New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomePirate

Question Question on Ulric's Fury (WFRP 2nd Edition)

In the paragraph explaining what Ulric's Fury is, the term "the player" and "the character" is always used. I'm used to D&D, with players being stronger than most NPCs and receiving bonuses that only they receive, so I was wondering if players were the only ones who could unleash Ulric's Fury. Is it game breaking to let NPCs and monsters unleach Ulric's Fury? Do most GMs allow anyone to unleash Ulric's Fury?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Question on Ulric's Fury (WFRP 2nd Edition)

The players are most definetly not the only ones who can unleash Ulric's Fury. If they were, it'd go against the spirit of WFRP, which is supposed to be deadly and most definetly not supposed to coddle the PCs as D&D does.
    Last edited by Morty; 2010-06-13 at 07:36 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GroovyTaxi View Post
    In the paragraph explaining what Ulric's Fury is, the term "the player" and "the character" is always used. I'm used to D&D, with players being stronger than most NPCs and receiving bonuses that only they receive, so I was wondering if players were the only ones who could unleash Ulric's Fury. Is it game breaking to let NPCs and monsters unleach Ulric's Fury? Do most GMs allow anyone to unleash Ulric's Fury?
    No not at all, if you feel that it could offer an exciting challenge to your players then you shouldn't hesitate.

but i've never played 2ed and don't know that rule
    Last edited by Aeromyre; 2010-06-13 at 07:37 AM.
    Me: "I am the all powerful force that holds the universe together, but at the same time i don't exist" Jeremy: "Oh so you're like God?" Me: "NO! I'm better than God...I'm the Dungeon Master"

My Improved Fighter Variant

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomePirate

Thanks for your answers!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Yup everyone gets Ulric's Fury and I've never heard of a Warhammer G.M. not allowing N.P.C.s and monsters to use it. I mean anybody would think you're trying to be nice to the players
    All Comicshorse's posts come with the advisor : This is just my opinion any difficulties arising from implementing my ideas are your own problem