New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Transmutation?

1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Transmutation?

are there any good transmutation builds out there for 3.5? i know that there are good evocation builds (mailman) and abjuration has a few good ones, enchantment has bards for their big supporters, conjuration is key, necromancers have a niche, as do diviners, but i dont think i have seen any good transmutation builds.

does anyone have a good trans. focused build that i could look at to base a character off of at level 8?
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post

You're just going to start randomly setting things on fire, aren't you?
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post

This entire campaign's going to become nothing but partying in a long forgotten world, isn't it?
    In the past, I played Sir Theo Roost.
    I am soon to begin playing his heir, Dora the Destroya

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Transmutation?

Try here.

This space for rent.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Peace View Post
    "See these cookies? Note how while good they taste sort of bland. Now try these, they're the same cookies but with chocolate chips added. Notice how with the second batch we expended slightly more ingredients but dramatically enhanced the flavor? That's metamagic."
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Seriously, can we kill this misconception now? A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He shops for precisely what he means to.

Winner of Junkyard Wars 31.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: Transmutation?

Treantmonk's guide gives a lot of good tips for transmuters, even if his... predilection... for conjuration means there are more good conjuration tips.

Nitpick: Mailman often uses non-evocation spells for delivery. And as a sorcerer, the school doesn't matter as much.

Check out the War Weaver if you want a fun, capable buffing-style transmuter. If you want an overpowered transmuter you can always run an incantatrix and persist your buffs, but that is the road to DM smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    I want tools to use in the game, not a blank check to do what I want. I can already do what I want.