New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Stacking feats

1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Stacking feats

my friend asked me "As a rogue with two-weapon fighting, I'm thinking of multiclassing to ranger. At level 2 ranger, I can gain the two-weapon fighting as a class feat. If i already have the feat, does it stack? in which case i would get improved two weapon fighting at lvl 2 ranger instead of just keeping my current feat."

any clues?
    My Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Half-Elf Paladin was made by BRC

Dwarf Barbarian made by Silversnowe

GENERATION 15: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.

DEGENERATION 93: Copy this into your sig and subtract 1 from the degeneration when you first see it. This is an antisocial experiment.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Stacking feats

If it stacks, it will expressly say so (like Evasion/Improved Evasion does in some PrC's). But if it doesn't say so, then no, it does not stack. If you run into that, ask the DM if you can retrain the duplicate feat into something else.
    Ding, You've Got Trophies!
    Spoiler
    Show

Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist but you have ceased to live. - Samuel Clemens

Oh, and DFTBA.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

ok thanks thats fair enough... seems a bit rubbish really, i would imagine it would stack, ah well, we'll talk to the DM
    My Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

GENERATION 15: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.

DEGENERATION 93: Copy this into your sig and subtract 1 from the degeneration when you first see it. This is an antisocial experiment.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

... You do know that you're not supposed to get ITWF until lvl 6+?

Retraining it is as good as stacking, provided you qualify for the ITWF feat (cause you can retrain it to ITWF)

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

lol didnt, realise, good point indeed :P that helps :P
    My Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Actually... as a rogue with 2 weapon fighting... multiclass to SWASHBUCKLER. Check the feat "Daring Outlaw" in Complete Scoundrel. You'll be able to stack the two classes for sneak attack damage, and add the swashbuckler's weapon finesse and INT bonus to damage. very capable melee fighter.
    Ding, You've Got Trophies!
    Spoiler
    Show

Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist but you have ceased to live. - Samuel Clemens

Oh, and DFTBA.