New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Beholder

Default Gestalt and Fast Movement

When making a gestalt character, it indicates that if both sides have the same feature in their progression, you get whichever one is gained faster. Fast movement is one of those features that can be gained in different increments as well as at different rates. So for example, if one side of the gestalt gains fast movement +10 every 6 levels, and the other gets fast movement +5 every 2 levels, what actually gets counted?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Default Re: Gestalt and Fast Movement

Quote Originally Posted by megabyter5 View Post
    When making a gestalt character, it indicates that if both sides have the same feature in their progression, you get whichever one is gained faster. Fast movement is one of those features that can be gained in different increments as well as at different rates. So for example, if one side of the gestalt gains fast movement +10 every 6 levels, and the other gets fast movement +5 every 2 levels, what actually gets counted?
    If I am correct they alternate. More than likely you will get the second one. But if I am understanding correctly you get whichever is better. Just like everything else. For example if one side gave you +10 feet and the other gave +15 feet you get + 15 feet. Then next Level the +10 side turns into +20 and the other stays +15 you get the +20 side instead. Make sense?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Drascin View Post
    DM: "And now you descend into the mazelike tunnels, where no light save for what magic you bring will illuminate your path, as you search for-"
    Player: "I'm preparing Teleport twice each day."
    DM: "...and there goes the tension by the window"

Spoiler
    Show
    I Am A: Lawful Good Human Ranger (3rd Level)
    Ability Scores
    Strength: 15
    Dexterity: 18
    Constitution: 16
    Intelligence: 16
    Wisdom: 16
    Charisma: 14

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

If they give the same bonus (enhancement for example, see monk and scout) they do not stack. Otherwise they stack.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

1.Ignore that stupid clause. I mean, really.

2.Almost every fast movement bonus I'm aware of is an enhancement bonus to movement speed. They wouldn't stack, you'd just be able to use the better of the two.
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Godskook View Post
    1.Ignore that stupid clause. I mean, really.

2.Almost every fast movement bonus I'm aware of is an enhancement bonus to movement speed. They wouldn't stack, you'd just be able to use the better of the two.
    So you should calculate both bonuses as normal, and just apply whichever is higher at your level?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by megabyter5 View Post
    So you should calculate both bonuses as normal, and just apply whichever is higher at your level?
    Yes. Instead of trying to figure out what that rule means, just say "would this work in regular play?" If yes, go for it, if no, ask why. That should tell you what you need to know. (In reference to stacking class features.)
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Godskook View Post
    Scout and Monk are both Enhancement, but barbarian's is untyped.