runs from his right shoulder and meets the one from the left in the middle. The third runs from this connecting point down to his waste, and jagged instead of clean. Scattered across the rest of his back appears to be scars from a whip. On the front of his torso, he seems to mainly have more jagged cuts and some burns, none as large or bad as the ones on his back. Despite these scars, the rest of his body remains untouched, at least visibly. On the back of his right hand is a tattoo of two gears with a bloody knife caught in the middle. He commonly wears gloves, and a face obscuring mask. On the base of his neck and usually hidden by his hair, is a second tattoo of several needles piercing down into his spine and injecting something into it.

Personality:

Usually very relaxed and outgoing, but after years of brutal punishment and only a recent respite in it, he's always paranoid and suspicious of everything and everyone. If you can win his friendship, he's a friend for life, taking considerable levels of backstabbing and abuse to break him open. For those few that become his friend, he becomes extremely protective, to the point that his monster within can emerge when they are threatened.

Equipment:

Varies wildly, but he usually has as many throwing knives as he can hide, and a combat knife or pistol, usually both.

Abilities: Most of Derrick's abilities come from his skill with weaponry, however he has a few notable abilities. First and foremost is his mastery of his own body to the point of making himself able to shatter rocks, among other things, with his bare hands. The strain this puts on his body reduces him to only being able to do this once a day. Similarly, he can do this with weapons he uses, though most of his abilities are stuck at the melee range. Second is the developing ability to see the auras around people, allowing him so see what their intent is. In time he'll be able to use his to create powerful attacks and even read thoughts just through ones aura.

Back story:

Derrick was born to two relatively normal parents in a small coastal town. He was born alongside his fraternal twin sister, Nina. Most of their childhoods were relatively normal, that was, until they were ten. On the night of their shared twelfth someone broke into their home. No one discovered it until the next morning, his sister, murdered and chopped into pieces. Both of Derrick’s parents had been drugged, and he had been out at a friends house that night. He came home to the scene of body parts scattered throughout the room. Strangely her head was missing. It would be almost a year before he began to recover from the sight. On his eleventh birthday was the day the life he knew would end. Since his sisters death he had become apathetic, and vicious. Someone had taken notice, a strange hooded figure could be seen watching him and how he at one point he wouldn't even help a kid who had broken their arm. He was taken, in the night. When he first woke up, he was in a bright, plain room with only the basics. A bed and a toilet, in the room.

He would receive food through a slot in the door, but not much more. This went on for several weeks, and that's when he was finally allowed to leave the room. He was shunted into a kind of group dorm, kids of all ages, and mindsets were there with him. The only thing they all held in common, in someway or another they were all broken. Some of them were the kind of sick, twisted people you see that like to kill animals as slowly as possible. Others just didn’t care, and wouldn’t do anything to help or hinder another kid in the dorm. Derrick fell in with them, though he was scared out of his mind. The adults were masked and gloved anytime they were around the kids. This meant none of the kids could tell those with “good” or “bad” intentions just from looking at them. They would push them to their limits. Beating them because they failed some test, whipping them for one thing or another. Over the course of two years him and the other older kids still inside harder than any of the rest. It was after a year and a half, he finally broke. His mind was no longer his, but whatever he was, it wasn’t what they wanted. He had retreated into his own bubble of reality. He thought he was back at home, back with his sister, like none of it had ever happened.

They had to bring him out of this state if he was ever going to be of use to him. They started giving him medicine. In that time they introduced a young girl, Ocarina, only a little younger than him, into his life to try and give him a friend to help draw him back out. He was fourteen by the time they managed to draw him out, but his mind was still fragile. In an attempt to draw out what they wanted, they shot the girl in front of him. It almost worked, he was definitely different than he was before. More violent, but not quite where they wanted him. They pushed him, and pushed him. They pushed him so far that at one point he was in need of life saving surgery. Once he came out, they had achieved what they had wanted, they had even ingrained a trigger for this side of him into his psyche. A weapon, any weapon, with the symbol of the organization would draw out the killer within. He was theirs now, he was in the palm of their hand. They had him kill, steal, kidnap, and even break new “recruits” they were bringing in. When he wasn't working for them, he was back inside a plain room, separated from most of the others outside of one day a week. At one point they had been training him harder than ever, telling him the final test was coming up. Despite all of this, when he turned sixteen, they informed him that the test had been changed, and that he would embark for this new one in only one hour.

(WIP, but enough is done for me to use him here)

Malfunction in the TERV (Time machine) sent him cross-dimensions instead of across time, and restored his once missing memories.
    Fly away from worries you don't want them again, I can feel the time to live.
    Get away from stories with pros and cons to weight up, I can feel the time to share.

30. - Top - End - #810
    Ogre in the Playground

A bit of a work in progress, but...
    FACTION: REGENTS OF THE STARS
    The Regents of the Stars are a group of twelve deities who correspond to the signs of the Western Zodiac (though they insist it is the Zodiac that corresponds to them). They have a fairly large base of followers called the Vassals of the Stars, among whom each Vassal is devoted to a single Regent. A notable peculiarity within this group is the marked tendency for a Vassal to have a racial relation to the associated animal of their favored Regent: centaurs for Sagittarius, merpeople for Pisces, catpeople for Leo, etc. Not every Vassal has this relation (there are plenty of plain old humanoids mixed in, and a minotaur may very well be a devotee of Libra or Cancer rather than Taurus).

Spoiler: Regents
    Show
    Aries the Warlord: Fire, War, Evil
    Aries is one of the three Regents aligned with fire, a war god ever spurring his followers to take initiative and action in their lives---from something as big as conquering a nation to something as mundane as trying a new hobby. His animal association is sheep, goats... and marsupials for reasons nobody has ever felt like asking him. His preferred image is a great ram upon an iron throne, surrounded by a ring of terra-cotta figures in the shape of kings bowing to him.

Taurus the Administrator: Earth, Strength, Good
    Taurus is one of the three Regents aligned with earth, a god of strength who urges his followers to be strong not just in body, but in will, in morality, and even in finances. His animal association obviously includes cattle, but extends beyond that to include a large range of large terrestrial herbivores---rhinos, hippos, elephants, even gorillas. His preferred image is a huge minotaur, well-dressed and seated at a desk of fine dark wood with a marble top, looking over his followers' affairs through a pair of gold-rimmed spectacles.

Gemini the Thinker: Air, Philosophy, Neutral
    Gemini is one of the three Regents aligned with air, a god of philosophy who urges his followers to be versatile in mind and keen in wit. His animal association is both with flying animals and with canines, for some reason. His preferred form is not as set as the other gods', but is always recognizable in that it is a pair of contrasting animals. A black bat hanging beneath a white dove, a great grey wolf beside a slender dusty-brown jackal, a dull moth flying with a brilliant butterfly.

Cancer the Dealer: Water, Fortune, Evil
    Cancer is one of the three Regents aligned with water, a goddess of fortune who urges her followers to hold fast to what they gain in good times and make short work of any who would take them when the Dealer throws them a poor hand. Her animal association is with crustaceans, of course. Her preferred form is a huge crab jealously guarding a hoard of riches, with a woman seated cross-legged atop its carapace, a deck of cards spread out before her and a pair of dice in her hands.

Leo the Ruler: Fire, Sun, Good
    Leo is a benevolent god of the sun, ever urging his followers to be brave, loyal, and honest. His animal association is with all felines, from the regal lion to the housecat (though one could argue that housecats think themselves just as majestic as their maned cousins). His preferred form is a huge crowned lion upon a golden dais, surrounded by carved wooden figures of people taking refuge in his presence.

Virgo the Archivist: Earth, Growth, Neutral
    Virgo is a stately goddess of growth and life, guiding her followers to see that every detail matters and to be both analytical and practical in all things. Unlike the others, she has no animal association (though she has a bit of a plant theme), so it's not uncommon to find lamia or centaurs or whatnot in her followers. Her preferred form is a veiled woman upon a wicker chair, flowery vines twining in the chair's spaces and crowning her hair with blossoms.

Libra the Diplomat: Air, Law, Good
    Libra is a benevolent god of law, urging his followers to be not only just but also balanced, tactful, and friendly so they may be the mediators in disputes---a role he finds himself playing often among his fellow Regents. His animal association is with reptiles and dragons. His preferred form is a vast serpent coiled around the base of a giant set of balance-scales, their two bowls formed of polished tortoise shells.

Scorpio the Undaunted: Water, Poison/Healing, Neutral
    Scorpio is a formidable goddess of poison and healing (as the Undaunted gives her venom, so too does she take it away). She prompts her followers to follow their instincts and ambitions, as well as to be loyal to their loved ones and their decisions. Her animal association is not just with scorpions, but with poisonous arthropods in general (spiders, centipedes, even wasps and their ilk). Her preferred form is a huge scorpion decorated with the spoils of many pursuits.

Sagittarius the Hero: Fire, Hunting, Neutral
    Sagittarius is a versatile god of the hunt who urges his followers to spread themselves out---to be both adventurous and intellectual, honest and generous. His animal association is with not only horses, but deer, mules, and most hooved animals other than bovines and ovines. His preferred form is a well-built centaur bearing a longbow and quiver.

Capricorn the Agitator: Earth, Chaos, Evil
    Capricorn seems paradoxical---a goddess of chaos who remains calculating and practical. She instills in her followers the understanding of how discipline, patience and prudence can keep them stable when chaos strikes---or how it can shield them from the chaos they themselves stir up---and allow them to follow their ambitions unhindered. Her animal association does include goats, but is more focused on composite creatures---chimarae, griffons, manticores, and so forth. Her preferred form is a huge sea-goat, hooved and horned in front and with a long coiling finned tail in back, her tail in the water and her hooves on the shore.

Aquarius the Unfettered: Air, Travel, Evil
    Aquarius is a fickle goddess who watches over travelers. She promotes independence, creativity, and unpredictability among her followers, urging that they make no attachment that does not benefit them and which they are not prepared to later sever. Her animal association is with cephalopods and cnidarians. Her preferred form is a huge octopus, her tentacles coiled around a great ewer of water decorated in gold and jewels.

Pisces the Refuge: Water, Death, Good
    Pisces is a benevolent goddess who cares for the spirits of the dead. She asks that her followers flow with their feelings, keeping their hearts open and striving to be kind and compassionate even when their deeds go unacknowledged. Her animal association goes beyond just fish, including marine mammals and amphibians. Her preferred form is a pair of vast and graceful fish connected by a shining silver chain held in their mouths.
    Last edited by Beans; 2013-11-09 at 03:03 PM.

Spoiler: FFRP Characters
    Show

Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

If you're looking for stuff on my old project Rider: The Transformation, look here.