New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Shield Feats?

1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Shield Feats?

So my group has gone down to just two players, a psion and a wizard/cleric/mystic thurge.

As such, I'm going to throw in a DMPC. We've done it before, we're cool, the DMPC's really just tend to be in the background for most part. If the players miss major points for whatever reason, despite it being writen to them, I sometimes have them point it out by flat out saying "Hey, the sword is in the inn..."

In anycase, I figured a good one to use would be just a meat shield. Just a creature to call people and hold their ground. I figured I'd use a shield master. A guy that is well defended, and even use shields to fight with. (I'd do a duel shielder if the shields stacked XD).

Anyways, here are the feats I've found so far. If anyone has any more, please tell me where.

PHB:
    Improved Shield Bash

PHB2:
    Shield Specialization
    Active Shield Defense
    Agile Sield Fighter
    Shield Sling
    Shield Ward

CW:
    Shield Charge
    Shield Slam

I have everybook, but those are the only ones I can remember at top of my head. Are there any other books with shields?

Any tips on what shield I should use, and any how to effectly use them? The class will be fighter. I do know there are other wise to make a better defense, but really, this is abouit the PC's shining, not my guy kicking ass. Any tips on how to effectly draw the monsters towards him, other then DM fiat?

Elf ranger went a scoutin' and found a half-dragon ogre with a greataxe. I soon had a half-elf. ~ Pelfaid's first character death.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Shield Feats?

Person_Man has a Guide to Shield in these very boards.

[Edit]: I would actually suggest Combat Reflexes and Stand Still for a defensive character. Keep 'em at hand, so to say.
    [2.Edit]: Have you considered Knight?
    Last edited by Greenish; 2010-06-06 at 12:40 PM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudius Maximus View Post
    Also fixed the money issue by sacrificing a goat.
    Quote Originally Posted by subject42 View Post
    This board needs a "you're technically right but I still want to crawl into the fetal position and cry" emoticon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukitsu View Post
    I define [optimization] as "the process by which one attains a build meeting all mechanical and characterization goals set out by the creator prior to its creation."
    Praise for avatar may be directed to Derjuin.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Shield Feats?

The Imp. Shield Bash feats work really well in conjunction with Tiger's Claw from Tome of Battle.

a steampunk fantasy ♦ the novelthe album