New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Nexus Character Directory

Captain Valeriya Vela Russkij

Alias: Val
    Race: Human (Drow and Brass Dragon blood)
    Alignment: Chaotic Good/True Neutral
    Affiliation: Stargate Command
    Class (or approximation): Warrior
    Profession: Captain, United States Air Force.
    Power Level: D+
    Description:
    Personality: Loyal. Caring. Protective. Curious. Submissive.
    Abilities: SGC-tech. Also, Darkness, and good with languages.
    Backstory: To be revealed! Or not. Try asking her. Descendant of Orion and Mirage from Enup.
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2011-12-17 at 02:02 AM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Rebecca O'Brien

Theme Song: "Fear of the Dark"

Alias: Becky
    Race: Human Higher Demon
    Alignment: Neutral Evil
    Affiliation: AMEN(?)
    Class (or approximation): Shadowmancer/Ilpholinite
    Profession: in Modern Town, was cashier at Brendan's
    Power Level: C+?
    Description:
    Personality: Poseur. Seductress. Lazy. Sarcastic. Doubtful.
    Abilities: Shadow-y. Duh. Also, limited summoning?
    Backstory: n/a

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2013-01-23 at 11:51 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

Roland MacCumhail

Alias: Roland
    Race: Demigod
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Affiliation: potentially, Mercedes.
    Class (or approximation): Demigod.
    Profession: Er...demigod? Part-time "cowboy".
    Power Level: A. Most of the time.
    Description:
    Personality: Taciturn. Possessive. Loyal. Studious. Meditative.
    Abilities: Think "the Old West meets magic". Has a shapeshifting frosty chimera-dragon-horse-thing named Mariposa.
    Backstory: He doesn't talk about it much.
    Status: Shot dead and banished to his home plane for seven-point-seven-seven years, or until Mercedes summons him. Has somehow reappeared, though...
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2013-05-25 at 08:18 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hi!

Name: Alysha
    Race: Vampire
    Hair: Brown, goes halfway down her back
    Eyes: Hazel

Looks:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Stands at 5'8". Wears green half-gloves, a black hoodie, white T-shirt under the hoodie, Black shoes, and blue jeans. Her hair is straight. Her skin is a little pale, and she has a pair of fangs.

Equipment:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Her Keyblade, some potions, some ethers, and a couple of elixirs. Also, she now carries a shoulder bag that usually has a few bottles of Icjor Liquor in it. And straws.

Weapons:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Just her Keyblade. It is called "Gearhead", and comes from the world called Radiator Springs. Like all Keyblades, the basic shape is of a giant key, about three feet in length, with a keychain hanging off the pommel. This Keyblade has an automotive theme, as it looks like a bunch of car parts put together.

She can channel magic through the Keyblade, allowing her to cast many spells. The Keyblade can unlock and lock anything. If she loses the Keyblade, or it is stolen, all she has to do is concentrate, and it will reappear in her hands.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She is talented in wielding a Keyblade. But, she could be better. So, she likes to practice a lot.

There are a few different spells she can use.

Fire
    Blizzard
    Thunder
    Stop
    Reflect
    Cure
    Magnet

These are the basic forms of these spells. She has to practice more to grow.

She has one summon. Mater.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She is very outgoing and optimistic. Very friendly. She greets everyone with a wave and a smile. Her personality tends to make people around her a little bit happier. She means well in everything she does. Likes to help others. She is almost always full of energy.

She hates fighting, and tries to avoid it at all costs.

Backstory:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Right now, don't have much of one for her. Basics of it would be that she's had a Keyblade for three years now, and she's been to a few different worlds. Her ship took her here and dropped her off, and that's why she's here.

She doesn't like that the Keyblade chose her. She hates having to do all of the fighting that she has to do.

Here's a list of the worlds she's been to.

Hollow Bastion
    Neverland
    Pride Lands
    Radiator Springs
    Olympus Colosseum
    Port Royale
    Disney Castle
    Twilight Town (Her home world)
    Halloween Town
    The Nexus (Yes, she counts it as a separate world)

Other stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Here's a version of her done by Beans. Awesome stuff.
    Last edited by KerfuffleMach2; 2018-09-09 at 05:30 PM.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

5. - Top - End - #35

These spirits come from the same dimension as Zel, Merna, Zaydon, Silva, Zavi, and Ivaz. They are essentially elementals, and they are usually seen in human form. As of right now, they do not possess physical bodies, and are kind of stuck in the streets near where Zaydon died.

Not sure if they would fall under the race category, as there are only ten of them.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

The Base Spirits

Aion
    Spoiler
    Show

The Time spirit.

Aion is just under seven feet tall. Her hair is a silvery blue color, and worn in dreadlocks. Her eyes are constantly changing color. She has a very feminine build. She wears a long sleeve shirt and full length skirt, both having a baby blue and silver pattern on them, which is also constantly changing.

She gives off a gentle feeling. She has a mellow personality, not quick to act. There is almost a motherly feel about her.

Eram
    Spoiler
    Show

The Kinetic spirit.

Eram stands about seven feet tall. He has a slightly stocky build to him, with a kind of wise-guy look on his face. He has straight black hair, slightly long. His eyes are silver, and always darting around. He wears a dark blue and purple leather jacket, zipped up, with a lot of metal rings and chains on it. His hands have large, black leather gloves. He has formal looking pants, which have a swirling blue and purple pattern on them. He is constantly twitching.

He can be a smart-ass at times. He is good natured, though. He doesn't like to spend time thinking on things. He'd rather just do it and see what happens.

Kelnon
    Spoiler
    Show

The Water spirit.

Kelnon is about six and a half feet tall. He has a sickly look about him; very slender. His face is sunken in, and his skin has a slightly greenish tint to it. His eyes are bluish gray. He wears grayish long sleeve shirt and pants, both with a water pattern on them.

He has a somewhat reserved personality. He is usually quiet, and mostly just listens in discussions.

Kremna
    Spoiler
    Show

The Light spirit.

Kremna is a little over seven feet tall. He has an almost angelic look about him. His hair is short and whitish blond. His eyes are pure white. He wears a long T-shirt, which goes almost to his knees, along with white pants.

If Aion could be described as motherly, then Kremna would be fatherly. He is very gentle, and seems to make those near him feel a little better.

Medric
    Spoiler
    Show

The Fire spirit.

Medric is almost eight feet tall. He has a handsome face, with silverish eyes and sleek black hair that goes just below his shoulders. He has a heavy, muscular build to him. He wears a dark yellow shirt with dark blue pants. Over this, he has a black cloak which has a flame pattern on it.

Medric is calm and collected most of the time. He can get passionate about certain things, and then it can be hard to calm him.

Palta
    Spoiler
    Show

The Life spirit.

Palta is about six and a half feet tall. Like Kremna, she looks angelic. She has a long white ponytail, with white eyes. They have no visible pupil or anything. Just white, with a kind of glow to them. She has a very feminine build. Her clothing consists of a long gold an white ribbon that flows around her.

Palta is usually quiet. She is extremely caring. She can be a little naive at times.

Rasslin
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Shadow spirit.

Rasslin is a little over six feet tall. Her hair is flat black; there is no shine to it. It is long and hangs down, well past her shoulders. She has a slightly athletic build to her, and her face has an almost condescending look on it. Her eyes, like her hair, are black without any shine to them. She wears a pitch black trenchcoat over a black shirt and cargo pants. The trenchcoat has no collar and no buttons, and seems to be made of a thin cloth. It's lower edges are worn and frayed.

Rasslin, like Eram, can be quick-witted. She likes to have fun. When she does get serious about something, she dedicates herself to it.

Shaydon
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Earth spirit.

Shaydon is just over six feet tall, making her the shortest of the group. She has a cute face with short brown hair and glossy green eyes. Over her athletic build she wears a gray t-shirt with a green collar, a sleeveless leather vest that has a black and brown pattern on it, and brown cargo pants.

Shaydon is easy going and caring. She can be stubborn, though.

Xerlic
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Wind spirit.

Xerlic is seven and a half feet tall. He has long, pale blond hair and pale gray eyes. He has an average build, with some minor muscle tone. He wears a pale gray tunic, which has a pattern of varying shades of gray.

Xerlic likes to be around people, moving from one crowd to the next. He is easy going, and can change subjects fairly easily.

Ysta
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Lightning spirit.

Ysta is seven feet tall. He has frizzy brown hair that points up, and he has wide yellow eyes. He has an average build. He wears a long sleeve white shirt that has a yellow design on it. He has loose fitting, black cloth pants held up by a black leather belt that has a gold buckle.

Ysta does everything fast, including talking. He grins a lot, and likes attention.
    Last edited by KerfuffleMach2; 2014-06-04 at 10:35 PM.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

6. - Top - End - #36

Name: Merna
    Race: Human
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Hair: Blond, shoulder length
    Eyes: Brown

Looks:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She is a little on the short side. When on Kuroko duty, she usually wears a long, black, hooded cloak. She also has a short ax, which is held in a harness on her back.

Besides the cloak, she wears black tennis shoes, khaki shorts, and a blue T-shirt.

Weapons:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Her short ax. And, if she happens to steal somebody else's. She has basic training in all types of weaponry, but she specializes in axes.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quick tempered, holds grudges, slightly pessimistic, dwells on bad events a little too much, voices her opinion often, will not back down, kind of stubborn.

Backstory:
    Spoiler
    Show
    At age 12, she joined the Kuroko. Her parents wanted her to have a good starting job when she left home, and they wanted her to learn about all sorts of subjects.

When she graduated, she decided to stay with them to take on missions.

Current Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She has been dating Quinsar for a while. He recently proposed to her, and she accepted.
    Last edited by KerfuffleMach2; 2014-06-20 at 09:15 PM.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

7. - Top - End - #37

My backpack is fun. Wanna see?

Name: Peter Kreyburn
    Alignment: Chaotic Good (Other personality is Chaotic evil)
    Hair: Cut short, dark brown
    Eyes: Pale green

Look:
    Spoiler
    Show
    He's about 5'9" tall. He has a kind face, and a kind of small build. Doesn't look like he could fight much. His clothing is as follows:

Black work boots. Steel toe.
    Blue jeans.
    Black t-shirt
    Jean jacket

He also wears a kinda strange looking metal backpack. And he never removes it. Ever.

Weapons:
    Spoiler
    Show
    His backpack.

It is a very highly advanced piece of technology. Up to four limbs can come out of it at his mere thought. Two are modified to mainly serve as feet, while the other two are mainly used for attack. The backpack is also used for storage for many items.

The feet have claws on them that are able to grip into walls. He can grab things with them, too.

The weapons he can use are as follow:

Assault rifle
    Blade
    Hammer
    Spike
    Grenade launcher
    Claw
    Small energy cannon
    Small energy shield

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kind of shy. Doesn't talk much. Once he warms up to you, he is really friendly. Very loyal to his friends and to what he believes is right. On these subjects, he is quick to anger and violence.

Alcohol makes him slightly depressive. When he's had too much, he starts thinking about his past and getting all sad.

Once in a while, he shows his other personality. This one comes from the backpack itself. This personality is evil. It will try to cause as much harm as it can before Peter is able to take control back. When his evil personality kicks in, he speaks in this color.

The evil side hasn't shown up recently. Whether it's actually gone or not remains to be seen.

Backstory:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (This part is not complete yet.)
    He had found the backpack about five years ago. When he first put it on, it fused with his spine. This allows his control over it, but it also prevents the backpack from being removed.

He doesn't really know where the backpack came from. The only clue he has is a logo for Toper Laboratories.

At first, it was cool. He had robotic arms now. But, about a week after it happened, the other personality revealed itself for the first time...

When Peter woke up in the morning, both of his parents were dead. And his footprints were in the blood.

Since then, he's been on the run from city to city. Every time the other personality shows, he has to leave. There haven't been many witnesses, but every time there are, cops are trying to find him.

Current Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The other side of Peter's backpack hasn't sufaced at all recently.

Peter no longer stutters.

Peter is married to Abigale, and the two have several adopted children.

Abigale recently had a child. Yay!

Peter as done by Jjkaybomb
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by KerfuffleMach2; 2014-06-20 at 09:15 PM.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

8. - Top - End - #38

What do you want?

Name: Silva Rai
    Alignment: Neutral
    Base: Fire

Looks
    Spoiler
    Show
    Silva is about 5'9" tall. She is athletically built. She has long red hair that is tied in a ponytail. She wears a white shirt, black jeans, and black boots. Her weapons hangs from a belt loop at her side.

Weapons
    Spoiler
    Show
    Her weapon is an object that looks similar to a dagger in size and basic shape. The blade is made of a special heat-sensitive metal. It's shape can be easily manipulated by heat. She uses this to her advantage by using her fire abilities to change what the weapon is. She likes to use it as a whip a lot, but she also often uses it as a scimitar.

Personality
    Spoiler
    Show
    Silva likes people. She is friendly. She also has a quick temper. She does not stand for the maiden-in-distress thing. She will have nothing to do with it.

She loves a good laugh. She also likes laughs at others expense. When it comes down to it, she is a good person. She is determined, and at times stubborn.

Abilities
    Spoiler
    Show
    She is fire base. She can manipulate and create fire. That about sums it up.

Backstory
    Spoiler
    Show
    Silva was raised in a small village. Her parents were both farmers. When she was 13, she left home to train with a group known as the Kuroko.

She learned much while she trained with them. She graduated top of her class. It is here that she met Zavi. Silva graduated two years before Zavi left the group.

After graduating, she took on several jobs, honing her skills even more. She became a good mercenary.

Other Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    Here's another one of Vulion's wonderful drawings, this one of Silva.
    Spoiler
    Show

And Silva done by Kurien.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by KerfuffleMach2; 2014-06-20 at 09:13 PM.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

9. - Top - End - #39

Name: Zavi and Ivaz
    Hair: (Zavi) Black, hangs straight down, just past her shoulders. (Ivaz) Blond to the point of almost being white, cut very short
    Eyes: (Zavi) Brown (Ivaz) Lighter brown, almost hazel

Zavi -- Ivaz
    Looks
    Spoiler
    Show
    Zavi is slightly lanky; tall with a lean build. The fact that she tends to wear a black duster doesn't help. Besides the duster, she wear hiking boots, dark jeans, and a black long sleeve shirt. When her arms are exposed, it's easy to see that she works out.

Her eyes make her look like she's analyzing everything. Which she is. She doesn't wear any makeup. Her face is kind of pointed, slightly giving the impression of a hawk.

Ivaz is very different. She's about the same height as Zavi, but she has a full figure. She wears black leather boots that go halfway up her calves, fishnet stockings, a plaid miniskirt, and a white button-down shirt, with only one button done. The one right between her breasts. She also wears black half gloves.

Ivaz has a brighter face, and she's usually smiling. However, it isn't a friendly smile, so much as a demented one.

Weapons
    Spoiler
    Show
    Zavi carries a pair of Desert Eagles. She is extremely talented with them. She won several sniping competitions in her time with the Kuroko, just using those.

Ivaz uses several different weapons, most of which she doesn't carry. She has a huge store of weapons in a hidden location.. When getting ready for battle, she simply reaches into a shadow and pulls out a weapon. What she uses can range from a dagger to a poleax to an RPG. And she is fairly skilled at all of them.

Recently, Ivaz gained a unique pair of small SMGs. They can fire bursts of lightning rapidly, but they need to recharge if fired for too long. They can also be charged up and overloaded, causing a fiery burst at the end of the barrel. This burst also creates a powerful illusion spell that causes terrifying images to burn into the target's retinas.

The guns can also talk. Their attitudes are a bit uptight and fairly cruel. They enjoy playing mind games. The one on her right speaks with a male voice and is named Epet. The one on her left has a female voice and is named Calypso.

Personality
    Spoiler
    Show
    Zavi is often cold to people. She has absolutely no qualms about taking lives. At all. She prefers being left alone, unless she wants something.

Ivaz seems to be happy all the time. She is very sadistic, and loves toying with people. She'd rather not kill, simply because she can have more fun torturing.

Abilities
    Spoiler
    Show
    Both women are Shadow Bases. They can move shadows a little, but their main ability is to be able to move from one shadow to another.

Backstory
    Spoiler
    Show
    Zavi and Ivaz are twins. Their parents were both Life Bases, and they took that a little further than most. They figured out how to connect two people's life forces. They used it on themselves, and their twin daughters. Which meant that if one died, so would the other. They hoped this would help bring the sisters closer together as they grew up.

But, things didn't work out that way.

Ivaz was sadistic from the time she knew how to be. Once she figured out that Zavi could feel what she felt, she would randomly hurt herself, just so Zavi would hurt, too. This drove Zavi nuts. She starting hating Ivaz, and her parents for doing this to them.

When the twins were twelve, their parents signed them up for the Kuroko. The Kuroko is a group who trains and uses mercenaries and assassins. Those remain the top jobs around.

The Kuroko noticed that sadistic tendencies of Ivaz. And they noticed how Zavi had developed the ability to simply drown her surroundings out. They saw the potential of the twins.

When they were sixteen, Zavi had enough. She no longer felt the need to be under the control of the Kuroko. So, she left. And, for good measure, she gave away valuable information about the Kuroko. That got them mad.

Zavi's parents tried to get her to go back and apologize to the Kuroko. Zavi couldn't understand their reasoning, and still hated them for the spirit bonding stuff. She ended up killing them both. Then she took off to survive on her own.

Meanwhile, Ivaz stayed with the Kuroko and flourished. She rose to take one of the top spots of the intelligence department. She was in charge of gathering info from any prisoners they took. She always got results, and they never questioned her as to how she did it.

Other Stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A drawing of Ivaz I did, with her favorite weapon.

A version drawn by Crocface on Deviant Art, colored by me.

Spoiler
    Show

And a version of her provided by Darklord Bright.

Also, her theme song.
    Last edited by KerfuffleMach2; 2018-09-09 at 05:31 PM.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

10. - Top - End - #40

Zaydon is now dead. He will be referenced fairly often in the near future, so I'm keeping his post up.

I like smacking things.
    So we have seen.
    Shut up.

Name: Zaydon Hau
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Weight: 210 lbs.
    Hair: Brown, fluffed out
    Eyes: Brown, yellow when enraged

Looks
    Spoiler
    Show
    He is very tall and skinny, standing at about 6' 3". His hair looks like he was hit by lightning. Tends to wear long pants and long sleeve shirts, to make it easier to hide his knives. He wears very large hiking boots. He has two different gloves on. His right hand is covered by a very large leather work glove. This gives him a better grip on his sword. His left hand is covered by a thin 3/4 length glove. This gives him extra grip on his palm, but still allows him to use his fingertips when necessary.

Weapons
    Spoiler
    Show
    A set of throwing knives that seems to never run out, and are specially designed, a large pocket knife, and a broadsword with a lightning spirit trapped within.

The trowing knives are hidden everywhere, so he can throw them from any position. He is extremely fast at the knives, able to throw them before most people will even notice he moved.

The sword sort of resembles a cross between a broadsword and a buster sword. The longer edge is serrated.

He doesn't have a sheath for the sword. Instead, he has a metal plate strapped to his back, and he magnetically attaches the sword to it.

Personality
    Spoiler
    Show
    He is the type of guy that loves to take charge of anything. He laughs easy and is a prankster. He is a loud talker. Likes showing off. He has a very high tolerance for poison, and he heals very quickly. He people skills are not that great, but he is always ready to talk to someone new.

He is lightning base, giving him many electric and magnetic abilities.

The sword is an item that he obtained from his father, before he started his life of crime. It is the only thing he has of his father's.

The sword was the former resting place of the Lightning Base Spirit, Ysta.

Having traveled a lot, and having been shunned almost as much, he spent much of his time in the wilderness. As such, he is well learned in the ways of wilderness survival. He also has pretty good knowledge of herbs and such.

Backstory
    Spoiler
    Show
    At first, Zaydon had a nice, quiet life. Till he was 14. That's when something changed in his father. He started murdering and stealing for money. Of course, Zaydon had no knowledge of this. After awhile, his mother discovered it though.

One night, she confronted his father about it. Zaydon never heard from her again. He doesn't know what happened. He just remembers walking into the kitchen and finding her medallion on the table, it's chain broken.

He left home then, doing odd jobs along the way. He picked up on sevral fighting techniques, including knife usage.

Unknown to him, Zaydon is a direct descendant of Pryce the Archangel.

Opie
    Spoiler
    Show
    Opie is a blue ferret that is now Zaydon's pet. He is intelligent, but he can't speak. At least, he can't speak common. Anybody who can communicate with animals or telepathically would be able to talk with him. Otherwise, he just squeaks. He will talk in this color, since he's a blue ferret.

Opie is very hyper and curious. When bored, he will run around. A lot. He doesn't do any fighting, except maybe some defensive biting.

He is pretty in tune with how people are feeling, and will snuggle anyone who's sad.

Zaydon got him from Kigg.

The Spirits:
    Spoiler
    Show
    At this point in time, the ten Base Spirits are bound to Zaydon. He can telepathically communicate with them, and they can communicate with anybody else that possesses telepathic abilities.

Having all ten of the Spirits, Zaydon is able to use abilities from all ten Bases.

The spirits can take control of Zaydon if they wish. However, this only last for a short while. Then Zaydon passes out.

Zaydon currently works for the police force of Town.

Zaydon has built himself a cabin in the woods, not far from the edge of Town.

Other Stuff.

Spoiler
    Show
    Here's some sketches of Zaydon's stuff: his gloves, his knives, the medallion he wears, and the shoulder brace/harness.
    Spoiler
    Show

This is a version drawn by Vulion, who is one these forums. I must say, pure awesomeness.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by KerfuffleMach2; 2014-06-20 at 09:11 PM.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

11. - Top - End - #41

Name: Krystal Jones
    Alias: Crystalline
    Height: 5'1"
    Eyes: White
    Hair: White

Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Krystal is kind of on the small side. Her eyes have no pupils at all. Just pure white. Her hair is cut short, with her bangs hanging past her left eye. Her hair is very rigid. Because instead of hair, it is actually fine crystals. They kind of resemble fiber optic cables.

She wears white sneakers, blue jeans, a red tank top, and a blue jacket. She also wears a necklace with a small opal in it.

There is a small amount of scaring on her elbows, wrists, knees, and shoulders. This is a result of repeatedly pulling crystals out of herself. Her healing ability isn't enough to completely erase scars.

Mutation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Her bones, instead of being mostly comprised of calcium, are made of carbon. Structured pretty much the same as diamonds. She can extend and retract her bones at will. Extending them also causes them to become pointed. This allows her to create diamond-like spikes out of her joints. The bones can extend to become twice their normal length. Once they reach that, they snap off in the middle, before growing again. As such, Krystal can actually pull out these spikes and use them as weapons, whether melee or ranged.

Side effects:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She can, at times, produce crystals by accident. Like when she gets surprised. Or sneezes really hard. Usually results in her looking kind of like a porcupine. But, once in a while, they can shoot straight out, causing much accidental damage.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She is usually playful, and usually in a good mood. She's a little bit of a trouble maker, since she likes to find fun things to do. She gets along with people most of the time. She is also fond of banter during fights. Especially one liners.

Coming from the Marvel universe, Krystal grew up watching and reading about the exploits of many heroes, including the X-Men and the Avengers. She always dreamed of one day becoming a hero. So, naturally, when her mutation revealed itself, she decided to do everything she could to become a hero.

Other Stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Krystal has gotten into sculpting. Specifically using her crystals as both the tools and the medium.
    Last edited by KerfuffleMach2; 2018-09-09 at 05:28 PM.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

12. - Top - End - #42
    Banned

Nimai, Golden Child
    aka
    Magical Princess Kirana

Race: Solar Half-Caste (Human)
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Class: Magical Girl
    Power Rating: 4 (Essence 3)
    Description:

Backstory: Nimai was born in the midst of the Time of Tumult to Surely-Refulgent Anshu, a Zenith-caste Solar, and Cerise of the Rose's Thorn, a No Moon Lunar. Prior to her birth, her parents' circle had seized the Sword of Creation and used it to expel the Second Balorian Crusade and threaten the Realm and the Immaculate Order into submission, and although she never doubted that both her parents loved her, her father's responsibilities meant that she saw much less of him than her mother. Hearing tales of his heroism (and his regard for others who were heroic), she ran away to do some heroing, and somehow ended up in the Nexus.
    Catchphrases and Attack Names:
    • I am the champion of beauty and justice, the light that burns away the darkness! I am Magical Princess Kirana, and in the name of the Sun, I will punish you!
    • Sun Sceptre Attack
    • Sun Sceptre Beam
    • Sun Sceptre Blade
    • Sun Power Escalation

Theme Song: Moonlight Densetsu
    Last edited by Lord Iames Osari; 2010-08-25 at 05:31 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43

I wish to end the war of my people.

Name: Runner
    Race: Autobot
    Alignment: Chaotic good
    Class: scout
    Affinity: GLOG
    Weight: When he is in his robot form, probably at least a ton.
    Height: In his robot form, about 12 feet high.
    Hair: Nope. None.
    Eyes: The look and act a little like camera lenses. But they are not black. They are blue.

Looks
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, in his robot form, he is a twelve foot tall robotic being. He looks somewhat human in shape. And by that I mean he has two arms, two legs, and a head. His weapons are part of him, which means that when he's using them, you will see them. When they are not in use, you will not see them. He has two large metal spikes on his shoulders. They are spikes in the sense that they protrude out of his shoulders, right where the arm meets the shoulder. They are not round or pointed. They are flat and a little blade like. His body is silver in color. Some of the parts on him resemble whatever he last transformed into. So, if he was a car, parts of him will resemble the car. If he was a stereo, parts of him will resemble the stereo.

When he is transformed, he will look exactly like whatever he transformed into. See below for a better explanation.

Equipment
    Spoiler
    Show
    He carries nothing. Everything he needs is part of him.

Weapons
    Spoiler
    Show
    He has several guns, as well as a small sword. Well, small for him. The sword is probably about five feet long. His guns include machine guns, rockets, grenades, and several different types of beam weapons. He will also have an extra weapon at times, depending on what he last transformed into. If he was a helicopter, then he will have a spinning blade on his hand.

Personality
    Spoiler
    Show
    Being a scout, he is very cautious. Especially around new things. Once he has gotten to know someone, he is a very friendly guy. He also has a very strong sense of duty, loyalty, and responsibility.

He talks in a somewhat low, metallic voice. It will also be blue.

Backstory
    Spoiler
    Show
    He originated from the planet Cybertron. The planet was created by an object called the All Spark. The All Spark is a huge cube, approximately 100 yards in height, width, and depth. The All Spark also created all life on his planet. These beings are living machines.

The All Spark held immense power. As such, many wanted to use it for evil purposes. This group were known as the Decepticons. Their leader was Megatron.

There was also a group that fought to keep the All Spark from the Decepticons. This group was called the Autobots. Their leader was Optimus Prime.

The battle between the Decepticons and the Autobots lasted for centuries, anding with the destruction of the planet. The All Spark was lost to space, and the surviving Decepticons and Autobots searched the universe for it.

Because of the size of the universe, most of the Autobots were separated. As such, Runner is probably the only Autobot to show up in the planet that holds the Town. He is a scout, so his mission is to find as much information as he can about the location of the All Spark. He is also to remain hidden as long as he can.

Unlike most of his race, Runner has the ability to transform into many things. Most of his race can really only transform into one or two things.

Abilities
    Spoiler
    Show
    As stated, he can transform into an object. There are some limits to this ability. First off, he has to see and scan the object. Second, there is a size limit. The smallest thing he can transform into is a stereo set or a jukebox. The largest is a small helicopter.

He is shielded against most small weapons, like machine guns, pistols, rifles, shotguns, swords. Large caliber round will damage him, though.

He is vulnerable to cold. By cold, I mean well below freezing. Electricity greatly affects him as well. High intense heat blasts will melt through his metal.

Transformations
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is a list of the things he can transform into as of now.

ATV
    Small helicopter
    Motorcycle
    Jukebox
    Large spotlight

Other Stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Finally got a drawing of him done. Post-helicopter mode.
    Last edited by KerfuffleMach2; 2011-01-19 at 07:47 PM.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

14. - Top - End - #44
    Banned

Surely-Refulgent Anshu, Most Enlightened Master

Race: Zenith-Caste Solar (Human)
    Age: 41 (34 in Exalted years; appears to be in his mid-20s)
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Class: Warrior Priest
    Power Rating: 8 (Essence 6)
    Description:
    Backstory: The enlightened mortal Immaculate monk called Little Dragon took his Second Breath after becoming the last survivor of a Wyld Hunt. After spending some time with trainers from the Gold Faction, he began calling himself Anshu and took a cluster of farm villages under his protection. Pursuing slavers after a raid on those villages led to a meeting with his Lunar mate and a group of other Celestial Exalts. As the Mask of Winters moved to cement his control over the East, attacking Nexus, Great Forks, and Greyfalls before laying siege to Lookshy, Anshu and his circlemates led survivors to Denandsor, where they broke the ancient curse keeping people from dwelling in the city. Then, with the forces of the Wyld fast approaching, they seized the Imperial Manse, threw out the invading Fae, and began taking control of Creation.
    Theme Song: Origa - Rise (Lyrics)

15. - Top - End - #45

((Still not sure why, but hey, why not?))

Name: Talia Josephine Wagner
    Alias: Nocturne
    Race: 3/4 Mutant, 1/4 Neyaphem
    Alignment: Good

Looks:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She stands at 5' 7" and weighs 125 lbs. She has a slightly athletic build. Her skin is covered in short, blue fur. She has shoulder length, dark blue hair, with the bangs dyed blond. Her ears are pointed, and she has yellow, pupil-less eyes. Each hand has two fingers and a thumb. Each foot has two toes on the front, and one on the back. She also has a prehensile tail that ends in an arrowhead shape.

She wears tall black boots, black cargo pants, a brown belt, a white tube top, a red hoodie, open, and black leather bracers on her forearms.

A pic of her, sans the tail. Not done by me.
    Spoiler
    Show

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Very easy going and fun loving. Some have called her a "free spirit".

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Talia has agility and reflexes far greater than a normal person. She can also see infrared light, allowing her to have night vision. Like her father, she can climb any surface, thanks to micro suction discs on her hands and feet.

She has a basic form of telepathy, allowing her to reads thoughts.

She can create small spheres of energy that, when they detonate, disrupt objects on a molecular level.

She can also possess somebody for up to twelve hours. Once she leaves a person, the victim is often dazed, and can sometimes go into a coma that will last 24 hours. She can only possess one person every 24 hours.

Backstory:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Talia comes from an alternate reality, where she is the daughter of Kurt Wagner (Nightcrawler) and Wanda Maximoff (Scarlet Witch). She was a member of that reality's X-Men, which was led by Wolverine and Nightcrawler.

She joined a team called the Exiles, which was a team who traveled to different realities, fixing mistakes that would otherwise destroy that time line.

After some time with them, she came to stay in a different reality than her own. There, she met a younger version of her father. She also joined a team called New Excalibur.

Neyaphem:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Neyaphem are an ancient race of mutants, hailing from biblical times. Their leader is named Azazel, who happens to be Talia's grandfather.

The Neyaphem reside in what is called the Brimstone Dimension. It is through this dimension that Nightcrawler travels when he teleports, and this dimension also provides the explosive energy of Talia's energy spheres.

Most Neyaphem have a similar appearance, one that is shared by Nightcrawler and Talia.

They were exiled to the Brimstone Dimension by the Cheyarafim, a group of angelic mutants from the same era.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

16. - Top - End - #46

...and how is that helping me?

Name: The Demon Queen of Moving All Through the Outreaching of Her Will (Demon Queen for short)
    Former Name: Zel
    Race: Human, Abyssal Exalted, also has a demon trapped inside her
    Base: Kinetic

Looks:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Zel stands at 5'5". She has short white hair that is swept back. Her skin is slightly pale. She has a slightly rounded face and red eyes. She usually has a smirk, and usually has a looks that says she thinks she's better than you. She has an athletic build. She wears black hiking shoes, dark blue jeans, a white t-shirt, black leather half-gloves, and a black leather jacket. She has a white belt that hangs from only one loop on her jeans. Her wrists have a couple of large bracelets on them.

The front of her jacket has four pockets, and there are two more on her shoulders. Her pants also have a similar pocket on each side. The pockets have a snap-shut flap on them, which has a small chain going from the flap back to the jacket/pants. On the back of her jacket, three straps with snaps hold her main weapon in place, a large bladed ring.

In the middle of her chest there is an onyx stone with a red swirl on it. This comes from a cursed necklace she came across, which turned her into a demon. She wasn't able to get the curse fully removed, and the stone of the necklace is fused with her chest.

Recently, Zel became an Abyssal Exalted. Among other things, her physical appearance has changed. Her once gray eyes are now red, and the formerly white swirl on the onyx stone has also become red. Also, the symbol for Abyssal Exalted will appear on her forehead at times, usually bleeding. The symbol is a black sunburst,

A version of her by Miss Nobody, who is awesomeness.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bigger version of the stick avatar.
    Spoiler
    Show

Weapons:
    Spoiler
    Show
    With Zel being Kinetic Base, her weapons are ranged, and she does not touch them.

The pockets on her jacket contain steel sphere the size of marbles. She uses her abilities to send the spheres flying at her targets.

Her main weapon is a bladed ring about the size of a steering wheel, which is held on the back of her jacket. She also uses her abilities to wield this.

She recently purchased a belt of throwing knives, which she wears opposite her normal belt, so they form an x.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Zel is kind of laid back. She can be a tease when she wants. She likes messing with people.

She can be quick to violence. Part of that is because of her past.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She is Kinetic Base, with Kinetic being short for telekinetic. How well she can move things depends on a lot of stuff, like how much matter she's moving, speed, how much energy she has left, if anything else is distracting her, etc.

She uses her abilities both offensively and defensively.

She is also fairly well fit, physically. She can easily hold her own in a fist fight.

Because of the stone still fused to her chest, Zel can sometimes go into demon form. She has no control over the change, which seems to be triggered by fear and anger. Her demonic form resembles a dragon-jungle cat hybrid, complete with scales, wings, and claws. Her head remains mostly human, but covered in scales. The scales look like black leather. In her demon form, her weapons are a part of her. They are able to be pulled from her and used, then put back into her. She cannot speak in demon form.

With her recent Exaltation, Zel has gained more abilities. Her Kinetic abilities have definitely strengthened, as have her physical attributes. Yet, these come with a price. She has a growing disliking of anything living, preferring to spend most of her time in the Misspelled Cemetary now. She gets these strong urges to kill, which she funnels into killing any thugs she finds in the slums. And when she has killed, she can't help herself. She has to drink some of the blood.

Backstory:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Currently being told in the Stories thread.

Part 1
    Part 2
    Part 3
    Part 4

[Current Events]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Between the demon stone and the Exaltation, Zel knows that she is in danger of losing herself. She still tries to keep control. She hasn't had the demon take over in a while. Not since her Exaltation, at least. And the killing urges she gets have been directed into a more constructive use. Cleaning up the slums.

But she feels the influence of each getting stronger, warring with each other. She knows it's only a matter of time before one wins. And she's scared of that. Terrified. She'll do whatever it takes to stay alive, and in control.

Random Info:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Zel loves tacos.

She hates cheesy pickup lines.

She is bisexual.

She once used her abilities to fight a guy wielding a sword. All she used was her fists. She won.
    Last edited by KerfuffleMach2; 2014-06-20 at 09:13 PM.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

17. - Top - End - #47
    Banned

Maralah, Grandchosen of Oblivion
    aka
    Magical Princess Tamesis

Race: Abyssal Half-Caste (Human)
    Class: Magical Girl
    Power Rating: 4 (Essence 3)
    Description:
    Backstory: Maralah was pulled from Anshu's mind by the nightmare powers, his vision of what Nimai could have been had Ebon Mirror's essence overcome his in the womb. After spending most of her time serving Ebon Mirror, she has been redeemed and been adopted by Anshu and Cerise as Nimai's twin.
    Catchphrases and Attack Names:
    • I am the champion of peace and enlightenment, the soothing love after painful solitude. I am Magical Princess Tamesis!

Theme Song: Bring Me To Life
    Last edited by Lord Iames Osari; 2010-08-25 at 05:32 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Banned

The Most Secret Ebon Mirror

Race: Midnight-Caste Abyssal (Human)
    Age: 41 (34 in Exalted years; appears to be in his mid-20s)
    Class: Warrior Priest
    Power Rating: 8 (Essence 5)
    Description:
    Backstory: Ebon Mirror is an alternate version of Anshu, born from the moment of contact between the Solar's mind and the minds of the Neverborn, dead but dreaming world-creating titans clogging the drain of the cosmic reincarnation system. He was recently drawn out of Anshu's mind by the nightmare powers and is planning to run amok.
    Theme Song: Omaera Zenin Moete Shimaetsu!!!/All You Bastards, Get Fired Up!!!
    Minions:
    Commando/Ninja Zombie
    Spoiler
    Show

War Ghoul
    Spoiler
    Show

Ebon Mirror's Mecha Form:
    Spoiler
    Show

With long, flowing mecha-hair instead of a tail and a horn
    Last edited by Lord Iames Osari; 2010-10-09 at 02:40 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Banned

Lyrak Serlayn
    liræk sɚlen

Alignment: NG
    Class: Psion (Seer)/Cleric
    Power Rating: 6
    Description:
    • Height: 5'9"
    • Weight: 175lb.
    • Eyes: Blue
    • Hair: Light Brown

[Backstory]
    Lyrak was born and raised in the Town as an NPC seer, the child of a moderately famous treasure-seeker and a woman notable only for her largely dormant psychic gifts. After his father disappeared while on an expedition, he supported his mother by learning to use his clairvoyant abilities with growing precision. He attained PC-hood in his late teens, becoming Iames's first cleric and fanboy. Events later cured him of his off-putting fanboyishness, but his faith in Iames remains strong.

[Common Knowledge]
    Lyrak runs the Temple of Iames, and is married to Tehanu. His psicrystal, also his holy symbol, is called Sagas, who speaks in medium turquoise.

Hojyn's Pistol
    Lyrak is the wielder of Hojyn's Pistol, a flintlock pistol that was first wielded by a human adventurer named Hojyn, one of Iames's close friends. When Hojyn dided, he bequeathed his pistol to Iames, who then passed it on to Lyrak after infusing it with his love for and memories of Hojyn, granting it extraordinary powers, like the ability to fire without needing to be reloaded.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Banned

Shanghai Killigrew

Race: Half Elf
    Class (or approximation): Pirate Captain
    Power Rating: 4
    Description:

Equipment and Abilities: Shanghai is a keen shot with a pistol and a fierce duelist with her unusual cutlass. She recently aquired an airship, which has been named Magnificent Firebird.

Spoiler
    Show
    The airship is not in fact a zeppelin or similar, but a rather strange, obviously magical construct. It appears to have a rather conventional hull, like on you might find on a small ship, but there's no sail. Rather, attached to the sides of the hull, towards the back, are a pair of hoops. The hoops are buffered portals to the Elemental Plane of Air, allowing the pilot to control exactly how much air is flowing through at any point. The hoops are built onto flexible joints, allowing the pilot to direct the airflow and steer the ship. There are four similar, but much smaller, buffered portals to the Elemental Plane of Fire, serving as weapons: two on the bow, and one each on the port and starboard sides. The hull itself is completely smooth, as if it were carved out of one enormous tree.

The does not need landing gear, magically keeping itself upright on whatever surface it lands on. A small sigil on the hull can be touched, making a portion of the hull slide outwards, allowing entrance.

The interior of the ship is rather spartan: towards the bow are three cabins, one twice the size of the other two, and a meeting room. Aft is a modest kitchen, a head, and then an enormous cargo area. Above decks is equally spartan: no ropes, no beams, nothing you might find on a conventional ship.

It's not completely flat, however: like on a normal ship, there are raised areas fore and aft. Unusually, however, these seem to be made of super-hard glass. The aft room is ten feet square, and contains a comfortable-looking seat. Sitting in the chair, one sudenly feels as if they've grown six extra limbs: the portals that serve as the ship's propulsion and weapons.

Backstory: None as of yet.
    Theme Song: None as of yet.
    Last edited by Lord Iames Osari; 2010-08-27 at 11:53 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Banned

Cerise of the Rose's Thorn

Race: No Moon Caste Lunar (Human)
    Class: Sorceress and Necromancer
    Power Rating: 8 (Essence 6)
    Description:
    Backstory: Cerise is Anshu's bondmate and wife. She is the more caring of the two, and shows her gentle side more easily than her husband. She acts as his deputy and proxy in the Celestial Deliberative and its ministries when matters take him away, and she is deeply involved in magical research. Though she remembers much of her shard's previous incarnations, she has no memory of her life as a mortal.

She has also been a Lunar much longer than many would suspect, given the timing of the death of Anshu's prior bondmate, Salamander, and she has no memories of Salamander's life. Nonetheless, the bond between her and Anshu is genuine, and Heaven's records maintain that she is his bondmate. The confusion is believed by the few who know of it to be the result of the chaos wreaked on the Loom of Fate during the period of crisis a decade ago.
    Last edited by Lord Iames Osari; 2010-08-19 at 01:31 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Banned

The Celestial Deliberative (Faction)

The Celestial Deliberative is the government of an alternate future Creation; it has only recently and tenuously come into contact with the Nexus. It has no single leader; rather it is run by two great legislative bodies, the Celestial and Terrestrial Deliberatives, and a variety of bureaucratic agencies.

It has an Embassy in the middle of Outside.

Notable Agencies
    • The Immaculate Order
      Spoiler
      Show
      The Immaculate Order has changed in some significant ways - most notably, the way it defines Anathema and how they are to be dealt with - but in most other respects it remains as it was before, encouraging veneration of the Exalted host while maintaining a schedule of worship that pays the gods for their work, and providing a corps of trained Essence-users to pummel misbehaving divinities into submission.

• Notable Members of the Immaculate Order
        • Master Surely-Refulgent Anshu (Zenith-Caste Solar, Monk of the 5th Coil)
          Spoiler
          Show

"Most Enlightened Master"
        • Master Vasanti Anila (Wood Aspect Terrestrial, Monk of the 4th Coil)
          Spoiler
          Show

"Most Enlightened Master"
        • Honored Hidden Currents of the Black Sea (Water Aspect Terrestrial, Monk of the 3rd Coil)
          Spoiler
          Show

"Honored One"
    • The Bureau of Destiny
      Spoiler
      Show
      Though the Bureau of Destiny is technically part of the Celestial Bureaucracy in Heaven, the Sidereal Exalts who assist in running it are also subject to the authority of the Celestial Deliberative.

• Notable Members of the Bureau of Destiny
        • Blue Illumination of Exceptional Jubilation (Sidereal Chosen of Serenity)
          Spoiler
          Show

(No Title)
    • The Sky Fleet
      Spoiler
      Show
      The Sky Fleet is the aerial division of the Celestial Deliberative's navy.

• Notable Ships and Units
        • CDS Defiance in the Night
          Spoiler
          Show
          The Defiance in the Night is a Kireeki-class skyreme, a vessel 300 feet long and shaped like an enormous orca whale made of steel and jade alloy. Its tail forks into massive, bulbous magitech turbines, clustered in stacks of two each port and starboard. Stabilizing fins set at angles to each side and pointed slightly ventrally end in numerous weapons turrets, while a single deckhouse rising from the dorsal deck terminates in the ship’s bridge. A slender ventral fin holds further weapons turrets and a small observation deck.
        • CDS Soryu
          Spoiler
          Show
          The Soryu is a Kireeki-class skyreme like the Defiance. She is captained by Peleps Najalin Adamaris.
        • Shooting Star Sky Fang
          • Hurricane-class Variable Common Warstrider
            Spoiler
            Show
            This blue jade warstrider has a slender, streamlined construction, with wings folded neatly on its back. The long, sloping adamant helm/entry hatch extends well down the fuselage and cannot rotate, but nonetheless provides the pilot with a 360º visual field. When in "bird" mode, the legs and arms fold up under the deployed wings, holding the Elsewhere stutter cannon along the centerline of the warstrider, and the pilot reclines in the helm, using the harness to direct the 'strider's flight and fire the cannon.

Elsewhere Stutter Cannon
            These rapid-firing weapons fire bursts of coin-sized Essence vortices at high speeds, but the vortices quickly lose cohesion and dissipate. When the vortices come into contact with a solid object, they transport however much of the object they touched into Elsewhere. These "bits" can be retrieved from Elsewhere via a chute at the rear of the weapon for post-mission analysis or other uses.
          • Siran Bhavna, the Crimson Meteor
            Spoiler
            Show

Sky Winglord, Chosen of Battles
          • Cathak Jonan
            Spoiler
            Show

Fire Aspect
          • Leaping Tiger
            Spoiler
            Show

Full Moon Caste
          • Penitent Wind Bearing Ash Like Snow
            Spoiler
            Show

Day Caste
          • Glorious Prototype for Reunion
            Spoiler
            Show

Orichalcum Caste (Click image for non-disguise picture)

((This description is purposefully incomplete. More information will be added as it becomes relevant and necessary))
    Last edited by Lord Iames Osari; 2010-10-01 at 11:24 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Barbarian in the Playground

Eternal Drifter

Also known as: Drifter, Sir Drifter
    Human Male
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Class/Profession: Wizard/Cleric with a job as a librarian.
    Description: Eternal Drifter (or just “Drifter” for short) is a human male a little more than 6 feet tall, blonde hair, blue eyes, with a bright colored outfit. He has a book and a card box attached to his belt, and he carries a quarterstaff.
    Personality: Mostly easygoing, but highly protective of his books. You don't want to cause damage to his books.
    Power Rating: D+ or 3

Abilities: Drifter can cast a few spells of low power, but combat is not his thing. Healing and defending, mainly, with Sleep his primary offensive spell. He knows he has the Grimore as his spellbook, but he can’t figure out how to use its power to his advantage… and the book has ruined him occasonally.

Equipment: Spellbook, Spell component pouch, Golden Holy Symbol, Card Box, Mastwork Quarterstaff, Bookbag, 5 sunrods, 2 Inkpens, 1 Signal Whistle

Lore Grimore: The ultimate book of magic, it is currently dormant… but still able to be used, and starting to awaken. No matter how many pages are filled with spells, there is always room for more spells. If it activates, it has a mind of it’s own, and can change things in the world with just a thought. Drifter is trying to relocate this book.

Languages Known: Basic (Star Wars)/Common (DND)/English, Abyssal, Celestial, Infernal

Story thus far: When looking through a scrying device, Drifter was pushed into it by his spellbook. He landed in front of Trog's Tavern, and after learning about the area and learning it's present state, he went to build a library across from Trog's. He built it with many donations, and now spends most of his time sleeping in his library. It has taken a toll, however; one magical book he was supposed to be watching slipped away during a snooze, and he's been worried about it since.
    Last edited by Eternal Drifter; 2010-10-09 at 01:31 AM. Reason: Nexus Templete Application
    Normal avatar by Darwin. Many thanks!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    Along with your avatar, your class is the bard.
    Indeed it is, now that I think about it. Bard in the Playground

From Murska's City: Eternally Unlucky

Retired Werewolfer

24. - Top - End - #54
    Halfling in the Playground

MY CHARACTERS

Jack AL'Athor
    Spoiler
    Show

Race: Human/Celestial

Class: Farmer, oh yes indeed...

Appearance: Nothing too spectacular, just a simple young boy only about 19 or 20 Brown hair, stocky build (from all that plowing) green eyes slightly tan skin, and just some normal clothes. As said nothing too special simple threads.

Equipment: Simple traveling goods, a decent wallet from selling crops... Never got a chance to give that money back home...

Backstory: Jack was a simple farmer with a father with a pretty shady backround, never meant anything to the woman he fell in love with, eventually they settled down into a farm and had Jack and his older sister Serenity. As it turns out Jack's father was a celestial, and passed it on to Jack, whether it passed on to Serenity as well Jack will never know. Eventually one day bandits had attacked his home town and killed his mother and everyone there his father and Serenity were MIA. Jack was not there at the time, after running into some bandits on the way home and after being put into extreme emotional trauma had figured out he was celestial. He returned to Town nowhere else to go and no longer can do anything about what happened.

Jaya Balleron
    Spoiler
    Show

Race: Drow (Dark Elf)

Class: Ranger

Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show

Equipment: Traveling gear, magical bow, plently of arrows, a longsword, two daggers and several throwing daggers.

Backround: Jaya used to live in the underdark with her family, she had lived as a simple peasant until her parents were tried for treason against the Drow government when all they really did was be out in the streets at the wrong time and saw the wrong things. They were executed and sacrificed to the drow god Lolth. Fearing for her life and harboring resentment for the Drow people flees into the underdark. Eventually she escapes the underdark t the surface. Suffice to say she becomes a Ranger and goes around stabbing people who mess with nature.

Ravik Zarcoth
    Spoiler
    Show

Race: Demon

Class: ...I don't know, fighter?

Appearance: The 6' 3" tall demons keeps the relative look of a human. At first glance he may resemble a large human with brown hair and dark skin. It stops right about there, his skin has a reddish tint and his eyes are very red. Anyone with half a brain can tell he's a demon. Unless they don't really know what a demon is, but that's a different story all together.

Equipment: He keeps his own traveling gear with him. His normal clothes consist of a sturdy trenchcoat with a pair of brown pants that were made for travel not style. He keeps a simple mahogany shirt underneath his coat. His armnants include a demonic greatsword he wears along his back, a demonic dagger and a silver dagger. He always has a journal with him to include the documentation of his life as far as he knows.

Backstory: After death in his original life (of which Ravik has no recollection of) his soul was captured by the necromancers of Zarcoth who conscripted him into service for his demonic army. Simple to say it ended with him having a change of heart for what he was doing and defected the army and went away and decided to go around smacking around evil people who are jerks to the innocent and defenseless, while running from people who want to get him. That includes various churches, towns and Zarcoth.

More to come later...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by celtois View Post
    Squeeeeee!!!! *Huggles the penguin avatar* Oh nice to see you Bergett.

Penguin is more important then you

My avatar is also a weapon I will one day use to take over the world.(Avi by Sweet_aphrodite, well the first one was.)

25. - Top - End - #55
    Barbarian in the Playground

Somehow, I'm playing at least three different Tobiases right now. I am going to list them all here, but this one post can be simply archived under "Tobias Goswell".

Tobias Victor Vulpan

Spoiler
    Show
    Aliases: The Goddamned Tobias. The Black Fox. Theoktonos. King Tobias I.
    Race/Species: Branded (Half Beorc/Half Laguz).
    Affiliation: HALO, despite not an actual member anymore.
    Class/Profession: Druid
    Power Rating: A, based on just his powers. He has previously held his own against Higher Powers with his cunning and bag of tricks.
    Description:
    Tall, with wild red hair and some kind of birthmark on his neck, which looks like a tattoo done in red ink. The identical twin of Sam Goswell (somehow). His eyes are like a fox: dark orange iris with a vertical black slit for a pupil.
    Personality: Anywhere between happy-go-lucky and arrogant, and depressed and world-weary.
    Equipment: Wears earth-tone leather tunics, dark cloaks with several inside pockets, numerous pouches on the outside (at least one with extradimensional storage space), a few artifacts and magic items, light boots, and literally almost everything else stored in his satchel of holding. Tobias is the quintessential Boy Scout. Tobias also wears a hat with a small phoenix feather stuck in it, for the symbolism. This hat is actually a powerful artifact of some kind. It normally takes the form of a battered brown fedora, but Tobias has displayed the ability to change his clothes and his very personality when the hat magically changes into another hat. He literally "wears many hats", and can become any sort of person he needs to, depending on the job. This is not shapeshifting, so much as personality shifting, only less dramatic and rarely used.
    Abilities: He's an Epic level Druid, who uses powerful nature spells. He is very flexible and can adapt his magic to perform a specific task, such as preventing a magical gas from diffusing into his bloodstream and forcibly expelling it from his body. His Branded nature gives him a very deep well of energy to draw on for his magic, and it also gives him heightened senses and reflexes, which he uses for knife fighting.
    Backstory: One day, I'll type it all up... This is not that day. Try asking him.
    Miscellaneous: Tries to help out everybody, but is frequently depressed. He adopted a Golden Dragon and named her Aurea. He has two kids, Matt and Angela, from when Boudica stole his and Orianna's DNA to create the perfect soldier and assassin. He has another kid, Cruikshank, from when the evil demigod of rot, Jester, did something weird with his and Coria's DNA. He is a king of a small but powerful nation which can be accessed from the Nexus, but isn't part of the power struggles around here. He has fought in at least two major wars, more or less in a strategic planning capacity. He won both of them, but at great costs. He is currently married to Sept, who is probably perma-deadtimed, and as such pops in and out of the Nexus whenever his player feels like.

Toby Druid

Spoiler
    Show
    Aliases: The Black Fox. Theoktonos. Druid.
    Race/Species: Branded (Half Beorc/Half Laguz).
    Affiliation: GLoG
    Class/Profession: Druid
    Power Rating: B-
    Description: Tall, with short red hair and some kind of birthmark on his neck. The identical twin of Sam Goswell (somehow). Has sharp blue eyes that reveal his troubled mind and hints at a great many things seen. His eyes may reveal his true age, but the rest of his body looks quite young. He is skinny and of average height, physically anything but imposing. Looks like a hippie pushover until you see how confident he is with his knives and magic.
    Personality: Anywhere between happy-go-lucky and arrogant, and depressed and world-weary.
    Equipment: Wears earth-tone leather tunics, dark cloaks with several inside pockets, numerous pouches on the outside (at least one with extradimensional storage space), a few artifacts and magic items, light boots, and literally almost everything else stored in his satchel of holding. Tobias is the quintessential Boy Scout. Tobias also wears a hat with a small phoenix feather stuck in it, for the symbolism.
    Abilities: He's a powerful Druid, with strong nature spells. His magic is focused on battlefield healing, and he's something of a professional trauma surgeon, without a degree. He is very flexible and can adapt his magic to perform a specific task, such as healing a specific artery or bone. His Branded nature gives him a very deep well of energy to draw on for his magic, and it also gives him heightened senses and reflexes, which he uses for knife fighting.
    Backstory: The backstory of the main one, just less so.
    Miscellaneous: This Tobias is a Tobias from the past! He's about twenty years younger than the main one, and he joined GLoG after falling out of the Nexus. He is currently engaged to Quinn and had a daughter, Jamie, by her. He also adopted two foxchildren after talking to their newly-ghosted mom, who reminded him of his own foxwoman mother, whom he's never actually met. He is trying to come to terms with his willingness to kill people for a variety of unimportant reasons (I mean he likes to hurt people when he's bored, not that his mental self-grappling is unimportant). He views Quinn as his redeeming angel, and wants to be a Good person.

The Black Fox

Spoiler
    Show
    Frankly, I'm disappointed it took you this long.
    Last edited by FireFox; 2013-04-14 at 12:55 PM.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

26. - Top - End - #56

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins's Avatar

Because you demanded it, it's time for....

Fullbladder

Aliases: The Fullbladder; That One Goblin Guy
    Species: Goblin
    Profession: Collector of Curiosities, Spacer
    Power Rating: C-

Descrition: image by kalirush
    Fullbladder stands just over six feet tall and appears slightly overweight, with broad shoulders. He has amber eyes and green skin. He has a narrow face centred around a sizable, rather hawkish nose. His hands are large and strong.

Equipment: A particularily ordinary suit, a pack of cigarettes (with matches), an easily disguised canister of mysterious tiny eggs, a small hidden handheld energyweapon, and a bit more (to be filled in later)

Abilities: Fullbladder has some limited access to knowledge and items from other dimensions and universes. He mostly uses this to copy other people's machine designs. He is a skilled mechanic, though only noticeably when not directly observed. He sometimes exhibits the ability to produce hats from seemingly nowhere, and has some piloting ability.

Backstory: Fullbladder is a creature from another universe, to make a long, undeveloped story short. Even with universes dumped together, Fullbladder's from somehwere else. It might be an act. He makes some reference to a past as a spacer, hauling supplies and cargo from one unspecified planet to another. At many points throughout the organization's history, he has called AMEN a home or a hideout. For a time, he attempted to create a company he calls "Fullbladder Manufactoring", something he's still trying to spread rumours about. His dealings with inter-dimensional space somnetimes gives him memory trouble.

Miscellaneous: He, uh, doesn't eat people, I guess.
    Last edited by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins; 2010-06-05 at 04:36 PM.
    The above post sponsored by Fullbladder Manufacturing.
    And so begins the Age of Extinction! The Year of the Dinosaurs! And the Reign of the Predacons!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar Credit: Kalirush, Lord Herman, Stoneburr, Simius Dr. Bath, Abardam, Fayt, Keris Rain, The Extinguisher, Qwernt, Kwarkpudding, Tiffanie Lirle, Djinn in Tonic, Coplantor, Crown of Thorns, and many more
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Fullbladder's awesome.

27. - Top - End - #57

Name: Unknown
    Alias: Delta 88
    Race: Human/Cyborg
    Hair: Red, little past shoulder length
    Eyes: Left is blue, right is glowing green

Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Delta stands about 5'4", and is very thin. Most of the right half of her body is robotic, including the right side of her face. She tries to hide this by wearing black boots, dark green cargo pants, a dark blue long sleeve shirt, a gray hoodie, and black gloves. She also tries to keep her hair in front of her face as much as she can.

There is a fair amount of scarring on her torso and head, as well as the areas that metal meets skin.

The reason she goes by "Delta 88" is because that has been stamped into her right shoulder. She thinks it's an ID number, but she isn't certain.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She has most of what would be considered normal limits as far as strength and endurance go. Her robotic limbs are strong than her normal ones, and can take more abuse.

Her right eye and ear have been enhanced greatly. Her right eye is essentially a camera. It can see in infrared and ultraviolet, and has extended zoom. Her right ear has been modified to be able to pick up sounds well outside the range of human hearing, low and high. And it can hear at greater distances.

The cybernetics are inside her as well. Her metabolism is vastly improved, meaning she can go much longer without food. And she can get more from what food she does eat. Her lung efficiency is increased. Her heart can take more abuse than a normal human heart.

Even her brain has been modified. It can store much more data, and retrieve the data faster. Through connections placed in her hand, she can download info from almost any computer, and her brain can communicate with computers as well. She has a vast database on weapons already, which she can call upon by simply looking at a weapon.

Much of her robotics that are visible were made to be able to attach many things to them, such as weapons. She doesn't have any attachments.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Delta is very shy and timid. She would hardly ever fight. It'll take a while for her to warm up to somebody.

She is a very gentle and caring person.

She is cautious about revealing her robotic half. She has learned that such things are easily accepted in the Nexus, but can't help trying to hide it when she can.

She is easily scared. She has a mild case of paranoia about her.

She tries to avoid contact with anybody that looks military.

Backstory:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The world that Delta comes from is one that had recently just gotten through a long and gruesome war. The winning party, the Northwestern Alliance, started developing a new kind of weapon towards the end of the war. Cybernetic extensions on soldiers. The project was dubbed "Future Soldier". The first group of subjects were all volunteers, and consisted of simply adding robotics to the participants limbs. They came to be known as the Alphas. The strength and abilities of the Alphas helped bring an end to the war.

The N.A. government had been taken over by various military personnel, most who were involved with "Future Soldier". They felt the need to continue with the project. They simply told the public that they were preparing for when an opposition would dare try to fight them again.

The second phase involved enhancing human capabilities with cybernetics. These were the Betas. They were mostly volunteers as well; though, some war prisoners were used as early subjects. To work out the bugs, so to speak.

Seeing good results, and wanting more, the N.A. allowed the project to continue. The third phase involved enhancements to the senses and brain. The Gammas. Due to political and economic issues of the Alliance, there were many less volunteers for this phase. Subjects were pulled from various prisons.

The current phase involved combing the previous phases. The Deltas. There were no volunteers for this phase, so the government used prisoners again. Mostly people who were deemed to be "traitors to the Alliance".

Now, Delta has learned this since she had woken up in an alley near the main "Future Soldier" facility. She has learned that the facility had a mass break out mere hours before she woke up.

What she doesn't know is anything that happened to her before she became a Delta. She cannot remember any of it. She also doesn't know much about what happens outside of the facility. The staff there restricted what knowledge she was able to learn during her time there. Only things which they deemed might be needed by "Future Soldiers".

Since waking up, she has spent her time laying low, avoiding contact with people as best she can, and traveling as much as she can. She is certain that the N.A. is looking for her. And she is certain that she wants no part of the "Future Soldier" project.

Other Stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show

Her original appearance, as done by Lord Raziere.
    Last edited by KerfuffleMach2; 2014-08-17 at 08:46 PM.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

28. - Top - End - #58
    Banned

SamuraiGirl

Name: Akashi Nolor
    Race: Half Celestial Elf
    Alignment: CG
    Class (or approximation): Favored Soul/Sword Sage
    Description: Akashi is six feet tall. She is an albino. Her eyes are bright red. and her hair is pale gold. She normally wears a black and yellow Kimono, and a pair of gold chopsticks in her long hair, which hold it tied in a bun. (looks sorta like a Geisha.) She carries a Katana and a Wakazashi in her wide fabric belt. She also has a pair of white feathered wings.

Equipment and Abilities: Her swords are magical. Their main ability is that when Akashi wields them they blur out of human sight. The blades becoming invisible. Akashi also casts spells granted to her by a god or goddess she does not speak the name of. She calls her god or goddess "The Grand Dragon" Most of her spells seem to either be healing, or fire based.

Personality: Akashi is reserved and polite. She has an odd sense of humor. She likes to hide her emotions, but when some one gets close to her she allows them to see her other side. Akashi is a complete ditz with her friends. She likes to play jokes on them and make them laugh.

Back Store: Akashi has a bit of amnesia that will lift when I decide what her back story is...yes. I am lazy.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Ledaal Idari, the Promise of Endless Days

Alignment: Lawful Good
    Class (or approximation): Eclipse Caste Solar Exalted
    Description:
    [optional avatar sized image]
    Idari has brown hair, blue eyes and fair skin, and generally wears a light blue dress that's designed so that she has the maximum agility possible, while still being acceptable for negotiations- a blend between form and function. Indeed, all her clothing fits this. She generally wears an ornate brooch made out of some golden metal, with a large, black gemstone set in the center.
    Equipment and Abilities: As a Solar Exalted, Idari has a number of abilities that could be considered... superhuman. In her case, these mostly focus around social abilities, with her being a very charismatic and persuasive speaker even without her Exaltation. She is also experienced in the Mantis Style of supernatural martial arts. As an Eclipse Caste, she is also able to 'bind' promises, invoking Heaven itself as a witness to the deal, in which case anyone who breaks the terms of the agreement is under Heaven's curse. There are very few ways around this- even a god would suffer from breaking a Witnessed oath.
    Backstory: To come.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #60
    Halfling in the Playground

Dr. Adrian Rein, "The Holder of the First Seed"

Aliases:

Species: Holder

Alignment: Neutral Good-ish

Class: Plaguebringer

Power Rating: Hard to approximate with this one. Could range anywhere from C to A.

Description: Of above average height and possessed of wide shoulders, the Doctor is not too much to look at. He appears human, as most of the Holders do. Naturally, he possesses a generic white lab coat, a crisp white thing that he strives to keep perfectly clean. White gloves too.

Adrian has short, clean-cut blonde hair that he combs thoroughly. His eyes are a dirty, almost vomit-like green. His features are soft and welcoming, with a very friendly-looking face.

Personality: The Doctor is perhaps the greatest embodiment of Neutral Evil. He's not a sociopath, he has no love of mindless violence. He certainly isn't evil for evil's sake. He has the best, the simplest motivation: he is very, very selfish. If you have one of the Objects, or simply something he wants, you're going to give it to him or you're going to die. No laws, no objective system of morality will get in his way.

Besides the selfishness, Adrian is quiet, charming, and altogether rather pleasant to talk to. He's very friendly, actually, as long as you don't get in his way. He is calculating, his mindscape a set of perfectly ordered files in row upon row of cold metal cabinets. He's the kind of guy who has plans within his plans, contingencies for every occasion.

Kindness is not beyond his reach, either. And not always for manipulating people. Sometimes the Doctor feels like being nice, sometimes he simply pities the vast majority. Compared to the beings he's seen, the beings he has known, you are maggots. Maggots writhing about in accidental mudballs created by some absent God. He sees no reason for you to die before it is your time. You should thank him for being so kind: some of the other Holders would murder you for no other reason than looking at them.

Of late, the Doctor has been coming under personality changes. He's... better, now.

Equipment: Well, he always carries a fictional doctor's kit with him. First aid, a stethoscope, various cutting implements, all that good stuff. Not that he gets a lot of use out of it, but creepy guys with suitcases (especially a white one) always look cool. Along with that, of course, he has the white jacket and gloves. And a powerful looking pistol, also hidden in the suitcase.

Abilities: Nothing beyond that of a human. Years of medical experience.

Backstory: He was a doctor who moved around a lot. He helped people. His wife Maricyl, a victim of some unknown, cancer-like disease, became pregnant. He worked and worked to save her, but his efforts were for naught. Not a cure could be found, and not even magical healers were able to help.

This is when Adrian found out about the Objects. Strange, unfathomably ancient items created by some long-lost, deeply dreaded being. It is said that the Objects grant certain... abilities. That there were 2538, but 2000 were lost. It is said that if they ever came together, an eternity in Hell would be a better alternative to what would come. Whole universes would come to an end.

Adrian only wanted the abilities. He heard that a certain item related to the Objects, something called Dargaia's nectar, could give one the ability to heal any wound, purge any disease. He travelled in desperation to find the nectar. He became a Seeker of the Object, one of the foolish few who sought these mind-wrenching items. He was forced to the darkest corners of the Nexus to gain his prize, but he found it. The lifeblood of Dargaia was his. And as he had been instructed by long-abandoned tomes and underworld rumors, he consumed it.

He came back to find his wife had already passed away. Along with her unborn child. Even as he was stricken with grief, he began to change. To mutate, mostly in minor ways. His body created things, grew things, abominations best left undescribed. A seed of Dargaia, strange monsters, and finally... Object 448.

And so he became a Holder, gaining the Object's granted abilities as they were described above. Holders were meant to guard the Objects, and as his tomes said, he buried the Object. He buried it with his wife, at their cottage in Outside.

It spread, and grew into a disgusting tree of monstrous proportions, turning the surrounding landscape into a grey wasteland of death and festering rot. And with it came his eternal health.

Now, as he goes about his business Seeking the other Objects (for reasons he has not disclosed), something is growing inside the tree of Object 448. He thinks he knows what it is. It is something unnatural... something created by the Object, a side affect of burying it with his wife.

It is his daughter.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2011-03-28 at 09:35 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters