New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1491
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Paladin Academy: A Playground Inspired Story

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftmongoose View Post
    Oh, sorry, didn't notice that, just read it, I still think I'm right though, as he could easily trade out Nil for Mordokai if it was canon.

EDIT: I can all but prove I'm right, check out silver's reaction to your question whether it was canon or not.
    I know that all (even Silver) points to it. I'm just trying not to get overly excited.
    "Ceterum censeo mediomundum esse delendum."
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudius Maximus View Post
    A balor is literally made of evil - for all we know it's composed of malecules and cruelectrons.
    I will leave this world like I entered it - screaming and bathed in blood.

Martial Avatartist by the amazing yldenfrei

2. - Top - End - #1052

Ohmigod! Did I ever tell you I love you Nil. That was great! Poor me... I was gonna marry Viola but she died. And I apparently blame myself for it...
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Troll in the Playground

dont blame yourself, its not that you didnt jump to save her from that blast i launched.

(IM LYEING SO HE CAN FEEL BETTER!!)
    Despite everything, its still me.

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by super dark33 View Post
    dont blame yourself, its not that you didnt jump to save her from that blast i launched.

(IM LYEING SO HE CAN FEEL BETTER!!)
    ...I'm evil in this story sorta, and I still think my character would hate you. I mean, she fights FOR LUV!
    Last edited by Lix Lorn; 2011-02-18 at 05:27 AM.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Titan in the Playground

Hahaha, that gives me the shortest non-canon guest chapter idea ever!

Mordokai
    Nil

Spoiler
    Show
    And Nil,
    Yes Mordokai?
    Don't throw Big parties while im away
    I wont sir.
    Fixed that for you.

I got something to go with this!
    Nil
    Spoiler
    Show
    After Mordokai left, Nil went out to make an announcement.
    Paladins, may I please have your attention. You already know Mordokai has left, and he left me in charge, so now it's party time!
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2011-02-18 at 07:27 PM.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

6. - Top - End - #1056

Currently thinking of a title for this. Feedback and critique appreciated.
    Spoiler
    Show

Five years ago, Viola saved the world from a demon invasion

Four years ago, Viola, Kurama, and Penny graduated from the Academy and passed the final exam

Three years ago, Viola and Kurama were wed

Two years ago, what seemed to be a simple expedition turned into a living nightmare

Two years ago

Two paladins stand before an ominous entrance, stalagmites and stalactites polished and crafted into the shape of a fanged mouth, a pitch black hallway emitting a odor of decay.

Lix, make a torch. NO! That’s four inches too large, and might get out of control! NO! That’s an inch too small, it might die out.

After five minutes of bickering, a suitable flame lights the way into the cavern. Rabbit confidently charges forward perfectly dodging traps, fortunate for Lix who couldn't seem to pay attention. Four years had passed since the death of Grim, and each day seemed more unbearable than the last. For the first week it had been nearly impossible to get her to leave her room, and these missions were supposed to help her cope by showing the paladins do, but she couldn't help but wonder why Grim had betrayed them.

Her thoughts were interrupted as she walked into Rabbit's back, much to the elder paladin's ire. After three paladins requested new partners because she couldn't focus, Rabbit volunteered. Rabbit thought she could help Lix, or would learn to be more patient with others. This newfound patient was often running thin.

We found the tomb Lix. Now please pay attention, this is important. People have been disappearing since.....

Tell me child, why do you allow her to boss you around? Isn't she holding you back? Does she not represent that which took away what you loved? What would you do to take it back? …...Him back?

….........understand? Lix? Were you paying attention?

Yes Rabbit, I know why we came.

Then repeat what I just said.

Lix took a second to look around the room to try and figure that out. A large sarcophagi filled the center of the room, blood stains dried onto the marble. The room was small, but elaborate images were carved into the sides of the tomb, pictures of famine, death, plagues, and fierce monsters.

People have been disappearing since the tomb was found open, and were here to find out why.

Not exactly what I said, but true.

Rabbit bent over the tomb and become to examine the tomb.

Come here, I think I see a face.

Do you really want him back? Would you do anything?

Anything?....

One week later

Is there anything you can do for her Blue?

I'm sorry friend, but the fever will not die. The demons plaguing her flesh and are stronger than my magic. They eat not at her bones, but her heart.

Mordokai was one of the few who often understood Blue, but his assumed wisdom was a cultivated image. He knew Blue better than most, but half the time it came down to a good guess and watching Blue's reaction.

So, its up to her then?

I'll help how I can, but this is her battle. Only the weapon of her heart can conquer this battlefield.

Lix's flesh was pale, cold, and dying. When they didn't return, Mordokai sent out a search party only to find Rabbit dead and Lix cursed. Two days later, her heart stopped.

Current Day

Mistress, we cannot locate the survivors. 15 paladins are still unaccounted for, and rumors among the cattle claim that the wizard Blue is creating a cure for the Blight.

I see. So then, lets fix this little problem, shall we?

The Vampire Queen walked across her throne room, crystals shining with malevolent energy. Snapping off a crystal, she walks up the winding stairs to find a new victim.

If the old ways won't work, we'll have to create new ones, won't we?

Lix smirked, and went to find her newest victim.

As always, accepting characters.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Rogers
    "When I say it's you I like, I'm talking about that part of you that knows that life is far more than anything you can ever see or hear or touch. That deep part of you that allows you to stand for those things without which humankind cannot survive. Love that conquers hate, peace that rises triumphant over war, and justice that proves more powerful than greed."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mother Teresa
    If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Nil View Post
    Currently thinking of a title for this. Feedback and critique appreciated.
    Spoiler
    Show

Five years ago, Viola saved the world from a demon invasion

Four years ago, Viola, Kurama, and Penny graduated from the Academy and passed the final exam

Three years ago, Viola and Kurama were wed

Two years ago, what seemed to be a simple expedition turned into a living nightmare

Two years ago

Two paladins stand before an ominous entrance, stalagmites and stalactites polished and crafted into the shape of a fanged mouth, a pitch black hallway emitting a odor of decay.

Lix, make a torch. NO! That’s four inches too large, and might get out of control! NO! That’s an inch too small, it might die out.

After five minutes of bickering, a suitable flame lights the way into the cavern. Rabbit confidently charges forward perfectly dodging traps, fortunate for Lix who couldn't seem to pay attention. Four years had passed since the death of Grim, and each day seemed more unbearable than the last. For the first week it had been nearly impossible to get her to leave her room, and these missions were supposed to help her cope by showing the paladins do, but she couldn't help but wonder why Grim had betrayed them.

Her thoughts were interrupted as she walked into Rabbit's back, much to the elder paladin's ire. After three paladins requested new partners because she couldn't focus, Rabbit volunteered. Rabbit thought she could help Lix, or would learn to be more patient with others. This newfound patient was often running thin.

We found the tomb Lix. Now please pay attention, this is important. People have been disappearing since.....

Tell me child, why do you allow her to boss you around? Isn't she holding you back? Does she not represent that which took away what you loved? What would you do to take it back? …...Him back?

….........understand? Lix? Were you paying attention?

Yes Rabbit, I know why we came.

Then repeat what I just said.

Lix took a second to look around the room to try and figure that out. A large sarcophagi filled the center of the room, blood stains dried onto the marble. The room was small, but elaborate images were carved into the sides of the tomb, pictures of famine, death, plagues, and fierce monsters.

People have been disappearing since the tomb was found open, and were here to find out why.

Not exactly what I said, but true.

Rabbit bent over the tomb and become to examine the tomb.

Come here, I think I see a face.

Do you really want him back? Would you do anything?

Anything?....

One week later

Is there anything you can do for her Blue?

I'm sorry friend, but the fever will not die. The demons plaguing her flesh and are stronger than my magic. They eat not at her bones, but her heart.

Mordokai was one of the few who often understood Blue, but his assumed wisdom was a cultivated image. He knew Blue better than most, but half the time it came down to a good guess and watching Blue's reaction.

So, its up to her then?

I'll help how I can, but this is her battle. Only the weapon of her heart can conquer this battlefield.

Lix's flesh was pale, cold, and dying. When they didn't return, Mordokai sent out a search party only to find Rabbit dead and Lix cursed. Two days later, her heart stopped.

Current Day

Mistress, we cannot locate the survivors. 15 paladins are still unaccounted for, and rumors among the cattle claim that the wizard Blue is creating a cure for the Blight.

I see. So then, lets fix this little problem, shall we?

The Vampire Queen walked across her throne room, crystals shining with malevolent energy. Snapping off a crystal, she walks up the winding stairs to find a new victim.

If the old ways won't work, we'll have to create new ones, won't we?

Lix smirked, and went to find her newest victim.

As always, accepting characters.
    Nil. You really need to write a story of your own. That was good. Kind of makes me wish that was how I have it planned out, not the way it currently is.

(And before anyone asks, no, I will not change the story on how I planned it out.)
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2011-02-19 at 12:29 AM.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

8. - Top - End - #1058

Oh, thank you.

Though I doubt this story line will be better than the one you have planned out.

Odd fact, this is my second attempt at writing an ongoing story on this forum. Both have been dark and grim.

Like I said, this is my way of showing how much we fans appreciate you taking the time to write such an amazing story. Please keep at it.
    Last edited by Saint Nil; 2011-02-19 at 12:33 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    "When I say it's you I like, I'm talking about that part of you that knows that life is far more than anything you can ever see or hear or touch. That deep part of you that allows you to stand for those things without which humankind cannot survive. Love that conquers hate, peace that rises triumphant over war, and justice that proves more powerful than greed."

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Titan in the Playground

All will learn to fear me, in time. And then they will learn to love their queen.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Titan in the Playground

Saint Nil, your story has convinced me to let my character be in it.
    As long as he's not one of the missing paladins.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

11. - Top - End - #1061

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftmongoose View Post
    Saint Nil, your story has convinced me to let my character be in it.
    As long as he's not one of the missing paladins.
    Well someone's sure cocky and narcissistic.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1062

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Shiro View Post
    Well someone's sure cocky and narcissistic.
    Being featured in cool stories can lift your self esteem. Perscription-free.

You know it's funny how I'm somewhat inclined to write fanfiction for a story that's just posted on some web forum for fun.

By the way, could someone link the thread that spawned this? I always feel like an intruder with everyone and their character knowing each other.

P.S. Still updating TvTropes. Last added: Instant Mastery trope for Rabbit and Viola
    A balor is literally made of evil - for all we know it's composed of malecules and cruelectrons.

13. - Top - End - #1063

The original thread is mostly people talking with Silver's stories peppered inbetween. Any story there is way more easily read at the beginning of this thread.

Getting to know everyone is less a matter of joining some special club and more just hanging around long enough for us to put an image to your name. Try some freeform RP if you want to make more friends here. Or just chat in the thread. I completely understand that some people (myself included) dislike random banter, so I prefer to write.

Writing your own fanficition isn't a bad idea. It might help bring more attention to yourself. Especially if you write about others, as it gives them more reason to pay attention.

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1064

Quote Originally Posted by Partysan View Post

You know it's funny how I'm somewhat inclined to write fanfiction for a story that's just posted on some web forum for fun.

By the way, could someone link the thread that spawned this? I always feel like an intruder with everyone and their character knowing each other.

P.S. Still updating TvTropes. Last added: Instant Mastery trope for Rabbit and Viola
    The original thread was the Playground Shipping Thread... Oh how I miss you Shipping Thread. You were just so muh fun. Even those times where I made myself look REALLY REALLY dumb.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Nil View Post
    The original thread is mostly people talking with Silver's stories peppered inbetween. Any story there is way more easily read at the beginning of this thread.

Getting to know everyone is less a matter of joining some special club and more just hanging around long enough for us to put an image to your name. Try some freeform RP if you want to make more friends here. Or just chat in the thread. I completely understand that some people (myself included) dislike random banter, so I prefer to write.

Writing your own fanficition isn't a bad idea. It might help bring more attention to yourself. Especially if you write about others, as it gives them more reason to pay attention.
    Believe it or not, It may sound superficial, but a custom avatar makes leaps and strides toward being recognizable. Of course, please ignore the fact that I'm using stock for the purpose of this advice.
    Extended Signature

Óla tha eínai éna.

Avatar by Dorian Soth Thormag. Thanks a bunch.

16. - Top - End - #1066

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofOblivion View Post
    Believe it or not, It may sound superficial, but a custom avatar makes leaps and strides toward being recognizable. Of course, please ignore the fact that I'm using stock for the purpose of this advice.
    Well if it helps prove your point, I have no idea who you are. (Not true but if it weren't for this thread I wouldn't know you.)
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1067

Okay everyone, what do you want to read next?

The Fall of the Academy?

The Hope for the Future?

or

Lix's Plot?

Text your vote now!!

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Firbolg in the Playground

Lix's Plot, please.

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

19. - Top - End - #1069

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofOblivion View Post
    Well, now if I just wasn't such a failure as an artist

And Nil, as much as I like Lix, I'll vote for drama and The Fall of the Academy

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    Lix's Plot, please.
    Seconded.

Character limit break.
    Extended Signature

Óla tha eínai éna.

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Firbolg in the Playground

Well, now if I just wasn't such a failure as an artist
    Who said anything about making your own? Go request one like all the other non-avatarists do!

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

22. - Top - End - #1072

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    Who said anything about making your own? Go request one like all the other non-avatarists do!
    Well, yeah maybe it's time to get off my backside and do that. Thanks for kicking me.
    And as punishment for my laziness I'll be using a paint-made avatar until my requested one is ready.

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, yeah maybe it's time to get off my backside and do that. Thanks for kicking me.
    And as punishment for my laziness I'll be using a paint-made avatar until my requested one is ready.
    Hey, it doesn't look bad for paint.
    Extended Signature

Óla tha eínai éna.

24. - Top - End - #1074

Wait you're lazy because you made your own avatar? I'm confused...

Also, The Fall of the Academy is the clear choice.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1075

Well, that creation wasn't supposed to be used, like, ever. And I'm lazy because I've rather been going without avatar for 5 years than spend 3 minutes on a post in the request thread.

26. - Top - End - #1076

Alright, tied between discovering what Lix is up to and what Lix did. I'm going to be up for a bit, so lets wait and see if we get a tie breaker vote.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Titan in the Playground

Nil, from a story tellers stand point, I'll go for what she did first. Then tell us what she plans to do.
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2011-02-22 at 12:29 AM.

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Troll in the Playground

silver, can you inform me wat you planned that happend between Sarudark and Blue or i need to do thhat?
    Despite everything, its still me.

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Titan in the Playground

silver, can you inform me wat you planned that happend between Sarudark and Blue or i need to do thhat?
    I'm still developing it. But I'll let you know when I've planned it all out.

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Barbarian in the Playground

Griffon

My vote goes for Fall of the Academy!