Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Nexus Character Directory

Alizé / Ashna Nerei

Race: Human
    Alignment: White/Lawful Neutral
    Class: Paladin
    Power Rating: B
    Description:
    Tall, though not overly tall, with a grim smile, long blonde hair. Solid gray clothes, including a bartender's apron. Two flashy rainbow scarves twirled around her neck, an air helmet with a crimson-dyed horsehair crest, a charm bracelet on her right hand and a wedding ring on the left. A pendant with a living flame in the center hangs on a long chain around her neck.
    A large black horse, with burning blue eyes, armored, including a horse-hair crest on the helm. She often doesn't cast a shadow.

Backstory: Just trying to help people. Retired from being a soldier-type.
    Oh, you wanted the whole story?
    "Ashna was from another world, lived in a place called Drohma. She was a great concern to her parents, along with her older twin sister, when they were chosen by great spirits of elemental fire to be their link to the mortal world. This was the third breakthrough of the thirteen elements, and savants would have been a lot more worried about it if they weren't all busy with their Great War. On the 'Last Day', in a deployment of superweapons, almost all the residents of her continent were wiped out, leaving in Drohma, the hardest-hit region, not a single mundane survivor, just a few thousand powered or cursed individuals scattered across the countryside.
    She lived in a large log in a mountain pass, using her pyromancy to hunt small animals. It was years later that people tried to even explore the wasteland, and Ashna killed every one of them that came into her woods. She was eventually captured by a team of Etran Templar who were sent to clear the woods and make them safe for explorers, and though they lost many people, she was finally caught in a fireproof net and taken away for study. Through a long process which I'll leave for another day's story, (I've gotta go teach a class on morphic fields right after this) she ended up earning her freedom, destroying a fleet of airships, and joining the Templars herself. I think it was mainly that in the face of the lycanthrope outbreak, they needed everybody willing to fight, especially if they happened to be able to burn things clean of the disease. She was a hero (or war criminal, depending on your view) of the conflict, and after ten years with the Templars, retired to seclusion in the woods. Not too out there for a fantasy story, right?
    Then she came to the Nexus. Well, actually this was before my time; she came to ACRONYMIA. Followed a flock of cockatrices through a portal, and ended up at the Good League of Good, they were different back in those days. Most of their members were robots, and they were a lot more militant. Had a magic spork and jail cells. Anyway, she spent some time there, got bitten by a werewolf and saw it as a sign, fell in love with another member, broke into the MagCave and ended up rescuing people. She even tried to protect the old HQ, before being driven away by a grand sonic giant. But then eventually she died.
    And on the third day she rose again, as a blood-drinking terror of the night, a vampyre! Luckily for the good people of ACRONMYIA, she was kept in seclusion, mostly, for her vampire queen was trying to drive her mad. She was rescued later by her love and a few others, who defeated a lich-lord in trade to the vampyre queen for Ashna's freedom. And after that, ah, well, I'm all out of time. Go ask."

Spoiler
    Show
    It was very bright. And then it was very dark. An immense silence gave way to a deafening wind. My eyes were shut tight, but I felt myself flying away (weren't there walls?) and would have screamed if only I could have drawn any breath.
    The air returned as I hit the ground, hard. Then I could yell and cry with the pain and confusion. I was just a little kid then. Eventually I realized there wasn't anyone coming, and I opened my eyes.

It was a nightmare. Everything was in ruins, trees ripped up, streets torn to component stones, the sky filling with smoke from something burning. There was blood on the ground a ways ahead, and a pair of empty shoes. The normal green of the sky was now a tattered red, and far away the wind still howled, made bearable only by the distance.

Now, about that something burning. Wait, was I okay? I remember being very concerned that we'd gone out like a blown candle. But no, the flames danced merrily around me, like always. Like always? People aren't supposed to be on fire. But I knew I was. I was even named like it. A...what was my name again? Like fire. A... Ash. Ashna. Like the story. Yeah. I felt really calm when I realized that I didn't remember, like, if it were bad, I would recall it. I hadn't heard the word 'amnesia' then. I was only confused. What had happened?

We got up and walked a little way, exploring the area. The smoke was from a field of grain and a house, both blazing merrily and burning away to nothing. For all the day long we walked, fear mounting as we saw the sky remain that broken color, as we saw no living thing, only desolation and ruin. There had been a road, maybe to a town? And we followed the scattered pathstones hoping to see something. Nothing. After a while the stones came less and less often, and we could not find the path. By then I was tired and hungry and thirsty and we had nothing and nowhere to stay and the sun must have been setting. A fog was rising, we were the only source of light left around and now we heard voices in the fog.

That first night was the greatest horror I've yet faced. When the first faces came out of fog we burned the whole area for thirty meters around in panic, but there was no end to the restless dead that now haunt the Droman nights. Three hundred million lives undone in an instant, with no one to put them to rest, no one even to remember them. We ran through that blank, mist-shrouded wasteland until I could run no further, and we crawled into a fallen log and hid until day came.

I was weak when I awoke late in the day, but my other half sustained me and kept me on the track to survival. I was too exhausted mentally to keep panicking or do anything but follow their direction. They found me food and water as we ranged, and told me when the cold air meant we should return to the log.

For months this went on, seeing no other person. Occasionally we came across some small animal that had survived the devastation, and ate them when we could. I was young and hungry, but we both grew skilled at hiding from the supernatural horrors of the night and hunting the living creatures of the day. After a while I did not need the tricks of my other half to stay alive, did not need to draw the heat of the fire into my protesting muscles. I was a lost kid, but not one that was going to die out here, helpless.

A long time passed. I had no way to measure it or any idea that it should be measured. One day my flame spoke up, sensing something like it nearby, so we went to find it. It was one of the megamoebas that had sprung up since the Last Day. Useless as food, but not big enough to eat me without our burning away. But this one, it burned like me, without being consumed. We walked up slowly, offering a bit of food to it and my other soul danced in joy when it took it, when it stayed and regarded us, when pulses of light were mirrored back to us. We had lost so much, but now we had found something good, for the first time since our memories went.

Abilities:
    Elemental Bond: Ashna's shadow is a fragment of a whole other character. It can manifest as a solid thing and drain away the strength of others, as well as new random effects as the plot demands, now including cold heat-draining flame. A sufficiently illuminated space may kill her.
    Holy Knight: Ashna has minor healing and protective magics, which can occasionally surge to perform stronger effects.
    Nightshade Spawn:
    • Dawn Aura - An aura of calm and fulfillment, lessening hunger and fatigue.
    • Twilight Bolt / Twilight Blast - A projectile or explosion granting Stillness, unto death, for both the living and the undead.
    • Haste - Gotta go fast!

Equipment:
    Helmet
    Scarf of Lordly Time: This brightly colored scarf allows Ashna to travel through time, subject to the one restriction that she cannot be in the same time twice.
    Scarf of Scintillating Brilliance: This sleeker silken scarf can catch projectiles and energy attacks and deflect them as harmless but flashy lights.

Other:
    Anyone who gives her food is a friend in her book.
    Agoraphobic, slightly. There are Callers out there, in the sky. Much better to be inside, or curled up in the hollow of a tree.
    Actual cannibal.
    Can be found at her home Inside.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2022-07-05 at 10:36 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #932
    Titan in the Playground

d6 Re: Nexus Character Directory

Robin Noble

Race: Human Vampire
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Profession: Vampire Hunter Hunter
    Power Level: B-

Appearance: Now that she is a vampire, Robin is paler still than she was as a human. Her eyes have also changed from their natural hazel to a pitch black, and she has sharp fangs where her canines were. Otherwise, she looks much the same: Black hair, slim, and somewhat mousy, even.

Personality: As a vampire, Robin's personality has completely changed. Where there was once submissiveness, there is now dominance, where there was once Masochism, there is now Sadism. The lost, submissive girl that once was is gone, burned away in the night, and replaced by a strong, angry woman.

Abilities: Robin is a very competent swordwoman, and her skill has only increased with her undeath. As well, she's a novice necromancer, capable of conducting rituals to raise the dead, as well as summoning a few undead to her side should she need them. In addition, undeath has giving Robin increased speed, strength, and sense of smell, as well as the ability to turn into mist, climb walls, and bend mortals minds to her will. She also is very hard to kill, in the traditional vampiric fashion, taking a stake to the heart, dose of holy water, or direct sunlight to kill.

Backstory: Robin was once a vampire hunter. She traveled through her homeworld, searching out the creatures of the night, and ending their miserable existence. However, one day, she ended up biting off more than she could chew, and the vampiress she was hunting captured her. She was kept captive for months tortured and kept in constant fear until her mind finally broke, and she almost completely forgot her previous life, and became a happy and willing servant of her former prey. However, eventually, said mistress was slain, and Robin eventually found her way to the Nexus, and Carmen's employ, who eventually turned her. Now a vampire, she's set on taking over her old order, and turning them into her thralls.
    Last edited by Ionbound; 2014-06-09 at 06:52 PM.

3. - Top - End - #933
    Titan in the Playground

Helen Avery

Profession: Priestess of Inari Tamamo
    Power Level: C+

Appearance: A slender young woman with somewhat pale skin, black (formerly red) hair, Helen most often wears the robes of her position at the temple.

Personality: Helen is quiet, polite, and always slightly nervous-seeming, though she is truly brave at heart, and desires to prove her worth to the temple.

4. - Top - End - #934
    Titan in the Playground

Alicia Mellilla

Race: Apisiform (Bee Lady)
    Profession: Assassin
    Power Level: C+
    Last edited by Ionbound; 2014-05-28 at 08:09 PM.

5. - Top - End - #935
    Ogre in the Playground

The Bard

Alias: The Bard IS his alias.
    Known alter-egos: Candace (7-year-old human girl), Duncan (androgenous high elf)
    Race: Human, we think.
    Alignment: TN.
    Class/Profession: Bard
    Power Rating: Uncertain. Seems to be around a B.
    Description: Varies.
    Abilities: Spectacularly good at disguises. Can change costumes in a matter of minutes. This includes height/sex/race/age changes.
    Backstory: He's been in the business for so long, and played so many parts, that even he's forgotten his own name. Now everyone just knows him as The Bard, unless he's in costume.
    Last edited by Razanir; 2014-06-02 at 02:08 PM.
    Avatar by Venetian Mask. It's of an NPC from a campaign I may yet run (possibly in PbP) who became a favorite of mine while planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Razanir View Post
    Everyone knows frying pans are actually weapons that people repurpose for cooking
    I am a 10/14/11/15/12/14 LG Clr 2

6. - Top - End - #936
    Bugbear in the Playground

Name: Ravanys Hellstrike
    Race: Tiefling
    Hair: Black, short, messy
    Eyes: Right one is missing, left one is gold

Spoiler: Looks
    Show
    Ravanys stands at average height and has am athletic build to her. She has tattoos running up her arms and legs and down her back. The coloring and pattern of them make them seems like flames almost, especially when she moves. She has a few visible piercings on her ears, bellybutton, and across the bridge of her nose. She also has some that aren't easily visible. Her eyepatch is goldish in color, and strapped to her head pretty tight so it won't slip off. Her clothing preference is not much. Mainly dark, leather, and sturdy boots. Also tends to wear a couple belts and some large gloves.

Spoiler: Equipment
    Show
    Doesn't carry much with her at the moment besides a good dagger.

Spoiler: Personality
    Show
    Ravanys is not very friendly. Her past has left her distrusting of people, and she tends to not let anybody in. She does have a bit of a temper at times, but she's usually calm and collected. If she sees certain wrong acts taking place, she will try to stop them. Otherwise, it just isn't her business.

Spoiler: Backstory
    Show
    Ravanys' mother died when she was very young. They had been living on the streets since her father died a year before. Her mother tried her best, but one night, she was attacked and killed. Ravanys became self-sufficient quite quickly. She learned a lot about taking care of herself those first few years, and has been living that way ever since. It's the only way she knows how to live, really.

Early on in her bounty hunting days, she came across a young girl who lost her family to a target Ravanys was after. Ravanys took her in, and raised her. That girl is now the brains behind all of Ravanys' gadgets and stuff.

Spoiler: Skills
    Show
    Ravanys is self-taught in hand-to-hand combat, and has gotten quite good at it. She's also good with knives and daggers.

Ravanys took to tracking and hunting down people as a means for earning money. She's a fairly skilled markswoman.

Through her work, Ravanys has gotten some useful contacts. And through them, she has gotten some useful tech. Including a device on her belt that gives her access to a pocket dimension storage space.

She has also learned to use some fire magic, which is tied to her tattoos.

- - - Updated - - -

Name: Darsy Carter
    Hair: Red, kind of short, spiked a lot
    Eyes: Gray

Spoiler: Looks
    Show
    Darsy is very athletic looking. She has an air of confidence about her in pretty much everything she does. Loose, athletic pants are pretty much the only actual clothing she wears. And that's only to get people to stop complaining about not wearing clothes. She pretty much always has bindings on her arms, legs, feet, and torso. She tends to not wear any shoes unless absolutely necessary. Her hair looks like the only care it receives is the occasional wash. Anything else is just pointless in Darsy's opinion.

Show
    Nothing besides the binders and the pants. She doesn't use any weapons.

Spoiler: Abilities
    Show
    Darsy is skilled in many forms of martial arts, and has actually mastered a couple.

Darsy can channel different elemental energies into her body when she fights. This allows her to add these elements to her punches, kicks, and other moves.

Current lists of energies she can use:

Fire
    Ice
    Electricity
    Steel
    Smoke
    Light
    Holy
    Wind
    Earth

She is pretty much always trying to better her capabilities. Whether that means seeking new forms of martial arts, training her current ones, or seeking new energies to use.

Show
    Darsy loves fighting. She's almost always looking for somebody to spar with.

Darsy also loves helping people, and tries to give her help wherever she can.

She is loud and boisterous. Very confident of herself.

She is a fan of alcohol. Has been known to give nicknames to some drinks. Even if they already have their own name.

While she does love helping people, she definitely couldn't be considered Lawful. She finds a lot of rules annoying and restrictive, and may ignore them.

Spoiler: Backstory
    Show
    None yet. Work in progress.
    Last edited by KerfuffleMach2; 2018-11-14 at 07:49 PM.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

7. - Top - End - #937
    Master Narrator
    Guest in the Playground

Xanthos, the Dark Sigiller
    Speech

Race
    Hybrid (human with demonic blood)

Alignment
    Neutral Evil, but has moments of goodness, especially around children.
    Class/Profession
    Sigiller (rune master)

Power Rating
    B-ish, but can, with a bit of effort, open portals to bring through some A-rank nasties (or, if he's really in a tight spot, there's this one favour he's owed...)

Personality
    Somewhat cold and wary, but loosens up once he gets to know you. Has a very dark sense of humour and no discernible morals, but does have a code of honour that could, in the right light, perhaps pass for them.

Equipment
    Vials of various alchemic ingredients. Full alchemy lab stored in a pocket dimension (literally - the entrance is in one of his pockets). Runic glasses with a large number of enchantments (truesight, zoom, far-spectrum vision [IR, UV, X-Ray etc.], protection from gaze attacks and so on.)

Abilities
    Sigiller
    Xanthos is a master of Sigils. He can create complex Sigil-Strings in a matter of seconds, and powerful Sigil Webs in minutes. He knows of many obscure Sigils, and even some thought long-lost, and can bring them to mind near-instantly.

Demonblood
    Xanthos' father was a powerful Demon. The demonic blood is what grants Xanthos his uncommon levels of power, both mystical and physical. In addition to his Sigils, Xanthos is stronger, faster, tougher and smarter than an ordinary human.

Alchemist
    Thought a lost art among his people, Xanthos learnt Alchemy from his father. He can create powerful potions and poisons, and is also very competent at Transmutation.

Mind Walker
    An old technique, Mind-Walking is a method of entering your own mind and ordering it. It involves the construction of a mindscape, which not only allows you to sort your memories and thoughts in any way you please, but also to install defenses. Xanthos, a master of this art, has some truly brutal fortifications around his mind, and any telepath attempting to enter without his permission would be lucky to escape without serious mental damage.

Backstory
    To be posted later.

Last edited by Master Narrator; 2014-06-07 at 01:57 PM.

8. - Top - End - #938
    Barbarian in the Playground

H'laar H'qlth

Color: color code #666666, i went for grey and that's the code it gave me, not even trying to be Edgy here...

Alias: The Witness, The Traveler, The Contractor, Mr. Henderson
    Race/Species: Eldrazi
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Class/Profession: Planeswalker/Arcane Lawyer/Demonic Advocate/Divine Prosecutor/Eldritch Attorney/Earthly Jurist/Ultimate Magus/Artificer
    Power Rating: A
    Description:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Personality: Although genderless by definition, It describes itself as a male due to his physical appearance being closest to a typical male of humanoid species. Its mind is focused on business and the law first and foremost, due to this, It is an extremely adept negotiator, trader, lawyer and a powerful mage and adept atrificer. It is an esoteric creature who's tastes and likings are as varied as they are exotic and arcane

Equipment: he carries his tools of his trade within a pocket dimension whom it can access at will. Wears a Quantum-locked suit which returns to its original form at the will of its wearer, meaning that any stains, tears and other modification brought to it can be undone within a mere instant. It wears a tie imbued with eldritch rune. upon activation of tthese runes, It becomes aware of any and all laws, whether they be demonic, divine, eldritch or man made, past, current and future of the world he is on and becomes automatically aware of any modifications, ammendments and added or removed laws

Abilities:It is skilled in the use and pplication of the laws and creation of contracts, pacts and any form of legal agreement between parties, whether they be divine, demonic, eldritch or mortal in origin. It is also an adept spellcaster and artificer, capable of creating machinery and arcane device alike. He is also a planeswalker, capable of traversing time and space to travel to other worlds on his own accord.

Backstory: It has been born between the realm of mortals and the gods. his kin being eldritch creatures bent upon the consuption and destruction of creation, he was set appart by his ubiquitous and odd gift: the Planewalker's Spark. Affter many centuries of searching for a meaning for its existence, it was given a very rare chance that only a handful of beings could ever be given: being the link between all four realms of reality. A few more centuries past, he emerged from the folds between and betwixt time and space, ready to carry on his duty

Miscellaneous: It has an office in a pocket dimension, accessible from anywhere and anytime under any circumstances. this place is beyond the reach of time, space and the laws of reality. within this place, he is capable of everything. it is its home and realm whom it has dominion over
    Avatar by Ceika, she's awesome, she deserves your cookies.
    old avatar
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #939

Charlotte La'Forette
    "Listen, it's my job to save people, so like it or not I'm coming with you. Besides, unless very specific cercumstances happen, a little backup couldn't hurt too badly, could it?"

Race: Human (French-Indian descent)
    Profession: Magical Girl
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Power Level: B
    Combat Skill: 8/10
    Intelligence/Cleverness: 7/10
    Tenacity/Determination: 3/10
    Voracity: 11/10

Description
    Charlotte Herself
    Charlotte, a teenager with a slightly scrawny, wiry body of average height and slenderness, is fairly attractive when considering the fact she is just 15. Her skin , a light shade of olive that's more of a Coffee-Mixed-With-Lots-Of-Milk than olive, shows her heritage of mixed race. Charlotte's eyes are a tranquil, forest green that reminds one of an undisturbed grove of trees. Her oak-tree-bark-brown hair is tied in a short revolutionary-style ponytail that falls to the end of her ribcage (but, you know, not noticeable cuz she isn't a skeleton). Charlotte is usually clad in a long red cloak that wouldn't look out of place on a certain Roosterteeth character, dark blue t shirt the color of a stormy sea, leggings the color of blindness, and plain old black sneakers upon her feet. In the Fall, Winter and early Spring her shirt and cloak are replaced by a seafoam green hoodie and scarf, with black combat boots adorning her feet. Winter sees the return of her cloak.

Puella Magi Form
    Normally, Charlotte's uniform in combat takes the form of a long red cloak like in the winter and summer, worn over a black shirt. This shirt is hard to notice, however, due to the black trench coat (without the neck guard thing) with red inner lining and scarlet trim she wears over it. Over where humans have their hearts, like a military uniform, is an amazingly well done silhouette of a red crescent moon with a silver sniper rifle crossed over it. Worn with this is a pair of long black leggings with red trim, black combat boots with red lace worn over them, and a military cap with the symbol upon the jacket upon it as well. During the summer, the black is white and the silver is black to deal with sweltering heat.

No matter what she wears, an ever present necklace with a pendant in the shape of a crescent moon is worn around Charlotte's neck. She never seems to take it off.

Personality
    Charlotte is a hotheaded, reckless lass, with a sharp tongue and a foul mouth. She's one of those annoying people who act a bit like a bitch to conceal their emotions, but for Charlotte this is more of an occasional thing. One can sometimes be lucky enough to catch her in her emotion sharing moments. She's a bit of an optimist, and quite pugnacious.

Equipment

Charlotte doesn't have a true set of equipment besides her necklace, but she often wields a few different weapons in combat.
    • A silver-colored Anti Materiel Rifle with explosive rounds that seemingly never runs out of ammo.
    •A long Titanium-Silver glaive
    •Multiple firearms with seemingly bottomless clips
    •Various types of blades in the vein of swords, knives, and daggers.

Abilities:

Contract
    Charlotte can create anything she can imagine as long as she doesn't use up all her magic. She has astounding endurance and speed in combat, and has other "perks" of being a Puella Magi.

Last edited by Arkhosia; 2014-09-06 at 11:58 PM.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

10. - Top - End - #940
    Orc in the Playground

Faction Profile: Chimera Syndicate

The Chimera Syndicate is a mega-corporate political entity that now controls most of a planet and exerts heavy influence over the rest by virtue of being the sole remaining superpower. Information on the Chimera Syndicate largely comes from the reports of Prince Vyrn Altaran, the affiliated Altaran Irregulars, and Evolution Industries' chief executive, though more information is coming to light in the wake of their invasion of the Nexus.

The Syndicate was originally one of two superpowers on its homeworld, opposed by the Altaran Dominion. Neither was particularly pleasant, with the common citizen having little say in either, due to the Syndicate's megacorporate nature and the Dominion's royalty and nobles hoarding power to themselves. Most troubling to many is both factions' practice of brainwashing anyone with unusual powers, deemed 'Anomalies' for their capabilities, though fortunately the Dominion's last remaining royal seems to have abandoned many of its excesses. Ultimately, the Chimera Syndicate would prove victorious in the war, emerging as the ruler of most of the world and its sole remaining superpower.

While Altaran and Evolution Industries sources have condemned their invasion as an attempt at creating an interrealital empire, the Syndicate's broadcasts paint a different picture, one of seeking new knowledge and punishing fugitives against justice.

As might be expected, the Syndicate is not a single faction as the Empire was, but an alliance of multiple. The three sub-groups present in the Nexus are known as Anomalous Solutions, Infinite Descent, and Enclave Materials, each with their own affiliated military forces. Due to the nature of the world they hail from, all Chimera Syndicate characters are human.

Subfaction: Anomalous Solutions: The Snake

Anomalous Solutions is the overall leader of the Syndicate's operation in the Nexus, due to their expertise in dealing with Anomalies and other supernatural phenomena. AS's history is among the darkest in the Syndicate, as it invented the infamous brainwashing procedure used to control Anomalies and other targets, and this procedure spread throughout the Syndicate and even to the Dominion. The latter's acquisition of it involved spies and a rather destructive campaign against AS's operations, which crippled the corp for much of their war.

Anomalous Solutions is known to have the largest concentration of brainwashed Anomalies in the entire Syndicate, and this informs their operations in the Nexus.

Spoiler: Anomalous Solutions Characters
    Show
    Executive Lenard Tronstad is the leader of the Anomalous Solutions force in the Nexus, and therefore the overall commander of the invasion. While details of his personality are unknown, it is known that Tronstad has been responsible for several bounty postings against the Syndicate's enemies, which will be elaborated on later.

Subfaction: Infinite Descent: The Lion

Its name playing off the Dominion's frequent theme of, and some would say worship of, ascension, Infinite Descent is a highly militant corp that forms the Syndicate's signature forces. Its military products are dominant throughout the Syndicate's corporations, and it played a major role in the Dominion's military defeats. However, old Dominion intelligence in the hands of Vyrn Altaran has revealed that Infinite Descent and Anomalous Solutions have frequently disagreed on courses of action in the past, with ID focusing on military efforts above all else and AS prioritizing Anomaly and artifact research to the expense of the Syndicate's war effort against the Dominion.

Infinite Descent's forces are the most conventionally powerful in the Syndicate. Altaran intelligence again proves useful here, stating that ID is known to use power-armored 'walking tank' style troops, along with genetically and cybernetically augmented soldiers. These advances have not yet spread to the rest of the Syndicate, making these distinct among Infinite Descent forces.

Spoiler: Infinite Descent Characters
    Show
    Infinite Descent's leader in the Nexus is the relatively young Executive Kenneth Lockley. Little is currently known about him due to the Syndicate's secrecy and the difficulty of capturing its troops, and Commander Altaran's information does not extend to the personal lives of Syndicate executives, especially newer ones.

Subfaction: Enclave Materials: The Goat

Enclave Materials is something of an odd one among the three corps in the Nexus, in that its specialty is not primarily military in nature. Instead, EM manages infrastructure, construction, and similar operations, including civilian power grids and military bunkers alike. EM controls large mining operations in Syndicate territory as well, making it a prime trader of raw materials-hence the name. While EM does not have the feuding history of Anomalous Solutions and Infinite Descent, it is currently believed that it is likely to side with ID in disputes, due to its reliance on ID for defense, and not wishing to jeopardize the contracts it has to produce ID's designs.

EM lacks specialty forces like AS's Anomaly Poltergeists or ID's Titan Troopers, but it is in turn the most likely to resort to hiring local mercenaries and their ilk, according to Irregular projections.

Spoiler: Enclave Materials Characters
    Show
    Enclave Materials' leader in the Nexus is Executive Wilhelmina Morgan. While Morgan was present during the Syndicate's war with the Dominion, the Dominion's old intel says little about her, given that her area was and still is largely logistics and infrastructure rather than military like Infinite Descent or oddities like Anomalous Solutions. What little is known says that Syndicate executives have tended to be uneasy around her, due to some coldness that even rulers in places as dark Syndicate and Dominion are unnerved by.

General Equipment and Materiel

The Syndicate forces in the Nexus use similar equipment and vehicles, for the most part, though Anomalous Solutions and Infinite Descent are known to have their own more specialized gear. Though some equipment is made by a certain corp, others will still purchase and use it for their own forces, should it have been released for greater use. Unless specified, it's safe to assume most of it is ID's in origin.

Spoiler: Syndicate Equipment and Materiel
    Show
    Spoiler: Personal Armor
    Show
    Trooper Armor: The Syndicate military utilizes armor similar to the Evolution Industries EvA-1 for most troops, with similar protection offered and a variety of vision modes available. It's lacking in the magic-detecting, though, due to the nature of its world they are from. It has a reputation for being 'budget' armor.

Elite Armor: A heavier armor type than the Syndicate Trooper Armor, this offers similar advantages while upping protection. Those who know a Mr. Trent Armitage may recognize this as the same armor class he uses, oddly enough. To use a comparison to 40k, if the standard armor is Guard Flak, this is Storm Trooper Carapace.

Hazard Armor: A heavier variant of standard Syndicate Trooper Armor, this armor is sealed similarly to Titan Armor, providing protection against toxic gas. In all other respects, it's identical to the standard armor. This is actually the most common variant of Syndicate trooper armor in the Nexus, as the Syndicate has spread massive amounts of partial misinformation about potential levels of toxicity in the Nexus.

Elite Hazard Armor: As Hazard Armor, but corresponding to Elite Armor instead.

Anomalous Solutions Poltergeist Stealth Armor: This armor type is specialized for stealth operations and is a favorite of Syndicate special forces. Aside from the standard cloaking system, the Poltergeist is capable of containing the user's heat and rendering them invisible to infrared sensors, though leaving this on for too long is difficult-it gets hot in there, after all. Otherwise, the Poltergeist functions similarly to Elite Armor. It was originally designed for AS's Anomaly Poltergeists, from which it gets its name.

Spoiler: Infinite Descent Only
    Show
    Infinite Descent Titan Power Armor: The Syndicate does not use many heavy ground vehicles, and this is why. Titan Armor is the toughest personal armor Syndicate money can buy, and in comparison to Nexus technology, it is most similar to the Remnant Sentinel Battlesuit and heavier models. This armor turns its wearer into a hulking walking tank, amplifying strength immensely, and it is capable of stopping anything short of anti-tank weaponry. Even then, you'd need a full-on hit to put a Titan down. Many Titan models lack the thrusters and stabilization clamps of the Sentinel Battlesuit, however. Titan Armor is also fully sealed, and its built-in respirator system allows its wearer immunity to toxic gas attacks. It can also be fitted with heavy weapon mounts on the shoulders, though this is optional. The Titan Armor comes in multiple 'standard' varieties, including:

-Suppressor Armor: Titan Suppressor Armor is an exceptionally well-armed model, with dual HL-24 mounts on the shoulders, specializing in anti-infantry roles. This can be used for a frighteningly effective defense against light attackers, or a devastating assault on similarly light defenders. The Suppressor Armor comes with stabilization clamps in its feet that allow it to latch to the ground, useful for defensive positions.

-Lance Armor: Titan Lance Armor is designed specially for anti-tank and anti-VTOL roles. Essentially the counterpart to the Suppressor Armor, it mounts HL-23 laser cannons. Much like the Suppressor Armor, Lance Armor comes with stabilization clamps in its feet.

-Assault Armor: Titan Assault Armor is specialized for close combat. It mounts heavily modified laser cannons on the shoulder mounts, specially designed to scatter the beam into multiple directions. This essentially creates a huge, powerful laser shotgun effect. Its users also generally go into combat with at least one CCW-10 wielded conventionally, making them utter nightmares up close.

-Scout Armor: Titan Scout Armor lacks the mounted weapons of other variants, its operators relying on conventionally wielded weapons. Its armor is also somewhat stripped, making it quicker but weaker than most Titan varieties. Finally, it comes with special jump jets, allowing it unprecedented mobility. Scout Armor is meant for reconnaissance in hazardous regions, where its jump jets allow it to navigate and escape easily, and its still-tough armor makes it difficult to put down.

The reliance on Titan units for heavy ground support results in repeated demands that ID release them for greater Syndicate use, but ID refuses, as the Titan suits remain a trump card no one but them can bring to bear, their designs a closely guarded secret.

Spoiler: Personal Weapons
    Show
    LR-46 Laser Rifle: The standard weapon used by the average Syndicate Trooper, the LR-46 is a reliable model with semi-automatic firing ability. While it is not especially powerful, it is functional against most targets without significant armor. It also sports a lower-powered 'stun' mode that will still inflict painful burns, but these will not be severe enough to kill. Instead, it is more meant to disable targets with the pain.

Anomalous Solutions NR-3 Neutralization Weapon: The NR-3 is a weapon with a sinister history due to its use in the capture of Anomalies, though it has spread throughout the Syndicate as the nonlethal takedown weapon of choice. Its main firing mode is that of a stun-laser much like the LR-46's stun mode, though it can be upped to lethal levels more powerful than standard rifles, at the cost of its firing rate. It comes standard with an underslung directed-electricity weapon for extra takedown ability, along with a laser sight. It is the main weapon of Syndicate special-ops troops, though Infinite Descent is swiftly seeking to reclaim its supremacy with its Vari-Las rifle line. However, until it exits ID's restricted products list (ie: passes combat testing in ID's service), the NR-3 will retain its position.

LR-52B Vari-Las Rifle Mk II: The Mk. I Vari-Las Rifle has already appeared in the Nexus once, as the rifle used by Trent Armitage. The Mk II, like its predecessor, has several settings that can be used, able to be dialed from a single powerful shot similar in power to a sniper weapon to a sustained beam (similar to a full-auto mode) and everything in between. Curiously, it lacks Armitage's rifle's Inferno setting, making it less powerful than the Mk. I in a way. While used only by Infinite Descent in large numbers, it is beginning to see use in Anomalous Solutions commando forces alongside the NR-3, mostly for AS's less...live capture-fixated operations such as the Riverside attack.

LR-50 Sniper Rifle: A laser sniper rifle, following the same general design as the LR-46.

LP-50 Laser Pistol: The LP-50 has also appeared before, and in its own form to boot. The LP-50 fires beams of decent power, lethal on a good hit but not capable of punching through heavy armor. It shares the LR-46's stun mode.

HL-23 Laser Cannon: The HL-23 is a fairly standard anti-tank laser cannon, with little of note about it other than that. The main feature of note besides the obvious is that it is compatible with the optional weapon mounts of Titan Armor.

HL-24 Beam Barrage Gun: The HL-24 is a distinctive weapon with three barrels set in a triangle pattern, each capable of firing a sustained beam similar to that used in the LR-52B. The HL-24 is also compatible with Titan Armor's weapon mounts.

CCW-10 Vibro-Weapons: The Syndicate has its own high-tech melee weapons, these utilizing high-frequency vibrations to reach high heat levels and boost power, similar to Evolution EvM-1s in effect.

Spoiler: Infinite Descent Only
    Show
    LP-52X Experimental High Power Laser Pistol: The LP-52X is a new model of laser pistol used by the Syndicate military. Available to elites and some officers, the pistol is higher-powered than the standard LP-50, easily capable of piercing through light armor despite its retained small size. It cannot be set to stun, however, and some reports suggest it has a slight tendency to overheat. Thus, the LP-52X has not entered mass use, and is only used by those who choose to employ it.

Spoiler: Ground Vehicles
    Show
    HV-12 Rapid Transit IFV: A transport vehicle that utilizes hover-vehicle technology to float above the ground as it moves, the HV-12 is used to move troops from place to place as swiftly as possible, sacrificing some armor for the sake of speed. It is equipped with a mounted HL-24 turret. The HV-12 also comes with a variant meant for the transport of materiel rather than soldiers, the HV-12B.

HV-20 Mobile Missile Platform: An anti-air vehicle combined with an artillery platform, the HV-20 is essentially a mobile missile emplacement. When it finds a good position to fire from, it deploys, latching onto the ground and acting as a surface-to-air missile launcher or long-range missile artillery platform, depending on the type of missiles loaded.

Spoiler: Aerial Vehicle(s)
    Show
    SST-21 Stealth Shuttle: The SST-21 has appeared in the Nexus before, as the personal transport of one Trent Armitage. In appearance, it has twin engines in the rear and wings on the side, with a noticeable cockpit in the front. It looks somewhat like this from above, though less crudely made in Inkscape, obviously. The cockpit area is raised up a bit from the rest of the craft, and it's sleeker in general and closer to the previous description compared to my crude Inkscape dabblings. As for the lower area, there's what looks like retractable armor covering something on the underside of the craft, probably a VTOL engine or something of that sort...actually, there are two such sections, one around the middle-the VTOL engine, probably-and a much smaller one closer to the cockpit. That one looks more like it's for dropping a person. The SST-21 also sports cloaking and stealth functions similar to those of Poltergeist Armor, and its engines are near-silent, emitting only a hum noticeable close up. For armaments, twin turrets similar to HL-24s (but more powerful due to vehicle-scale) are concealed near the front. The cockpit section is larger than needed for the pilot, in order to facilitate the transport of commandos.

Due to the lack of airbases they can use in the Nexus and the impossibility of bringing in aircraft carriers, the Syndicate cannot bring in many types of aircraft. Compounding this issue is Prince Vyrn's possession of the aerial aircraft carrier designated Sanctuary and the lack of any other major military air power. The result is that the Syndicate cannot risk bringing in more conventional VTOL craft as well, due to the likelihood of Altaran Irregular counterattack. Thus, the Syndicate's air power in the Nexus is limited to SST-21s alone.

The Task At Hand

The Task At Hand is a Syndicate propaganda broadcast made by Executive Tronstad of Anomalous Solutions. In it, Tronstad has outlined three main goals for the Syndicate in the Nexus: Elimination of those who would use it as a base to attack the Syndicate, the neutralization of fugitives from justice, and the study of anomalous phenomena.

The 'fugitives' listed consist largely of those they consider Dominion remnants. The broadcast seems to show that the Syndicate does not consider the remnants of the Empire as separate from the Altaran Dominion which Vyrn hails from, and therefore they are treated as holdouts from the last war. Great rewards have been promised for the capture of Commanders Altaran and Vasquez. In addition, the broadcasts have labeled Evolution Industries as 'an instrument of annihilation' that must be brought under control, due to it being controlled by 'Anomaly Designate A-3.' Altaran sources have claimed that this designation is a Syndicate Anomaly classification, and that class A Anomalies are extremely rare (thus the extremely small number). 'A-3' is labeled an insane butcher of cities, to be killed on sight if he is seen.

Evolution Industries has not commented on the claims.

((Consider this post a WIP to be updated at my discretion.))
    Last edited by Darkcomet; 2016-05-02 at 01:17 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

11. - Top - End - #941

Evan Harwell

Name: Evan Harwell
    Race/Species: Human (Although he looks slightly elven)
    Personality: Friendly, but not very social. Wants to do the right thing. Can't stand crowds. Has multiple personalities.
    Class/Profession: Swordfighter
    Power Rating:4
    Description: Black hair. Skin is on the darker side of white. Vibrant blue eyes. Rather thin and tall. Wears a brown cloak.
    Equipment: A longsword.
    Abilities: Good at sword fighting
    Backstory: It's a secret to everybody.

Evan has more than one alternate personality, but I'm detailing only one for now.

Name: Erdrin Aerdoth
    Race/Species: Half-Elf
    Personality: Rarely speaks. Can be very focused on the task at hand.
    Class/Profession: Druid
    Abilities: Has some small druid abilities. Can't use a sword.

The others are: Tanar Aerdoth, Travis, and an unnamed one.
    Last edited by Tris; 2014-06-22 at 06:04 PM.

12. - Top - End - #942
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

He fall from the sky and now has a bump on his head.

Name: bill the mighty..or was it Dave the great..wait I think it's avery the awsome.
    Gender: male,i think but with that hair and body who knows?
    Race/species: human..probably..if you can call it human.
    Personality: where I'm i?
    Class/profession: falling.
    Alignment: hey where's the nearest bar?
    Power rating: wait I'm going to fight someone?
    Description:long brown hair,green eye and a brown green eye,small body,nice cloths on and has a strange arcane looking thing grafted on his right arm and partly on his hand.
    Equipment:a foil,some hard leather padded clothes and a strange arcane looking thing grafted on his arm.
    Backstory:sorry can't remember.

Personality:cold,focust,subdued.
    Class/profession: practitioner of the dark arts and collecter.
    Alignment:natural.
    Description:black haired,skinny tall body,dark black ringed eyes.
    He keeps a grey cloak on most of the time and under it is a dark robe. The cloak and robe hides his skinny ness.he talks in a slow deep voice choosing his words carefully and remembering the right words to say.
    Equipment: a ritual dagger and a journal.
    Backstory: ...the past is the past and the now is the now.

Personality:don't show it
    Class/profession:fate changer,mercenary
    Alignment:natural
    Description:he wears a trench coat,forgettable face.
    He appears when there are people wanting something and can be anything but there will be a cost that he calls the sacrifice. The sacrifice can be anything,it depends on what they want.
    Equipment:strong armor under his trench coat,revolver with special bullets,silver dagger that can lift any curse,a briefcase with all sorts of stuff in it with the contracts.
    Backstory:if you learn that you can end him.
    Last edited by Findpathfencer; 2014-06-28 at 12:37 AM.
    If it sounds like I'm trolling I'm really not.

I'm not the smartest thing ever[even know I can seem like it] so I'm going to be wrong some times so just call me out on it.[i swear I'm not trolling]

13. - Top - End - #943
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Name: Salsacookies
    Alias:Giant spicy cookie
    Race:Spicysweetean
    Alignment: Deliciously Evil [Nexus:Plain Stupid]
    Class:Spicemancer
    Power Rating:9001 [Whatevers most inconvenient]
    Description:A Flying Cookie the size of a large dwarf, wears giant spiked shoulder pads (no shoulders, they kinda float there), and a large flaming cape. top of cookie is permanently on fire. stinks of chocolate and garlic.
    Personality: Hammy, hothead, too stupid to know hes stupid,
    Equipment:Cape of Burn-so-Good[+1 style, +5 flammability,REALLY HOT to touch] and Rod of Nim [+00 to power, -9001 to Common Sense, becomes prone to mishaps and stupidity]
    Abilities:Spicy Limbs, Sorrow-causing onion, Diabetic Coma, Snack-sized Trouble, anything else i come up with.
    Backstory:Has an embarrassing tattoo of humpty dumpty under his cape.
    Misc.: Has an evil empire at his disposal, as soon as he figures out a way to reach them.
    Text Color: Yellow

14. - Top - End - #944

With HALO being merged into Vigil and becoming two of three sister bases to the organization, I thought I'd actually go ahead and write down the layout and description of the ocean fortress here, for plot/flavor reference if needed just like Kid Kris above me. The information has been taken from various HALO posts and records.

VIGIL Ocean Base

Not so far to the west, covering large portions of the Nexus's surface, is the ocean. Out of sight of land, sunken beneath the waves, rises an artificial structure, a vast dome holding back the water and filled with air to allow lung-breathing heroes to build a tiny settlement within. Despite the transparent domed roof, most of the place is covered with buildings. The first one anyone is likely to encounter is the Entrance Hall, which extends outward from the dome a short distance to accommodate the shuttle bay and airlocks.

From there, a member can pass through one of the transparent, tunnel-like hallways to the rest of the base.
    In the north wing, one winds the expansive libraries and the Tree of Knowledge at their center, as well as HALO's various laboratories, some of which are actually used for science and engineering. Somewhat harder to reach in this wing is the base's disused Control Center.

In the central area of the dome, one finds the Strategy Room, which could probably be used for real meetings instead of cramming everyone into the Leader's office or using the intercom. Next to it is the Theater, in case a visual demonstration or showing of anything is needed, or more likely, members want to relax there. Somewhere around the corner here you can find the Offices of anyone important enough to have two rooms assigned to them, and in the direction of the entrance hall stands the Armory and equipment rooms.

In the east wing stands the Arboretum and gardens, which contain plants of all sort, growing improbably under the sea-filtered sunlight and artificial lights. Back indoors, one finds the Dining Hall, one red table standing out from the brown ones that fill the space. Adjoining it is the Kitchen ever-full of toaster pastries. You could also find That Other Room.

In the south section one finds the Training Room and the Pool, for all those who can't actually breathe underwater. Beyond them, spilling out of the dome into their own little bubbles, stand all the Dormitories, which are of every shape and size, often bigger on the inside, and house any member who doesn't wish to live elsewhere. The Morgue is also here, edged into an out-of the way corner, as it's not often that this base has to store the bodies of the dead. The same applies to the Prison, which is actually a handful of converted dormitories, as holding truly dedicated evil doers is usually doomed to failure.

Also outside the main body of the base, the Power Station has its own little dome, linked by a tunnel-hallway. Rumors that it runs off of captive electric type monsters are just that, rumors.

Spoiler: The Dome and other Defenses
    Show

The ocean base is covered in a dome to allow those inside a view of the ocean, while at the same time not drowning them. In case it ever fails, the rest of the base is built to be able to be airtight, although the grass and gardens would likely be done for. But the dome is fairly strong, and reinforced with magical shields. They can be temporarily or permanently broken by magical means, but it's never come to that. When the base was HALO, it once had many magical barriers, but they have been lowered, one by one, to let in new members. Undead, they might be okay. Evil, sure, evil people can be okay. Teleportation, sure, it can be dangerous, but it's so convenient.

Spoiler: Library
    Show
    One of the few buildings that is not dome-shaped, the Library, is a rarely rivaled Sanctuary of Nexus Knowledge.
    The Members utilize this space to perform all the less practical research that cannot be done in the lab...usually.

The Library contains vast amounts of printed knowledge, much of it useful, informative tomes, even more of it low-quality comic books. Includes a wide variety of magazines.

Every section of the Library is arranged according to the Magtok Decimal System. There is a nifty catalog everyone can use, and a library desk that nearly always stands empty.

In the center of the library is, unexpectedly, a tree, whose little cherry-like fruits can be eaten in order to temporarily learn much (maybe all) of the information in the library. Good for finding something quickly, not so good for learning, as the knowledge will fade out of your mind in a few hours.

Spoiler: Laboratories
    Show
    Also contains the infirmary, which has a pair of teleporters for emergency access.

Spoiler: Entry Hall
    Show
    The Entry Hall is the place for access into the ocean base. It is also a dome, large and spacious, with rows of shuttles, teleporter pads, and other means of entrance and exit. The walls are hung with images of past members and scenes of their accomplishments.

Spoiler: Strategy Room
    Show

This room contains many digital maps on the walls, which show various locations around the Nexus. This also contains a very long table surrounded with relatively comfy chairs, and the whole thing would not look out of place in a small corporation's offices. The seats at each end are big Red Armchairs, used for the leaders.
    There is also a 3D map projector in the middle of the table, for showing off.

In theory, this is where missions briefings and debriefings, as well as warnings and reports, are given. But it also doubles as a nice place to play games.

Spoiler: Other
    Show

Spoiler: Dormitories
    Show

Spoiler: Power Station
    Show

Spoiler: Control Center
    Show
    Evidence suggests that the control center no longer does anything, but was used in maintaining the base while it was constructed.

Spoiler: Theater
    Show
    Used for communicating with the outside world in a formal setting, supposedly.

Spoiler: Offices
    Show

Spoiler: Armory
    Show
    Contains all sorts of tools and weapons, some of which are even useful.

Spoiler: Dining Hall
    Show

Spoiler: Kitchen
    Show

Spoiler: Training Room
    Show

Spoiler: Pool
    Show

Spoiler: Morgue
    Show

Spoiler: Prison
    Show

Somewhere in the base is a safe, such as you might find in a hotel room. Except, it often extrudes legs and moves itself around, or disguises itself as some piece of furniture. No one left appears to have the means to open it, or even knows what type of lock it has, but the thing is attracted to singing.

The base is maintained, when the members don't bother with it, by a fleet of small robots which some might find familiar.. Because of them, some suspect that the base itself is somehow alive. Usually (maybe always) played by The Bushranger.

If anyone has more or better descriptions, let me know so I can edit them in here.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2014-07-06 at 10:42 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

15. - Top - End - #945

Aiden Kester (Mirrored)
    “The party’s about to get crazy!”

Alias: N/A
    Race/Species: Human/Demon hybrid.
    Profession: Devil Hunter.

Description: Physically, Aiden looks much like his normal counterpart. He’s tall and relatively skinny, and has short black hair and brown eyes. There are some subtle differences, though. He’s just a bit more handsome in general - he has a slightly more squared jaw, and there’s more muscle to his frame. He also looks a little older, since he is a little older. He also tends to keep a stubble on his face, unlike the normal Aiden who prefers to be clean-shaven.

Aiden is almost never seen without his black leather longcoat. The coat is custom-tailored for his measurements, and reaches down to his knees. He wears the coat open, partially to give himself better freedom of movement, but mostly because he thinks it looks cool. He wears a simple-looking red shirt under his coat, a pair of blue jeans, and brown hiking boots. His sword is always on his back, strapped alongside his two pistols.

Personality: While the normal Aiden despises the Nexus and refuses to change for its sake, this Aiden has embraced almost all the madness that his Nexus has to offer. It might be because he isn't entirely human unlike his counterpart, but Aiden is willing to roll with just about anything it'll throw at him, complete with a cocky grin and a corny joke. He almost never takes anything seriously, even when other people's lives are on the line. He's always itching for a fight, which is the main way that he passes time. He'll intentionally limit himself during a fight if he thinks his opponent is weak, just to have a more interesting fight.

Despite his carefree personality, he does have a strict sense of morals, and believes that good will always triumph over evil (and look stylish while doing so.) He always jumps to the defense of anyone in need, and he refuses to kill humans for any reason. He's also quick to make friends with almost anybody, unless they swear too much.

Equipment:

Spoiler
    Show
    Balthazar: Aiden’s primary weapon of choice. He inherited this sword from the demon Balthazar, when he passed his power to Aiden. The sword is one of the manifestations of the demon’s soul, the other being Aiden himself.

This sword is huge by any standard. With a six foot blade, and weighing in at over seventy pounds, most would probably consider the weapon to be very impractical, if not completely ludicrous. But because of Aiden’s vastly increased strength compared to a human, he’s able to swing Balthazar around like it’s a short sword. Its magical power allows him to carve up objects and beings that would normally be impervious to such weapons. Its heft, combined with the strength and speed of its wielder, make it a devastating weapon.

Light and Shadow: A pair of .45 caliber pistols, heavily modified by Aiden. One has been painted a deep black, while the other is a brilliant white.

Rather than firing conventional ammunition, Aiden creates bullets for these guns using his own demonic energy. This has two effects. The first is that the guns have similar capabilities to Balthazar, in terms of what they can damage. The second is that Aiden never has to worry about reloading; there will always be a round to fire when he pulls the trigger.

Timber: A double-barreled shotgun, modified by Aiden.

His shotgun has its barrels and stock sawed off to allow for quicker drawing and firing. He also creates shotgun shells out of his energy, much like with Light and Shadow. This means the number of times he can fire isn't limited to how many barrels are loaded.

Susurrus: A pair of gauntlets and boots, composed of rusted scrap metal. This formed from the essence of Susurrus, the Mechanical Soul Eater.

Aiden uses this weapon to augment is unarmed combat abilities. They're already heavy and would probably give tetanus to anyone that looked at it. However, Aiden can charge it with either ambient magical energy, or the soul-energy of any monsters he's defeated, to encase it in purple flame.

Abilities: Although Aiden is human in appearance and personality, he has the raw physical strength and speed of a very powerful demon. He's fast enough that his movements in combat are sometimes mistaken for teleportation, at least by people who don't have heightened or magical senses. He's able to get to almost any point in a battlefield, with his speed and his ability to jump higher than just about any human. His speed also affects his attacks - his sword arm can sometimes look like a blur when he's stabbing at an enemy several times in just a few seconds.

His demonic powers don't just extend to strength and speed, though: Aiden is ridiculously durable. He could be impaled by a sword, or shot in the head, and he'd just walk it off with a smile. He's completely impervious to fire, whether mundane or magical. Other natural elements don't seem to affect him much either; extreme cold won't faze him much. Unlike fire, though, magical ice, lightning, or any other element would hurt him.

If he has defeated a particularly strong opponent, Aiden is able to sieze their soul and gain a new weapon from it. This weapon is the manifestation of their soul, but any intelligence or personality that came with that opponent is lost.

Devil Trigger: If Aiden's in serious trouble, he can shift into the demonic form of Balthazar. This change is both instant and dramatic. A few elements of his human appearance remain, but these are altered to reflect his new appearance. His skin becomes scaled and black, his eyes glow bright red. He grows a pair of horns from his forehead, and a pair of leathery wings sprout from his back. In this form, Aiden is even stronger than before, and he gains the ability to fly.

Backstory:
    Last edited by Devixer; 2014-10-01 at 10:35 PM.

16. - Top - End - #946
    Titan in the Playground

Nalin Fiendborn

Alias: None

Race: Tiefling (demon-descended, extremely powerful demon blood)

Alignment: N, or Blue-Red-Black using MtG color wheel

Class: Warlock (uses the power of the demon blood to fuel his magic)

Power Rating: 4.5 (particularly good at certain kinds of magic)

Description: Nalin is 6'2", around 150lbs, with white hair and light red eyes. His armor, a dented mithril breastplate with piecemealed greaves and gauntlets is normally glammered to look like simply pants and a shirt. A cloak hangs from his shoulders. Also concealed by magic are the two small horns up and forward from his ears, and the long tail snaking from behind him. A dagger hangs at his belt.

Personality: Nalin is grim, but a snarker. Even in the face of death, he has a habit of bad mouthing said face. He is confident in his powers, but knows that the greatest power he has is convincing people that he has a lot more power than he does.

Equipment: His breastplate is slightly magical, as is the dagger. The cloak is a relic he found when fighting a golemist, which enables his powers to circumvent most creature's resistance to magic (The Cloak of Immunity to Magic Immunity, actually an item he got in a DnD campaign)

Abilities: He can fire blasts of the traditional elements, raw dark magic, and acid. He has invisibility, flight, minor shapechanging, and a very slippery tongue. For more power, he can call up demons and bargain for favors or power, but he is very reluctant to do that.

Backstory: Nalin is very distantly descended from the demon lord Grazz't, and his father became Grazz't scion, which rekindled the demonic bloodline.
    Last edited by Vhaidara; 2014-07-12 at 12:45 PM.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

17. - Top - End - #947
    Ettin in the Playground

Candace

Race: Probably human
    Class: Bard
    Power rating: 1. Utterly mundane
    Description: Quite pale, with silver eyes and ghost-white hair. Rather petite, she stands only 4'8'' and weighs in at under a hundred pounds.
    Equipment: Currently pretty much limited to the clothes on her back.
    Abilities: Dancer, singer, storyteller, and general entertainer.
    Backstory: Ticked off a powerful wizard in her home world. Portalled into Nexus.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

18. - Top - End - #948

Zefir's Character Summary:

Most Played Characters:

Zefir
    - Leader of AMEN, adopted daughter Alexstraza (Played by the Alexandrian)[Is At School or else], pyrotechnist and owner of an own firework company. Got a secret Identity.

Fade - Schadow Person, Member of MERC, Emotionless. He is on a search, but none has asked for what..

Mia Mechanicus - High Priestress of Mechanicus, DnD Style Priest . Lost MDM in the Demon attack. Member of Virgil. Lost all her goods.

Nameless Guy - The name says it all. he just forgot his name and is a summoner.

Lesser Played Characters:

Arkant Del Gadis - Mastermind, manipulates the DNA of people to create his own minions. Currently raising up his lab in Skyside.

Mr C - Small magical green Lizard Toy creature, Librerian and adventurer.

Tovpir - Big Stone Scorpion (Simular to Skarner from League of Legends), Member of HALO.

Mika - Fox girl, born in the nexus. Graduation as Diploma - Chemistry.

Vis - Young Pokemon Trainer with a medival Design. Current Pokemon ??LvL Joltik(Spidy) and 10lvl? Torchic(Marscha). (Freed Pokemon at Foxside 52LvL Lobunny(Alex) and 27Lvl? Kirlia(Lisa))

Andreas Emeral - Cyborg, Doctor at GloG Infirmary. [DEADTIMED]
    Last edited by Zefir; 2018-05-02 at 03:13 AM.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

19. - Top - End - #949
    Orc in the Playground

Faction Profile: Union for the Defense of the Nexus (UDN)

The UDN, depending on who you might ask, is many things. Perhaps the most objective way of putting it is that it is latest in a long line of mutations of the same core government, from the Altaran Revolutionary Front to the Empire to Remnant and the Irregulars to what we have now. It is generally referred to as simply 'the Union' in shorthand, or perhaps, if someone felt rather contrary about what it formed from, 'the Empire.'

The UDN currently consists of Inside and other former territories of the Empire that either accepted the Empire's rule peacefully or, if they did not, now feel they have no choice.

Governmental Structure

A notable fact about the UDN is that its holdings are very frequently left to police themselves outside of military matters. Inside itself is subject to this, and Remnant remains Inside’s official law enforcement body. UDN membership comes with fairly loose obligations, including:

Spoiler: UDN Charter Stuff
    Show
    UDN members must not allow certain basic, obvious crimes. Slavery, murder, that sort of thing. Use your imagination.

UDN members must keep their civilian police force at an acceptable level of performance, or the UDN military will step in to repair it. Beyond this and the first provision, members are permitted to run their own civilian police forces and legal systems as they wish.

UDN members must pay certain taxes to the central government. It is notable that these are not exorbitant, but some may chafe under the matter nonetheless. One notable tax is on imports from outside the Union, while internal trade is not as heavily taxed.

UDN members may not raise separate military forces. The UDN military is unified, and shall remain so.

UDN members are subject to the central government’s policies and actions. Obviously, a UDN member is not allowed to engage in trade with any organization subject to an embargo or war by the central government, such as the Chimera Syndicate. Were the central government to institute a draft, all UDN members would be obligated to follow it.

UDN members can be considered to have an extradition agreement with each other. While their local laws may differ, a criminal in one town cannot flee to another with different laws. While his actions may not be illegal there, he is a criminal in a UDN holding, and will be persecuted as one.

And so on. These are most likely not limited to those alone (I’m hardly going to write up every law and policy ever), but it provides a decent enough idea. Local laws may vary wildly, and the central government does not dictate them. The exception on the note of local police is the capital city, Inside: As the capital and an exceptionally chaotic place due to its very nature, UDN military forces may supplement Remnant in police actions, much like the Altaran Irregulars did. However, it is unlikely that heavy forces will be deployed outside of exceptional circumstances, unless the disturbance is directed at or very near directly UDN-controlled property, the Spire, for example. The other exception is that many holdings of the Union did not make large claims to the territory around them, leading to a loophole wherein the Union's forces are essentially left to police large swaths of land outside any given settlement.

The UDN’s government and military are inextricably linked, as it is, effectively, an unusually light-handed military dictatorship. The head of state and commander-in-chief is the High Commander of the UDN, currently Vyrn Altaran. The second-in-command, whose duties include managing the diplomatic corps and intelligence, is the Vice Commander of the UDN. The Vice Commander is selected by the High Commander and takes over the role of the High Commander if the current holder of the title dies. The current Vice Commander of the UDN is the former Emissary of the Altaran Irregulars, N'alae t'Lhoell. The UDN's capital city is Inside, and its headquarters there is the Spire.

Military Structure

Although formed from the more loosely organized Altaran Irregulars, the UDN, in expanding to fill the shoes of the Empire once more, has formalized its subdivisions.

Spoiler: Army
    Show
    The UDN Army covers standard ground deployments, and contains subdivisions such as:

Hunter Project: A force specializing in takedowns of unusually powerful creatures, the Hunter Project is also a scientific endeavor with scientists on the payroll Union Defense Intelligence. It is small, and relies on the UDN Air Force for deployment support, but does control the Huntside Outpost. The Hunter Project consists solely of volunteers, for members’ bodies may very well become altered and mutated in the course of their activities in the Grounds. One notable member is Sergeant Doern Hill.

Revenant Corps: The UDN Army's special ops division, covering all that you'd expect. Stealth missions, sabotage, spec ops in general.

Spoiler: Air Force
    Show
    The UDN Air Force, having inherited the Altaran Irregulars’ air power, is arguably the most prestigious branch of the UDN military. With a mobile headquarters in the form of the IAV Sanctuary, which has kept its old Imperial registry mostly in the interest of others not confusing it with unmanned aerial vehicles, the UDN is certainly the fanciest branch of the military. The Army and Air Force cooperate very closely, with the Army stationing troops aboard Sanctuary for rapid-deployment purposes. The UDN Air Force’s overall commander is the severely-promoted General Anthony Cross, who now also serves as Sanctuary’s commanding officer. Subdivisions within the Air Force include:

1st Fighter Squadron “Gorsk Shots”: Nicknamed after a potent beverage distilled from engine coolant from a grim world in dark galaxy, the UDN 1st Fighter Squadron is (unsurprisingly) commanded by Major Noelle Xanatov. The Gorsk Shots are the UDN’s best known operators of the EvAV-3 Imperator Fighter-Gunship and its new Accuser variant, and use it and its variants to great effect. Its leader is best known as an eccentric ace, and the Gorsk Shots also frequently make use of auxiliary support of craft controlled by the Autarch Entity, due to the Major’s unofficial role in wrangling it.

Spoiler: Enforcer Corps
    Show
    The UDN Enforcer Corps exists in a bit of a loophole of the UDN Charter. While individual holdings of the Union are allowed to police themselves more or less as they wish, the territory between them is not necessarily patrolled or claimed by them. This is where the Enforcer Corps come in. Equipped with lighter and often older gear and vehicles, the Enforcer Corps operates mainly out in the Union’s ‘wilderness.’ The Enforcer Corps is populated disproportionately by recruits from the Union’s outer territories away from Inside, by those who seek to bring order to their lands and others who remember the benefits of the Empire.

The UDN does not have a separate naval subdivision. Instead, this role is mixed between the Army and Air Force, with the Army operating amphibious combat vehicles and the Air Force operating the EvEXV-1 Exploration Vehicle, and potentially others in the future.

A technically-separate branch that recruits from all UDN military and intelligence groups is the Ironwatch Unit, in charge of the defense of the High Commander, Vice Commander, and other high-ranking officers. Ironwatch answers to the High Commander and Vice Commander, and when not directly covering them, has a great deal of autonomy in its actions. The Ironwatch Unit is an elite group with the most advanced gear in the UDN, and is vaguely analogous to the Remnant Praetorians, albeit on a larger scale and not nearly as utterly insane.

Other UDN Subdivisions

Union Defense Intelligence is the intelligence agency of the UDN, in charge of espionage and other clandestine operations. Its head is the Vice Commander. Notably, UDI is also charged with technological and magical research.

The Union Diplomatic Corps is also headed by the Vice Commander, and obviously is in charge of the Union’s diplomatic efforts. It performs the important service of trying to convince foreign entities to join the Union. Note that in the case of both UDI and UDC, the High Commander can still override the Vice Commander, being the one in charge of the whole mess. They're just kicked down to the Vice Commander to spread the work around.

UDN Technology

With the creation of the UDN came a large boost in military power as the core of the Altaran Irregulars was expanded with new technology. Items you can expect to find in use in the UDN include, but are not limited to:

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: Personal Arms
    Show
    EvR-1 and EvP-1 Blasters
    Spoiler
    Show
    Evolution Industries blaster weapons largely replaced K-Corp pulse weaponry in the Empire's later days. These weapons' energy projectiles are not quite as powerful as the discharge from pulse weapons, and their power cells are limited. A rifle is limited to 30 shots before its power cells run out and must be replaced, akin to reloading. Pistols, being smaller, only have 12.

However, EI blaster power cells slowly recharge on their own over time. The blaster rifles also sport adaptable frames, suitable for numerous customizations. Should there be any of the magically-inclined around, the cells can be enchanted to use other more magical energies, and will automatically recharge with those instead.

EvIR, EvIP, and EvAT Ion Weapons
    Spoiler
    Show
    Specialized energy weapons, these are specifically made to be extra-effective against high-tech foes, and are adept at scrambling circuitry and shattering energy shields. Unlike other EI energy weapons, these are not reliant on MACE tech, and so do not recharge, being limited to a number of shots depending on the specific weapon type before needing to be reloaded. They generally come in the same types as conventional EI weapons, sans exceptionally MACE-dependent examples like the heavy assault blasters and sustained-beam weapons.

EvR-4 Beam Rifle and EvR-4B Modified Variant
    Spoiler
    Show
    This weapon is a favorite of Evolution's head, and is certainly an odd one. It fires small but deadly sustained beams that can last for several seconds before the weapon has to stop firing, or it can be stopped by simply releasing the trigger. It's useful for sweeping through multiple targets. Its large (for a weapon of its size) power cells recharge at a decent rate, though constant use of sustained beams will drain them faster than they can recharge. This version of the weapon does not have DC's version's variability.

The EvR-4’s original form is mostly here for reference’s sake. Most EvR-4s used by the UDN are EvR-4Bs, with the modifications described below.

EvR-4B: A version of the EvR-4 modified by UDI, the 4B adds a number of features to the basic weapon, including a collapsing stock, an output adjuster, and a mid-range scope. The output adjuster allows the weapon to discharge its power either much faster or slower, providing variable settings and uses. The EvR-4B is very popular in the mainline UDN army, especially among garrison forces that may wish to take a target alive. The Enforcer Corps, due to somewhat limited funding, does not have EvR-4s of any variety in large numbers.

EvAT-1 Precision Laser Cannon
    Spoiler
    Show
    An extremely powerful and accurate man-portable anti-tank laser cannon, somewhat similar in appearance to a rocket launcher. It has a scope mounted on one side, and a faint silvery glow is visible in stripes running down part of the length of the weapon at the very back of it. Were you to look into the weapon's barrel, you would see a number of focusing lenses in front of a brightly glowing silver device that powers the weapon.

EvAT-2 Beam Cannon
    Spoiler
    Show
    A bulkier EvAT-1 in outer appearance, this weapon has a larger power core but a slightly less intense initial blast, and lacks a scope. Its strength is in the intense beam it fires being able to maintain itself for a murderous sweep through masses of enemies, or multiple lighter vehicles.

EvHW-1 Assault Blaster
    Spoiler
    Show
    This weapon is what happens when you take a variable blaster, remove the variability, put it in a much larger, heavier frame, and give it significantly more rapid-fire capability. It's a very brutal weapon, spewing searing energy at a very high rate. It's similar to the EvAT-1 in appearance, only bulkier, lacking a scope, and the barrel is divided into a number of sub-barrels to allow more shots to be fired at once. This weapon is very simply designed to cut down huge numbers of infantry, and can fire for a long time before having to stop.

EvAM-1 Magic Scrambler
    Spoiler
    Show
    Resembling a spherical high-tech grenade, the EvAM-1 detonates to create a highly unstable field of various magical and not-so-magical energies, derived from a low-intensity MACE overload. This tends to play havoc with spells and other things, though it does not prevent their use entirely. It merely 'scrambles' them, meaning casters facing units equipped with it might want to be very careful about whether or not that next spell is worth risking.

PAT-4 Anti-Materiel Rifle
    Spoiler
    Show
    In the wake of Vyrn Altaran declaring war on the Chimera Syndicate, Evolution Industries and Altaran Intelligence (later UDI) began an R&D project known as Project Anti-Trust to produce weapons that could help turn the tide against the Syndicate. The first result of the project was the EvAV-5 Dominion Ground Attack Craft, followed by the EvAV-3B Accuser variant of the Imperator Fighter-Gunship and the EvCV-2 Omni-Tank. The fourth is the PAT-4 Anti-Materiel Rifle, a weapon that is in essence the personal-scaled version of the PAT-1 used by the Dominion Ground Attack Craft. A heavy gauss rifle loaded with charged crystalline projectiles derived from Evolution MACE systems encased in a metal shell to allow magnetism to do its thing, the PAT-4 is the sniper’s best friend when an enemy vehicle comes into view. Or when most anything comes into view, really.

Melee Weapons
    Spoiler
    Show
    There are a few melee weapons of note in the UDN’s armory.

One is the Supercharger combat knife, dating back to the early Empire. A device in the knife's hilt transfers electricity into the blade, electrocuting it and allowing for greater power. This feature can be turned on or off at will by the push of a button.

EvM-1 Infernal Edges also appear, mostly in combat knife form as well. These have extra-sharp black blades that can be further amplified by a different device in the hilt that superheats the blade to a deadly degree. They can, however, take a variety of forms.

Newer is the EvM-2 class of melee weapons. These are much rarer and take the form of weapons that look almost mundane. This is deceiving, however, as built-in systems allow them to generate a disruptive energy field that discharges when the weapon comes into forceful contact with something, giving the weapons significantly more power. The hilts and hafts, of course, don't have this effect, otherwise it'd be supremely dangerous. These weapons are very good at punching through armor, though it's sometimes impractical. Stabbing tanks isn't that great an idea.

Spoiler: Personal Armor
    Show

Basic Powered Armor Type 1 (AT-01)
    Spoiler
    Show
    An armor type inherited from the Altaran Irregulars’ alignment with Remnant, the AT-01 remains a mainstay of the UDN’s military forces. I won’t pretend that this is mine, so I’ll just link to Wolf’s writeup regarding it in this old thread. Just mentally replace Remnant-specific terms where needed.

EvA-1 Light Armor
    Spoiler
    Show
    A lighter armor type originally meant for Imperial Army scouts, it offers little protection against stronger attacks (though it'll protect against lighter weapons provided one is not under sustained fire) and is designed with maximum mobility in mind. The EvA-1 armor comes with a full helmet with a number of scanning features, including x-ray, infrared, night vision, and magic-detecting settings.
    Due to its still quite useful scanning abilities, EvA-1 light armor remains in use with the Enforcer Corps and security details.

EvA-4 Stealth Armor and EvA-4A Enhanced Stealth Armor
    Spoiler
    Show
    This armor type, colored jet-black, is suited for special forces, and is fully sealed with some life support capabilities for extreme environments. It has a built-in cloaking device and its helmet comes with EvA-1-level scanners. On top of this, it is more protective than the EvA-1 armor, holding up better against sustained fire, though it will still not stop armor-piercing or heavy weapons. The downside, of course, is that it’s rather uncomfortable and expensive.

The EvA-4A is an updated variant of the EvA-4 made by Evolution Industries. Incorporating a thermal underlayer to protect against infrared scans, the 4A works well, but is often considered uncomfortably heavy compared to even the base EvA-4.

EvA-5 Powered Flight Armor
    Spoiler
    Show
    The EvA-5 is a newer type of powered armor created with the interests of the Altaran Irregulars in mind: Effectively doubling the user's strength, offering similar levels of protection, and coming with built-in flight systems in the form of a propulsion pack on the back and similar boots, it is arguably superior to the Remnant AT-01 inherited by the Union. The downside is that it is less customizable and theatrical, lacking the cape for instance, but that's just fine for many.

‘Unity’ Powered Battle Armor
    Spoiler
    Show
    A design put out by Altaran Intelligence/UDI with fairly little Evolution Industries support beyond arranging for power systems, the 'Unity' power armor suit's exact technical specs are heavily classified by UDI. Featuring triple strength amplification and a slight edge in protection over the AT-01 and EvA-5 while retaining similar mobility, it is clear that the Unity suit incorporates some kind of new technological advances, and is not as bulky as one might expect. The Unity suit also incorporates unusually advanced scanning systems in its helmet, on par with the EvA-1. The suit even incorporates an AT-01-esque medical unit.

The Unity suit is compatible with a number of attachments, including a variety of back-mounted systems (a propulsion pack, an ammo or power pack for a heavy weapon, a cape similar to the AT-01’s…), flight boots, and potentially even wrist-mounted weaponry. Due to its overall superiority and similarity, it is sometimes referred to as the AT-02, but the UDN Army and UDI have denied that this is its designation. Due to the expenses involved in the suit’s production, the Unity suit is limited to elite forces like the Ironwatch Unit.

Spoiler: Other Gear
    Show

EvD-1 Guardian Drone and EvD-1a Power Beamers
    Spoiler
    Show
    The EvD-1 Guardian Drone and EvD-1a Power Beamers are meant to operate in tandem. The former, a skeletal humanoid robotic drone, is the main system. The Power Beamers use technology seen earlier in the Light of Evolution in Westside to beam power to the Guardian to grant it power levels normally impossible for a humanoid platform of its size. The Guardian, subsequently, has the power to project a powerful forcefield around itself that makes it nigh-impervious to small arms fire. Offensively, the Guardian's forcefields inflict electrical shocks on contact, and it can project an electric blast attack. Its main prowess is in its resilience, however. The Power Beamers are small, harmless hovering drones, and serve only to power the Guardian. Four go with a given Guardian. Obviously, destroying them tends to weaken the main drone, and as such, they have a tendency to zip around and generally be as evasive as possible while maintaining their power link. Guardian Drones generally supplement UDN Army forces and defend high-importance installations.

Spoiler: Aircraft
    Show
    IAV Sanctuary
    Spoiler
    Show
    For a detailed description, see the current thread for the UDN's major bases, currently the old Irregular one. However, the ship's current aircraft complement will be noted here.

Following the formation of the Union, the ship's aircraft complement underwent a drastic modernization and expansion. Older aircraft were relegated to garrison forces and the Enforcer Corps, leaving Sanctuary's complement as the best of the best.

30 EvAV-3 Imperator Fighter-Gunships
    -Of these, 10 are EvAV-3B Accuser Interceptors.
    30 EvAV-4 Savior Shuttles
    15 EvAV-5 Dominion Ground Attack Craft
    10 EvEXV-1 Exploration Vehicles

K-Corp Harpy Gunship
    Spoiler
    Show
    This VTOL craft is old even for Imperial materiel, dating back to when K-Corp still supplied the Empire.

These resemble Orca gunships, only with a rapid-fire laser turret on the nose and wing-mounted turbolasers instead of missiles for weapons. In addition, they are jet black and come with extremely quiet whisper engines. The K-Corp Harpy is extremely rare among UDN aircraft, two relegated to the Inside garrison.

Evolution Industries EvAV-1 Gunship
    Spoiler
    Show
    A VTOL aircraft very similar to the older K-Corp Harpy Gunship, the EvAV-1 unfortunately lacks its predecessor's whisper engines, that technology not being in Evolution Industries' possession. Instead, it uses a more advanced repulsor drive similar to those found in hover vehicles to move and remain aloft, emitting a loud, low-pitched humming noise when active. It is also black in coloration, and is armed with twin heavy laser cannons and a single rapid-fire blaster turret, arranged very much like the Harpy's armaments.

These seem to be inferior overall compared to the older K-Corp craft, however.

Following the formation of the Union, production of EvAV-3s and 4s increased, and 1s and 2s have increasingly been relegated to the purview of garrison forces and the Enforcer Corps.

Evolution Industries EvAV-2 Transport
    Spoiler
    Show
    The EvAV-2 is simple-a transport variant of the EvAV-1. It's more boxy and less well-armed, sporting only the blaster turret. However, it contains room for up to 12 troops. Some EvAV-2s come in stealth transport variants originally used by Imperial stealth commandos.

Following the formation of the Union, production of EvAV-3s and 4s increased, and 1s and 2s have increasingly been relegated to the purview of garrison forces and the Enforcer Corps.

Evolution Industries EvAV-3 Imperator Fighter-Gunship and EvAV-3B Accuser Interceptor
    Spoiler
    Show
    A newer model of gunship with significant extra versatility compared to the older EvAV-1, the EvAV-3 combines the advantages of conventional VTOL craft and jets, able to fly about like a plane while retaining full VTOL capability like the older gunships. While it is not as maneuverable as conventional fighters and lacks missile armament, some say this is an advantage, for missiles and bombs are very hard to use in urban areas. The EvAV-3 thus offers superior precision in cities. It is armed with twin sweeper beam guns and a single powerful laser cannon. The EvAV-3 is also equipped with a point defense laser turret for shooting down missiles. Like the EvAV-2, it has a stealth variant, replacing the Vengeance fighters.

The EvAV-3 now comes in an interceptor variant known as the EvAV-3B Accuser, stripping out the heavy laser cannon and its heavy power plant in favor of mounting a Project Anti-Trust PAT-2 gauss weapon in its place (see the EvAV-5’s description below). The PAT-2 weapon uses similar ammunition to the PAT-1 (see the Dominion below), but smaller and with a high rate of fire. The combined high-speed projectiles and blasts from the PAT ammunition make short work of…well, a lot of things, really. Due to the lesser stress on the aircraft’s power systems, the Accuser’s engines were upgraded, granting it greater speed and maneuverability compared to the standard Imperator. The Accusers are now a favorite of the Gorsk Shots.

Evolution Industries EvAV-4 Savior Shuttle
    Spoiler
    Show
    The EvAV-4 is to the EvAV-3 as the EvAV-2 is to the EvAV-1: A lesser-armed transport variant. The EvAV-4 sports only a single sweeper beam, trading the necessary power and equipment for the other beam and laser cannon for a transport compartment. It does, however, sport a second point defense laser turret, better to protect its precious cargo with. It also has stealth variants.

Evolution Industries EvAV-5 Dominion Ground Attack Craft
    Spoiler
    Show
    The EvAV-5 is the first result of Project Anti-Trust. A craft similar in design to the Imperator Fighter-Gunship and Savior Shuttle, the Dominion is vastly more heavily armored and is not as maneuverable as a result. It mounts a point-defense system much like them, and has a single sweeper beam turret for defense. Its main weapon is an Altaran/UDI PAT-1 heavy gauss cannon mounted on the underside of the craft that loads unusual crystalline ammunition encased in a metal shell. The ammunition is in actuality EI power-tech derived bombs, with the main weapon a Union in-house design and the ammunition supplied by EI. When the ammunition impacts and explodes, its stored power is released. This can come in multiple varieties as EI ground weapon power systems do, though the standard is a typical energy blast. The PAT-1 cannon essentially makes the Dominion a precision bomber, able to adapt its ammunition for any attack role.

Evolution Industries EvEXV-1 Exploration Vehicle
    Spoiler
    Show
    Resembling the EvAV-3 and 4, the EvEXV-1 is a larger, bulkier craft without built-in weapons or a major transport compartment. Instead, it is a heavily customizable exploration vehicle, able to be made to operate in a number of different environments. It can be fitted with parts to allow it to operate underwater, shielding systems to protect it from extreme temperatures, self-defense weaponry, and yet more attachments. It might even be able to operate in the void of space...if anyone manages to launch one up there. The weaponry varies depending on the environment it is currently exploring. It seats four, and boasts reinforced environmental seals and sensitive sensor systems by default.

Spoiler: Other Vehicles
    Show
    EvCV-2 ‘Omni-Tank’ Amphibious Combat Vehicle
    Spoiler
    Show
    A heavy hover-tank mounting a Project Anti-Trust turret as its main cannon (termed the PAT-3), the EvCV-2 gets the name ‘Omni-Tank’ partly from the secondary repulsors that deploy from its sides over water, allowing it to act as a patrol craft over water as well. The other part of where it gets its name is its modular secondary weapon, currently coming in three variants:

An anti-aircraft rocket pod mostly intended to fend off VTOL craft like helicopters.
    A similar rocket-artillery pod.
    And finally, a heavy anti-infantry rapid fire laser turret.

The final variant is the most typical ‘tank’, as it essentially provides a classic ‘cannon and machine gun’ combination. Due to the disuse of more specialized assault tanks and other heavy vehicles in the Empire, the EvCV-2 was designed to fill a variety of roles without the same expense as maintaining entirely separate vehicles. It is not frequently used in cities, aside from some use as a patrol boat.

EvPC-2 ‘Rocket Coffin’ Patrol Craft
    Spoiler
    Show
    An unfortunately nicknamed two-seating skimmer craft designed to operate in pairs or trios, the EvPC-2 is the standard patrol vehicle used by the UDN’s Enforcer Corps in the lands controlled by the Union. The vehicle has precisely one thing going for it, and that is simple speed. For a ‘ground’ patrol craft, the EvPC-2 is extremely fast. However, it equips only a single beam turret for defensive purposes, and its armor is very light, leading to its nickname among the Enforcer Corps. It does have some sensor capability for the sake of its use as a patrol craft, but this does not do much to calm its operators.

Last edited by Darkcomet; 2014-08-12 at 01:07 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

20. - Top - End - #950

Vemnon

Race/Species: Asura
    Profession: Guardian

Description:
    Spoiler: Picture
    Show

Vemnon stands at a little under four feet tall, and his head is just a bit too large for his body. He's usually wearing his suit of armor, with a two-handed sword on his back.

Personality: Anyone who's met more than one Asura will probably be surprised by Vemnon, and how little he cares about anything like science or golemancy. They'll be more surprised that he doesn't think that he's better or significantly smarter than them, and his generally friendly attitude. He approaches new people with a fond greeting and a smile on his face, rather than a snide "Can you be helped?" Generally the only way to get him to be elitist at all is to get him talking about cooking, and then he'll talk about how great he is at that. As long as that subject's avoided, Vemnon will remain quite friendly.

He happens to be very curious about the world around him, and is fond of exploring and looking for adventure. Vemnon also believes in defending those who can't defend themselves, as evidenced by his choice in profession.

Equipment: Vemnon wears a suit of armor, which is enchanted to protect him from both magical and physical attacks. He also has a two-handed sword on his back, which is enchanted in a similar way.

Abilities: Vemnon's is decent enough at fighting with his greatsword. He uses his smaller size to his advantage to get into his opponent's blind spot. His sword is a bit heavy for him, so his swings tend to be a bit telegraphed and he can take time to get any momentum. More remarkable is the way he uses light magic in conjunction with his sword strikes. There may be a blinding flash of light as he starts to swing, or he may throw chains of light at foes to constrict them as he closes in on them. His combat style is all about hurting his enemies and helping his allies.

Outside of battle, Vemnon is a well-practiced smith, and made his own armor. He's also a very good cook, something he's very aware of.

Backstory: To come later
    Last edited by Devixer; 2014-08-11 at 02:49 AM.

21. - Top - End - #951
    Titan in the Playground

Name: Sedra
    Race: Orc
    Profession: Magi-technologist
    Power Level: B

Powers:
    Enchantment Magic:
    She can temporarily enchant items with magic in the short term as improvised enchantments, but for more permanent enchantment it takes certain rituals to pull off to make the enchantment stick. She can also alter and modify existing enchantments, most of the time temporarily but sometimes permanently.

Equipment:
    Enchanted Clothing:
    Where Sedra is from, magitech through enchantment is commonplace, and therefore normal armor is outdated as magical enchantments can make any clothing protective as armor through force fields.

Blaster-Blade:
    Similarly her sword is enchanted so that it can shooting lightning when she wills it so. Where she comes from, bows and crossbows are outdated and guns were never invented because its more practical to enchant melee weapons with ranged spell capabilities.

Flight Boots:
    Her boots allow her to fly, and has an additional enchantment against air friction. Most short distance travel is done by such boot-flight, while long distance travel to other cities is handled by portals and teleportation, and therefore vehicles mostly serve as long exploration, pleasure cruises or military applications, with some eccentric exceptions here and there.

Spirinet Glove:
    Glove with a crystal in it that houses a spirit of intellect created to be loyal to its owner, whose job is to gather information from the spirits in everything around them, mostly by talking to them, and then presenting that information to the user. The Glove-spirit of course can persuade the spirits around it to make something different happen, like a door spirit open the door when one is infiltrating a base. This spirits name is Zani.

Modded Illusion Orb:
    These Orbs are usually used as the ultimate home entertainment tech showing and playing out any fantasy the user so wish, however the enchantment can be illegally modified to be show illusions to your enemies at the user's direction.

Arca-Goggles:
    These goggles when put on and activated allow one to see the normally invisible workings of magic.

Skills:
    Expert Enchanter
    Good Fighter
    Good Explorer
    Well-Rounded Education

Personality:
    She is always looking to explore new wonders and discover new things about the world, not willing to let tyrants and conspirators stand in the way of the truth or healing the suffering of others. She is passionate about her work of enchanting and willing to improvise it however she can to achieve her goals.

Description:
    She has short black hair, brass goggles placed above her blue eyes, a buttoned up vest over her white tunic, long pants and boots, and has a short tough physique used to fighting and exploring the wilderness, and she has her Blaster-Blade Machete sheathed at her belt, her skin is green.

Backstory:
    She comes from a magitech society where the rich and powerful rule over the poor and the needy, with all the most advanced technology being kept by those in power while everyone else suffers for it. She was one of the rebels fighting to try and change it, but had to escape to other worlds to keep from being captured. The rest of her backstory is flexible.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

22. - Top - End - #952
    Orc in the Playground

Name: Sonya
    Race: Mechanical Humanoid
    Alignment: Chaotic Lawful
    Hair: Blueish Gray
    Eyes: Iridescent Blue
    Power Rank A

Show

Power Battery: May or may not be powered by the anguished screams and tears of a bound elemental.

Spoiler: Abilities
    Show

Immense Strength: Sonya is strong enough to simply walk through a skyscraper. By that I mean in the literal sense of walking through concrete and steel as if they were mere pieces of tissue to hold her back.

Eco/Plane Friendly Green Energy: Sonya's energy source is actually Fel magic that is slowly purified to nice clean (possibly volatile) arcane.

Radiation: Sonya can radiate the area around her with purified energy as a "party trick"

Show
    Sonya is incredibly socially awkward with her limited experience with mortal beings. She's clumsy, naive, slow witted and in spite of all this, she has a decent sense of mortality backed up by sometimes seemingly cold logic.

Spoiler: Back story
    Show
    Sonya's first moment of life she found herself laying down on a bed with a group of hooded men staring down at her. The first sensations she felt were fear and pain in her mechanical chest right before speaking her first words “What is this?!”

From that very moment she ran physically through a wooden wall with ease and just simply kept going for months as she busted down whatever was coming in-front of her as she just simply ran up until she couldn’t remember why she was even running. She would find herself among spirits who found her facinating who she would live with for over 200 years up until they simply vanished. The spirits were thankfully kind enough to teach her what she could need to know to survive in the world...

However that was mostly their logic and it would get Sonya into a heap of trumble as warrior after warrior attempted to take her down while she just simply took what she wanted and did with it as she pleased. Examples of this being taking money from banks and bestowing it upon the needy as well as food and highly combustive objects.

She was eventually stopped by a being much stronger than her who taught her on being more subtle. This did very little for Sonya other than taught her not to go on massive chaotic sprees of... well chaos.
    Last edited by Vulkan; 2018-08-27 at 01:39 PM.

23. - Top - End - #953

Arlem d'Arlion Merisanne

"Sometimes you believe you're inside the world, while you're actually inside the mouth of a vast, perfect shapeshifter."
    Race/Species: Fae Majshallar
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral / White
    Class/Profession: Priest
    Power Rating: 6 or A
    Description: Could be anyone, anything.
    Ross-shape: A heavyset blackfurred young catgirl.
    Justin-shape: A vulpan man, a humanoid fox, very much like a certain remembered fellow in another world, but with extra tails, one per priestly rank.
    Spider-shape: A yellow garden spider, anywhere from normal-size to terrifying.
    Personality: A mix of helpful and angry. Arlem loves reading and watching, likes teasing people mildly, and thinks people who keep their thoughts or shape to themselves are no fun at all. Arlem is responsible and will follow orders and always meet his obligations (if not always happily).
    Equipment:
    Dorothy - Dorothy is the Great Sword, the weapon of War. Usually just a dagger, it'll have a feathered serpent and a soaring eagle etched in the hilt, flying side-by-side, but at blows at one and another. Affixed to the hilt is an infinite chain that is affixed to something in another world. It moves freely, but does not hang, and fades away link by link. It rarely speaks, but should have a mind of its own. It kills gods. This was a gift from Ariez.
    A good pair of shoes - Capable of transforming into any footwear imaginable, or folding up into bands if you have no feet.
    Palette of paint - That can be applied to things it really shouldn't be able to.
    Shield belt - Metal links, forcefields.
    Illusionary pet
    Abilities:
    Mind Reader - Arlem is basically always reading the surface thoughts and feelings of people nearby. If it's in someone's head, he should be able to get to it eventually. Also includes some non-reading psionic powers.
    Miracle Worker - A mix of Faith-based magic and Sufficiently Advanced Technology.
    Shapeshifter - A Shallar can take on any approximately humanoid form, but Arlem can take on any form whatsoever, and shift it with much rapidity.
    The mark of the spider-friend - "by authority of my queen [Al'ic'ark'thk: fifth Throne of Spiderkin], the lady of the spiders of the eternal wood"
    Backstory:
    The things were closing in from all around. Monsters of twisted metal and poisoned air. It would be a while before they reached the top of the keep, but it was clear there was no hope of victory. A pair of children cowered in a corner as the lords of the city argued over what to do. Blades were drawn, spells were hurled. Bodies fell. There would be an escape after all. One from which there would be no return.
    Arlem remembers the sun going out, though his older sister tells him that's not what actually happened. The portal just happened to block that part of the sky.
    His father Aran had died in the fighting long ago, his mother Desa just now. But everyone else was there. In the new world they found themselves in, one by one they wandered away. Seven (or five plus two) of them only were still together when the Freedom landed at the Asylum. Outcasts and exiles, from church and hive and dimension. They went their separate ways in little groups, Arlem and his sister Shaneir, Riki and Vaan and Merhin, Erel and Jon. And then the pair split. Arlem had joined HALO, a way to make up for his past failures as a hero, he hoped. His sister followed the call of an all-too-human monster, whose title shall not be put down here.
    Life in HALO was not smooth. Kidnappings, mind control, lies and violence. And a few moments of heroism and actual Good among them. From the time mad plants broke the dome to the time he tried to eat fellow member Kwen to the xenomorphs of Skyside, to the destruction and replacement of the grand library, well-
    Miscellaneous:
    Birthday: November 12
    Doesn't turn into the shapes of VIGIL members.
    Often doesn't get along with Myobi, or others with condescending long-term views.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2021-06-23 at 11:58 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #954
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Alias: Grape Tentacle, Wiggle Wizard
    Race/Species: Wiggle Wizard, until I can come up with a proper race name.
    Class/Profession: Wizardy, Universe Protection
    Power Rating: Iunno.
    Description: A short, tanned male in an almost entirely covering grape purple robe. Said robe covers everything but his hands, and his face. His robe has gold embroidering around the edges, with a set of buttons to close it on the left side of his chest, leading from his neck down to his waist, where the robe remains opened. Underneath, he wears a purple pair of sweatpants, with no shoes. His eyes are a remarkable shade of purple, and his hair is black, cut rather short, coming down to about the middle of his forehead on an inward curve. His robe is completely clean, and looks as though it's brand new.
    Personality: A big joker, generally wisecracking even during stressful situations. He tends to find people he likes and attaches to them in a rather emotionally unhealthy way considering his lifespan versus most people he would meet who are new to him. He can get serious at times, but when Grape gets serious, you should be scared. Very, very scared.
    Equipment: Well.... He has a purple cloak.
    Abilities: Grape is a Tentacle Wizard, and as such has various affinities with tentacled creatures. He's friends with some , octopi can communicate with cuttlefish, can communicate enough with squids to know they're ****ing insane, and happens to be good friends with Cthulhu. Along with his affinities for tentacled beings, he also has various forms of magic.
    To start off with, he has various tentacle based magics, mostly made up by me on the spot, from things like growing tentacle fingers and extra arms, to summoning massive building sized tentacles to fight for him, though obviously kept to a reasonable level. He also has the ability to make anything taste like some incarnation of grapes, be it grape soda, grape wine, grapes, grape juice, anything that came from, or is, grapes. Along with this, he has the most generic of all magics: Generic Color Based Combat Magic. In this case purple. The standard, purple bolt of energy, purple energy beam, purple AOE, purple wall of energy, that sort of thing. Also use said purple magic to help with movement, along with rather inhuman jump height, and above average strength in his normal limbs. Along with this list is telepathy, though easily blocked with any training, and very minor serendipity.
    Backstory: Grape is a wiggle wizard, a group of elite and highly powerful wizards assigned to a universe to act as a safeguard, to keep all the supernatural things from screwing with normal things too much. Wiggle Wizards are sent out in teams of five, his consisting of Himself, the Tentacle Wizard grape flavoured(obviously) and purple coloured, Rainbow Flavour AKA Skit, the Rainbow Priest many flavoured and rainbow coloured(obviously), Bumpy Peacekeeper, AKA Mike, the Musical Mage cherry flavoured red coloured, The Wizard AKA Nerd, Pixel painter Mint Flavoured Grey coloured, and the fifth wizard was Tree Hugger AKA Mica, Symbiotic Thaumaturge Lime Flavoured Green Coloured.
    So, the Wiggle Wizard team set out to protect a universe. Specifically, ours. The one we currently exist in. And, so they did. And so they got really bored. Even with their time advantage on humans and all other life forms in the universe, they still weren’t able to get any good entertainment. ‘cept for books. Buuut, Grape was getting really, really bored. For about six years after they arrived in human time, the Wiggle Wizards did nothing. Nothing was needed. Until some demon worshippers managed to summon an actual greater demon. Grape was obviously overjoyed at the chance of a fight, while everyone else was freaking out that there was not only a greater demon now that they had to fight, but also there was the question of how did the humans manage to summon a greater demon anyway? Humans were generally magically inept, or else barely powerful in any meaningful sense. However, the didn’t have much time to think on that, because it was time to ship off and fight the demon.
    Everything started off well. They arrived, the demon hadn’t gone far. It had eaten all the witnesses. The wizards were deflecting everything the demon could throw at them. Until Grape, who had been running defence with, got cocky and decided that he could totally fight the demon and defend the others. Needless to say, it didn’t end well. Mica was hit by a large rock by the demon, severing her spine at the waist. The Wizards managed to fight the demon off, but Mica was unconscious, and by the time they returned and she had woken up it was far too late for her to heal her spine. However, she was out for quite a while, several days by Wizard’s time. Grape did not leave her bedside, nor sleep until she woke up, upon which time he crashed and didn’t wake up for several days.
    But, now, unfortunately, they had to run a four man max team for missions on earth, and have a stay at home medic. It actually worked pretty well. They got her a wheelchair, installed a ramp so she could get up to her room, it was all good. That is, until a time around when rome started eyeing Europe. The wizards were on a mission, and returned to find their base completely wrecked. Claw marks on the walls, the doors, the floor, the stairs were practically completely destroyed. The maintenance was utterly screwed, and worst of all, there were trampled plants everywhere. Needless to say, all of the wizards scrambled up anything they could to get upstairs.
    However, they arrived too late. A shadowy figure was holding Mica by the throat, and she had various cuts on her body already, all oozing a black pus like thick liquid. As the four wizards arrived, the shadowy figure disappeared into the darkness of the hallway, gone entirely. They did everything they could for Mica, even slowed down the passage of time to hundreds of years in the wizard’s sanctum to an earth second just in case it would help. However, she died Eighteen hours later. The entire team was, to put it gently, in pieces. Grape locked himself in his room, Mike just seemed dead inside, Skit was snapping at everybody, and Nerd just had no energy. After a while, the feeling faded. They almost tried to pretend they never had a fifth, that there were always four wizards. The carefully removed Mica from all their group pictures, and placed the removed pieces in a lockbox and carefully hid it. They functioned quite well. Mostly.
    See, Grape had huge issues mentally after that point, basically feeling like he had just killed Mica, as he had gone off and tried to kill the greater demon when he should have been protecting, and screwed that up. So he held himself directly responsible. Thankfully, as time went on, more and more distractions began to appear. They quickly adopted video games, and built a game room. They created various snack machines to permanently create snacks and delicious beverages for their consumption. This went on for several thousand years, everything was hunky dory, when Grape and the other wizards got a message from the oldest living Wiggle Wizard at Sixty five hundred trillion years old, who was soon to die of old age. He invited them to visit him before he died, but unfortunately died before they could all get there. Grape, however, wanted to see the universe that the oldest and Wisest Wiggle Wizard and said wizard’s team had helped to sculpt, and so he got some help from his good friend Cthulhu to let him jump over to the old Wizard’s world. However, along the way, Cthulhu had to go deal with some issues with the Abyssal fish man on the tenth floor, and his downstairs Shoggoth neighbor(something about music and eating children), and had to leave halfway through, resulting in the good Grape being dumped in the Nexus, with no way home or to his destination.
    Miscellaneous: Good friends with Cthulhu. Oh, did I mention his favorite color is purple?
    Prepare for so much crass humor, they had to build a KEEP to hold it all in.

25. - Top - End - #955

Default Recaiden Child Directory

Children here can all be assumed to have
    Alignment: True Neutral/Colorless
    Class/Profession: None
    Power Rating: E- / 1

Atorre's Children

Michel
    Race/Species: Human++, winged
    Description: Black-skinned human toddler, curly black hair, bat-like wings, green eyes, no visible gem. Off-white swaddling.
    Personality: Melancholic. Excitable.
    Abilities: Walking!
    Backstory: Son of Plum and Seren. Left on Nick's doorstep, then given to GLoG.

Atsuko
    Race/Species: Human+, winged
    Description: Light brown-skinned human toddler, short brown hair, bat-like wings, green eyes, an orange gem in the center of her forehead. Blue footie pyjamas.
    Personality: Curious. Excitable.
    Abilities: Walking! Saying individual words! Eventually she should learn to fly.
    Backstory: Left in Riverside by Atorre, to be retrieved by Okami's pack as part of a social experiment. Humans grow up faster than the other races, so they're best suited to these things.
    Daughter of Marcie and Tavlii.
    Miscellaneous:
    Can not easily be found.

Alex
    Race/Species: Human
    Description: A gangly, narrow boy.
    Personality: The circumstances of his youth left Alex brain-damaged, with monomaniacal tunnel vision.
    Backstory: Child of Kai and Derek, Alex was at the time Atorre's most ambitious experiment in extending the link. It was informative, but an almost total failure. He is well cared-for on the island.
    Miscellaneous:

Ziselle

Race/Species: Majshallar
    Description: A snow-white vulpan kit.
    Personality: Dedicated and loyal, eager to prove himself.
    Equipment:
    Abilities: Although not old enough to shapeshift like his father, he does have a psionic empathic sense.
    Backstory: Child of Arlem and Felina, he's a pureblood rather than a hybrid like Shaneir thanks to the medipotions provided by the lich Michaud.
    Miscellaneous: Pledge, Pledge, Pledge.

Hatchlings

The four children of Keiko and Cleo, from Keiko using Michaud's spell the night after the storm god was banished.
    Race/Species: Shadow Dragon
    Description: Shiny eastern-style dragons with glossy scales. They have fringes, whiskers, slightly mobile ears, and fins, often more colorful than the scales on their body and legs.
    Miscellaneous:

Ayako looks quite like her mother, with black scales, fringes fading through dark purple, lavender, and lilac to silvery white, and piercing red eyes.
    Traits: Bold and snappy.
    Miscellaneous: a very bright orange wand, with a grip that a little dragon should find comfortable, that produces illusions.

Miyako looks quite like her mother, with black scales, fringes fading through dark purple, lavender, and lilac to silvery white, and piercing red eyes.
    Traits: Melancholy and nervous.
    Miscellaneous: black and blue shadow wand.

Kronoa has scales of mottled red, black, pink, and purple. Her fringes, whiskers, ears, and fins are a riot of different colors. Her eyes are distant and faintly glowing grey.
    Traits: Quiet, Calm
    Miscellaneous:

Hanako takes after her father, pink all over like the light of late dawn. Her fringes, whiskers, ears, and fins are all the same pink-gold. Her eyes are intense and brightly glowing green.
    Traits: Curious, playful, encouraging.
    Miscellaneous: Gets along with Hunter's fox.
    Color: Peru

Amyria Mein

Race/Species: Post-shallar
    Alignment: Green and Blue and White / Lawful Neutral
    Class/Profession: Politician
    Power Rating: C
    Description: A swarm of scores, maybe hundreds of tiny flying dragon-reptiles, each weighing about half a kilogram, which have zero to six legs. Silver in color. They may form together into approximations of humanoid creatures. Specifically, an androgynous, silvery-skinned human with pointy frilled ears and slightly large eyes. Teeth are a single ridged piece, and they stand well over six feet tall.
    Personality: Pragmatic, teasing, greedy.
    Equipment: One bright light embroidered outfit bought with money for participating in an experiment. Mayor's sash.
    Abilities: Transformations, flexible anatomy, generating lightning bolts, flying, mind reading and other psionic powers.
    "the ability of being able to identify and interpret magical auras! No mystic bauble will go unidentified with this guy around!"
    Backstory: Came into the Nexus following Arlem's call to his family. Quite scornful of their primitive ancestor, they attempted to steal him away, and ended up speaking with Inari's messengers. Asked around, came to Riverside, began political campaigning. Became mayor, argued for the district t stay independent. Investigated demons, lost to Jezebel. Died in the demon invasion.
    Miscellaneous: Not allowed to join the temple of Inari.
    Can be found in the Eastside Town Hall.
    Spoiler: Modules
    Show

Alpha modules are like Aki, Mei in miniature. Tiny dragons with 4 legs, long sail wings running down the tail, and little horns. Alphas are generic and highly expendable.
    Limb - Forming the interacting parts of a humaniform colonies.
    Padding - Filling in the flesh and bone, armoring the more important pieces.

Beta modules have no legs or horns. Flying serpents, they're found only in large colonies. Betas have high psychoactivity and are low in mass. Structural elements that are reticent to split up and soothe other modules into cooperation.
    Psionic Amplifier - Lets the colony manifest psychic powers outside their immediate area.
    Wyvern Locomotion Core (no practical application)
    Humanoid Locomotion Core
    Quadruped Locomotion Core (no practical application)
    Morality Nullifier

Gamma modules are like wyverns. Two back legs, and shorter necks than normal.
    Pattern Command (One active, one backup)
    Central Consciousness (set of ~5)
    Sub Consciousness (set of ~3)
    Universal Grammar Decoder
    Universal Grammar Synthesizer
    Spatial Awareness Core

Delta modules have no wings and no horns.
    Wild Prince Appearance Modifier - Developed based on Jacakalope.

Last edited by Recaiden; 2021-08-23 at 12:15 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #956
    Dylanbeto06
    Guest in the Playground

Name: Ellanday the Last
    Power: lvl 10
    Race: human
    Affiliation: Mercenary, former soldier

Ellanday, the Last called by many, served in the Deagan armies against the country of Ramite, and later fought in the Deagan civil war. A scarred 39 year old soldier turned mercenary, he stands at 6 '4 and weighs at around 200 pounds. He almost always wears his hardy set of steel plate along with the claymore restig on his back. Durimg the Deagan civil war he was nicknamed the Last by soldiers who served under him, they said that he was the last honorable commander left during the civil war. Once the war ended he turned to mercenary work, and travels the land with his battlehorse in search of adventure. He is most comfortable with a two handed sword in combat, but has some skill with a spear, and is deadly in unarmed combat.

Personality: a sarcastic man leaving his prime, he will generally protect and help those in need, but his time in the war has also left him with a temper that could be fatal for those near him when he blows. He has a soft spot for orphans and crippled soldiers, but generally hates politicians. Once befriended he is fiercely loyal, and will do anything he can to help his friends. He isnt afraid to kill, but wont kill for enjoyment.

27. - Top - End - #957

Miria Sophie Armstrong
    "Knowledge is power, truly. Arcane and Alchemic Knowledge, especially. It's my job to see it used for good."

Aliases: RimeFire Alchemist
    Race: Human (Amestrian)
    Alignment: Good
    Power Level: C

Appearance:
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

28. - Top - End - #958
    Orc in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Mechanus son of Hephaestus

Race/Species: Demigod (Greek)
    Alignment: (to be determined)
    Class/Profession: Artificer/Engineer/Blacksmith/Mechanic
    Power Rating: C- (he is not combat oriented, however he is a demigod and can swing a hammer when it's necessary)
    Description: A large man with reddish brown hair that is kept short but is cut haphazardly, his beard and mustache are kept in a similar manner. (more on appearance later)
    Personality: (to be determined)
    Equipment: Magnifying Goggles: with adjustable magnification. Control Bracers: a pair of golden bracers with numerous magical crystals embedded in them that allow Mechanus to control his swarm of mechanical spiders and flies. Mechanical Spider and Fly Swarm: a large number of small mechanical spiders and flies that obey his commands given through the bracers, the spiders are approximately 6" in diameter and can climb vertical surfaces, the flies are approximately 2 inches in diameter, both have golden colored alloy chassis and have numerous small magical crystals embedded in them.
    Abilities: Mechanus is a master craftsman and can create magical items of superb quality, he is also immensely stronger than most humans due to his divine heritage, and is able to completely ignore heat up to 1000 degrees centigrade and can handle up to 2000 degrees for short periods of time. He is however completely untrained in combat and has no experience fighting, preferring to send automatons to fight in his stead. He also has a weak left leg and cannot sprint well.
    Backstory: He is the son of Hephaestus and the daughter of Daedalus, and spent 10 years apprenticing under Daedalus before he took up his own workshop and forge. He was working in his workshop one day when he found himself suddenly in an altogether different world, Nexus.
    The first rule of gaming, before you have even chosen the game is and always should be

HAVE FUN

(FUN being defined as it is in dwarf fortress)

29. - Top - End - #959
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Faceless J

Varies: Jax, Jericho, Juri, Just Cause

Alias: Known by its personas. Currently: Jax, Jericho, Juri, and Just Cause
    Gender: Unknown. Adopts the gender (and appearance) of the currently dominant persona.
    Race/Species: Unknown. Adopts the appearance and racial characteristics of the currently dominant persona.
    Age: Unknown. Very old, certainly. Jax (the oldest existing persona) has been present for 200 years, and he was certainly not the first.
    Alignment: Unknown. Each persona has their own alignment. When J itself makes its will known at all, it's generally benevolent.
    Class/Profession: Explorer. About the only thing about J that is known.
    Power Rating: Depends on active persona. Usually C+/B-. Treated as a whole, could be considered A- due to available pool of skills and powers.
    Description: Unknown. There is no record of J ever being seen in its natural state, only the forms it adopts as different personas take control.
    Personality: Unknown. Personas may mention "The Will of J", a subtle instinct shared between them all. Assumed to be the influence of the actual entity, The Will of J is described as being curious and empathetic, with a driving need to keep moving and exploring that grows stronger the longer it stays in one place.
    Equipment: Each persona has its own equipment that appears and disappears along with their body.
    Abilities: Able to generate personas, complete identities with their own appearance, perspective, skill set, and equipment. Each persona is aware of all other active personas, and they frequently converse in a virtual environment. When a persona dies, J does not. However, the persona is lost upon death. It is capable of interdimensional teleportation and possibly even time travel, but these abilities are not directly accessible by its personas. The closest they can manage are random hops which usually place them near interesting events, with no way of getting back to where they came from. Currently, the assembled personas favor the teleportation magic employed by Jax for transportation, which is limited but far more reliable.
    Backstory: Very little about the entity obliquely referred to as Faceless J is known, even to the personas that inhabit it. Supposedly it's quite ancient, as a now deceased persona claimed to be over a thousand years old, though the oldest persona currently active is barely over 200. It's purposes are unknown and its direction is largely determined by its personas. The personas seem to be composite identities pulling aspects from several people it has recently encountered and each one seems to be tailored to serve some need.
    Miscellaneous: Faceless J, as an entity, is pretty much a non-entity. People acquainted with it are usually familiar with a persona or two and never see the larger picture. As for the personas themselves, they aren't adverse to Faceless J's existence being revealed to trusted individuals, though they find it far too difficult to explain and prefer the simpler tactic of pretending to be distinct people. It is worth noting that all personas belonging to Faceless J use names beginning with the letter J, or at least a rough analog when using names using different alphabets.

Spoiler: Jax
    Show

Name: Jax
    Race/Species: Human (Caucasian)
    Alignment: Chaotic Good - Happy to help in most causes, but resists too much regulation.
    Class/Profession: Magus - Arcane Scientist: decent fighter, excellent offensive spell caster.
    Power Rating: B- - Wide variety of collected spells and artifacts allow immense versatility.
    Description: Dressed in an anachronistic mashup of clothing drawn from various cultures, preferring long tailed coats to robes. Favors purples, blues, and golds in his clothing. Keeps his brown hair and beard short, more for reasons of practicality than for style.
    Personality: Jax is a consummate scholar. He has a magpie's fascination with everything and a tendency to talk about his observations whether or not people are listening or are even around. He has a sharp deductive mind and can quickly come to a number of largely accurate conclusions based on simple observation. He has a talent for improvising that takes good advantage of his diverse collection of spells and artifacts.
    Equipment: Besides his rapier, Jax boasts a collection of little magical items and artifacts he's collected throughout his travels. These can range from the Ruby Wings, a cloak that can turn into insect wings that allow him to fly, to the Wind Star, a gem that glows in the presence of fate at play.
    Abilities: Jax is a skilled battlemage and swordsman with a detective's eye and a scientist's mind, as well as armed with his artifacts.
    Backstory: The oldest surviving persona belonging to Faceless J, Jax is more or less the de facto leader of the group. He's already had a fairly long life of adventuring already, giving him a good bit of confidence and the skills and experience to back it up. As the oldest, he remembers more of the personas that have died, including a few of significant importance to him.
    Miscellaneous: Jax was born of a desire by Faceless J to understand the world around it. To that end, Jax is by far the most analytical and curious of the surviving personas.

Spoiler: Jericho
    Show

Name: Jericho
    Race/Species: Argonian (reptilian humanoid from the Elder Scrolls franchise)
    Alignment: Lawful Good - Disciplined, prone to meditation, and inclined to fight dragons for the safety of complete strangers.
    Class/Profession: Dragon Slayer/Dragoon
    Power Rating: C+ (B when fighting dragons of any type) - A skilled fighter with a very solid edge against his favored prey.
    Description: A black scaled argonian in dragonscale armor.
    Personality: By far the wisest of the existing personas, Jericho has the sort of demeanor you'd expect from someone who can spend months meditating on the purest meaning of a single word. He is patient, gracious, and slow to anger, and even when he does get angry he displays it in a careful, thought out manner.
    Equipment: Jericho does not have much to his name, beyond a suit of dragon scale armor he crafted himself, a greatsword, and a spear. None of these are magical in nature, but have been crafted and maintained with meticulous dedication, making them extremely powerful for their mundane origins.
    Abilities: Jericho has no talent for magic, but his mastery of Thu'um (a draconic mystic art that blurs the line between words and reality) is unrivaled. Spending must of his free time meditating on words and their meaning and the bond those words and their meaning have with reality has given him a flexible command of shouting that rivals his original teachers, the Gray Beards. Thu'um resembles magic, but operates on a much more primal level and still holds power even in worlds where magic doesn't exist.
    Backstory: Born during a visit to Skyrim, Jericho traveled to High Hrothgar and studied the Thu'um with the Gray Beards for almost two decades, holding dominance the entire time against the growing protests of his peers and possibly Faceless J itself - an astounding display of sheer force of will. Although dragons were not active at that time, Jericho is fascinated by them and has taken every opportunity to study both them and techniques to combat them. (Including studying with the dragoons of Final Fantasy, apparently.)
    Miscellaneous: Jericho was borne by Faceless J's fascination with the Dragonborn mythos, as none of the personas of that time (including Jax) possessed the temperment needed to master the art of the Thu'um.

Spoiler: Juri
    Show

Name: Juri
    Race/Species: Human (Gypsy)
    Alignment: True Neutral - She holds to her word and is loyal to her friends, but doesn't much care what she has to do in their name.
    Class/Profession: Shadow Dancer - Equal parts gypsy dancer, thief, spy, manipulator, and assassin.
    Power Rating: C - Decent at best in a straight up fight. Absolutely deadly when stealth or persuasion come into play.
    Description: An attractive young woman dressed in black.
    Personality: Always friendly and engaging, Juri maintains a strict level of professionalism that is (deeply) buried under a guise of gentle playfulness. She is a very hard person not to like, though a particularly good judge of character may notice she hides a lot under a seemingly open smile. Honestly she really is a sweet and friendly girl with a wicked sense of humor and an easy laugh, but also a very specific set of skills and talents perfect for resolving problems that she will employ without reservation to protect herself and those in her care.
    Equipment: None - Is able to construct weaponry and clothing out of conjured shadow, and prefers such equipment over anything physical.
    Abilities: Possesses an innate magical talent for conjuring and manipulating shadow. Can manufacture clothing for herself out of shadow in whatever style she likes (often dresses), clothing that is comfortable and flexible yet provides surprising protection from trauma. Fights using ribbons of shadow move to her will, and is capable of moving extremely quickly and quietly (borderline teleportation) through shadowed terrain.
    Backstory: When a visit to a world rife with political intrigue became more than Faceless J's personas could handle, Juri was born. She thinks what the others don't think of, walks where the others would dare not go, and does what the others wouldn't dream of.
    Miscellaneous: Not all problems can be solved by the very smart and the very strong. Juri solves these problems by being clever, charming, and (when necessary) absolutely ruthless.

Spoiler: Just Cause
    Show

Name: Just Cause or "JC"
    Race/Species: Troll (Shadowrun)
    Alignment: True Neutral - Does not consider the ramifications of his actions, he does things because they make sense to him, not by any moral code.
    Class/Profession: Mechanic, Pilot, Rigger
    Power Rating: C+ (varies based on available resources) - Just Cause can create a weapon out of virtually anything, and if he can figure out how to rig it for remote operation, he can outgun an armada.
    Description: A massive guy with broad shoulders, reddish skin and bull like horns, Just Cause prefers to wear a blue and white uniform with lots of pockets for odds and ends. He has cybernetic upgrades replacing his right arm, eye, and the entirety of his nervous system. People from more primitive cultures often mistake him for a demon, which he feels is unfair but understandable.
    Personality: Sometimes the very, very smart are also really, really dumb. This is Just Cause to a T. Despite a savant's mastery of technology and invention, Just Cause barely has a child's grasp of concepts such as empathy or consequences. He just doesn't think along those terms. His intelligence can also be easy to miss, as it is purely instinctual rather than academic. He can build a walking war mech in his sleep, and it will serve you well - as long as you don't mind him using complex technical terms such as "this blue thing here" and "that whirly, glowy, humming doodad over there".
    Equipment: Besides his cyberware and clothing, Just Cause carries a shotgun with enough mass and enough kick that only something as big as a troll can handle it properly. The shotgun, which he refers to as "Last Resort", has two modes, shot and slug, and is quite powerful despite its short range. Finally, he builds and maintains a collection of remote operated weapons platforms, of which he can employ several at a given time.
    Abilities: Besides his natural size and strength, Just Cause has an innate gift for robotics and weapons design, allowing him to field a small army of remote-operated mobile weapons platforms. His talents (though not necessarily his passion) extend to most varieties of technology and he's a competent "decker" (an advanced form of computer hacker). Without machinery (or the resources to build machinery), however, he's pretty harmless.
    Backstory: Given that none of the other personas currently active within Faceless J are technologically savvy, it shouldn't be much of a surprise that Just Cause was born. He provides the muscle and technological support that no other persona is able to.
    Last edited by Calemyr; 2014-09-18 at 09:30 AM.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

30. - Top - End - #960

Lieutenant Cielle of Teppelin
    I'll show you just how tough a butterfly really is!

Alias: Cielle (her preferred one)
    Species: Spiral Power-infused Painted Butterfly Beastman
    Alignment: Questionable Neutral (she's struggling to figure it out)
    Power Level: C, but if she ever gets in a mech it's a B. A Spiral Powered mech? A. possibly even S under the right circumstances. Spiral Energy is tricky.

Appearance:
    Clad in a bright, vivid purple cropped jacket, its collar a brilliant canary yellow, with a neon orange cropped tank top worn underneath, Cielle is hard to miss. Her blue pants rival the clear sky in shade, with umbral combat boots rivalling coal. Upon her neck adorns a lime scarf. Due to the design, the scarf is tied to leave little tailing downwards and a semicircle-shaped red eye lies on either side of the knot, creating a butterfly wing-like appearance.
    Cielle herself is a pale, frail-looking ndividual. Her left eye is kaleidoscopic in color, and her hair (shown here on the right side character) is ebony black. Her right eye is covered by the white bandages that encircle her head diagonally over it.

Personality: Cielle is a ruthless combatant with little mercy, but she has a fragment of belief in honorable fighting. She will do anything to win when fighting, but she refuses to ambush an enemy in a sneak attack before the battle or fight an enemy not prepared themselves.
    Cielle is a bit shy and antisocial, and may to some give an impression of bored discontent out of combat. She is not aloof, however, with a keen ear and eye. Cielle has trust issues as well, which doesn't help her antisocial issue.

Equipment

Just a combat knife and 9mm pistol, currently.

Abilites

Spiral Power
    Due to genetical shenanigans, Cielle possesses the ability to absorb Spiral Energy and use it for herself.

Pilot
    Cielle excels at piloting vehicles, especially mechs. She also is a good mechanic.

Soldier
    In combat, Cielle is quite good at using a knife, and has considerable skill with a pistol

Beastman Physiology
    Cielle only consumes nectar and other sources of food butterflies drink. She also has a fragile body in comparison to other beings.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2015-07-03 at 08:32 PM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show