New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Odd Things You Do

Title's pretty self explanatory.

To start, I enjoy cooking, but my eyes are really sensitive to onions. A minute or so after starting to cut them I tear up so badly that I can barely see. Not a good time to be wielding a sharp blade. One day I thought "There really ought to be some kind of airtight thing to put over you eyes, so that onion's won't bother them." After a second, I ran out of the room, got out my swim goggles, and then proceeded to cut the onions tear-free. Everyone who sees me do it think's I'm odd, but at least I can cut onions without taking a break every minute or so.

So, how about you?
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Odd Things You Do

I sing/hum to myself to ignore hunger pangs.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

I pick one thing and obsess over it for extending periods of time.
    Case in point: I have a 30-post per day average on these forums, and have generated at least three character sheets.
    Last edited by Eloi; 2010-06-05 at 01:03 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    I sing/hum to myself to ignore hunger pangs.
    Protip: Eating fixes that issue too. Or did that change when I wasn't looking?

Odd things I do, you inquire? Uh... I sing to myself when no one else is around, mostly cause I am a terrible singer. I treat sandwich making as an artform that no one really practices anymore. I have a very detailed system of coasters on my desk for drink placement. My hands have to remain constantly active, or they'll get numb and start hurting (not sure why), so I play with pens/pencils/pocket knives/whatever so that doesn't happen (also, this is why I carry 4+ pens everywhere). That's a decent list for the moment.

All that I say applies only to myself. You author your own actions and choices. I cannot and will not be responsible for you, nor are you for me, regardless of situation or circumstance.

5. - Top - End - #5

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
    Protip: Eating fixes that issue too. Or did that change when I wasn't looking?

Odd things I do, you inquire? Uh... I sing to myself when no one else is around, mostly cause I am a terrible singer. I treat sandwich making as an artform that no one really practices anymore. I have a very detailed system of coasters on my desk for drink placement. My hands have to remain constantly active, or they'll get numb and start hurting (not sure why), so I play with pens/pencils/pocket knives/whatever so that doesn't happen (also, this is why I carry 4+ pens everywhere). That's a decent list for the moment.
    Hey, I have all those mannerisms too. Weird coincidence.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Firbolg in the Playground

Playing with pens or pencils when I have to make some sort of presentation comes to mind, my being reminded by reading of others' odd things.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eloi View Post
    Hey, I have all those mannerisms too. Weird coincidence.
    What do you look like? You may be my evil clone. We must make sure... for SCIENCE!.

All that I say applies only to myself. You author your own actions and choices. I cannot and will not be responsible for you, nor are you for me, regardless of situation or circumstance.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

I pick one thing and obsess over it for extending periods of time.
    Case in point: I have a 30-post per day average on these forums, and have generated at least three character sheets.
    The character sheets, at least, are nothing to worry about. On my account at the tangled web, I have 61 sheets, of which about 50 are completed and the rest unfinished for various reasons. I also have about 10 sheets at myth-weavers, and about a dozen for real life games.

This is over the span of last three years, since I joined these forums.

Actually, jeah, this may count as an odd thing I do.

9. - Top - End - #9

WhiteWizardGirl

What do you look like? You may be my evil clone. We must make sure... for SCIENCE!.
    Probably nothing like you. I have a low height and weight, blonde, blue-eyes, wear predominantly black loose clothing. And if you have all that, dang, you might be my evil clone.
    Last edited by Eloi; 2010-06-05 at 01:44 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Adumbration View Post
    The character sheets, at least, are nothing to worry about. On my account at the tangled web, I have 61 sheets, of which about 50 are completed and the rest unfinished for various reasons. I also have about 10 sheets at myth-weavers, and about a dozen for real life games.

This is over the span of last three years, since I joined these forums.

Actually, jeah, this may count as an odd thing I do.
    You should start a character-farm, giving out your character sheets for others to use.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Colossus in the Playground

I have a bit of a verbal tic: I tend to, uh, squeak. A lot.
    And I tend to mutter to myself/laugh to myself in the school hallways; I daydream a lot and when I get ideas for my stories I tend to say the dialogue out loud to see how it sounds.

12. - Top - End - #12

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    I have a bit of a verbal tic: I tend to, uh, squeak. A lot.
    And I tend to mutter to myself/laugh to myself in the school hallways; I daydream a lot and when I get ideas for my stories I tend to say the dialogue out loud to see how it sounds.
    So you look kinda crazy whilst muttering odd sounding incarnations squeakily and laughing manically?
    Sounds awesome, I'd probably hang out with you.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Probably nothing like you. I have a low height and weight, blonde, blue-eyes, wear predominantly black loose clothing. And if you have all that, dang, you might be my evil clone.
    Let's see... 6'3", brown hair, 250 lbs, blue eyes, bright colored clothing. Yup, obviously evil clones.

Oh, here's another odd thing I do: I use my trademark caustic black humor constantly. I was once called the Sultan of Sarcasm, a title I very much enjoyed.

14. - Top - End - #14

So you look kinda crazy whilst muttering odd sounding incarnations squeakily and laughing manically?
    Sounds awesome, I'd probably hang out with you.
    You know, I think there's a reason that I'm considered one of the biggest screwballs in school...

15. - Top - End - #15
    Firbolg in the Playground

Sometimes I start rocking out to silence. Sometimes I start walking weirdly. I actually started walking without moving my arms while at school, but only at school. Often while I'm talking, I'll trail off then finish my sentence ten minutes later. Even if the conversation had moved on.
    Last edited by Dogmantra; 2010-06-05 at 01:52 PM.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

16. - Top - End - #16

WhiteWizardGirl

Let's see... 6'3", brown hair, 250 lbs, blue eyes, bright colored clothing. Yup, obviously evil clones.

Oh, here's another odd thing I do: I use my trademark caustic black humor constantly. I was once called the Sultan of Sarcasm, a title I very much enjoyed.
    You are me if I were a tall guy and have brown hair, of course.
    I can be very pitch-black with my humor sometimes. Among my feats of pitch black humor:
    * I have scarred a troll away by having blacker pitched humor then them.
    * I have joked minutes after almost dying from a dog attack.
    * I know facts about bull elephants and hippos that'd probably make you laugh and reach for brain bleach at the same time.
    So we're still evil clones of each other.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

i sit in chairs like L from deathnote.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

On speaking habits: I did have a rather minor speech impediment (mostly due to nerves), which was rectified with some help from my family. I do have a few odder speech habits: replying to questions as a full sentences (e.g. "Do you play chess?" is answered by "I do play chess, yes.") and speaking quite rapidly while doing so ("Idoplaychess, yes" might be the best way of showing it on a keyboard). Mainly because of the methods used to rectify the speech impediment.

I also carry a chess board whenever I carry a sufficiently large bag around with me. It never hurts to be safe...
    At dusk, I will think of you...

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

I talk to myself while I work. And by "talk to myself," I mean I repeat dialogue from movies and videogames.
    Just bear with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Glyphstone View Post
    Nah, Anthropomorphic Bear Werebear Bear Totem Barbarian Bear Warrior Bearlord.
    See? Was that so unbearable?

20. - Top - End - #20

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    i sit in chairs like L from deathnote.
    I hold items like L. I never spill anything even if I'm carrying it by its rim with three fingers. Or holding a phone by its receiver.

21. - Top - End - #21

Haha, I sit just like L too. The only reason that I sit normally is that I get pins and needles after a while.

And I fidget. A lot. And I have a bit of an oral fixation.
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2010-06-05 at 02:16 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

I have a constant need of doing somethig with my hands, it is VERY difficult for e to have them iddle (does that means arguskos, eloi and me are evil triplets?)

When having a problem doing whatever I tend to ask myself aloud "What if do X to solve Y" and the answer my self "no that won't work, but if I try Z maybe"... I had converstation with myself that last for hours
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

I don't know how to exactly describe how I sit. I think it's normally describes as "having one leg over the other," but I'm not sure if that even makes sense as a description, so... yeah. Occasionally, I will cross my legs, even while I'm on a chair/stool/table. Bad habit from Year 1/2 of primary school.

I occasionally grip cups with three fingers (by the rim), but that tends to backfire when it has anything warm in it. Ah-ha.

-edit- And me to the list of "dislikes idleness in regards to hands." The only times when I can keep my hands relaxed is when I am eating or reading. Otherwise, I tend to fiddle with pens etcetera.
    Last edited by Allan Surgite; 2010-06-05 at 02:17 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Pixie in the Playground

To a certain point and not the crazy kind I copy stuff that I see in anime and movies.
    Basicaly I copy Bruce Lee kicks and stuff like that, or anything else I can do that wont kill me.... sometimes I sing a song that I heard, ect...
    I day dream about being a hero in insane situations, or saving lives.
    I also spend countless hours on youtube looking for one type of video. If I am into Gurren Lagann on that day then I spend hours a day looking up Gurren Lagann stuff. Sadly this current computer of mine does not have sound so I am limited.
    I troll ( but not on here I wont) different internet forums and stuff. My trolling is not like other trolling though. Maybe one of you will get to see it one day. Recently I trolled the George W. Bush facebook page. I did not insult him just people that were trashing Obama unfairly. ( Not that big of an Obama fan but when people call him the worst president ever thats when I decide to push thier buttons. )

I put sun chips on my peanutbutter sandwitchs. I love the taste..... yummy... sunny goodness.

I also talk about doing wierd cosplays with my friends.... most of them use [ add random character name from anything here ] on a chocobo....... Like Anti-Sprial.... on a chocobo.......... so wrong.... but yet so right.
    Silly hats only.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

I treat sandwich making as an artform that no one really practices anymore. .
    hah, so I'm not the only one.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Barbarian in the Playground

I do nearly everything in fours. 'Nuff said.
    -Xavez
    My name is pronounced "ZAH-vez"
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    But you can't ride in a pack saddle unless you're an object. So better switch to Female.

27. - Top - End - #27

I sort of subconciously take things apart and (sometimes) put them back together again.
    Example?
    Yesterday at a party, they were passing aroung these plastic champagne glasses, and I somehow managed to take the base off and get it stuck in the bowl...

I also trail of in the middle of some senta
    Grlump the Elder, a Lvl. 5 Gnome Barbarian with a penchant for food.

Want an Avatar? ¦ I'm Building a Dalek ¦ Arthur B. Fittlewick: Dinosaur Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Grlump is way cool. That's too few words for how cool I think he is...

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

I've been told I have very strange diction and little hand mannerisms when I talk.

I'm not sure how odd it is in the rest of the world, but I've lived in Canada all my life and never once met someone else who points only with their middle finger.

Whenever I'm waiting or am bored, I do that weird thing with the fingers like so.

Oh, and I tend to start laughing in public when I remember something funny and laugh harder when I try to not laugh. Very weird looks it gives me.

This might be related to the first thing, but apparently I speak in anachronisms (the term used was "old timey words").

(This also might be part of the first thing,) I have this weird thing where I can never use a contraction where saying the words in the order given in the contraction would be weird grammar. (ex, someone ask me to do something, instead of saying "can't you do it?", I'll say "can you not do it?".

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tricksy Hobbits View Post
    This might be related to the first thing, but apparently I speak in anachronisms (the term used was "old timey words").

(This also might be part of the first thing,) I have this weird thing where I can never use a contraction where saying the words in the order given in the contraction would be weird grammar. (ex, someone ask me to do something, instead of saying "can't you do it?", I'll say "can you not do it?".
    Join the club, we have two ping-pong balls and a casket of unopened ginger beer 8D

30. - Top - End - #30
    Banned

I occasionally put mmy ski goggles on when doing extended computer time.