New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Looking for puppet master type class

So I'm starting up a game, and I'm looking for a custom class for one of the players in my game. I'm looking for something in the vein of a puppet master, but none of the puppet master/puppeteer type classes I've found so far seem to quite match what we're trying to make. The classes I've found so far seem to focus on making small animated puppets that you control remotely... what my player is thinking of is more the ability to create a puppet-like shell which he can get inside, and control through something like psionics. Many of the puppet classes offer a feature allowing the character to occupy a puppet, but they're all not offered until really high levels since that's not the main focus of the class... by the time you're able to occupy a puppet the puppets are really powerful.
    I don't feel like being able to occupy a shell is THAT overpowered of an ability for the first few levels of a class, assuming it doesn't give particularly good bonuses... Does anyone know of a class that's anything like this?
    "I'll make you party at my funeral
    'Cause mourning is for suckers.
    I'll rent a ferris wheel and
    cotton candy machine and have open bar
    with all the Pabst that you can drink
    the PA blasting my Clash records.
    You'll finally know that life's okay
    Even when bad things happen"
    Stand There Until You're Sober,
    Bomb the Music Industry!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Banned

Default Re: Looking for puppet master type class

If you're after something you can get inside try the Dungeoneering class? I can't remember the link though!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Banned

Personally, I'd do this by treating the player's race as mechanically Warforged, but say he's actually a small-ish race inside the Warforged controlling it. Refluff some classes like Warforged Juggernaut or Fleshwarper or Renegade Mastermaker, and you could probably do pretty well with it.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

one question: was your inspiration for this class a character from Naruto?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Couldn't you just use one of those classes, but just say that he's inside the puppet, rather than controlling it from the outside?
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

If you want a puppet you can get inside, the Professor class in Le Cirque Funeste in my sig can be used by simply ignoring the defence progression, refitting the Fort save to a standard Poor save and using the Squirrel Hole Puppet feat.

The class may well be a little underpowered to D&D eyes, but it's the best i can offer.
    Mine is not so much a Peter Pan Complex as a Peter Pan Doom Fortress and Underground LairTM!
    Fae-o-matic Want a fae from folklore stated? Give me the lore and I'll do it for you!
    Le Cirque Funeste Evil Fairy Circus! Ray Bradbury, refined down to snortable powder!