New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Looking to make the "Hulk"

First off, this isnt really the Hulk, and overpowering isnt a problem.

I'm thinking Gestalt Goliath, with Barbarian/????, things like leap attack, prc into Frenzied Beserker, and as many roll with its as possible.

As for equipment, stuff for strength, dex, con, ac, boots of haste, and to Enlarge person on me.

Mainly, if anyone can help me with ac, regeneration/fast healing/immunities so on, i would appreciate it.
    You live in your world and I'll live in mine. Invade my world and I'll go medieval on your subconscious tookus.

Do not mistake my inaction for fear or doubt, if I desire you to hang yourself by your own rope why should I hasten the inevitable?

Do not underestimate me, for I have not underestimated you...

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Looking to make the "Hulk"

War Hulk for starters. Maybe Half-Troll?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I remember reading about another Prc or something that had a sort of frenzy ability that increased your size category to large--and War hulk's abilities are only in effect when you're large: if whoever originally posted that suggestion shows up maybe they can tell you how that works(I know this is vague, I can just remember the suggestion coming up in another thread). That would pretty much make you the hulk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancalagon View Post
    Wow. You must be at least... 5000 years old. Probably even more! ;)

Do you like reading? Then check out my personal site dedicated to my fiction writing! The more interest/comments I get, the more writings I'll put on there! Thanks
    https://sites.google.com/site/writingsofanauthor/

Did you participate in my psyc research? PM me any questions you have and I'll try to answer them!
    Results

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Protecar View Post
    I remember reading about another Prc or something that had a sort of frenzy ability that increased your size category to large--and War hulk's abilities are only in effect when you're large: if whoever originally posted that suggestion shows up maybe they can tell you how that works(I know this is vague, I can just remember the suggestion coming up in another thread). That would pretty much make you the hulk.
    The racial substitution level Goliath Barbarian makes you large, when ragining, allowing you to qualify for War Hulk only when enraged. So, when you go into a rage, you become supremely strong and melee-dangerous. Otherwise, you're pretty normal. Like the Hulk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Ring of Evasion means never playing a monk with monk levels again. There is just no reason to dip that stuff. I know we're all about using every part of the buffalo here, but can we just admit that it's inedible?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Ah okay. Thanks Mongoose, I wasn't sure how that worked. Fun idea. I approve this build. And second the idea to be a half-troll or a troll-something. Away from books but they come with regen/fast healing + some immunities correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancalagon View Post
    Wow. You must be at least... 5000 years old. Probably even more! ;)

Do you like reading? Then check out my personal site dedicated to my fiction writing! The more interest/comments I get, the more writings I'll put on there! Thanks
    https://sites.google.com/site/writingsofanauthor/

Did you participate in my psyc research? PM me any questions you have and I'll try to answer them!
    Results

6. - Top - End - #6
    Banned

Mongoose87's got it down. However, if you really want to, you can run with the Giant from "Arcana Evolved" (by Monte Cook) and take three levels of the giant paragon class to get a permanent size increase to qualify for War Hulk.

Alternatly, you can use The Book of Iron Might (3rd party material) and become a Large Ironborn. You get +2 to any stat, -2 to any stat, an additional -2 to strength, and then you can pick a racial characteristic that gives you some ridiculous NatArmor boost.

Either way, you want to go for War Hulk. Goliath probably isn't the best idea if you want a functional character, since the class levels you pick up for War Hulk will only apply when you're raging, which means you need to rage in order to be competent. You'd a little screwed, especially once you take a lot of levels of War Hulk.

7. - Top - End - #7

Quote Originally Posted by Korivan View Post
    First off, this isnt really the Hulk, and overpowering isnt a problem.
    In b4 Hulking Hurler.

Nothing says love like throwing the planet you're on... for massive damage.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put tomato in fruit salad. Charisma is convincing someone it's a good idea anyways.

I am a 12/13/13/17/15/17 True Neutral Sorcerer2.

Tainted Bonds, a newly-created Touhou x D&D 3.5 CYOA. Just read these before posting anywhere. Talk about it here.

Awesome remastered ballista avatar by Savannah!

8. - Top - End - #8

HULKing Hurler, perhaps?

EDIT: Swordsage'd.
    Last edited by Critical; 2010-06-12 at 04:21 PM.
    Awesome Bleachatar by Terry576.

Previous Awesome Avvies:
    Spoiler
    Show

Levethix the Dray Arcane Swordsage from the harsh world of Dark Sun.

Fallout bloody mess avatar by C-Lam.

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ursa Warrior PrC
    More to come... I hope.

9. - Top - End - #9

Quote Originally Posted by For Valor View Post

Either way, you want to go for War Hulk. Goliath probably isn't the best idea if you want a functional character, since the class levels you pick up for War Hulk will only apply when you're raging, which means you need to rage in order to be competent. You'd a little screwed, especially once you take a lot of levels of War Hulk.
    The point of the Hulk, though, is that he's only super strong when he's mad. It might be weaker, but it's very flavorful.
    Ring of Evasion means never playing a monk with monk levels again. There is just no reason to dip that stuff. I know we're all about using every part of the buffalo here, but can we just admit that it's inedible?

10. - Top - End - #10

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose87 View Post
    The point of the Hulk, though, is that he's only super strong when he's mad. It might be weaker, but it's very flavorful.
    And thats exactly what i want. Also, what book is war halk in?
    You live in your world and I'll live in mine. Invade my world and I'll go medieval on your subconscious tookus.

Do not mistake my inaction for fear or doubt, if I desire you to hang yourself by your own rope why should I hasten the inevitable?

11. - Top - End - #11
    Colossus in the Playground

And thats exactly what i want. Also, what book is war halk in?
    Miniatures Handbook or the internet. And yeah, you can actually go non-Goliath; I really love Water Orc, Human or even Strongheart Halfling base with Stoneblessed: Goliath over the first levels, picking up Barbarian with the Goliath-sub and then heading into Frenzied for 1 level, 10 levels of War Hulk and 3 of Hulking Hurler (c'mon, that's precisely what Hulk does; toss things at people).
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Banned

Half-Troll makes more sense than Goliath I think, especially for regeneration.

13. - Top - End - #13

BlueKnightGuy

Im kinda going for more of a puncher. Or a jumper. Jump Attack with FB's upgrades to power attack, then punch away. I know a two handed weapon would be better to take advantage of my STR, but I'm not going for the best possible Hulk, just the ugliest, meanest, rampaging monkey I can.

14. - Top - End - #14

Im kinda going for more of a puncher. Or a jumper. Jump Attack with FB's upgrades to power attack, then punch away. I know a two handed weapon would be better to take advantage of my STR, but I'm not going for the best possible Hulk, just the ugliest, meanest, rampaging monkey I can.
    For extra lulz, take Bear Warrior in there, so you can be ugly, mean and hairy.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Firbolg in the Playground

Go Infernal Monster Style. One Hand Fury, Crack the Sky, maybe a couple of Adorjan Charms to help out with the speed.

(Yes, I know, OP's referring to a 3.5 game. )

16. - Top - End - #16
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Protecar View Post
    What book is that in? and which book is War Hulk in?

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    HULKing Hurler, perhaps?
    Or an umber HULK.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Improved Toughness + Pain Mastery would fit (hard to kill, and the more you hit him, the stronger he gets).